video production in Manassas and Prince William County

LAWSUIT THREATS FROM A DEAD CAMPAIGN

By Greg L | 30 May 2006 | Blogs, 50th HOD District | 12 Comments

The keystone cops of Steve Chapman’s legal team are now scouring Manassas and Prince William County to figure out who to file a lawsuit against and who BVBL is. I have received word that Faisal Gil will probably have me served with papers in the next day or so, either as a defendant in a lawsuit or with a subpoena for me to reveal who BVBL is. As BVBL himself has said, Gil & Gallinger of Washington, Northern Virginia, Los Angeles, St. Louis and New York, Counsleors (sic) at Law, can bite me.

Given the professional misconduct already seen from this law firm, the utter stupidity of this case, and the pointlessness of this whole exercize at this point, I am surprised any legal professional would counsel a client to pursue this. Perhaps Jad N. Sansour, Esq has nothing else to do but scrape for the crumbs falling from Steve Chapman’s inconsiderable wallet, and risk his newly minted admittance to the bar in support of a political campaign that has embarrrased itself out of the race.

Jad, I hope you cashed that retainer check already.

If Steve Chapman wants to file a lawsuit on this his political career is utterly finished. If Faisal Gil wants to be a part of this, his own political future will never happen.

Earth to the Chapman legal team: it’s time to slink away and hope the world forgets this whole episode.

1. AWCheney said on 30 May 2006 at 11:58 am:

This is insane! Whoever BVBL is, I think he should go ahead and take Jaded JD’s advice(Posted May 25, 2006, “And they shall know that I am THE LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon them.”) and present the original letter to the bar association for action. This Jad N. Sansour, with his brand new admittance to the bar, could find himself standing before it already.

2. Had to Say said on 30 May 2006 at 1:52 pm:

We’re behind you BVBL! Go get ‘em!

3. Anonymous said on 30 May 2006 at 5:04 pm:

NJH has this to say over at NLS:

“Faisal Gill was a Bush appointee who was suspended from his DHS job over his failure to disclose his connections with the company of convicted terrorist Abdurahman Alamoudi.”

So this is the guy who is going after BVBL? I wonder if Chapman ever accepted money from Gill?

4. Anonymous said on 30 May 2006 at 5:15 pm:

Shaun Kenny has something interesting regarding cases like this:

5. AWCheney said on 30 May 2006 at 8:06 pm:

Well Greg, it seems that an anonymous poster on a Chapman thread over at NLS (”Outrage”), who appears to be as grammatically challenged as Chapman, seems to feel that I will be included in the lawsuit for some reason. Hope you don’t mind, but I borrowed your (and BVBL’s) rallying cry in response. ;-)

6. Greg L said on 30 May 2006 at 8:39 pm:

To the extent I have any ownership rights on “bite me”, I freely license it’s use to anyone who uses it to respond to attorneys who threaten harassing lawsuits that lack merit.

7. Anonymous said on 30 May 2006 at 10:31 pm:

little info on Gill. This is the guy accusing you of breaking the law:

8. Anonymous said on 30 May 2006 at 10:33 pm:

Michelle Malkin knows Gill:

9. Anonymous said on 30 May 2006 at 10:35 pm:

Jaded JD has all you need to bury them:

10. AWCheney said on 30 May 2006 at 11:09 pm:

WOW people, great stuff. Take a look at this one I posted over at NLS, same thread:

NJH, would that be this company?:

JUNN06_05 MAR-JAC Poultry Inc. - P.O.Box 1017 - Gainesville - GA - 30503 Poultry Company - Gainesville GA 5/6/2005 1500 1500 (from Chapman’s SBE financial disclosure report)

I understand that this company had been under investigation by Homeland Security for several years at the time that this contribution was made.

Posted by: AWCheney | May 30, 2006 at 07:28 PM

Put it all together, it explains a lot.

11. Charles said on 31 May 2006 at 2:10 am:

So because Faisal was briefly suspended from his DHS job, Chapman’s threat of a suit has no merit?

I’d take this a lot more seriously if I were you. I know some of you think poorly of Steve, but I’m having trouble imagining he’s doing this with no evidence to support his side of the argument.

He COULD be doing so, but generally lawyers tell clients not to bluff.

If this goes to a jury trial, I think BVBL did his first “evidence for guilt” thing, trying to erase all the evidence after being warned of a lawsuit. Whatever his reason was do to so, the good lawyer will present the facts:

BVBL was warned that posts on his blog were defamatory, and that he was facing legal action. Shortly after, BVBL destroys the evidence and disappears — not the actions of a man who is innocent.

I’m not passing judgment, I’m giving an objective opinion of what this looks like.

12. AWCheney said on 31 May 2006 at 3:43 am:

Nothing has disappeared Charles…it still exists in the electronic ether. Just google “Steve Chapman” (with the parenthesis) and then, search within results for ‘blogs’. Check out the cashe on each of the BVBL results. It’s all there. BVBL isn’t trying to hide anything…he’s simply retired until he’s needed again.

Views: 1988