Blogger Happy Hour In Prince William

By Greg L | 28 August 2007 | Blogs, Prince William County | 36 Comments

A number of Virginia bloggers are interested in gathering in Prince William County to support or business community and stick their finger in the eye of the boycott being coordinated by Mexicanos Sin Fronteras.  Please join me and other Northern Virginian bloggers at Logan’s Road House on Route 234 Saturday evening from 8-9PM for an informal opportunity to meet with the opinion leaders in Northern Virginia, as well as a number of elected officials who are interested in joining us.

The address is 7731 Donegan Drive, Manassas VA 20109, and their phone number is (703) 369-0244.

1. John Light said on 28 Aug 2007 at 4:34 pm:

I guess if there are any spies, THEY will be ordering Tequilia??? lol

2. AWCheney said on 28 Aug 2007 at 4:47 pm:

If I am able to come, I’ll have the family in tow…son is coming home from school for the weekend and nephew is coming to visit from NC.

3. freedom said on 28 Aug 2007 at 6:06 pm:

Yeah, John…that is, if they can get ahold of your credit card!! :)

4. Dean Settle said on 28 Aug 2007 at 8:23 pm:

Man, as much as I’d love to attend…I am in San Diego then.
    Can we do this again with more warning?

5. manassascityresident said on 28 Aug 2007 at 9:17 pm:

Not hardly OH MY, not hardly - nice try though…..

[Ed note: the post this refers to has been deleted.]

6. Dave B. said on 28 Aug 2007 at 9:36 pm:

Beat it troll.

[Ed note: the post this refers to has been deleted.]

7. Joe Budzinski said on 28 Aug 2007 at 9:49 pm:

Darn, wish I could be there, but I have to do something else that night.

8. dolph said on 29 Aug 2007 at 7:57 am:

Greg,

Inside or outside gathering?

9. John Light said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:50 am:

AW - don’t worry, they won’t get anywhere near it - lol. I am REALLY hoping that I am able to get out there, if not, please know that you all are in my thoughts while I make a late dinner for the boys (soccer tryouts tonight until 8pm in Franconia).

10. Greg L said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:09 am:

Probably outside, but that’s going to depend on where space is available.

11. Lafayette said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:59 am:

Dolph
    Do you really care if it’s inside or outside? Just be THERE!!!
    #13 Will be there-lol

12. Josh said on 29 Aug 2007 at 11:37 am:

I’ll be there!

Josh

13. Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2007 at 3:32 pm:

Lafayette,

You know why I care if it is inside or outside….ahem…

grin. I will be there after the big bday party.

14. Deport-em-ALL! said on 29 Aug 2007 at 4:21 pm:

Sounds like a GREAT idea. I will be there as well if I can.

15. AWCheney said on 29 Aug 2007 at 7:21 pm:

Anonymous, Logan’s has a nice smoking area in the bar. We’re all covered either way. ;-)

16. Joe heinzinger said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:29 pm:

I hope you guys don’t order anything to eat. Who do you think works behind the sceens in the restaurants along 234? The immagrant community you guys have pissed off. The white teens greet you and seat you while the hispanic cleans your dish. I remember 234 in 1988 when fast food was so desperate that jobs were offered @ 7 dollars an hour? The service sucked also. The feds let them in people. I doubt that many of you would go out as frequently as you do now if the wages kept pace with inflation. We can’t have a free lunch people. Thats the reality.

17. redawn said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:37 pm:

Joe,
    I am still absorbing your comment. I worked at York Steak House in Manassas Mall, as a teenager and I remember what some teenage,even young 20 somethings would do! You make a VALID POINT.

Everyone knows that it is the risk you take boycott or no boycott. That worry is on a daily basis. ICK~

18. John Light said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:09 pm:

As a former Infantryman and someone who has been to Bangkok, Thailand, when it comes to food - bring it on - lol

19. redawn said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:20 pm:

John,

Iron (stomach) man?- Black sabbath, lol!

20. AWCheney said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:06 pm:

I’ve done some traveling in my time as well Redawn, and you haven’t lived until you eat something that is staring back at you. I must admit, I closed my own eyes…but it was REALLY good!

21. Mike Austin said on 30 Aug 2007 at 2:52 am:

Hey Greg, Why don’t you guys have your happy hour at Rack & Roll?

22. redawn said on 30 Aug 2007 at 8:05 am:

AWCheney,
    That is funny :) I tried dried squid the other day that a friend of mine was eating, didn’t like it but I gave it a try. My goodness, we even have to worry about what we feed our pets now a day. :)

Mike,
    I think you bring up a good point- Rack & Roll~

23. Casanova Frankenstein said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:39 am:

I see that the pathetic Ben Tribbett is trying to lay claim to a piece of this.

Isn’t he the jerk that knocked “Help Save Fairfax” in a post just a few weeks ago, saying it wasn’t an organization that he’d ever join and that if he wasn’t covering the meeting for his blog that he wouldn’t have even attended it?

24. Anonymous said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:42 am:

Tribbett will show up, have a few drinks and start calling all conservatives there no better than pedophiles as he and his buddy are prone to do lately.

25. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:23 pm:

AWC,

eeeewwwwww! re dried squid.

What is being done to get this China import mess cleaned up? Every single day on tv I hear about some product, regardless of how seemingly innocuous, being recalled. Today’s violation is an art set for kids.

I am not trying to be an isolationists here, but why are all these products being imported? I would gladly pay more for something made in America under our standards than kill off my children, grandchildren and pets.

If I know a product is made in China, I simply will not buy it now. A little part of me thinks they are trying to kill us all off. Actually, I just think they are slobs with no standards and have very little accountability.

26. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:24 pm:

correction: an isolationist (not plural)

27. Lafayette said on 30 Aug 2007 at 6:36 pm:

AWC
    You are exactly right about Logan’s large smoking area. The whole bar is smoking to be exact. We’ll have to share an ashtray or two. We hope to make it!

28. Lafayette said on 30 Aug 2007 at 7:05 pm:

Mike Austin
    Once again you bring up a very VALID point. It’s a long weekend after all. Perhaps, folks will drop by the Rack & Roll anyways. Dave R. has made a generous offer. We should try to enjoy his offer. Does anyone else remember the Jerry’s Subs that used be where Guapo’s is? Or before that a Holly Farms Chicken place? Anyways, Dave ran the Jerry’s Subs. He may have even owned it. I’m sorry Dave I don’t remember which it was. However, Dave R.has been invested in that shopping center for decades now.
    You deserve OUR support!!!

29. AWCheney said on 30 Aug 2007 at 8:13 pm:

You are absolutely correct Lafayette! Additionally, thanks to the machinations of the Manassas Park City Council in collusion with the MP Police, David has not only lost everything he has invested, but everything he had earned over those decades…savings, real estate, even personal property. He has nothing left, fighting the good fight on principle. His legal fees are more than many, if not most, people earn in a lifetime. He most certainly deserves our support, and could certainly use a few pats on the back and a thank you for fighting that good fight while the rest of us sat complacently by. Do you really believe that the citizens of the Park would know as much about the corrupt nature of their government as they do now if it were not for him?

30. Lafayette said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:09 pm:

AWC
    Thank you. Thanks to Dave for sheddding some light on the corruption that plagues the Park. Otherwise, the legal residents would remain in the dark. The MP City Council and MPPD are still in the dark.

31. redawn said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:22 pm:

Layfayette,

I remember Holly Farms well, they had the BEST potato wedges.

AND

Dolph,
    The dried squid…yep, EWWWWWWWWWWWWW :)

32. redawn said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:28 pm:

Dave and Rack & Roll have put on new spin on “LET”S ROLL”

33. Lafayette said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:46 pm:

redawn
    Come on now, they were “Holly Taters”. BTW- I have the recipe. Give me a call.

34. T-Bone Hound said on 31 Aug 2007 at 1:46 am:

I am surprised this is not being held at the Rack N Roll.

Geeze…lip service support.

35. dolph said on 31 Aug 2007 at 8:53 am:

T-bone,

Perhaps the venue of Happy Hour speaks to the target of the boycott which is Prince William County. Logans is in the county. Rack N Roll is in MP.

MC and MP have not passed an ordinance. PW Co. has. MWB has not yet figured out that these are 3 distinct jurisdictions.

36. Ms L said on 1 Sep 2007 at 12:06 am:

Iron stomach, eh??? Well, not really lol