video production in Manassas and Prince William County

Contact The Supervisors

By Greg L | 29 June 2007 | Illegal Aliens, Prince William County | 57 Comments

I’m starting to hear from folks who have been asking their elected officials in Prince William County to support Gainesville Supervisor John Stirrup’s resolution to overturn the police department’s sanctuary policy for illegal aliens who have committed misdemeanors or traffic violations.  So far we know that Supervisor Stirrup and Chairman Corey Stewart support the measure, and I’ve heard that Brentsville Supervisor Wally Covington is leaning in support of it.

Now that citizens don’t have to flood the U.S. Senate with calls, emails and faxes, it’s time to turn our attention to our county supervisors.  They need to hear from you.  All of you.  Make sure you let all of them know how important this is.  If we succeed in getting this resolution passed in it’s present form, it may radically improve the conditions in our communities by deterring additional illegal aliens from coming to the area and encouraging those here to repatriate themselves if not back to their own countries, then at least so somewhere else where de-facto sanctuary policies are in effect.

For more information, visit the Help Save Manassas issue webpage on this resolution.

1. The Patriot said on 29 Jun 2007 at 3:28 pm:

Thanks for the update. I started the process yesterday and will continue to do so.

2. Lafayette said on 29 Jun 2007 at 3:43 pm:

Patriot/GregL
    Could one of you please post the link for PWCBOS-Contact us. I gave gentleman a copy of the page with all the names, numbers,email, etc. This will make it very easy for citizens find this info swiftly. I mentioned my mother and I have talked to about 15 friends, in total support of this and some of them had already been calling, emailing and faxing. All of these fine folks have lived in PWC, over 50 years. They, have children still living in the county, that are doing the same(calling, etc.)LET’S GO!!!!!!!!!

3. Greg L said on 29 Jun 2007 at 3:48 pm:

The bottom of the issue page on the Help Save Manassas website has all of the phone numbers, email addresses and office locations for all of the supervisors.

4. The Patriot said on 29 Jun 2007 at 3:52 pm:

On a side note…we need to be vigilant of potential “amnesty” riders tacked onto House and Senate Bills, etc.. I informed Senator Webb, Warner, and Congressman Davis that we will be screening these things for riders and that they will not be tolerated.

5. The Patriot said on 29 Jun 2007 at 4:05 pm:

PWC contact e-mails (just cut and paste):
    cstewart@pwcgov.org;mnohe@pwcgov.org;wcovington@pwcgov.org;mcmay@pwcgov.org;mcaddigan@pwcgov.org;jjenkins@pwcgov.org;hbarg@pwcgov.org; gainesville@pwcgov.org

6. CW said on 29 Jun 2007 at 4:37 pm:

This email address is a list that goes to all of them at the same time: bocs@pwcgov.org

I received a nice response in support from Mr. Stewart and I received the standard “email was received and sent to the supervisor” note from Mr. Jenkins office. I must say that Mr. Stewart, Mr. Nohe and Mr. May have always taken the time to write me back within a day or two in the past 6-7 months, and not some standard reply either. It may be that including my name and address in the email and a sincere thank you for considering my remarks whether they may or may not agree does the trick.

7. Anonymous said on 29 Jun 2007 at 4:58 pm:

Would it be appropriate for someone from one of the two cities to contact the BOCS? We recieve limited services from the CSB and are on waiting lists for additional services through CSB as well. How they rule in this matter is likely to directly impact my family. I think this change in the rule might get my family off of some of these lists and into the disability services my child needs.

8. Raymond.J.LeBlanc said on 29 Jun 2007 at 6:23 pm:

I am a carpenter and along with millions of other construction workers ,I’m bothered by the let all illegal aliens work and not pay taxes ,send all money out of the USA ,drain the welfare system, PUT AN UNSEEN STRAIN ON OUR SCHOOL SYSTEMS UNTIL THESE ILLEGALS SHOWED UP ILLEGALY IN OUR COUNTRY. all in all THEY bleed the USA dry and complain about everything , and try to change all that is good in the US. I say we should load all of them up on buses, ships ,anything that can make it to the mexican border drop them off ,and get our military to patrol and use deadly force on anybody that tries to cross from that time on . These people hate the US they admit that they do daily so I say let’s get them the hell out of our country NOW………

9. The Patriot said on 29 Jun 2007 at 6:32 pm:

Raymond…since many illegals are hired by the construction and landscaping companies….is there a way for you to gather statements from your co-workers on how this is impacting your jobs etc.? If we could get a large number of people to make statements…we could present the information to the BOCS during citizen time.

10. Trent A. Barton said on 29 Jun 2007 at 6:54 pm:

I would recommend that we all tell our supervisors to give an early retirement to Chief Dean. The policy he put forth is enough to question his ability to continue to lead our county law enforcement operations. The only question for Chief Dean is this: What law will you choose to ignore because it doesn’t fit into your plan.. You swore to enforce all the laws not just a few of them. Supervisors should start the search process to bring a fresh face to the police department. We need to pass this resolution and once and for all end the lunacy of law enforcement not enforcing the law because they don’t want to.

Just my Thoughts-

11. The Patriot said on 29 Jun 2007 at 7:35 pm:

I agree with Trent. He needs to follow the actions of the Arizonia Sheriff who is taking care of business (a true LE role model). The questions that we must ask Chief Dean are:
    1. Are you a law enforcement officer?
    2. Are you enforcing the law as it is written?
    If any of his answers to the above is NO, then he needs to either correct the problem immediately or get replaced. Simple as that.

12. NoVA Scout said on 29 Jun 2007 at 8:00 pm:

I guess Chief Dean is safe, at least from The Patriot, since the answer to both questions is clearly “Yes.” There is no county ordinance that makes uninspected entry into the US illegal and no law that requires local police and taxpayors to take over federal functions. The local costs of the approach frequently and fervently advocated here will be enormous and the negative impacts on the real functions of local police will be devastating. Good luck down there, folks. Seems like a bunch of spendthrift liberals who don’t give a damn about law and order or the Constitution are going on a binge.

13. Greg L said on 29 Jun 2007 at 8:52 pm:

Anon 4:58 -

Absolutely, anyone with an interest in the county should contact the Supervisors. If you drive through, work in, or do business in Prince William County the policies of the police department that impact public safety are absolutely your concern. If CSB funds are paying for services to illegals instead of your kid (I’m unfortunately too familiar with this particular agency) you should be beating on their phones and email addresses regularly.

14. Had to Say said on 29 Jun 2007 at 10:36 pm:

“drain the welfare system…”

All social services in Virginia are supposed to be checking legal status before dispersing any aide to people who apply. As we all know I.D. theft and document fraud are rampant in the illegal alien communities.

Some exceptions are, of course the anchor babies getting benefits, Medicaid, food stamps, etc. Also pregnant illegals can apply to have their delivery paid for by the tax payers. I’m not sure if illegals are allowed to participate in the WIC (women, infant & children)program or not. I do know the Federal government is looking to add tortilla’s and other typical Hispanic foods to the list. One more thing the government is willing to cater to the Hispanics. What about Asians and other minority groups. Why isn’t what has been offered to the public for years no longer good enough?

Our American culture is being threatened everyday! It is eroded little by little, before we know it’s happening. We Americans wake up on morning and say, “What the hell just happened here?”

We need to be ever vigilant and keep on our elected officials. Constantly!

15. The Patriot said on 30 Jun 2007 at 7:39 am:

Nova, what about this:

Summary of Federal Immigration and Nationality Act Section 8 USC 1324

“Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.”

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:

assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or
    encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or

knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.
    Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime. Anyone employing or contracting with an illegal alien without verifying his or her work authorization status is guilty of a misdemeanor. Aliens and employers violating immigration laws are subject to arrest, detention, and seizure of their vehicles or property. In addition, individuals or entities who engage in racketeering enterprises that commit (or conspire to commit) immigration-related felonies are subject to private civil suits for treble damages and injunctive relief.

16. park'd said on 30 Jun 2007 at 7:44 am:

What do we in the park do about this? I keep reading about the PWBOS and Chief Dean, but what about the park where the real illegal problems are? What is going on here and whose feet can be held to the fire? I think it’s GREAT that something is being done in PWC, but I sure as he11 don’t want to see the park become the new haven of illegals (any more than it already is) when they are no longer welcome in PWC.

17. The Patriot said on 30 Jun 2007 at 8:05 am:

Hadtosay, I think the best approach is to start by thoroughly examining the social benefits system (welfare, foodstamps, WIC, etc.). These are attractive incentives and certainly allow illegals and supporters to operate unchecked. Additionally, the anchor baby issue must be addressed. This places a huge drain on our social benefits system as well (that we all pay for). Illegals, Guest Workers, etc. know about the anchor baby loophole and they work the system hard. The anchor babies allow them to get benefits and makes deportation that much harder. We need to concentrate on attrition methods. Cut the benefits, eliminate the anchor baby situation, and enforce our existing laws.

18. Ted said on 30 Jun 2007 at 8:27 am:

There are huge loopholes in the system and the taxpayer is having his pocket picked. My wife is in the medical profession and the number of non-US citizens who are on Medicaid she sees every week is astounding and it is only getting larger–Iraqis, Iranians, Afghans, Pakistanis, Palestinians etc are pouring into this area. Somehow they getting into the country and boy do they bring their (extended) families with them. They have the system pegged and newcomers have their documents “entitling” them to US taxpayer dollars waiting for them when they get here.

Amazing stuff. Oh, and let’s just say that some of the nationalities mentioned above don’t exactly have the most positive feelings about the US. These bad feelings of course don’t stop them from taking advantage of our generosity.

19. Good Time Charlie said on 30 Jun 2007 at 9:08 am:

Greg L,
    Keep up the good work. Your efforts will change this policy. As mentioned before Charlie Deane will change policy overnight if pressure from the public becomes headlines. Your leadership has already forced him to review this policy because suddenly he feels it needs updating.

20. Lafayette said on 30 Jun 2007 at 9:12 am:

park’d
    Help Save Manassas will be in the Park today, as more folks sign up and get others involved, that’ll will help get the ball rolling. The City Council, are the elected officials and have the power. I’m going to see if get a little more info. I will speak to lifetimers and one official, I’ve known for years. I’ll let you know. I know ya’ll need help down there. My sister left the Park 4 years ago, and hasn’t looked back.

21. NoVA Scout said on 30 Jun 2007 at 10:01 am:

TP: I had been operating under the assumption that those were federal statutes. Did I miss something? If so, I recant, but still say you folks are completely failing to understand the costs and negative law enforcement impacts of what you’re advocating. A lot of your supervisors flamboyantly advertise themselves as fiscal conservatives (I think most of them are just playing you for suckers, but that is their schtick). If I’m being uncharitable to them and they really do have a strong commitment to watching how funds are spent, they’re absoltely faint when they appreciate what dismantling the police force in favor of immigration duty is going to cost. But it you have the local laws in place, they pass constitutional muster, and you’re up for the costs (monetary and otherwise) of building a new police force, have at it. As a conservative federalist with an eye on my purse and my safety, I’d fight this tooth and nail if it “immigrates” to Fairfax.

22. Maureen Wood said on 30 Jun 2007 at 10:21 am:

NoVA Scout
    1st- Illegals are costing the County millions of dollars every year. If you crack down on them the County might actually save money in the long run.

2nd- How much extra time will it take to ask immigration status? A minute or two? That can’t cost too much extra.

3rd- This really is a matter of the rule of law! Why should one specific group of people (illegal aliens) be exempt from following the law? The police will only be asking immigration status in the line of their regular duties.

Would you please explain why we should ignore this?

23. The Patriot said on 30 Jun 2007 at 10:32 am:

I agree with Maureen 100%! I will be more than happy for an officer to ask me what my legal status is. I have nothing to hide. If they ask everyone that question…we maintain the equality factor (and avoid the so-called “racial profiling”). Additionally, I think that if someone applies for social benefits (welfare, WIC, foodstamps, etc.) they should have to produce legal paperwork to get the benefits.

24. Legal2 said on 30 Jun 2007 at 10:37 am:

Last fall, Ron Paul introduced legislation, in his words “that would amend the Constitution and end automatic birthright citizenship. The 14th amendment was ratified in 1868, on the heels of the Civil War. The country, especially the western territories, was wide open and ripe for homesteading. There was no welfare state to exploit, and the modern problems associated with immigration could not have been imagined.

Our founders knew that unforeseen problems with our system of government would arise, and that’s precisely why they gave us a method for amending the Constitution. It’s time to rethink birthright citizenship by amending the 14th amendment.”

Sounds like a great idea to me and we need to keep pressure on our reps to stop the nonsense like amnesty and anchor babies, and go forward with real changes that are meaningful in our times.

25. park'd said on 30 Jun 2007 at 10:38 am:

Scout: I also think you underestimate just how quickly illegals will leave this area once they see their buddies being hauled off to jail/deportation proceedings. If they know we mean business then it is my firm belief that they will leave this area most riki-tick. The data shown from other localities that have adopted these hard line tactics supports this belief. Couple this with the savings we will see in all other areas once they are gone, then I believe we will see a windfall of revenue once they start enforcing the law. I just hope that when Manassas runs them out of town that they don’t scurry over to the park where the useless local government has proven time and time again that they are in open support of anarchy in the support of illegal aliens and corporate greed.

26. Lafayette said on 30 Jun 2007 at 10:53 am:

park’d
    Check out this website for the City of Manassas Park, I haven’t taken a good look at it yet. It does have Codes & Ordinances. Please, let me know if this helps you.

27. park'd said on 30 Jun 2007 at 11:03 am:

Yes I have been on there before looking for laws about bright lights at night and it was helpful. I saw nothing in there about police and elected officials looking the other way while illegals ravage my town though…

28. Lafayette said on 30 Jun 2007 at 11:35 am:

park’d
    I hope people get involved in the Park and sign up for Help Save Manassas. Well, maybe they(Manassas Park-officials) are in denial, like other localities. I’m going to keep digging.

29. Anonymous said on 30 Jun 2007 at 12:34 pm:

Lafayette -
    It’s great your sister left, but some families, for whatever reasons, simply must or want to stay in MP. You can’t run from these problems - they just spread to other jurisdictions. It’s foolish to encourage people to cut and run.

30. Ted said on 30 Jun 2007 at 1:10 pm:

If the 14th Amendment was interpreted correctly there wouldn’t be a problem. As I understand it the amendment was enacted to protect former slaves and their offspring i.e. regardless of previous servitude, if a person was born here, he/she was an American citizen.

It had nothing to do with conferring US citizenship on the children of non-US citizens who happened to be born on American soil.

31. Lafayette said on 30 Jun 2007 at 1:23 pm:

Anon 12:34
    I know about 10 lifetimers, in the Park, that aren’t going anywhere. We are the same up here in Westgate and Sudley. You can’t escape, my sister went 30 miles from here, and the same is starting to happen there. I don’t think I’ve encouraged anyone to leave, nor would I. I think those of us left here, should work on taking back our community and get involved. I love it here. I wish it looked like it did twenty years ago.

32. AWCheney said on 30 Jun 2007 at 1:26 pm:

Lafayette, I have live in PWC for over 45 years and I can tell you that the “officialdom” in the Park is incredibly corrupt and openly so. They are currently being investigated by the FBI and I have no doubt that, within a few years (public corruption investigations move slowly…they have so many to investigate), most if not all of them will be in jail (if they turn State’s evidence, perhaps they’ll manage probation and HUGE fines). The police in the Park would be downright defensive about interfering with most of their illegals because it might send some of their drug dealers back to Mexico…they’ve already, for all intents and purposes, put one local businessman out of business for having the nerve to be a good citizen and regularly report drug dealing and dealers in his establishment (See Rack & Roll threads on this blog).

No, it’s gotten this bad in the Park because the citizens have closed their eyes and let it get this bad. If you look at the voting records, Manassas Park has the WORST, by far, voter turnout record in the entire County…perhaps the region. Voter apathy got them there…it’s going to take voter awareness to work them out of it.

33. Lafayette said on 30 Jun 2007 at 1:26 pm:

Anon
    I too have many reasons why I can’t leave, even if I wanted to. I certainly understand these types of reason for staying. I sure know I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. I have 5 other relatives in the City and PWC, that aren’t leaving or even planning on it.

34. Lafayette said on 30 Jun 2007 at 1:32 pm:

AWC
    I agree, I think people all over have closed their eyes for far too long, THEY NEED TO OPEN THEIR EYES NOW!!The voters must get to the polls and vote. Thanks for that info on the Park, I knew abut Rack & Roll(that’s just wrong), I’m glad to see they’re being investigated. I also think quite of few voters have moved from the Park in recent years.

35. AWCheney said on 30 Jun 2007 at 1:48 pm:

I’ve run the voter statistics on the Park going back a considerable number of years Lafayette…they’ve always been bad. Initially, it was probably because people considered a home Manassas Park a “starter” home and voted with their feet when they didn’t like what was going on. There’s no excuse for that today. The Park has MANY beautiful homes in it (both the “Old” Park with it’s renovated homes as well as the “New”), and it’s no longer a “starter home” community. The residents who are concerned about their community better start getting out there and actively doing something about it. That’s the only solution which is viable for them…except, of course, voting with their feet again.

36. park'd said on 30 Jun 2007 at 2:10 pm:

I am willing to state with utmost confidence that the park is now probably at least 80% Hispanic with many of those being illegal. I took a random head count the other night as I was driving through the neighborhood and counted the first 20 people that I saw. 15 of 20 were Hispanic and at that point I stopped counting. It will be near impossible to find anyone left here that can vote to get anything done now. The politicians here have it made. A majority of citizenry that basically CAN’T vote and the small remainder that can feel powerless to do anything. There is also no leaving this town now as depressed as its real estate market is. ‘Voting with my feet” was exactly what I had planned to do this spring, but the real estate market soured so quickly that it is now all but impossible to sell a house in the park now. The whole situation is quite the downer.

37. Bryanna said on 30 Jun 2007 at 6:32 pm:

TRENT BARTON is going after CHIEF DEAN because he is doing what he is told. It’s called politic favors. In return he get’s appointed to a seat on a Board and a $7,000 annual paycheck.

CHIEF DEAN is doing what he is told. Corey Stewart and his protege Faisal Gill are pro sanctuary. Stewart knows he will lose his Chairman job in November if he loses votes in Brentsville and Gainesville over this.

STEWART will tell you what you want to hear but don’t count on him to do anything about it. If he wanted to, he can call this entire thing off right now.
    He just has to place a phone to Charlie Dean, there is no policy, it is a directive from the Chairman. DEAN is doing what he is told!

PWC will lose federal funding if the feds knew we had an actual Pro Sanctuary policy, since it isn’t in writing we take the federal funds and the Chairman calls the Chief of Police with verbal directive to adopt the rules of a Sanctuary anyway.

Ask your supervisor, if they say they don’t anything about it, tell em to do their homework on it, and if they won’t they’re in on it.

Developers need immigrants, and politicians need developers.

38. Bryanna said on 30 Jun 2007 at 6:35 pm:

NoVa Scout speaks the truth!

39. Harry said on 1 Jul 2007 at 9:45 am:

I for one, would refuse anyone’s request to “prove” that I am a citizen, exactly what law, regulation, code section, etc, requires me to prove that I am a citizen when stopped by the PWC police?

40. Harry said on 1 Jul 2007 at 9:46 am:

Do all of you carry proof of citizenship with you when driving your car? Exactly what is proof of citizenship?

41. Anonymous said on 1 Jul 2007 at 11:00 am:

I don’t know what the expectation would be… Lord knows you can’t a passport out of the government these days!

42. Lafayette said on 1 Jul 2007 at 11:57 am:

AWC please see The Apartments of Manassas Park, I tried posting here and I couln’t. Thank you.

43. Legal2 said on 1 Jul 2007 at 2:44 pm:

So have you checked out Sunday’s MJM headlines with the Mexican in-your-face back up plan to the failed immigration bill? Somehow we need to hold PWC BOCS accountable for aiding and abetting these illegals. Where was ICE - why weren’t they invited to the party where 700 illegals got their official Mexican papers?

44. Lafayette said on 1 Jul 2007 at 4:13 pm:

Legal2
    I saw that MJM headline and said to my husband “where was ICE?”.There were a couple of letters to the Editor today, in support of Mr. Stirrup’s proposal. There was also an article in the Post(front page,yesterday), with several quotes from admitted ILLEGALS and more evidence to prove the storm door thing(speaking of a house in Manassas, they didn’t say if it was in theCity or PWC). I realize ICE can’t be everywhere, but we do have police and they are on the streets and they aren’t allowed to ask immigrants of their legal status, unless it’s a certain type of crime. I think this should be asked no matter what the crime is. This way the aren’t left roaming our streets to commit a worse crime. One can guess why ICE invited to the party at the Manassas Campus of NVCC, I think most of us know why.

45. Lafayette said on 1 Jul 2007 at 4:19 pm:

correction
    One can ONLY guess why ICE WAS NOT invited…

46. Anonymous said on 2 Jul 2007 at 1:14 pm:

ICE is useless — just as bad as its predecessor the INS. I called INS a few weeks after 9/11 about my sister-in-law’s husband who came to the U.S. from Lebanon on a tourist visa, overstayed that to attend college and grad school, and married my sister-in-law on the same date he had married some other woman a few years earlier in a sham marriage (he never saw that woman again and they apparently divorced at some quicky place in NYC prior to this second marriage). I called INS to report this after he started to abuse my sister-in-law and she had left him, but they couldn’t care less. They refused to even look into this unless my sister-in-law would go in to INS offices and file a complaint!

So, my sister-in-law goes back to this idiot and when my wife and I were helping them pack up to move, I notice he has the Koran on his bookshelf right next to a book on nuclear physics. Now, he’s a med student, so there is a remote possibility that the book was related to his studies, but I’m not all that confident about that.

47. AWCheney said on 2 Jul 2007 at 7:20 pm:

You see, this is the illusion being promoted by the illegal alien supporters/apologists…that opposition to them is purely racial. They are NOT all Hispanics…they come from all over the world. They don’t only slip across the Mexican border…they slip across the Canadian border as well. There is NO racial profiling being suggested by enforcing legitimate immigration regulations. There is no bigotry being suggested here…it is the lawful (legal immigrants) vs. the unlawful (illegal aliens).

48. anon said on 3 Jul 2007 at 1:04 am:

Anon at 6:32 on June 30:

You are incorrect. The Chairman does NOT have the authority to issue a directive without the approval of the Board. Power is vested in the entire Board, not the Chairman. In addition, the Chairman is not the highest-ranking administrator in the County. That role belongs to the County Executive, Craig Gerhart. You seem to be getting our County Board form of government mixed up with a Mayoral form of government found in large cities.

49. Bryanna said on 3 Jul 2007 at 8:36 am:

anon said on 3 Jul 2007 at 1:04 am

Thank you for correcting the information regarding the counties executive leadership. Then the BOCS can overrule the CXO by passing a resolution?

The legitimacy of this effort is still unvalidated. The resolution is being put forth by a Supervisor that must clear his name following the embarassment of the flag incident instigated by Chairman Stewart. Stirrup also faces an Democratic opponent.

Covington will 2nd it because he has no opposition, but his stake in this may be to protect an existing business relationship with the Clerk of Courts and to dodge the threat of a known political puppeteer in Brentsville.

Stewart will support his fellow Republicans on the BOCS as an attempt to redeem himself with Republican voters who are disguisted by his lack of leadership accept when it comes to Faisal Gill.

As much as I agree that something needs to be done to curb illegal immigration, I haven’t heard much intelligent discussion as to where the funding will come from to enforce this. Since our GOP BOCS want us to believe they’re proponents of low taxes and small government how do they expect to fund this effort once the resolution passes? I want to know who is going to pay for this or is it just a bunch of political rhetoric to win votes.

How will this work once the resolution is passed? Will the police identify the illegals, call the law firm of Gill, Galliger and Gahfoor and then Faisal Gill will come rescue them from jail for a large fee? Faisal Gill shouldn’t be able to rescue anyone since by all rights he should have had his drivers license suspended last week in court. His attorney, a partner of Ken Cucinelli, another Republican who has a questionable agenda. Stewart also an attorney who practices International Law appears to have something to gain from this as well by way of a quid pro quo relationship with Cucinelli and Gill.

50. k. o'toole said on 3 Jul 2007 at 2:34 pm:

We already fund the agencies who are supposed to be upholding the law now. People have been telling the BOCS for years that we pay enough already. We want our money managed properly. We don’t want to continue to support non-essential services that are duplications of services elsewhere. A good example is the Commission for Women which paid a parttime director approx. 32K/year. That office fielded calls that basically were referred to other boards & commissions already doing the actual work requested. The CforW dissolved, but not before the director took over for the Human Rights Commission and increased her salary by about $50K. That was a few years ago. Who knows how much they pay now. The waste in PWC (not that it isn’t all over the country) for the boards and commissions is outrageous. When the liberals’ budgets get tight, they always play the “cut back on essential services” card such as hours at the DMV, police and fire departments. When asked to follow through on what should already be in place (such as verifying a person’s right to services), they complain that it will cost money or sombody might get mad - like the people not entitled to them. Without the millions of illegals who have the welcome mat rolled out for them, we wouldn’t have all the extra expenses of road improvements, trailers needed for overcrowded schools, legal citizens standing in line behind the illegals for ER visits, etc., etc., etc.

51. Bryanna said on 5 Jul 2007 at 3:35 pm:

Tuesday is fast approaching and we need to get John Stirrup enough support on the Board to pass this resolution. It is too close for comfort.

The stats are as follows:
    2 yes Stewart and Stirrup
    2 maybe Caddigan and Covington
    2 No Jenkins and Barg
    2 unknown May and Nohe

I suggest that any supervisor who doesn’t support this on Tuesday be voted out in November and if they do no have an opponent, I’m sure Ham Sandwich has a cousin.

Please email BOCS@PWCGOV.ORG today.

52. Bryanna said on 5 Jul 2007 at 3:46 pm:

Nohe vs. “write in” candidate Salami Sandwich

May vs. Gray

Barg (Principi) vs. Royse

John Jenkins vs. “write in” Bologne Sandwich

53. AWCheney said on 5 Jul 2007 at 4:02 pm:

Give Marty Nohe a break here folks…his wife Kris is due to have her baby today (the way he talked, sounded like she would be going in for a C-Section, but I didn’t ask). He is considerably distracted right now, and not one to make snap decisions regarding anything with far-reaching effect without looking into it very carefully (last I heard, that’s supposed to be the conservative way). Let them at least have the weekend before you castigate him.

54. Legal2 said on 5 Jul 2007 at 9:41 pm:

Any chance there won’t be a quorum on 7/10 if Nohe isn’t back after the “new addition”? And possibly supervisors on vacations? BTW, did anyone see the interview on channel 28 with Covington? Sounds like he wants to do something, hold a town hall meeting where both sides can be heard, and he mentioned Richmond doing something. Hope he doesn’t pass the buck.

55. Greg L said on 5 Jul 2007 at 11:27 pm:

That shouldn’t be a problem, although if he misses we’d lose what I expect to be a favorable vote. It looks like Maureen Caddigan is at least leaning in favor, and Mike May seems positive, so if we can keep them solid, we have our likely five votes even if Marty is working on more important things on July 10th.

56. Anonymous said on 7 Jul 2007 at 11:37 am:

I sent an e-mail earlier this week. Heard back immediately from Mr. Nohe and Mr. Stewart, whose e-mail were not form letters, but thoughtful responses to the specific issues I brought up. Mr. Jenkins e-mail was a “call your feds” form e-mail that leaves me unclear as to whether or not he even read what I said.

I am particularly impressed with Mr. Nohe, who responded the same day his wife gave birth…

57. Anonymous said on 14 Oct 2007 at 2:48 pm:

my name is danny tate with the policy to crackdown on illegal and yes cut off funded services to illegal now it is critical issue i am a taxpayer please do stop illegal