Mexicanos Sin Fronteras On The March

By Greg L | 25 October 2006 | Zapatistas, Jeanette Rishell, 50th HOD District | 6 Comments

I ran across this sign while canvassing in my precinct this weekend. I’m used to seeing various yard signs, but evidence of Mexicanos Sin Fronteras (Mexicans Without Borders) organizing in my neighborhood came as quite a shock.

We’ve seen Mexicanos Sin Fronteras demand amnesty for illegal aliens, coordinate with the Zapatista Army of National Liberation (EZLN), and threaten the Manassas City Council. If there’s any doubt that the issue of illegal immigration isn’t critical in Manassas and Prince William County, the prospect of Reconquista activists organizing in our communities with a goal of subverting the law should leave no doubt about how critical this fight is.

When Mexicanos Sin Fronteras feels like they’re on their own turf, this is what it looks like. Are you ready for this, Virginia?

Don’t forget who has supported these folks in the past. Jeanette Rishell, who is seeking election to the Virginia House of Delegates has organized fundraising for Mexicanos Sin Fronteras and spoken before the Manassas City Council in support of their agenda. If she is elected, we might discover a whole new meaning to the concept of multiculturalism.

If this disturbs you, go here.

1. AFF said on 25 Oct 2006 at 8:15 pm:

Bienvenido mis hermanos de americanos

[Ed note: translation: “Welcome my brothers of americans”, courtesy of http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr ]

2. Citizenofmanassas said on 26 Oct 2006 at 4:53 pm:

Here is what Manassas has to look forward to unless the powers that be crack down on illegal immigration.

Gwinnettians who want out speak up
    By RICK BADIE | Thursday, October 26, 2006, 06:00 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The chocolate-covered doughnut and the steaming cup of joe didn’t jolt my senses. Neither did the dozen or so day laborers sitting in booths or milling around outside the Dunkin’ Donuts in the 5000 block of Jimmy Carter Boulevard.

What got me were the AJC Gwinnett News readers I met, the sad, sad stories they told, and the emotions they exuded while talking about the demise of the county, their neighborhoods, their homes.

Everybody who dropped in on the second stop of the Badie Tour wanted to talk about decaying neighborhoods. Theirs. They came to vent — about single-family homes that serve as boarding houses; garages that have been turned into bedrooms; cars parked on front lawns; Christmas lights in April, and loud ranchero music at bedtime.

“It’s a mess,” said Emaline Nowell , a retired Bell South employee who lives off Rockbridge Road.

“I want out,” said Dorothea Bradley , a former homemaker, who lives “behind Hooters” in the Spring Hill subdivision.

Bradley and others are at wit’s end as their property values plummet and house investments turn to Confederate dollars. And it’s not just those who live in and around Jimmy Carter Boulevard. You should see the e-mails I get from readers in Duluth, Lawrenceville and beyond. It’s the same angst-ridden song.

They are ticked off with what they say are mostly immigrant neighbors who could care less about maintenance, who disrespect property. They are enraged with a government that’s let, or is letting, sections of the county go to pot. Like Southwest Gwinnett.

The Brookville subdivision off Williams Road was stable when Sylvenia Doby moved there from Washington, D.C., 12 years ago. Since then, she’s spent $30,000 for a sun room, laid sod and dug a fish pond.

She serves as the vice president of her homeowners’ association. For that, she believes someone threw a rock through her car window.

“This was my retirement home,” Doby said.

“What can we do?”

Chuck Warbington met me at the Dunkin’ Donuts to talk about Gwinnett Village, a community investment district that takes in Jimmy Carter Boulevard and other major roads.

He’s the district’s executive director, and he had positive news. The district, created earlier this year and supported by 425 property owners (including 125 off Jimmy Carter Boulevard), expects to generate $1.5 million in 2006.

Another $600,000 in grants has been secured to study what the district needs. Those results will be made public in January. Ideas for combating crime will be publicized next month. And of 229 code violations that have been reported this year, 155 have been corrected.

As Warbington spoke, he pointed to road crews on JCB. They were replacing traffic lights, which will be timed to work in sync to improve traffic flow.

The Gwinnett Village board, Warbington acknowledged, has been concerned with commercial property, not residential plight. He tried to cheer up the despondent residents, who unloaded their woeful tales on him, too.

“Just hold on,” he said. “Don’t give up, yet.”

In some cases, though, it’s too late.

Bradley, the widow who lives behind Hooters, asked me to recommend a reputable handyman. She’s ready to sell.

3. anonymous said on 27 Oct 2006 at 12:07 am:

Look at Irongate and Georgetown South. I’ve seen Irongate swirl down the toilet over the last 10 years.

4. anonymous said on 27 Oct 2006 at 12:09 am:

And…if you think that blight will remain confined to those neighborhoods, you’re living in dreamtime, as the song goes.

5. Citizenofmanassas said on 27 Oct 2006 at 12:41 am:

Yup, has anyone driven through Wellington lately? Or, Battery Heights(County, but still in the area). I think the only section of the City that has not yet been impacted by illegal immigration and overcrowding is the Old Town area, and who knows when some of the larger homes will be divided into apartments….

6. 752 said on 6 Aug 2007 at 1:20 am:

I lived in Herndon area(sterling,not sterling park )in1971. and Reston some years later. I’ve always enjoyed having friends of diverse races and backgrounds.Iwas in Herndon today for the first time in along time. I saw a few white people(I assume they’re legal Americans) .but,I saw hordes of Hispanics walking, driving,etc..all around Herndon.Unbelievable; I like Hispanics,but with over 12 million illegal Hispanics in this country,I couldn’t help but draw the conclusion ,that most are illegal. It’s a slap in the face to all working class Americans. And disrespectful to all our servicemen and women who have served this country , and given their lives to keep America free from foreign invasion,oppresion,and to keep America free. Who are these people who have invaded our country? And couldn’t care less about,WE THE PEOPLE. I dont know why our national soverignty is slighted so freely. And their are those who want to reward these Criminal illegal aliens? IT’s time for Americans , and times up for the illegals.