Huge Fire Coolness

By Greg L | 30 March 2007 | Manassas City | 6 Comments

I don’t think anyone has ever made a volunteer fire department look any cooler than this. Can someone in the city government PLEASE put this guy in charge of promoting the city of Manassas?

1. Scott White said on 30 Mar 2007 at 4:20 pm:

I think you are right… that is good. Real good. I produce videos for my police department… I think the “gauntlet” has been thrown down!!! I’m going to have to put something together.

Thanks for putting this up…

2. Mike Austin said on 31 Mar 2007 at 8:55 pm:

What impresses me about these guys and gals who serve on the MCVFD is that they give it their ALL every day and night of the year, 24/7/365, and never ask for a thing! They give up their holidays, weekends, family times and personal times. They mostly work full-time jobs and go to school as well.
    They train to be firemen, and medics, on their own time. They purchase some very expensive gear out of their own pockets.
    These volunteers do this with absolutely no pay, no benefits, not even discounts for their meals while away from home serving our community.
    If you visit the MCVFD you may occasionally get the feeling you have walked into the midst of a frat house, I guess that is what it is in a way. They have a good time.
    These people literally put their lives on the line for all Manassas area residents and visitors regardless who it is or how they got in the predicament that caused them to need the assistance of the MCVFD.
    Visit their website and see what they really do: http://www.manassasfire.com/

Can you tell I am proud of these people?

Thanks MCVFD Volunteers for all you do.

Next time you see a volunteer fireman, or rescue person, please thank them for what they do for us.

Oh, and they make great videos!

3. Paul Austin said on 1 Apr 2007 at 8:47 pm:

As a member of the MVFC I would like to thank firefighter Mike Lesnick for making such great videos for us. If anyone would like to view his personal work, he has three sights… www.mikelesnick.comwww.mikesnightlife.comwww.hookersandhose.com …the last of these sights is for his unique method of recording these videos. And finally, here is his newest video, which is even better than the one shown on this page.

4. Paul Austin said on 1 Apr 2007 at 8:48 pm:

Sorry, the video didn’t show up…here is the link.

5. Greg L said on 1 Apr 2007 at 10:18 pm:

Actually, I like the original one posted better. Although some of the footage in this new one is better, the music and match of the footage with that music is a lot better in the one I originally noticed. Maybe rap isn’t as accessible for me, but that soundtrack just didn’t create any impact for me.

What just grabs you in the first one is that the music is very dynamic and the editing matches with that soundtrack perfectly. The choice and editing in that one are strongly reminiscent of what I’d expect to see during a sequence in a motion picture.

6. Wanda said on 16 Apr 2007 at 6:46 pm:

Thanks firefighters for all you do!