Breaking: Ruttenberg Wins One In Court

By Greg L | 28 February 2007 | Rack & Roll Scandal | 6 Comments

I just got a call that Dave Ruttenberg just won his appeal regarding the denial of his Conditional Use Permit by the City of Manassas Park.  This definitely puts legs under case in the 4th Circut and is a major setback for Manassas Park’s efforts to bury him.

More to follow…

1. Loyal Patron said on 28 Feb 2007 at 2:30 pm:

I am so happy for him. About dam* time. Go Dave !!!

2. Loudoun Insider said on 28 Feb 2007 at 3:51 pm:

Good news!

3. Maureen Wood said on 28 Feb 2007 at 6:04 pm:

I’m also glad to hear it! Hopefully the MJM will write something about this.

4. TheOldTown Observer said on 28 Feb 2007 at 6:53 pm:

Greg,
    What would be useful is if R’berg would finally get a forum in Fed. Court. Then the air might get cleared. If the MP officials did something wrong, screw ‘em, give R’berg his money(sorry “parked” your taxes will be going up). If R’berg is jerkin’ everyone around,I hope the MP officials can counter sue, even though it sounds like R’berg may be “judgement proof” (no money). But if this is some “jerk around” then the Fed. Court might be able to sanction R’berg’s lawyer for bringing a “frivolous” law suit and charge the lawyer and R’berg for the attorney fees.

At least we could put this case to bed either way. You have been doing a great job keeping the R’berg issue before the public but, in my opinion, we really need to concentrate on the issue all of these illegal aliens over running our community. R’berg has become one huge distraction(for you and everyone else), very similar to when the “pro-gun” guys showed up at the last Manassas City Counsil Meeting and Andy Harrover’s crucial proposal got short-shrifted. I am in no way minimizing the impact of the possibility that R’berg has been screwed by MP officials. I just wish he could get his day-in-court one way or another.

5. Greg L said on 28 Feb 2007 at 11:27 pm:

Although I agree that illegal immigration is a huge issue, and I’m spending a lot of time on it, the issue of what’s happening in Manassas Park is tremendously important. If this can happen to one business owner, it can happen to them all. It takes a quality government to tackle the various challenges that face Manassas park, from financial health, to zoning problems, to illegal immigration, and economic development. Without a quality government, this locality will not succeed in addressing these issues. Right now, I don’t believe that quality government exists.

6. TheOldTownObserver said on 1 Mar 2007 at 5:15 pm:

Greg,
    I am in total agreement with you about needing quality government. I just feel that if R’berg can get his day in Fed. Ct. and he wins, then I trust the voters will throw the MP Rascals Out. The voters in Virginia are completely different from some of the towns I have lived in in the North East. In one city where I lived for several years, I had a house I bought for $25K. The taxes on the house were $3,600.00. When I sold that place and moved to Virginia I bought a house for $75K. The taxes in Fairfax County were $800.00. You can do the math.

If you had an uncle who was connected politically, up north, you could get a “No Show” gov. job, where you cashed your paycheck at a certain bar and received 50% of the face value of the check, the rest went straight to the Mayor’s office, who knew how to spread the graft around. So, in politics, you weren’t elected IN SPITE of being a crook, you were elected BECAUSE you were a crook, who would spread taxpayer’s money around to your cronies. Kind of like, in my opinion, former Mayor Marion Barry. No matter how many times he gets tagged, he still gets re-elected for something. It’s because, in my opinion, he knows how to spread the graft around.

The Virginia voters simply do not put up with this kind of crap. Best of luck to R’berg. But he still has to prove his case in Fed. Ct. to get damages from MP. But if he does, the MP voters are going to kick butt.(Especially “park’d” who is none to happy with the illegal alien situation already).