IS COLGAN CALLING FOR WEIMER?

By Greg L | 30 May 2006 | Virginia Senate, 50th HOD District | 7 Comments

I’ve heard some say they got calls from Sen. Chuck Colgan (D-29th) on behalf of Carroll Weimer, and others are saying this isn’t true. I’d like to be sure either way, so I’m going to open this up to BVBL readers to help establish what the truth is here.

Who is calling you, and on behalf of whom?

UPDATE: Vincent is reporting that Colgan is calling “without a doubt”.

UPDATE 2: An anon poster claims he called Weimer, who called Colgan, and no one is fessing up.

1. Anonymous said on 30 May 2006 at 10:30 pm:

Why don’t you call Carroll and ask?

-A

2. Anonymous said on 30 May 2006 at 10:38 pm:

We voted in the ‘04 Democratic primary, to screw with the Dems, and we got a call.

3. Greg L said on 30 May 2006 at 10:58 pm:

anon 10:30 - it’s too late tonight, and I’m out of pocket tomorrow.

4. Jared Kobulnicky said on 31 May 2006 at 12:09 am:

Senator Colgan is a respectable gentleman and statesman. His political guidance carries a lot of weight amongst ordinary voters in Prince William County and the city of Manassas. Colgan’s support should help Weimer.

5. Anonymous said on 31 May 2006 at 7:54 am:

Anon-

Maybe you’re just a democrat screwing with us righ now….;)

-Andy

6. Anonymous said on 31 May 2006 at 10:14 am:

This whole episode bothers me. I understand about personal friends who might not be strict republicans wanting to support a candidate but to have a dem calling on behalf of a R for a primary doesn’t make any sense to me. So, I called Carroll. Here’s his response (as best I recall):

“Despite “confirmations” to the contrary, I have not asked Colgan to call anyone on my behalf. I have, however, heard this rumor so I called the Colgans to see if they were indeed calling. They assure me they have better things to do and are not calling.”

-A

7. Anonymous said on 1 Jun 2006 at 1:36 pm:

Does anything show up on caller ID?