Driving liberals, dhimmis and illegal alien apologists absolutely insane since 2005...

El Salvador Opens ID Card Mill For Illegals

By Greg L | 21 September 2006 | Crime, Prince William County | 7 Comments

The Manassas Journal-Messenger reports today that El Salvador opened a facility at 14572 Potomac Mills Road in Woodbridge that will provide indentification documents to citizens of El Salvador who are in the United States. This documentation that would allow them to open a bank account, rent a car, or document their age. The Consul General of El Salvador reassures us that the identification card has been accepted into the “International ID Checking Guide”, which supposedly will ensure the validitiy of the documents and the veracity of the information they contain.

So what is the “International ID Checking Guide”? It’s a book that is supposedly available only to financial institutions which helps them spot identification documents that have been forged or altered. If you order this book from Amazon.com it’ll help you spot a fake. It’s published by a company in California with no relationship with any governmental agency at all. And of course this guide won’t tell you if the documents were properly issued in the first place.

In El Salvador, the “DUI” is used as a voter registration card, and has been the subject of considerable fraud and abuse with significant reports of falsified cards in the March 2006 elections. It is possible to obtain one of these if you are accompanied by an attorney and have two witnesses who will testify to your identity.

All Salvadorans intending to participate in the 2004 presidential elections are legally required to have a DUI. The process for obtaining the document is simple and fast. Functionaries of the RNPN have cited the process as lasting a maximum of 30 minutes. Once a citizen arrives at the DUI Center they need to present their old personal identification card, electoral carnet, and passport if they have them. The first two documents are then canceled. Citizens have to present a birth certificate if unable to produce their ID, carnet or passport. Some, however, have had appear before the officials accompanied by a lawyer and two witnesses, due to the fact that some mayoral offices and their birth registries were destroyed during the war.

Example Documento Unico de Identidad (”DUI”) card
So that only leaves the question of why a legal resident from El Salvador would need one of these in the first place. If they are a legal resident, they are required to have a passport, and don’t need any sort of documentation from El Salvador in order to open a bank account or rent a car. The only folks who actually have any use for one of these potentially suspect identification documents are those who lack the legal authority to be in the United States in the first place.

It’s time we demanded that foreign consulates stop attempting to subvert our laws. The presence of this facility is an outrage, and this brazen behavior by the government of El Salvador should be immediately addressed by the Department of State.

Thanks to the Manassas Journal-Messenger for doing such a shoddy job with this story.

The opinions expressed here are solely the views of the author, and not representative of the position of any organization, political party, doughnut shop, knitting guild, or waste recycling facility, but may be correctly attributed to the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy. If anything in the above article has offended you, please click here to receive an immediate apology.

BVBL is not a charity and your support is not tax-deductible.

You can follow the discussion through the Comments feed.


  1. Maureen Wood said on 21 Sep 2006 at 3:14 pm:
    Flag comment


    The Mexican government has consulates all over. They have one somewhere in Eastern Prince William. They issue Mexican I.D. cards and you are right, they only need one if they are here illegally.

    Any company that knowingly uses this as a form of I.D. should be ashamed of themselves.

    I have had these I.D.’s used to pick up their kids at school, and then they drive away in a car. If they are driving, they should be showing a Virginia drivers license, not a Mexican I.D. So I know they are breaking at least two laws when they do this.

    America has ignored the immigration problem for so long now, that the illegals feel they are entitled to the same right as Americans. Wrong!!!!

  2. Anonymous said on 21 Sep 2006 at 11:16 pm:
    Flag comment

    I find rich irony that the form of ID is called DUI. When I saw the photo of the place, before I read the article and realized that it was the acronymn for the ID, I thought is was some lawyer who specialized in DUI.

  3. Joe Budzinski said on 22 Sep 2006 at 12:45 pm:
    Flag comment

    Shouldn’t our state government have some sort of say in this???

  4. Greg L said on 22 Sep 2006 at 1:19 pm:
    Flag comment

    The relations between the United States and foreign countries is reserved to the federal government under the Consitution. Consulates and embassies, their staff, and what actions are consistent with their diplomatic missions are regulated by the U.S. Department of State. Even though a consulate may be located in a local jurisdiction outside of Washington, D.C., the locality has no power of law enforcement in regards to the actions by staff associated with the consulate, as long as those actions are consistent with their diplomatic mission and do not immediately endanger citizens.

    This actually makes a lot of sense, and has long been a tenet of international law. But just because the locality can’t do anything about this, it doesn’t at all mean that there’s no one to register a complaint with. First, your U.S. Congressman or Senator will be very interested to hear about your concerns regarding the actions of foreign missions in the United States. The State Department’s Office Of Foreign Missions (at http://www.state.gov/ofm/ ) will also accept these complaints, although I believe your elected officials may be more responsive. In cases of clearly dangeours behavior, spying or something like that the FBI should be your first point of contact, and they coordinate with OFM as necessary.

    This is a federal issue, by design. Although it may be sort of a pain, it does protect the ability of our diplomats to operate overseas.

  5. Joe Budzinski said on 22 Sep 2006 at 3:02 pm:
    Flag comment

    Thanks Greg, good explanation. I’ll help get the word out.

  6. anonymous said on 26 Sep 2006 at 12:15 pm:
    Flag comment

    Even if they are illegally in the USA they could still get an El Salvadorian passport and use it for ID here, there, and everywhere else.

    I would expect, though, that a passport would be a bit harder to get than a DUI (haha, nice name) simply because El Salvador won’t take the risk of invalidating their passports by handing them out with little to no verification like they would the DUI.

    Let me know when someone gets an El Salvadorian DUI card for their dog. I imagine it won’t be hard.

    The bottom line is that the DUI, and all of the other ID cards that these third-world bannna republics hand out, aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on.

  7. ***DEMAND*** PWC Schools ONLY Accept U.S.-Issued I.D. « Virginia Virtucon said on 29 Nov 2007 at 10:56 am:
    Flag comment

    […] seen these same weaknesses with the identity documents provided by other foreign nations, such as El Salvador, as well. To allow foreign identification documents as identification is utter […]

Comments are closed.

Views: 9447