Here Come The Minutemen

By Greg L | 30 January 2007 | Illegal Aliens, Manassas City, Prince William County | 8 Comments

Based on the response I’ve seen on “Are The Minutemen Coming To Town?” I think it’s a good time to start having some meetings to see what sort of organization we want to set up for Prince William County and Manassas that will help fight to enact strong legislation to combat illegal immigration, and possibly engage in some lawful. George Taplin, state director for the Virginia Minutemen has agreed to come on February 10th and representatives from Help Save Loudoun and Help Save Herndon have been invited.

I envision this first meeting is more of an exploratory meeting for those who are interested in actively participating in whatever organization might be formed. Within a few weeks we might be able to move forward with a more general meeting, and have an opportunity to enjoy the spectacle that often develops when apologists for illegal aliens decide they can’t tolerate the existence of any organizations that believe differently than they do. But this first meeting is designed for those who appreciate how desperate the current situation is and are interested in making a commitment to change it.

If you’re interested, please email me so I can get an idea of how big a space we’ll need, and I’ll shoot you the details when they get firmed up.

1. observer said on 30 Jan 2007 at 2:16 pm:

RATS!

What luck — gonna be out of town.

PLEASE be sure to provide your usual excellent coverage.

2. Had to Say said on 30 Jan 2007 at 9:30 pm:

I just read an article about Hazelton PA. Even though they are being sued by the ACLU because of the ordinances they enacted and they are not allowed to enforce the ordinances, the illegal aliens are moving out of Hazelton.

What a concept! When there are consequences or the idea that there are, they will move some where else. This doesn’t solve the overall problem of illegal immigration, but it does help the community that is being hurt by it.

This is the first step in SELF deportation! If we make it uncomfortable for them, hold them accountable, they will move back to where they came from on their own.

3. Had to Say said on 30 Jan 2007 at 9:31 pm:

BTW- I’m marking my calander.

4. park'd said on 30 Jan 2007 at 9:45 pm:

As am I. I want to hear what we can do as a community to clean up this town. The worthless town leaders should also be there so that they can wallow in their failure. How do i email you for specifics Greg?

5. long time resident said on 31 Jan 2007 at 11:39 am:

While I can’t make it; I would if I could. The Minutemen may or may not be the answer for Manassas. Only by educating ourselves and evaluating the options can we decide.

That said, it’s a pretty safe bet that there will be no help from anyone at the Federal or State level (although Jackson is trying!). Hence we’re on our own. As Park’d said, we as a community all need to band together and “clean up town”. Can we start by amending the sign ordinance to state that they must be in english? Se habla english only! Thanks for setting this up!

6. observer said on 31 Jan 2007 at 5:40 pm:

I will definitely be at the next one.

This is great work and hats off to Greg for his efforts. It’s high time we joined with our neighbors Loudoun and Herndon to effect a united front.

I’d hate to see us building a Day Laborer Center anywhere in the area.

We need to stay vigilant!!

7. mike a said on 4 Feb 2007 at 11:51 pm:

Regarding a day-labor-center in Manassas… The good thing about the folks in Herndon having the day labor center is they knew where to watch, where to make a show of force, and the newshounds knew where to go to get a show. Also the center being paid for by taxpayers gave them leverage with their government, as well as the incentive to act with their votes. Without the day labor center Herndon may not have achieved the successes they have towards the illegals.

George Taplin has stepped up to the plate for us all. He has done what some said was impossible in Herndon, and now is willing to assist in other communities throughout Virginia. George does not get paid for this; in fact he has dedicated his own resources to keep the effort moving. George has a great deal of knowledge on the subject of illegal immigration law and what each of us can do to protect our community from going down the tubes. Please make every attempt to attend all events and make a difference.

I don’t know about yours but my Manassas City home has lost more than 25% of its value in the last 12 months; my sfh street has turned 80% Latino, mostly multi-family homes, in the same time. Our school system has gone to hell. Our political officials are being sued on personal levels as a result of trying to protect our community! It is time for us to save what we may salvage.

GOD HELP US SAVE MANASSAS!

8. Mike A said on 5 Feb 2007 at 1:30 am:

Please read some of the stories on the Minutemen website about what is happening to our country.

Attend meetings with your neighbors here in Manassas.
    Listen to George Taplin speak on this subject.
    You be the judge.