Lundberg Resigns

By Greg L | 31 March 2007 | Fairfax County | 11 Comments

Too Conservative is reporting that FCRC Chairman Eric Lundberg has resigned.  I’ve spoken with Eric several times and found him to be a talented and dedicated, but extremely busy man who was truly an asset to Fairfax Republicans.  His departure from the Chairman’s position in the FCRC is going to leave a big hole to fill, but fortunately the FCRC isn’t short at all on leadership talent.

I wonder if Nick Meads is going to step up.  He’d be a good pick.

1. Dirk said on 1 Apr 2007 at 12:47 am:

Seems a little too close to April Fool’s day, idk.

2. freedom said on 1 Apr 2007 at 5:43 am:

Agree, Greg…Nick would be good in any role anywhere…

3. Anonymous said on 1 Apr 2007 at 9:16 am:

Don’t they have a full time executive director who is a Davis guy too?

4. 10thdistrictrepublican said on 1 Apr 2007 at 10:09 am:

I agree with the comment on FCRC leadership. This is a good organization and it is really too bad the state party and state candidates have not leaned on them more in the past. These folks really do know NOVA and it would be good if the state party and state wide candidates listened too them more. I do think the state party is coming around and I hope future statewide candidates make NOVA a priority.

5. Isophorone said on 1 Apr 2007 at 7:46 pm:

Eric is a really nice, very smart guy, but unfortunately, the Fairfax GOP has been in a bit of a decline recently. Attendance at meetings has fallen off in the past few years. I hope whoever takes over can revitalize the place.

6. John Light said on 2 Apr 2007 at 10:32 am:

Attendance has fallen off??? I have been going to meetings for the past 2 years or so and it is RARE that I see fewer than a couple hundred people. Seems that the entire section of the cafeteria and then some gets filled.

7. Darius said on 2 Apr 2007 at 5:53 pm:

I agree, I joined the Committee back in January as a Voting member in the Dranesville caucus and it is always full in the rooms :o

I truly hope there is not going to be a leadership fight over who will lead for the end of the Chairman’s term. We need unity now more than ever with the Elections coming up

8. Freddie said on 3 Apr 2007 at 12:19 pm:

John Light: It used to be 300-500 people a meeting.

9. John Light said on 3 Apr 2007 at 12:36 pm:

Freddie: I would be suprised if we are not at least near that 300 mark. NOT saying I don’t believe you, but my argument (in the positive sense of the word) still stands. Turnout is very high ESPECIALLY concerning the demographics of FF County, not to mention, to consistently get as many people as we do to our meetings, DURING a workweek, AND having it last until 10:30pm or later is no small accomplishment.

I do not envy the person stepping into Eric’s shoes, but do offer a word of advice. Please follow, and stick to, Robert’s Rules so that the meetings don’t get too out of hand AND, speaking as a single Dad who has 3 boys living with me during the school year, keep the meetings short as often as possible :-)

10. The Skeptic said on 3 Apr 2007 at 9:28 pm:

Nick Meads is an excellent choice but the Chairman job can be quite thankless. If Nick is interested in a career in politics only then would it be worthwhile to him.

11. John Light said on 4 Apr 2007 at 1:26 pm:

Nick IS a good choice, but me thinks he may be a bit too young (i.e. not enough experience in local politics). I am NOT saying that that disqualifies him - too many times us old-timers discount the thoughts of the youth and I feel he would do a good job. That being said, I have heard Mike Thompson’s name thrown around as a possible successor.