The Zapatistas Start Whining

By Greg L | 7 June 2007 | Zapatistas, Illegal Aliens | 17 Comments

The DC Examiner reports on the sanctuary policy issue in Prince William County today, and Ricardo Juarez of Mexicanos Sin Fronteras makes an appearance on behalf of the local illegal alien apologists. Help Save Manassas is demanding that the supervisors rescind a policy that prohibits police officers from asking the immigration status of persons they suspect to be illegal aliens, a policy that not only is a violation of federal law, but puts at risk substantial funding to the county from the Department of Homeland Security under the SCAAP program.

But what has Mexicanos Sin Fronteras, the local branch of the communist-inspired Mexican revolutionary group called the “Zapatista Army of National Liberation” have to say about this idea of complying with federal law? That it’s going to promote “racial profiling”:

Critics questioned the group’s motives, noting the police are only being asked to check status of “suspected illegal immigrants.”

The proposal would encourage ethnic profiling, said Ricardo Juarez, general coordinator of the immigrant civil rights group Mexicanos Sin Fronteras. A policy aimed only at those suspected of being in the country illegally, he said, would create a double standard.

“I think justice has to be equal for everybody. Anyone who has committed a crime has to be prosecuted the same way,” Juarez said.

I agree with Juarez that “justice has to be equal for everybody”, but he has a rather unusual way of defining what “equal justice” is. Does it mean that we ignore federal laws because it might negatively impact those who are illegally within this country? Does it mean that legal residents and illegal aliens are entitled to the exact same treatment under the law?
How about instead we at least agree that Prince William County is legally obligated to fully comply with federal law?

Ricardo Juarez is trying to defend the policy that lead to the deaths two sixteen and seventeen year old girls in Virginia Beach a few weeks ago at the hands of an unlicensed and intoxicated illegal alien driver who had previously been cited by the police for a DUI, but because police department policy prohibited it, he was never asked what his legal status was during those prior interactions with the police. To him, it’s apparently preferable that police officers not have the discretion, as protected under federal law, to inquire about legal status when someone might perhaps be driving without a license, is intoxicated, and has just committed a hit-and-run. It’s also apparently preferable that if that person is an illegal alien and then goes on to kill someone, we have at least protected him from that heinous “racial profiling” thing.

The insanity of this argument is utterly stunning. American citizens die because of criminal illegal aliens, but the only thing the Zapatistas are concerned with is whether someone has the temerity to ask someone who might show every sign of being an illegal alien what their immigration status is. Perhaps it’s a mexican thing, and I wouldn’t understand. With these Zapatista folks, I guess there’s a lot I don’t understand.

Mexicanos Sin Fronteras representative Arnolda Borjas addresses the Zapatista Army of National Liberation in Mexico in 2006.  But they’re somehow a “respectable” organization that has been granted 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service…

1. disgusted LEGAL citizen said on 7 Jun 2007 at 11:43 pm:

Let’s take a page from history. See “Operation Wetback” http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0706/p09s01-coop.html
    end of problem!! Goodbye Sr. Juarez and good riddance.

2. Anonymous said on 8 Jun 2007 at 7:02 am:

It will start off that police are not allow to ask their legal status; next the police will not be allowed to ask if they’ve been drinking; next the police will not be allowed to ask if they have pot in the vehicle - THIS HAS TO STOP !!!!! NOW !!!!

3. Legal2 said on 8 Jun 2007 at 7:21 am:

VA Beach is one of many examples of which you speak. Search “drunk and dangerous” at http://www.worldnetdaily.com to see the June 1 article. BTW, a few months ago on Route 28 in Manassas, didn’t we have a carload of immigrants/aliens evading the police who ended up hitting at least one other car and killing a total of 7 people?

4. sandy said on 8 Jun 2007 at 7:29 am:

What about the teacher that was in an accident in Dale City by a sod truck and the driver ran. We have not heard any more about it. Can’t remember exactly when it was. Maybe someone else remembers.

5. redawn said on 8 Jun 2007 at 9:00 am:

I think that ANY AMERICAN citizen (no matter what race) would not have a problem being asked our legal status rather than to listen to the arguments of illegals whinning about profiling. I am very happy that the bill has been busted at this point. H*** NO THE MUST GO. Too much time and money being wasted on those who BREAK THE LAW and think they have a voice.

I heard last night on the news that a billion dollars is available to build the border fence. It has not been built as some senators wanted to be able to “sell the whole package” when it came to arguing the aminetsy bill.

6. justice said on 8 Jun 2007 at 11:14 am:

Those cowards in the picture have to hide behind their silly masks. Zapatistas, you cowards, go to Iraq and see how long you last before your lights go out. You will soon be crying for “mamasita”. Do I perceive another mexican/American war brewing?

7. Patty said on 8 Jun 2007 at 1:37 pm:

I don’t think it is racial profiling to ask for legal status. After all I got ticket one time and the officer did a background check on me from his little computer in his vehicle and found out that I haven’t had a ticket since I was 20 and that was years ago. I don’t mind that at all. I think Mr. Juarez should go back to his country. If think he should be charged with a war crime. Isn’t he leading foreign nationals to invade our country?

8. Greg L said on 8 Jun 2007 at 1:52 pm:

Mr. Juarez certainly appears to be encouraging individuals to enter the United States illegally, and provides material support which recklessly encourages the continued unlawful presence of these illegal aliens.

If I could substantiate my solid convictions in any way, I would have reported Mr. Juarez to the police for violating federal anti-harboring laws (8 U.S.C. § 1324) which is a felony. Perhaps some readers might have the opportunity to research Mr. Juarez’s past statements to determine the precise nature of his support to illegal aliens, and a documented admission from him that the support he is providing is to persons he knows to be illegal.

Macrina Cardinal, who was until recently the head of the Mexico Solidarity Front, has recently either been deported or voluntarily repatriated herself to Mexico after being in this country for eighteen years, during which time she obtained only a marginal grasp of the English language and regularly required the assistance of an interpreter when engaging with the non-Spanish speaking public. It would be wonderful if Mr. Juarez could be similarly called to account.

9. Had to Say said on 8 Jun 2007 at 5:11 pm:

I can’t prove it, but what I have researched on Juarez, he seems to be here illegally himself. How about the next time a reporter interviews him, they ask, “Are you here legally?”

10. Bryanna said on 10 Jun 2007 at 2:25 pm:

I lost 2 wonderful friends who moved to another state less than 2 years ago. They were Resident Aliens from El Salvador living in Woodbridge for many years. They moved leaving behind good paying jobs with health insurance and moved to another state with their children. They spoke English, worked hard, went to church, minded their own business and were good, honest people who hoped to some day own their own small business.

When they left El Salvador it was out of fear and now their children were faced with the same fear they had hoped to leave behind. Their children were unable to escape the pressure coming from within their own El Salvadorian community including MS 13 gang members. Then one day their 14 year old daughter who attended public school was abducted by MS-13 gang members taken to DC and was brutally raped. She was found bloody and disoriented. I tried to talk them into calling the PWCPD, but they preferred to leave the state, why? Let me tell you.

Years ago in El Salvador, there was a man that everyone feared. They said he was head of the El Salvadorian Mafia. That same man lives in Woodbridge and is prominent business man in Virginia. I argued that maybe he had no choice, that he had to survive, that perhaps he was different now living in this country. They said he continues to encourages illegal’s to come to VA from El Salvador. He offers them fake social security cards, and jobs, he tells them DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH, even if you can, make the American’s learn our language, he places them in a position that is beholden to him. He is still a leader, only now here in Virginia.

When illegal’s refused to go to work and protested in DC, they joined him later that day for a rally in Woodbridge. This person has given 10’s of thousands of dollars to local and state politicians, including a sizable donation to Tim Kaines Inaugural Ball.

I saw a mother sobbing in pain for her daughter, I saw a father fighting back tears when I tried to convince him to keep his job and stay, I saw a family frightened and it was real.

11. anon said on 11 Jun 2007 at 1:01 am:

Anon at 2:25,

If I may ask … does the man in question own a store?

12. redawn said on 11 Jun 2007 at 10:55 am:

this scares me…is there something that can be done?

13. anonymous said on 11 Jun 2007 at 11:02 am:

Are this man’s initials JCC?

14. Bryanna said on 12 Jun 2007 at 11:19 am:

anonymous said on 11 Jun 2007 at 11:02 am:
    Are this man’s initials JCC?

…..CC is correct

anon said on 11 Jun 2007 at 1:01 am:
    Anon at 2:25,

If I may ask … does the man in question own a store?

….yes, and arrests have been made outside that store resulting in the discovery of false identification cards.

15. Bryanna said on 12 Jun 2007 at 11:28 am:

Wanda…I’m so sorry. Anonymous said on 10 Jun 2007 at 2:25 pm: This was my posting. What happened to you is what my friends feared would happen to them. They tried to tell me. They said the person in question was a murderer in El Salvador. I didn’t want to post that because it’s a strong accusation.

They spoke of a militant group that is told NOT to assimulate to the American way. Between this and the Muslim invasion, our nation is being threatened.

16. anonymous said on 14 Jun 2007 at 11:10 am:

17. Bryanna said on 15 Jun 2007 at 12:33 am:

“anonymous said on 14 Jun 2007 at 11:10 am:
    We’ve established that his initials are JCC. Does he share the same last name as a famous Cuban dicatator?”

YES. He attempted to vote in a GOP convention but his delegate form was rejected.