Help Save Manassas Wednesday

By Greg L | 26 June 2007 | Illegal Aliens, Manassas Park, Manassas City, Prince William County | 18 Comments

Help Save Manassas will have it’s next membership meeting tomorrow night (June 27th) at Manassas City Hall. At 7PM there will be open discussion, and the meeting will come to order at 7:30PM. If you want to be engaged in the local efforts to reduce the numbers of illegal aliens in our community, or just want to learn more about the issue, please consider attending.

There will be updates on what’s going on with our efforts to overturn the sanctuary policy towards illegal aliens of the Prince William County Police Department, how we’re doing in our efforts to remove unlicensed street peddlers, legislative initiatives underway in Manassas City and Prince William County, and a briefing on who is opposing us on the issue of illegal aliens. We have plenty of opportunities coming up for residents interested in membership outreach, lobbying our legislators, or supporting some of our initiatives to help monitor and address crime and zoning problems to talk about as well. If you want to get involved in being part of the solution, you’ll learn a lot about how to get involved and all of the different opportunities that are available.

There will also be an chance for those on the eastern side of the county to get in on the ground floor setting up an as-yet-unnamed chapter in the Woodbridge area. This should make it a lot easier for members in that area to attend meetings and focus on some of the local conditions in that area that really need some attention. With membership continuing to grow at a rapid pace, it looks like there should be a fairly sizable group of members to help this get started and develop some momentum.

Help Save Manassas is the fastest-growing issue advocacy organization in Prince William, and is now larger than any of the political committees in the area. At the conclusion of this meeting, it may well become larger than all of the city and county committees of all of the political parties, combined. By the end of this summer, it’s membership may exceed that of the chambers of commerce. If there’s any doubt about whether the issue of illegal aliens in our community is a significant concern in Prince William, you need not look any farther than the membership figures of Help Save Manassas to see that this is probably the biggest issue in the area.

1. Ted said on 26 Jun 2007 at 3:07 pm:

A request: please put a FIRM time limit on each part of the meeting so we don’t lose 2/3s of the people like we did last time when it ran late.

2. Lafayette said on 26 Jun 2007 at 4:33 pm:

Ted’s right, I hated having to leave early.

3. me said on 26 Jun 2007 at 5:39 pm:

Suggestion:
    Pass out sign up sheets when asking for help
    right then…not later in the night.

4. The Patriot said on 26 Jun 2007 at 5:58 pm:

I wonder if our board of supervisors can see? Everywhere that there is heavy illegals and guest workers, etc., the city looks terrible! Trash everywhere, run down houses, cars parked on lawns, large hordes of people loitering, 30 people living in one house, etc. How come I see this every day and these board of supervisors don’t seem to see it?

5. anon said on 26 Jun 2007 at 5:59 pm:

Do you have to be a member to attend?

6. Goombayah MLord said on 26 Jun 2007 at 6:14 pm:

Just put ON sheets.

7. new said on 26 Jun 2007 at 8:57 pm:

So you have to be a homeowner, or can you be a renter living in Manassas?

8. AWCheney said on 26 Jun 2007 at 9:03 pm:

Real bright GML.

New, I don’t recall anything about being a homeowner in the bylaws (Greg can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure I’m not). I believe that the only requirement is being concerned about our community.

9. Maureen Wood said on 26 Jun 2007 at 9:05 pm:

You do not have to be a member to attend the meeting, but we hope you would like to help us in making positive changes in the Greater Manassa area.

All you have to be is a LEGAL resident of the United States to join.

Hope to see you all there!

10. AWCheney said on 26 Jun 2007 at 9:17 pm:

In other words, not an ILLEGAL alien. ;-)

11. Maureen Wood said on 26 Jun 2007 at 9:56 pm:

You got it AW!

12. Lafayette said on 26 Jun 2007 at 10:20 pm:

Well the PWCBOS Chambers isn’t full of concerned citizens yet, we need to work on that. So let’s fill Town Hall tomorrow night. The efforts are working, Mr. Stirrup introduced a resolution today, addressing alot of HSM’s concerns. However, Hilda woke up long enough to complain about it and say that two weeks wasn’t enough time to make a sound vote on this resolution. We must grow in numbers, we all know the illegal aliens numbers are rising day by day around here. We are legal and we deserve to be heard and changes made based on our pressing concerns about our community.

13. Patty said on 26 Jun 2007 at 10:49 pm:

Greg,

I would like to come tomorrow but I had a previous commitment. If there is anything I can help with let me know. I only noticed one push cart vendor today. I called the police on him. Seems to be working.

14. Greg L said on 26 Jun 2007 at 11:23 pm:

Homeownership is not a requirement. Members attest to the following, and nothing more:

* I am a U. S. Citizen or legal resident residing in the Greater Manassas Area
    * I am in accord with the principles and objectives of Help Save Manassas
    * I will not employ illegal aliens, nor do business with entities that employ illegal aliens, or otherwise contribute to conditions which may encourage the presence of illegal aliens within our communities
    * I will endeavor to responsibly engage in the ongoing public dialog on issues related to illegal immigration

15. me said on 27 Jun 2007 at 6:36 am:

Patty,

That would be because they are walking through the Marumsco Hills area in Woodbridge. I saw two of them yesterday on the way home from work – with in a block of one another. At least one of them had the address of Roberson Dr Manassas, VA 20109 printed on the side of the cart. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So what do you tell the police when you see the carts? I see they have the permit taped to the side of the cart?

16. park'd said on 27 Jun 2007 at 8:27 am:

I saw 2 carts on cabbell drive in the park the other day on my way home from work. No way no how either of those two guys pushing them were legal either.

17. Maureen Wood said on 28 Jun 2007 at 11:06 am:

me-

When you call the police tell them that you believe that the push cart is not properly licensed and would they please look into it.

Also go to helpsavemanassas.org and go to the link on push carts. I believe it explians what to do. The calls to the police are working. We need to find out who is operating this ring of push carts and have the whole operation stopped.

18. Michael Stewart said on 14 Jul 2007 at 9:01 am:

I just saw a story about your organization on MSNBC. The reporter was obviously biased and was trying to put your organization in a bad light. The person representing your organization was an excellent spokesperson. Great job. I agree with everything he said.