COREY STEWART INTERVIEW AT CRAIG’S MUSINGS

By Greg L | 27 June 2006 | Prince William County | 7 Comments

Craig Vitter has two very interesting articles here and here reporting on his conversations with Occoquan Supervisor Corey Stewart who is going to run for Board of County Supervisors Chairman when Sean Connaughton is confirmed as the head of the Maritime Administration by the U.S. Senate. It’s a good look at some of the things important to Corey, and an interesting read.

It seems like Corey is pretty much on target with Prince William County voters, and will be a compelling choice for the Chairmanship. I hope Craig gets an opportunity to talk to other possible candidates for chairman, as I’ll be interested in what his take will be.

1. AWCheney said on 27 Jun 2006 at 11:04 pm:

“Corey has nothing but nice things to say about Mr. Friedman and stated that they share very similar positions on the subject of growth and development within the county.”

Didn’t you find this quote from Stewart in the article quite telling, Greg? Particularly in light of the vehement denials of collusion between specific Republicans (including Corey) and Democrats in that notorious press conference.

2. James Young said on 27 Jun 2006 at 11:49 pm:

Great post, Greg. I wonder if the first comment is more about interest in a sanitary GOP, or out of bitterness over Stewart’s support of Chapman for Delegate in 2005, and his geniune commitment to holding the line on taxes? It’s a rather bold assertion to criticize him for “collusion” and a “notorious” press conference when the author is someone who managed the primary campaign of someone who colluded with a Democrat Governor in a notoriously unnecessary tax increase.

3. Greg L said on 27 Jun 2006 at 11:57 pm:

James: I haven’t done anything of the sort that you’re stating, and I think you owe me an apology.

4. Craig said on 28 Jun 2006 at 8:05 am:

You know, it is funny that my posts get more comments over here than on my site… Greg, you are way more popular than I am!

I hope that I get an opportunity to talk to some of the candidates too on the record. I have actually had conversations Gary Friedman but not in a setting in which I feel that I can put them online. Corey was very forthcoming and told me anything he said was for public consumption. I only covered a few of the highlights.

5. Greg L said on 28 Jun 2006 at 9:00 am:

Maybe I am just more notorious, Craig.

I’m thrilled to see another PWC blogger out there who will help voters know the local issues and who the candidates are. I’m looking forward to seeing more!

6. James Young said on 28 Jun 2006 at 11:30 pm:

Better advertising, Craig. Getting sued has doubtless had a very positive impact on Greg’s hits, even though he is much more respectable than the company he used to keep.

And Greg, if you’ll read my comment carefully, you’ll noe that I specifically reference “the first comment,” not your post in chief. I think we’re probably pretty close in our opinion of Corey and this race.

7. Greg L said on 29 Jun 2006 at 12:00 am:

Thanks for clearing that up.