Manassas Park Is A Tinderbox

By Greg L | 25 June 2007 | Illegal Aliens, Manassas Park | 17 Comments

This weekend I spent some time in Manassas Park in the area where the rape I talked about earlier happened in order to talk to residents about Help Save Manassas and see if I could find out more about what happened earlier this month.  It was a real eye opener, even for someone like me who is now used to hearing lots of stories about illegal aliens.  The problems in the park are incredible, and residents definitely seem to have the opinion that their local government is hanging them out to dry while their community is utterly destroyed.

I found one resident who observed activity related to the rape/assault incident who reported that the assailants in that case had ensconced themselves in a vacant house a couple of doors down from them, and in her opinion were all MS-13 gang members.  The suspects in the case at some point had been running through her back yard.  She had preschooler children and was visibly upset about what had happened, and characterized it as being not a terribly unusual incident since there is frequently questionable activity in the area.  She feels like she is under attack every day.

Another resident, an very charming, elderly, and devout christian retired woman expressed frustration that the multiple families who inhabited the adjacent house regularly had loud noise in the evening, were drinking in public, and that the police were unresponsive to her complaints.  When she had a graduation party for her granddaughter one afternoon however, police infiltrated through neighbors yards and raided the party, sending all of the children home before she could contact their parents to come pick them up, and they hadn’t been serving alcohol or engaging in any illegal activity.  The basis for the police’s actions was that she didn’t have a permit to hold a graduation party in her back yard.

Other neighbors pointed out no less than 12 houses they were certain were inhabited by multiple families, regaled me with tales of raids by the Drug Enforcement Agency or the local police that were never reported in the local papers, and  ongoing criminal behavior that was utterly outrageous.  Every single one of these people expressed utter frustration with the city of Manassas Park which in their opinion is a corrupt, unresponsive, and unrepresentative outrage.

I’m going to start spending a lot more time in the Park, if only because these folks would not let me leave their front porches unless they had an opportunity to extensively vent.  I’ve never encountered this degree of anger and frustration in an electorate.  This anger and pain is so palpable that anyone willing to walk these neighborhoods and offer an alternative to the misery they are experiencing could build anything they wanted, from a political campaign to an advocacy organization like Help Save Manassas in no time.

The place is a political tinderbox.  It’s time to start spreading matches.

1. Lafayette said on 25 Jun 2007 at 12:28 am:

Things have been pretty bad over in the Park for about 5years now. It is only get worse over there, and it’s finding it’s way up the hill, to Westgate. Since, Thurdsay the police have been to one house on my street 3times, that I know about. There’s alot bad stuff all over. I feel for those folks in the Park, alot of them have lived there for decades, 3 and 4 generations in some cases. My sister got out of the Park 4 years ago and hasn’t thought twice about it. I’m hearing really bad things too(Westgate), that I never hear about in MJM. We really need more citizens to get involved.

2. anonymous said on 25 Jun 2007 at 12:34 am:

The City of Manassas Park needs to be questioned about all of the “mini-motels ” they’ve allowed to be built disguised as upgraded housing.

3. Mando said on 25 Jun 2007 at 6:44 am:

Thanks Greg. Hopefully things will be brought to light and something will be done. It certainly is frustrating.

4. The Patriot said on 25 Jun 2007 at 10:37 am:

We need to stop this multiple family “bunk house” crap in our neighborhoods. Our towns are going to become nothing but Wild West hang outs with brothels. We the legal taxpaying citizens need to stop this. First and foremost, we must concentrate on attrition solutions:
    1. Get rid of social benefits given to non-U.S. citizens (welfare, WIC, free medical, free education, subsidized housing, foodstamps, etc.). The illegals and their anchors will leave if these “attractions” are taken away.
    2. Must stop businesses from hiring illegals. Businesses that hire illegals should have their business licenses revoked and should be shut down. This will send a message loud and clear that we will not tolerate this any longer.
    3. We must stop this anchor baby crisis. The illegals and even “guest workers” know of this blantant loop hole and they work it good. They know they will receive the social benefits (as stated in item 1 above) and they also know that it will be harder to be deported if they have “anchors”.
    These items must be vigorously addressed to really solve our problems!

5. park'd said on 25 Jun 2007 at 12:30 pm:

I say we all picket one park center and get some attention. Those clowns know all about what’s going on and they won’t change until we as citizens demand it face to face at one park center. A couple hundred of us picketing outside might be what we need to get some attention. Who’s up for it?

6. redawn said on 25 Jun 2007 at 12:39 pm:

I will, I live in PWC but we need to do it EVERYWHERE

7. Advocator said on 25 Jun 2007 at 12:48 pm:

This is the frustration that results from the failure of all levels of government to perform their basic function, i.e., protect its citizenry. For those of you tempted to leave the Park, or the City, or the County, be advised, it ain’t no better anywhere else in the country (except maybe Alabama, where they’ve dealt with this problem). This is the Alamo. Besides, moving somewhere else only benefits the real estate agents.

First, get involved. Second, make arrangements to protect yourself and what it yours. It may come down to “refreshing the tree of liberty.” I suggest going to the Dulles gun show at the end of July (see, www.thenationsgunshow.com) and spending about $1000 on a good sidearm (9mm auto with large capacity mag) and a high powered rifle (Yugoslavian SKS is cheap, reliable) along with a large amount of ammunition. Unfortunately, it may come down to this. Gridlock in our federal government and soft-tissued nervous Nellies at the state and local level are allowing this country to be taken over.

8. Lars Wiechmann said on 25 Jun 2007 at 1:25 pm:

We need good Manassas Park residents to declare for office NOW and begin the “throw the bums” out campaign immediately. Until every single elected official currently holding office (any office) in Manassas Park is thrown out on their ear, nothing will change.

Don’t tell me some are good and some are bad. All of them are part of this problem either as an active participant, or worse, an inactive participant.

Those of us that are non-Park residents need to start a political action committee to support a good slate and get this done. Enough is enough in Manassas Park.

9. Maureen Wood said on 25 Jun 2007 at 2:05 pm:

Lars Wiechmann-

You are exactly right! ALL elected officials need to know that they can no longer twiddle their thumbs on this issue. We will vote them out of office. ALL of them!!

Look at Herndon. Look at Manassas. Two newly elected council members are trying to do what they can about illigal aliens in our community and they ran on that platform.

Also ALL county supervisors are up for re-election this November.

10. Anonymous said on 25 Jun 2007 at 2:45 pm:

“We need good Manassas Park residents to declare for office NOW and begin the “throw the bums” out campaign immediately.”

So we can see ourselves vilified on this and other blogs? I am a good resident, a community and school volunteer, but protecting my family comes first. I don’t think anyone can successful serve in office in the current climate without risking the emotional and physical safety of his or her family. I had planned on doing school board at some point, but I won’t with the way things are now. Who wants to be labelled a “co-conspirator” for throwing your hat in the ring?

11. Anonymous said on 25 Jun 2007 at 3:28 pm:

RE: park’d
    Set up when and let citizens know, flyers,blogs, or whatever. I know if someone organized a picket I would be there. This needs to be done.
    I have lived in M.P. for 17 years and watched a nice little town decline into more or less the slums. I have been so frustrated about things I have been considering selling my home and moving, but my children are in Hs and have always gone to school here and don’t want to move, but what else can we do?!

12. The Patriot said on 25 Jun 2007 at 4:15 pm:

There must be a way to be able to impeach elected officials that are not acting on behalf of legal citizens.

13. Lars Wiechmann said on 25 Jun 2007 at 10:02 pm:

Anon 2:45

I have to agree with some of what you say. Political office is not for everybody. It gets ugly out there, but as far as this blog I think anyone who would take it on would find they have support from most that post on here.

Since you are active in the community you would be great at recruiting good candidates. Everyone can do something to help. I’m not in Manassas Park, but I firmly believe anybody who cares has some role to play in this political revolution…and from now on..I think it’s best to refer to it as a revolution.

14. AWCheney said on 25 Jun 2007 at 10:13 pm:

There is a recall process that has been suggested on numerous occasions before Patriot, but few people living in Manassas Park seemed to be interested. Unfortunately, this is a process which must be conducted by registered voters of Manassas Park, although a great many of us living in the County and City of Manassas would be willing to help…ultimately, it is up to the residents.

15. Lafayette said on 26 Jun 2007 at 9:33 am:

AWC
    You’re right again. The numbered of registered voters in the Park, can’t be what they used be. The legal citizens have the old part of the park and the people living on the other side of 28 in the Park, are so glad they’ve got 28, seperating. The new side of the Park, has many “newcomers” to our community, who don’t realize what the Manassas Park once was. I would like to point out that MANASSAS PARK, is 50 years old this year, and it’s nothing like it was.

16. Wesley said on 29 Jul 2007 at 4:22 pm:

It’s a do it yourself situation. Vote out any involved/pro illegal anything. ie: wehirealiens.com numbers.com etc.
    North American Union and new “Amero” coming your way with more ms13?

17. Anonymous said on 13 Aug 2007 at 6:08 am:

is it true that prince william county is merging, or taking over m.p.? this is what the kids are being told in school.