More Media Coverage

By Greg L | 29 July 2007 | Illegal Aliens, Blogs | 19 Comments

UPDATE: I will be on Fox 5 news at 11PM also.  Be sure to check it out.

I’m going to be on MSNBC again, and so far it’s looking like three interviews between 12:30 and 2:15PM tomorrow. I should hear about the schedule for CNN tomorrow, and will provide details when I get them.

Given my experience in the last interview on MSNBC, this might end up being fairly interesting.

Also, it looks like the Washington Post article by Nick Miroff got picked up by the Associated Press and has been appearing elsewhere. If anyone local still has the printed edition of the Post article, please drop me a line. Since I was on vacation when that ran, I still haven’t seen it.

And the more conservative media? I haven’t heard a thing. Strange.

1. Advocator said on 29 Jul 2007 at 11:39 pm:

As I said before, these guys are NOT your friends, Greg. They’re out to discredit you, one way or another. That’s why you haven’t heard from the conservatives, yet. That’s not their agenda.

2. manassascityresident said on 29 Jul 2007 at 11:52 pm:

I sent an email to Sean H. asking him why he (or anyone at FOX) hasn’t reported anything on this story. I wonder if I’ll ever hear anything back.

3. Greg L said on 29 Jul 2007 at 11:56 pm:

Advocator, I’ve definitely learned that an encounter with the press isn’t necessarily a friendly experience. So far it’s gone pretty well from my side of the camera.

4. Anonymous said on 30 Jul 2007 at 12:07 am:

Good luck Greg.

5. cominius said on 30 Jul 2007 at 12:17 am:

Article: Blog shapes immigration debate
    Appears in Sunday 7/29/07 Daily Press in Newport News. Prominently mentions BVBL, but blows pseudonymous cover, with full name and background. Comments on aspects of the Hazelton PA ruling will be covered at Virginian Federalist 7/30.

6. Lafayette said on 30 Jul 2007 at 1:52 am:

Greg
    Come by…I got a copy for you.

7. Scott said on 30 Jul 2007 at 10:13 am:

MSNBC is flat out lying right now, they are saying that we are trying to deny illegals access to schools and pools which is not what is happening right now. Apparently the illegals are planning a month long boycott of non Latino businesses starting next month. Maybe every legal citizen should boycott any and all businesses that cater to illegal aliens as well as hire them.

8. park'd said on 30 Jul 2007 at 10:27 am:

We all SHOULD be doing that already. I know I do. We all should also be coming down HARD on companies that we see that pick up and hire day laborers. I got into it one day with some clown that stopped at 7-11 and picked up a truck load of illegals. I told him he was destroying the country and that what he was doing was illegal. He looked at me and said, “Give me a break man, I’m just trying to make a living”. $10,000 fine per illegal after the first offense is what I say. You get one warning, a single warning, and then its fine and jail time. Good luck with your interviews Greg. You really should think about running for office at this point. Mayor of Manassas Park would be my first choice. Then maybe we could clean up this cesspool.

9. Scott said on 30 Jul 2007 at 11:08 am:

They have John Liss on there again, he is comparing illegals to the civil right movement. Looks like MSNBC is on his side.

10. Scott said on 30 Jul 2007 at 11:10 am:

There he went again, Liss just said that the law is built on hate and racism. They are planning on protests and challenges, it is time for us to fight back and fight hard.

11. Scott said on 30 Jul 2007 at 12:43 pm:

I just saw Greg’s interview, they did not attack him like I thought they would. It was a much more neutral interview.

12. W said on 30 Jul 2007 at 6:02 pm:

This is crazy …All we want is for immigrants to obey the U.S. laws. Us legal U.S. citizens are law abiding, and if WE were are’nt , we’d be in jail!! How can they feel they have rights if they didn’t come here to our country legally? Why does it even go beyond that point?

W.

13. Dolph said on 30 Jul 2007 at 8:02 pm:

Greg did a nice job,

14. Lafayette said on 30 Jul 2007 at 11:06 pm:

Greg L is on Channel 5 now!!

15. manassascityresident said on 30 Jul 2007 at 11:16 pm:

He did a nice job…

16. kaiserinamanda said on 30 Jul 2007 at 11:18 pm:

I saw you on Fox5, and I am so proud of you. I have been SCREAMING for illegal immigration reform, I have been e-mailing my congresspeople, and senators, the governor of Virginia, and have been keeping up with all of it as best i can. Of course, nothing has been done. I think we, the American citizens, need to organize protests, boycott businesses that cater to illegals, and call ICE every single time there is a violation until something is done. I have called the cops repeatedly on my illegal neighbors, and will continue to do so until something is done. I am sick to death of not being able to walk down my street without being hooted and hollered at by out-of-control illegals, I am sick of the illegals next door screaming all night and day…I am sick of being repeatedly cursed out in Spanish, because I do not speak Spanish, in AMERICA (as a German with German-speaking family that immigrated here legally, I don’t even speak my OWN language, why would I speak YOURS?), I am just sick of our country being RUINED by these common criminals, and we, the American citizens and taxpayers, need to protest our asses off until our ELECTED officials do something about it! The richest 1% are profiting off selling out our country to these people, and the criminals that hire them, and we need to take a stand. PLEASE organize a protest, I can personally guarantee at LEAST 100 people from me alone that will come. I bet THOUSANDS will show up, especially if you link to other blogs, and make a tag that I can send to others, and put on my Myspace, etc. PLEASE, we need you to help our country, and please feel free to contact me if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you. I live in Alexandria, so I will jump to it. Just let me know. Tsarinaamanda@yahoo.com

17. Anonymous said on 31 Jul 2007 at 7:58 am:

Are we forgetting who brought this all to a head? Cheif Deane has slipped from the spot light. Does anyone besides me still think he needs to go???

18. manassascityresident said on 31 Jul 2007 at 5:37 pm:

Anonymous -
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! I do.

19. Anonymous said on 1 Aug 2007 at 10:30 am:

Anon
    I am starting to think we are the only ones. We need to make sue he stays in the spot light since he really has a lot to do with this issue boiling over.
    How do we get the word out and remind everyone????