Where To Find An Illegal Alien…

By Greg L | 29 July 2007 | Illegal Aliens, Prince William County | 27 Comments

Here’s an interesting classified ad in the Manassas Journal-Messenger:

BUSINESS AND SERVICE DIRECTORY: SERVICES OFFERED

DAY LABORERS $10 hourly, all skills You transport. PW Pkwy & US Rt 1

Publication Date: 20-Jul-07

I’m sure if I ask the MJM who placed this ad I’m not likely to get a response, but I’m sure an alert reader can help us figure out what’s going on over at the junction of Prince William Parkway and Route 1 and who is operating a day laborer center there.

There are all sorts of possibilities here.

1. manassascityresident said on 29 Jul 2007 at 3:21 pm:

I know exactly where it is. My mom lives in Woodbridge and everytime I take her for any of her appts. we pass the 7-11 on the corner of rt. 1 and the parkway/Longview Drive. I always tell her I’m going to stop and check green cards….

2. BL said on 29 Jul 2007 at 6:39 pm:

14 Reasons to Deport Illegal Aliens…

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year. http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens. http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English! http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for
    welfare & social services by the American taxpayers. http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that’s two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the United States http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroine and marijuana, crossed into
    the U. S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, “estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.” http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin. http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14. “The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States “. http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

So using the LOWEST estimates, the annual cost OF ILLEGAL ALIENS is $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR! So if deporting them costs between $206 and $230 BILLION DOLLARS, Hell get rid of em’, We’ll be ahead after the 1st year!!!

3. Fed Up said on 29 Jul 2007 at 6:40 pm:

This has been going on for over a year.Many days there are more than 20 there.Also on Sat. and Sunday. They are there almost all day. There was a big round with the Supervisor from Woodbridge. Finally the 7-11 issued that they could be there till 10AM and after that the 7-11 could call the police. It then had to do with trespassiing. But apparently 7-11 did not call and they keep building up in numbers.Unity in the Community and a apparent parishner from the Church next door said they could loaf around in their parking lot.They never asked them to come in and when people started complaining,
    nothing more was heard from the church or the mouth piece of Unity. Also The Woodbridge Workers has been very involved with assist of Ricardo Jariez,Nancy Lyal plus others as Casa de Maryland. The same bunch that came out to talk at the Supervisors meeting.
    The residents around here quit going to the 7-11 over a year ago,as they did not want to hear the insulting remarks.
    This group think nothing of urinating there under the trees and against the side of the 7-11.
    This group is also the ones involved with the march from Potomac H.S. to Totos Market ,near Featherstone.One of the Dept. Heads at Social Services or
    Human Services also was leading the march.We tried to find out if he got paid for the day, as well as the teachers who walked. It was a horrible thing to have those kids walking along busy Rt. One with no sidewalks and very unstable footing of dirt along the way.
    I can not understand why the Police can’t go there and ask them to leave and not to come back. If this was a crowd of teenagers hanging out for a short time,people would call the Police and they would respond.

4. meinwb said on 29 Jul 2007 at 7:49 pm:

Fedup: Good history on the sites. I have lived here (Marumsco area) almost 40 years. We use to be able to ride our bikes to the 7-11 as kids and through the woods around the church. I wouldn’t dare let my children anywhere near there now!!! We use to ride to the ball fields and get candy from the concession stand, ride across Rt-1 and cross the tracks to Veterans Pool—can’t let the kids do that now. The day laborers are even there on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you look closely enough from time to time you can see the group huddled a circle between the dumpster and the 7-11 building rolling dice. The woods around the 7-11 and the church are full of trash. Absolutely disgusting.

Unfortunately the police can’t enforce on private property based on non property owner complaints of people standing around (yes I agree if it was a bunch of kids it might get their attention at first). Simply put it is the property owners who allow the people on their property. I am sure that if the OWNERS of the properties were to step up and say enough is enough and that they don’t want the people on their property and they were willing to press charges for trespass that the police would assist the property owners just as they would any other person.

The two properties are as follows:

Property behind 7-11 including the church:
    Parcel Address:
    1550 PRINCE WILLIAM PY
    Owner:
    MARUMSCO NEIGHBORHOODS LLC
    11111 SUNSET HILLS RD STE 200
    RESTON, VA 20190
    Their Registered Agent (according to the state corporation commission):
    Stuart M Ginsberg……Google him and see who he is Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel for…..it doesn’t look like it is a church.

7-11
    Parcel Address:
    13990 JEFFERSON DAVIS HY
    Owner:
    SOUTHLAND CORP
    PO BOX 711
    DALLAS, TX 752210711

Do the words BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT mean anything???? We stopped shopping at 7-11’s YEARS AGO!!!!

5. TH said on 29 Jul 2007 at 7:55 pm:

Why are you trying to find them? I read that they live next to you and that the easy way to find them is that they are brown.
    You know I am kidding. I have asked the question many times but people don’t answer. Again, even if you go to those places, How do you identify an illegal alien? Please respond.

6. ddpdrinker said on 29 Jul 2007 at 8:02 pm:

Meinwb: You need to find out who the member(s) are of the LLC are - those are the important people and decision makers of the LLC. Registered agents are only contact points for the corporations or LLCs for service purposes or SCC purposes and normally are not involved with the company in my experience.

7. anon said on 29 Jul 2007 at 8:13 pm:

Per edgar online, Marumsco Neighborhoods LLC is otherwise known as Stanley Martin LLC - as in Stanley Martin, the home builder - which is currently building in 5 communities (soon to be 6) in PWC: http://www.stanleymartin.com/

8. freedom said on 29 Jul 2007 at 8:27 pm:

I’ll answer, TH….:) :)

It doesn’t really matter a whit if I can determine if they are here legally or illegally….and it doesn’t matter if they’re brown, green or purple. What DOES matter is if they are here as a result of legal process. If they (or you or me) are not, then they have a home and it ain’t here…and that’s where they should be. We do have a process to make that determination.

It would be a wonderful thing if the people of this country could take care of all the world’s impoverished…giving them jobs, health care, welfare, social security and all of those things. It really would be nice! We don’t like to see people in need, and I know, most of them are very nice and loving people…but quite simply, WE CAN’T!! …like to or not, we simply CAN’T!

So, where do you “draw the line”?? Citizenship and cutting services for those who can’t demonstrate that status sounds like a pretty good place to me, what ya think?

9. meinwb said on 29 Jul 2007 at 8:45 pm:

Ddpdrinker:
    Sorry I was being facetious. Stuart M Ginsberg is (or was in recent times) THE Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel for Stanley Martin.

Anon:
    That is exactly what I had found as well. They had a sign up in that location for a number of months and then took it down.

The real estate assessment still shows that parcel as A-1. I do not know if it has gone through the rezoning yet….that could be an interesting one…..A business (day labor site per the advertisement) and a church on A-1 (agricultural) in down town Woodbridge (Rt-1 and the Parkway) not much agricultural use going on there…I wonder if they have permits to be there???

Marumsco Neighborhoods LLC also owns several other parcels running behind the stores that front Rt-1.

Perhaps Marumsco Neighborhoods LLC could really “work hard to earn our trust” (as their web site states) and help clean up their property and keep it clean.

10. NoVA Scout said on 29 Jul 2007 at 11:15 pm:

As one who did some day laboring in my youth (and who was born in the USA), I am amazed at the way so many of the commenters here can tell an illegal on sight. I never can. Either I’m the most oblivious person in the world, or the majority of you have super-powers. So if I want to make some extra money tomorrow and show up at this 7-11, do I lose my citizenship?

11. Greg L said on 29 Jul 2007 at 11:37 pm:

Given that our experience with other day laborer centers, both formal and informal, is that the overwhelming majority of those seeking employment were illegal aliens, it’s pretty reasonable to express concern, I’d think.

I’m sure you’d get through an I-9 screening if you wanted to make an extra buck or two, though. You’ve got a drivers license and a valid social security card I’m sure, since you already have legal employment.

How does one supposedly lose their citizenship by seeking employment at a day laborer center?

12. freedom said on 30 Jul 2007 at 5:23 am:

Geeeeeeeeez Greg….he’s just being ridiculous….he knows better. :(

13. Legal2 said on 30 Jul 2007 at 8:22 am:

How about stiff fines for the business owners (7-11, church, etc.) who allow the loitering which results in public urination, cat calls (harassment) and excessive trash blowing onto other properties which the business owners do NOT own? Perhaps “HelpSaveWoodbridge members” can start calling the police, etc. to file complaints.

14. Legal2 said on 30 Jul 2007 at 8:24 am:

The 7-11 and church are becoming “nuisances”.

15. NoVA Scout said on 30 Jul 2007 at 8:56 am:

Remember “Waterworld” with Kevin Costner? (I thought it was a pretty good film, but then again, I was pretty high on “Heaven’s Gate” also). The barbaric remnants of human civilization could tell that Costner was an alien merman just by looking behind his ears for gills (he had ‘em). Otherwise, he was indistinguishable from the air-breathing surface dwellers.

Back to the matter at hand. I do have a driver’s license, but my Social Security Card probably disintegrated long ago. I’m self-employed presently (have been for about twenty years), so my best bet, I guess, would be to show up with a US Passport. I just wouldn’t want it assumed that because I go to a day laborer site, I am, ergo, an unauthorized entrant. I probably could get it straightened out, but I’d lose a lot of time, keep the investigators (especially if they are local police) from doing something more important and essential to the community’s well-being, and cost the taxpayors money that probably ought to be spent on other things.

16. anon said on 30 Jul 2007 at 9:47 am:

Are day laborers mostly illegals? Well, let’s ask Andres Tobar, the executive director of the group that runs the Arlington County day laborer center:

“In Arlington, day laborers aren’t asked about their immigration status, and Tobar acknowledges that most aren’t legal.”

From the Daily Press, August 20, 2005.

17. Justbelegalfirst said on 30 Jul 2007 at 11:32 am:

I just drove by the 7/11 at Rt. one and Pr Wm. Parkway and there must be three dozen day laborers hanging around. They spill out onto the sidewalk on Longview Drive. There were another dozen about 200 yrds north on Rt. One at Rico’s Taco also hanging around. Others are gathered over behind the Five Guy’s across Rt. One in Marumsco Plaza.

This situation has been like this for quite a while. One time the police did respond and arrested a dozen or so for loitering/trespassing and several actually were turned over to ICE and deported but the Station commander got a lot of grief over his actions and must have been told to stop the enforcement.

18. Dolph said on 30 Jul 2007 at 4:54 pm:

If you really want to find one, go sit outside any school that is having summer sessions.

19. Rick Bentley said on 31 Jul 2007 at 11:33 am:

Over at the 7-11 on Coverstone every day, by the dozens … off 234. I’m tempted to hire a dozen or so, and bus them over to All Saints Church, tell them the people there have some odd jobs for them to do, then drive off.

20. cw said on 31 Jul 2007 at 3:05 pm:

The comment about “well, how can you tell they are illegal?” continues to surface. That somehow racism is involved. Well frankly if the Police, Employers, Schools, Government, Businesses, etc. were allowed to ask and to check we would find out wouldn’t we? Maybe folks don’t want the public to know, it’s so much easier just to hide behind a broad claim of racism.

It seems strange to me that the communities that illegal aliens move in contiune to harbor and provide safe havens for them instead of turning them out, and then turn around and feel put upon when they are lumped into the broad category of “illegals”.

One can’t have it both ways. If you believe anyone should be able to walk into the country without any screening or procedures and become an instant citizen just say so. If you believe that no one should be deported under any circumstance, just say so. If you believe that having false identities is perfectly fine, just say so. I could go on but anyone can see how this goes. Why hide behind the broad charge of “racism” when you just have to say what you really mean…Mexico Solidarity Front.

21. Lafayette said on 31 Jul 2007 at 4:58 pm:

Rick B.
    I live in West Gate, the Coverstone 7-11 is almost as bad as the 7-11, at PWC Pkway & Route 1. I love you idea about taking them to All Saints, the church would welcome and harbor them like other churches. Here’s a video you must watch. Enjoy!
    It’s all perfectly legal!!!!!!!

22. Dave in PWC said on 31 Jul 2007 at 6:06 pm:

I wrote a letter to the Southland Corporation back in November to complain about the 7-11s on Coverstone and at the corner of Ashton and Balls Ford. After a couple of weeks I saw that all the day workers had moved off the 7-11 property onto the surrounding areas, until a work truck arrived and then it was surrounded and the guy couldn’t get out of his truck to go inside to buy morning coffee or whatever he was trying to do.

When I was working in Fairfax and was stopped at the light leading to Sudley I would take a disposable camera out and fake like I was taking pictures of them, many of them noticed and hid their faces or bolted away from the road. Why would they try and hide their faces if they weren’t illegally here?

23. Dolph said on 31 Jul 2007 at 8:20 pm:

There is a world of difference between going to Sheetz on Mathis Avenue and going to the 7-11 on the corner of Mathis and Liberia in the morning. I won’t even drive onto the parking lot of the 7-11. Too much loitering and crude remarks. I have never encountered that behavior at Sheetz.

24. Lafayette said on 31 Jul 2007 at 10:33 pm:

Dave in PWC is right these “day workers or nice hard working family folks” will must definately hide their faces if they see a camera. I’ve got pictures of so much lawlessness around here it’s down right sickening. If they aren’t illegal they sure act like it.
    While in Jessup,MD today I couldn’t help but notice, they just might have more non English speakers than we do here in Manassas. Well three house have vacated on my street since 7/10/2007, and it looks like they are heading accross the Potomac on into “The Free State”.

25. a nonny mouse said on 1 Aug 2007 at 1:04 pm:

“Dave in PWC is right these “day workers or nice hard working family folks” will must definately hide their faces if they see a camera.”

I bought a house in Fredericksburg back in 2002, when the home inspector was taking pictures (it had been a rental property and the tenants were there) the wife covered her face as he was taking photos. Very odd.

Also very odd were the letters from all the Virginia government aid agencies that continued to be delivered there. Guess the tenants couldn’t have been bothered to leave a forwarding address for their government cheese.

Oh, yea–the house was pretty trashed. I got it for a decent price, but wow, I was amazed that anyone would willingly live in those conditions. Guess it’s still better than what they had back home, though.

26. Ugly Angel said on 4 Aug 2007 at 10:20 am:

I believe that it is against the law to urinate on the ground because of the Chesapeake Bay watershed rules. Also, isn’t throwing trash on the ground and letting it blow all over the neighborhood a public nuisance?

But the police don’t let your inspection sticker go one single day over the time limit without flipping on the lights and sirenes and giving you a ticket.

For those who have connections, have the county politicians given the police instructions to leave the illegals alone?

Get Legal
    or Adios!

Ugly Angel

27. 4kidzanadog said on 4 Aug 2007 at 2:07 pm:

Rick Bently, As a member of All Saints Church do not assume that all Catholics are supportive of illegals. Just because some heads of the church support illegals does not mean that the entire Catholic community shares the same opinion. In fact, illegals are breaking two of the Ten Commandments by being in this county ILLEGALY!

Views: 2057