Another Faisal Gill “Oops Moment”

By Greg L | 30 May 2007 | 51st HOD District | 42 Comments

Mr. Attention To Detail (aka Faisal Gill) is apparently at it again.  I’ve gotten word that a six page letter has been showing up in delegate’s mailboxes today that doesn’t have the required disclosure regarding who paid for and authorized the mailing.  This would seem to be a violation of Virginia Code Section 24.2-956, and since it occurs within 14 days of the convention, the penalty is up to $2,500 rather than the usual $1,000.

You’d think an attorney wouldn’t be making all of these dumb mistakes.

1. Anonymous said on 30 May 2007 at 2:13 pm:

I got one of the mailings. It says there are personal attacks being made against him.

2. Greg L said on 30 May 2007 at 2:24 pm:

Is it just me, or is he starting to sound like Bill Clinton?

3. CONVA said on 30 May 2007 at 2:44 pm:

One more example of his lack of diligence.

4. John Light said on 30 May 2007 at 2:46 pm:

Well, some of his contributors DID send money to the Clinton campaign, didn’t they - lol

Whose running his campaign anyways??? Whoever is get his/her name out so that ALL respectable candidates for office stay away from them!!!

Once again, he is running things as though the laws of the land DO NOT apply to him!!! If he cannot even pay attention to detail on this, how could we EVER trust him on crafting a bill - lol.

5. local guy said on 30 May 2007 at 3:23 pm:

Greg, why did you remove “bvbl’s birthday” post?

6. local guy said on 30 May 2007 at 3:25 pm:

I’m sorry.. I see its there.

7. Loudoun Insider said on 30 May 2007 at 3:41 pm:

What will be James Young’s defense of this (talk about being Clintonesque)?

Will Paul Ebert hop right on this, or will it need to be referred to Ham Sandwich?

8. Anonymous said on 30 May 2007 at 3:43 pm:

way to go Boyd Marcus…do you think he will give back part of his retainer to cover the fine?

9. Anonymous said on 30 May 2007 at 5:04 pm:

I’m sure Boyd wrote the letter, but I doubt he put it together and had much to do with it other than messaging… let’s not forget where the buck stops on campaigns- the candidate!

10. Loudoun Insider said on 30 May 2007 at 8:55 pm:

I guess we won’t know how much input Tom Kopko may have had into these mailers until Gill’s next campaign finance report!

11. Anonymous said on 30 May 2007 at 8:59 pm:

And that will be after Saturday when Faisal wins

12. Ari Stotle said on 30 May 2007 at 10:46 pm:

Future Newspaper Headlines

Gill’s campaign manager Lorna Wickham, correction, Tom Kopko…

The Kopko family vacations in Hawaii, paid for by Faisal Gill

Judge suspends Gill’s drivers license for one year

VMPAC provides personal driver to Faisal Gill

Grover Norquist issues new drivers license to Gill

Abdurahman Alamoudi gets new cellmate named Faisal Gill

Pandak wins the Chairman’s race because Gill forgot to order Republican sample ballots

Stewart threatens to sue Pandak claiming she stole his Democrat votes

Gill and Kopko turn Prince William Blue

13. Unbiased Bystander said on 31 May 2007 at 2:06 am:

Since everyone wants to attack Faisal Gill all the time, I thought I’d go against the norm and turn the tables. From my understanding, Julie Lucas is having an “affair/relationship” with a gentleman by name of John Light. Coincidentally, there is a gentleman by the name of John Light who posts on this blog and continuously bashes Faisal Gill at every opportunity. Mr. Light is said to have been married (could be separated right now) while conducting this affair with Ms. Lucas. Everyone questioned Faisal Gill’s donors because a majority of them lived outside of the district. Could it be that they just wanted to support a fellow Muslim? What interest does John Light, a resident of Springfield, VA, have in this election being conducted in a different county than he currently resides in? Ms. Lucas’ reports show that Mr. Light has donated $100 of his hard-earned money to her campaign (I’ll stop short of calling him a cheapskate). One would think someone who’s romantically linked with one of the candidates would be more than willing to support her a little more financially. Instead, he shows his adoration for her by continuously belittling her opponent to no end. What happened to the so-called “family values” that Ms. Lucas brings to the table? So much for this wholesome image she tries to portray. Greg, since you seem to be so pro-Julie (or maybe it’s just anti-Faisal), before you decide to delete this post, I suggest you merely ask around. That should be more than enough proof. Thank you for your time.

14. NoVA Scout said on 31 May 2007 at 6:26 am:

A candidate can’t always protect him/herself from low, vicious acts by his supporters, but that last slimeball comment from “Unbiased Bystander” would, if I lived in that district and were trying to make up my mind between Lucas and Gill, send me scrambling furiously into the Lucas camp. I’d reason that if someone like that supports Mr. Gill, there may be a lot of other low-lifes in that camp that would drag him down, no matter how well-meaning his candidacy might be. Pheeww! Better open the windows and air the place out, Greg.

15. Batson D. Belfrey said on 31 May 2007 at 8:14 am:

Hmmm. We have one obvious Gill supporter who, without an proof to support their allegations, accuses one candidate of having an affair. On the otherhand, we have too many individuals to count, who range from Michelle Malkin, to John Mark, who have proof to support their claims, that Faisal Gill associates with those who wish to destroy the western world, destroy Israel, and further proof that Gill has reckless disregard for traffic laws.

Wow!

16. James Young said on 31 May 2007 at 9:38 am:

I think UB needs to get to bed a little earlier.

I will say this: to the best of my knowledge, the gentleman to whom he refers is currently divorced. If there is or ever was a romantic relationship (and I don’t know if there is or ever was, though one might assume so from the tone of many of his posts, as well as the casualness with which he seems to be willing to attack those who formerly considered him a friend) between him and Julie, UB seems to be making the same kind of assumptions that characterize JM’s posts about Faisal. I also know that he has three sons from his prior marriage, so I don’t even think it’s fair to diminish his donation in the way that UB has.

The truly sad thing is that this is the level at which many here wished to conduct this debate. It is hardly surprising that someone is attempting to turn the tables on Julie.

As for “NoVA Scout’s” subsequent comment, it has utterly no credibility, since he has been more than willing to stand idly by — if not cheer on — those who are “sliming” Faisal. After all, “if someone like that supports [Ms. Lucas], there may be a lot of other low-lifes in that camp that would drag [her] down, no matter how well-meaning [her] candidacy might be.”

17. Loudoun Insider said on 31 May 2007 at 9:47 am:

I beg to differ, James. I am obviously no fan of Faisal Gill, but I believe the personal life of candidates should be fair game. IF Julie Lucas was carrying on with a married man (lots of ifs here) it should be noteworthy in a family values party contest. It will be interesting to see if John Light responds to the charge.

No one has slimed Faisal Gill, they’ve simply pointed out a long long list of problems relevant to his candidacy. It’s all fair game in politics.

18. John Light said on 31 May 2007 at 10:01 am:

Comment to “Unbiased Bystander”: I will keep this simple, because YOU are simple: I am divorced and have been for years. You are not my type so don’t even go there.

19. James Young said on 31 May 2007 at 10:10 am:

Yeah, “Loudmouthed Inciter,” lots of “ifs.”

Since when has that made a difference here?

20. oldie said on 31 May 2007 at 10:10 am:

John Light had an affair with Julie Lucas when he was married. Did he leave his wife for Julie? I think John can answer this question. As far as family value issues is…….. I can only say… Shame on you Julie…

21. oldie said on 31 May 2007 at 10:11 am:

I meant”issue”.

22. oldie said on 31 May 2007 at 10:27 am:

John we know you are divorced. Did you or didn’t you had an affair with Julie Lucas when you were married?
    Didn’t you cheat on your wife with Julie Lucas? why don’t you answer this simple question?

Maybe your ex-wife can asnwer this “simple”question.
    We just wanna know if Julie is a”home wrecker”? Is she the reason your wife left you?

Isn’t Julie your girlfriend(since long before your were divorced)?

I think you have been writing “crap” about Faisal because you are trying to please Julie,or, maybe, this is the only way you can please her…..

23. John Light said on 31 May 2007 at 10:32 am:

To “Unbiased Bystander” and “Oldie” - I have contacted a lawyer to see about a defamation lawsuit…stay tuned.

24. oldie said on 31 May 2007 at 10:46 am:

so you don’t want to tell us the truth?

25. oldie said on 31 May 2007 at 10:49 am:

Hey John, let me give you the name of a good attorney, Faisal Gill.

26. John Light said on 31 May 2007 at 11:04 am:

This wil be my last post on the attacks made against me and Ms. Lucas. I say again, and this is NOT a joke or idle threat, I have contacted my lawyer and will provide them all the information I have on you two. And if it turns out that I can file a lawsuit against you, I will make it my mission to do so. It was bad enough the lies you two have posted about Ms. Lucas, but the moment you brought my family into it, the gloves are off.

This is not about politics, this is not about a Convention. You two have made this personal and brought innocent parties into the equation. If you truly know what is best, you will back off. If it turns out that I can sue, I promise you, this will not end after the 2nd.

27. Unbiased Bystander said on 31 May 2007 at 11:40 am:

Mr. Light,

Why don’t you simply answer the question: Are you romantically linked to Ms. Lucas?

Are you that embarassed of your relationship with her that you’re accusing us of defaming you? To defame someone, as per the definition in the dictionary, is to damage the reputation, character, or good name of by slander or libel.

If what I have said is not true, then simply say so. You’re beating around the bush with your threats of a lawsuit.

I’m not trying to bring your children into this issue, nor really your ex-wife. This is simply about you and Ms. Lucas.

Just like many on this blog have chose to take Faisal Gill’s words and also those words of people who he “associates” with and twist them around to tarnish his image, I can do the same with your words, Mr. Light, and do the very same to you…

Faisal has chose not to defend himself in these blogs because he knows all these allegations and smear tactics are a bunch of baloney. I’d like to see what you have to say to defend yourself, Mr. Light. Thank you for your time. The floor is all yours.

P.S. Let me make this very clear to everyone in this blog: I sign my name Unbiased Bystander because that’s what I am. I’m supporting neither one of these candidates. I’m not defending Faisal nor am I defending Ms. Lucas. Just like many of you have said you are doing, I’m bringing previously unknown FACTS into the public light. I’ll let everyone judge for themselves.

28. AWCheney said on 31 May 2007 at 11:42 am:

Time to pull out the IP’s Greg…this is turning into serious defamation. No public outing…email them to John Light.

29. AWCheney said on 31 May 2007 at 11:49 am:

I noticed whose side that little woosie boy Jimmy showed up on. As you can see John, if you disagree with Jimmy, you will never again be his friend…and he talks about other “amen choruses.” He can’t live without them. And if you’re wondering why I call you a “woosie boy” Jimmy…all little bullies are.

30. Brian L. said on 31 May 2007 at 11:59 am:

Gentlemen,

This is looking less like an organized political party, and more like an all-out high school spat. If y’all can’t quit whining, slandering each other, and behaving like adults, the how in the HELL do you suppose that you will be able to get Virginians to support ANY candidate you purport to represent?

Would all y’all please grow up? And if not, could you at least have the *dignity* to remove yourself from the Republican party here in the Commonwealth, or at *least* the ODBA, so you don’t tarnish the rest of us with your actions?

We’re _better_ than this, folks. Let’s act it!!

Most Respectfully,
    Brian L.

31. Brian L. said on 31 May 2007 at 11:59 am:

(Ack, typing in haste - Make that “can’t _start_ behaving like adults.” -B.)

32. Lars Wiechmann said on 31 May 2007 at 12:47 pm:

Primaries !!! No more conventions.

33. James Young said on 31 May 2007 at 2:57 pm:

AWCheney, you are a [edited]. Me a “bully”?!?!? That kind of schoolyard accusation reminds of something else from the schoolyard: “It takes one to know one.”

Besides, if you had spent more time in school learning than in picking on other children and pulling the wings off of flies, you might have picked up the ability to comprehend what you read, and would be able to understand that I condemned the despicable comments of “UB” and “oldie.” To the best of my knowledge, they are untrue. I certainly hope they are untrue as a matter of fact.

That I consider John a “former friend” has nothing to do with disagreeing with him about this race. It has everything to do with his personal attacks on me, attacks to which I have thus far refused to respond in kind, but which seem to take a page from your peurile book.

The difference between us is that I condemn such nonsense both when it hurts my candidate, and when it is intended to help him.

[Ed note: comment edited]

34. Lars Wiechmann said on 1 Jun 2007 at 10:25 am:

Greg L,

I’d really like to know what that edited comment was of James Young’s — I won’t school him on how he should address females (it’s too late for him — I hope he doesn’t talk to his wife that way) but I do believe he needs to be blocked from this blog…he’s over the line AGAIN. He has his own silly blog with a readership of 3 people.

James Young and AWCheney should run against each other for an office in the PWC GOP and see who wins…it will be a nice lesson for him (I of course will be her campaign manager).

35. James Young said on 1 Jun 2007 at 1:05 pm:

I know how to speak to ladies, Lars. You may make appropriate assumptions about the implications of that qualified comment.

However, given the content of your relative’s posts, I am unsurprised that you would leap to her defense without regard to how vile and childish her comment is. It is of a piece with her sleazy and dishonest behavior in the last campaign she ran.

36. AWCheney said on 1 Jun 2007 at 1:48 pm:

My brother has been watching your improper, vitriolic rants for some time now Jimmy, even before I started smacking you down a bit. Fact is he, and everyone else who has seen your behavior, is quite aware of the fact that my remarks are very mild in comparison…although I admit I have been in a rather bad mood lately, which has been reflected in my return volleys. You can protest all you like, but you’ve managed to alienate just about everyone on the blogs, with the possible exception of Charles. You probably should stick to your own little blog, as Lars suggested, and leave the rest of us alone…maybe you can eventually salvage what’s left of your reputation.

37. James Young said on 1 Jun 2007 at 9:22 pm:

Your sanctimony is boundless, Old Whithered Wench. You belittle in forms of address when you have not been addressed, and then presume to criticize someone else’s behavior, as though you were blameless. You posture as matronly, and complain when someone responds in kind to your name-calling.

Alienating the likes of you and others on SOME blogs — once again, your presumption that your jaded opinions are shared by every one else gives evidence of your boundless sanctimony — is a badge of honor. Of course, your own silly comments give lie to your claim that all I care about is what others think of me. I suspect that your real complaint is that I care little about what the likes of you thinks of me. Just as I care little about what cowards who hide behind pseudonyms think of me…. or what they think, for that matter.

38. Anonymous said on 1 Jun 2007 at 9:44 pm:

JY = Losing campaigns.

39. AWCheney said on 1 Jun 2007 at 10:56 pm:

“…complain when someone responds in kind to your name-calling.”

First of all Jimmy, what you call name-calling (although I will concede to my previous comment, which was hardly a “bleeper” however) is merely addressing you in a form of your proper name that you seem to be sensitive about. If I really wanted to piss you off, I’d take a suggestion someone made some months ago over at TC and call you Willie. Secondly, it is just so much fun to watch you make a total fool of yourself, so you better get used to it…or go elsewhere.

40. AWCheney said on 1 Jun 2007 at 11:05 pm:

Oh yeah, and btw, I don’t complain about it…I’m actually enjoying it (see immediately previous comment).

41. James Young said on 2 Jun 2007 at 2:50 pm:

Soooo, let me understand this: you are simply doing something to provoke someone else.

Your maturity always impresses, OWW. I refer to you as “AWCheney,” until you choose to call me something other than I post as. After that, I feel free to refer to your most prominent characteristics. Well, except for referral to the sleaze and dishonesty.

Aside from that, my son is “Jimmy.” He is eleven, and comes nowhere near here. My friends call me “Jim” or “James.” I post as “James Young.”

You are free to call me anything you want to, and will regardless of what I say. Don’t complain or act wronged when others exercise the same freedom in response to your calculatedly diminutive and diminishing choices.

42. AWCheney said on 2 Jun 2007 at 9:02 pm:

I am not your friend Jimmy…my standard for that is considerably higher. And, secondly, I’ve told you before that the reason I refer to you in the diminutive is because your rants remind me far too much of a petulant child, so I just can’t bring myself to refer to you as anything else but anymore.