Lingamfelter Ready For A Fight

By Greg L | 27 March 2007 | 31st HOD District, Virginia House | 14 Comments

Delegate Scott Lingamfelter has a tremendous fundraiser this evening, with about 115 people in attendance to welcome George Allen back to Prince William County. The event was emceed by Delegate Jackson Miller, and the speakers were Senator Jay O’Brien, George Allen, and House Speaker Bill Howell. If you are a “Reagan Conservative”, this was an event that you should have attended. I understand that Lingamfelter added about $20,000 to his campaign account tonight — not a bad evening’s work, even if it is your sixth fiftieth birthday.

It was great to see George Allen back in front of a crowd, speaking so passionately about conservative values, preserving our communities, our liberties and our prosperity. As always, George Allen is an upbeat, inspiring and positive speaker and that hasn’t changed at all since his Senate race. Lingamfelter surprised Allen with a highway sign saying “Ronald Wilson Reagan Memorial Highway” which clearly moved him. After seeing that, I think about half the crowd wanted to find out how they could get one of these themselves.

I had a chance to talk with Speaker Howell and asked him where he thought the focus will be on House of Delegates races this year. He believes that the 34th (the seat being vacated by Vince Callahan) and 51st Districts will receive special attention from the House Caucus this year. I was also surprised to learn that the 46th District, now held by Brian Moran, may get some attention. This doesn’t at all look like a Republican leadership on the defensive.

The tone of the evening could be summed up in Delegate Lingamfelter’s closing line: “if you want a fight, you’ve come to the right place.” Lingamfelter is ready and eager for this campaign, and is predicting that Republicans will pick up seats in both the House and the Senate this year. There’s definitely a commitment to make that happen.

1. 10thdistrictrepublican said on 27 Mar 2007 at 11:19 pm:

Yes indeed, my man George Allen is back.

2. Jonathan Mark said on 27 Mar 2007 at 11:52 pm:

Did you see Faisal Gill there?

3. Greg L said on 28 Mar 2007 at 12:00 am:

This was Scott Lingamfelter’s night, and whether or not Faisal Gill attended is pretty much irrelevant to the evening and to this post. We’ll have a chance to discuss Faisal on another thread soon. I promise.

4. Dude said on 28 Mar 2007 at 2:47 am:

Greg! What a total wuss-boy cop out! How can you consider yourself a serious blogger when you won’t report a simple fact? Was Gill there or not? You regularly speculate, print rumor as fact, and sling mud at our party’s own at the drop of a hat. Now you act like some demure prom king and beg off the simple fact question of whether or not Gill was there. How can you blast away with rumor and innuendo and chicken out on reporting something as basic as ths? Are you a total hypocrite when it comes to Faisal Gill? Or perhaps it just eats you up that the party powerbrokers, like Scott Lingamfelter, are supporting him. How dare you let Scott Lingamfelter off the hook after the crap you say about so many other people! What a disgrace. Be a man, you wuss, and tell us if Gill was there?

5. John Light said on 28 Mar 2007 at 7:49 am:

“Dude”, were YOU there???? You call Greg a wuss yet YOU hide behind anonymity. This article is about Scott. You talk about Faisal’s endorsements yet last time I checked Ms. Lucas ALSO has a list of POWERFUL endorsements by a good number of those in Richmond. So, “Dude”, back off on the name calling and let Greg run HIS blog of which he does so well.

Personally, I think it shows what a REAL man Greg is by the fact that he published your temper-tantrum.

6. freedom said on 28 Mar 2007 at 7:56 am:

Amen, John L.!!!!

7. Chris said on 28 Mar 2007 at 8:23 am:

This is interesting.

What do you PWCers think, is Lingamfelter going statewide in ‘09?

8. asmith said on 28 Mar 2007 at 9:39 am:

Where exactly are you going to pick up seats Lingamfelter? If you buy the argument that the transportation plan helped JMDD, O’Brien, and Cooch, then Bulova, Marsden, Caputo, Poisson, and Paula Miller down in Norfolk will benefit. I think the line about the 46th was a head fake.

9. Riley, Not O'Reilly said on 28 Mar 2007 at 1:39 pm:

Unless a Democrat voted for the transportation plan the first go-round, the plan won’t help them at all.

10. Chris said on 28 Mar 2007 at 2:24 pm:

asmith, your right about that here in NOVA–things should largely stand pat as they are right now, especially in Fairfax. JMDD, Cooch, and Jay should be in better position now; and nobody is challenging those delegates perhaps waiting for a gov race where coattails could bring them down in the right climate.

One of the reasons Shannon, Sickles, Bulova, Marsden, and Caputo voted for it were for the exact same political reasons as the Three. The only one of those five that is in trouble is Caputo, because the district is Republican leaning. And Caputo is the only one with a challenger, and a good one, in Marc Cadin.

11. CONVA said on 28 Mar 2007 at 4:22 pm:

I have been a supporter of Scott’s since the first day he entered politics. From lit drops to getting signatures for his petitions to stuffing envelopes. I respect his votes Richmond but his support for Faisal Gill has lessened my enthusiasm of him. Time heals all ills, but this may take more time than I have left.

12. Dude said on 28 Mar 2007 at 11:35 pm:

John Light and Freedom - okay, maybe I shouldn’t have called Greg a wuss (I actually like him after all), but given all the mud he slings and the attention he’s given Faisal Gill, it seems like he suddenly lost his nerve on reporting the facts. No, I wasn’t there, that’s why I wanted to know the answer. I didn’t necessarily expect Greg to put it in his post, but when he was asked a question in the comments, he could simply have said yes or no. Come to think of it, I was right the first time. He is being a wuss. He either doesn’t want to get Scott Lingamfelter mad or doesn’t want to let Faisal get credit for being at Scott’s event. Either way, Greg is not being a REAL man. He’s put himself out as a blogger that some of us conservatives look to for information and now he’s copping out. Of course he can run HIS blog the way he wants, John L., but that doesn’t mean he’s not open to criticism on how he does it. Also, don’t give me any stuff about anonymity with someone named “Freedom” saying “Amen” or tell me the article is about Scott when most of it is about George Allen and Greg’s talk with Howell. Ah, the Gill race has brought out the best of our hypocrites.

13. Greg L said on 29 Mar 2007 at 12:00 am:

One of the things I try to do with comments is help ensure discussion stays relevant to the post. I’ve seen too many threads get hijacked here and elsewhere, and I’m not going to contribute to changing a discussion from what this is really about: Scott Lingamfelter’s tremendous fundraiser with folks like George Allen and Speaker Howell.

Take solace in that I have not yet started to delete comments as is my usual practice in this regard, but I’m assuming that you just haven’t been around long enough to get a feel for what I do here. I’m trying to be accommodating.

Scott is a compelling candidate, a terrific legislator, and someone who should someday be elevated to higher office when the time is right. With all of the power players who were in attendance the other night, one might be wondering what his future holds. It’s far more compelling to evaluate whether this is a future Lieutenant Governor than whether a candidate in the midst of an implosion happened to attend or not. I’d like to see what readers think about Scott’s chances might be for a future statewide run and what George Allen’s political future might hold.

Perhaps some readers have some opinions on this?

14. John Light said on 3 Apr 2007 at 8:30 am:

Dude: “Also, don’t give me any stuff about anonymity with someone named ‘Freedom’ saying ‘Amen’”.

Yes, I WILL give you stuff about anonymity every chance I get until you put your real name, i.e. Mike “Dude” Livesinparentsbaement or something like that. I have done it, why can’t you???

While I don’t know “Freedom”, I will support his/her right to Amen me every chance they get :-)

Greg L, if you want to know about George Allen, this is ALL he has to do. Run again. That’s it. Oh yeah, hire someone who has a clue so that when the media attacks him over something he said he can stay on track and win - heck, look at President Bush - from what I have heard, his command of the English language is the butt of jokes in some circles - lol - and last time I checked, he won TWICE!!!!

Can Scott L. win state-wide - snowballs chance. Why? Well, besides his questionable associations, he is from NOVA. What does Scott, or ANY NOVA politician have to do to win state-wide? Make a difference state-wide, NOT come across as an elitist, and work TWICE as hard around the state to show that they really DO care about Virginians…REAL Virginians.

The median income in the state of Virginia is around $50k…just TRY living on that here - yet in places all over, be it Farmville, Hampton Roads, or even Scott county, THAT is a lot of money, or, as the locals might say, “That’s good money.” We need to be sincere to our fellow NATIVE Virginians (of which I am a member) AND be willing to reach out to them. Just my 2 cents which is worth less then the space this is written on.

Views: 2038