I AM THE MASTER NOW

By Greg L | 30 May 2006 | Blogs | 17 Comments

Black Velvet Bruce Lee disappeared this evening, along with every post. Perhaps BVBL decided he had accomplished all he wanted.

My experience with BVBL has been interesting, to say the least. He raised important questions and uncovered surprising facts regarding candidates for office, and I’m convinced that he provided a great service to the citizens of Manassas and Prince William County who visited. It was not always pretty, was usually controversial, never boring and always informative. I choose to continue the blog, focusing on the issues and candidates important to my community as strongly as before, but perhaps with a little less of the flair which anonymity can provide.

BVBL, I thank you for what you have brought to the voters, and your dedication to uncovering the truth, and hope that I continute your Dojo in a way that does you credit.

1. Soopafly said on 30 May 2006 at 7:14 am:

No BVBL? Maybe, like King Arthur, BVBL will return when we need him most.

2. Anonymous said on 30 May 2006 at 7:46 am:

Sooo, you basically existed to destroy the Chapman campaign … interesting.

3. Anonymous said on 30 May 2006 at 9:53 am:

You can run but you can’t hide…now the fun will start. Start looking for the Sheriff—he has something for you

4. Greg L said on 30 May 2006 at 10:47 am:

I am not hiding. Come and get me.

5. James Young said on 30 May 2006 at 12:41 pm:

And once again, I had it right from the start.

Looks like that threatened lawsuit by Chapman might have more merit than some want to admit.

6. AWCheney said on 30 May 2006 at 12:47 pm:

Greg, looks like Chapman’s people don’t want issues and other candidates discussed. It would seem that they want the discussion of Chapman to continue in perpetuity.

7. Hold-Fast said on 30 May 2006 at 1:49 pm:

James,

Ever stop to think that BVBL might have gone underground, just to further frustrate the Chapman campaign and his legal team? All Chapman would have had to do was to produce information to the contrary of BVBL’s claims. That would have been sufficient to discredit him or her. He didn’t. No one did. But let’s not forget, it was a series of errors by Chapman that knocked him out. Not BVBL.

8. Maureen Wood said on 30 May 2006 at 2:07 pm:

Well, as we can all see BVBL is alive and well. He needed a long Holiday weekend. Poor guy!

9. Maureen Wood said on 30 May 2006 at 2:13 pm:

Ooop’s I goofed. I went back and saw that it was Greg that put up the postings.

I hope BVBL comes back. He had alot of interesting things to say.

By the way, so do you Greg

10. Greg L said on 30 May 2006 at 2:27 pm:

Thanks, all. As soon as this teapot tempest is over, I hope to have BVBL posting again. He knows he’s welcome any time!

11. The Green Hornet said on 30 May 2006 at 2:43 pm:

BVBL is probably around, watching what is happening, and will reappear when/if he is needed.

12. David C.F. Ray said on 30 May 2006 at 8:38 pm:

Well, Greg, one of two things is certain — you either ARE Black Velvet Bruce Lee, or you know who Black Velvet Bruce Lee is. I doubt you just found this unused blog just lying in a dumpster and just took it home with you.

Also, if BVBL were so proud of all his work, there’d be no need to take down all those proud postings. Sounds like a little damage control of his own going on.

13. Greg L said on 30 May 2006 at 8:46 pm:

David,

I am not BVBL. The facts are that BVBL deleted this blog last night, and I went in and re-established a similar blog with the same name soon after I discovered this.

We met at the 10th CD convention, and I hope you got a chance to figure out what I’m like.

14. David C.F. Ray said on 30 May 2006 at 9:31 pm:

Greg,

Since you’re now operating under the blog name “Black Velvet Bruce Lee,” you indeed ARE Black Velvet Bruce Lee, your protestation to the contrary notwithstanding.

The real question is whether you also WERE Black Velvet Bruce Lee last week and the months leading up to this past weekend.

And while you might assert your complete independence from whoever ran the site prior to this weekend, no one would credibly buy that.

15. Charles said on 31 May 2006 at 12:57 am:

I believe you, Greg.

It does appear that BVBL wasn’t as sure of his facts as he made out, and decided to close down rather than take any chances.

To those who say he deleted all his posts because “his job was done”, realise that first, Steve is registered to run for the seat, just not for the republican caucus. While I don’t expect him to run as an independent, BVBL could NEVER have decided Steve wouldn’t do so.

Second, BVBL started BEFORE there was a campaign, and Steve could run for another position — so BVBL would have no reason to delete all his posts if his intent was to ensure Steve never ran for office.

So while I don’t know for certain what the truth was on the many charges BVBL filed, it seems clear that he has withdrawn the charges, they have vanished into the ether.

Unless someone made a copy before deletion, Steve’s got nothing he can “answer” to anymore.

Greg, I wish you no ill, but of all the names you could have chosen, I think it was a mistake to resurect this particular blog, which was, at its core, a destructive, vindictive tool. I don’t see how you get out from under that cloud — It’s like moving into a house where people were murdered.

16. AWCheney said on 31 May 2006 at 2:21 am:

That’s harsh Charles…and unfair. Given the fact that Chapman is no longer a Republican candidate, I expect that BVBL feels that he has achieved his desired purpose…getting out the truth about an unqualified, and downright embarrassing, excuse of a candidate.

Chapman NEVER came out and denied anything that BVBL alleged because he couldn’t. Everything that BVBL posted was a matter of public record, carefully researched. Even when he got conflicting data, he posted that information and sought to clarify it (FOIA requests).

I don’t think ANYONE thought that Steve Chapman would be so incompetent as to FORGET the filing date…not even me. The fact that he did does not speak well to the manner of representation the 50th would have had, had Chapman succeeded.

Insofar as WHEN this blog was started, if you recall, a number of people confirmed that Chapman and some of his supporters were already making calls before BVBL entered the fray. There is no doubt that he was a candidate. It is now Chapman, himself, who is making himself a target on the blogs with this lawsuit nonsense. When even Jaded JD gets into the battle, you’ve got to know that Chapman is skating on very thin ice. He’s only hurting himself further now…and will have no one to blame BUT himself if this finishes him politically in PWC, or even Virginia. I imagine that there are a few of his more visible supporters out there right now who are squirming, and wishing that Steve Chapman would learn by his mistakes and just move on. Not likely, though.

17. Anonymous said on 2 Jun 2006 at 6:07 pm:

Google has cached all of the original content of this blog.

Views: 2022