Mexicans Without Borders Sends Out The Thugs

By Greg L | 29 August 2007 | Illegal Aliens, Crime, Prince William County | 98 Comments

What would a boycott be without enforcers stalking the parking lots of local businesses and threatening customers?

Operatives of Mexicanos Sin Fronteras have been posting operatives in the parking lots of McDonalds, Wal-Mart and Shoppers Food Warehouse, intimidating anyone who appears to be an immigrant to not enter the premises of these businesses.  They are threatening to record the license plate numbers of those people who aren’t displaying the appropriate level of solidarity with the Zapatista cause, apparently with some success from what I’ve been told.  Unfortunately, my sources are not willing to come forward, which is understandable.

This pretty much destroys the credibility of Mexicanos Sin Fronteras as some innocuous sort of advocacy organization.  First, they start bullying local businesses into supporting their political agenda.  Then they start threatening citizens with vague threats that they will be personally harmed if they don’t follow the Zapatista agenda.  This is an outrage, and is almost certainly a crime.  It doesn’t matter whether they’re threatening lily-white caucasians, or illegal aliens from Guatemala, this atrocious behavior needs to stop, and right now.

While you go out and support the business community in Prince William this week, bring your video camera, and take a moment to survey the parking lot before you go in so you can capture this activity on tape if you observe it.  What you’ll be looking for are people approaching those whose ethnic appearance would suggest they’re part of the immigrant community, who have a discussion with a stranger, and then return to their car and drive away.  I think Help Save Manassas will be willing to provide a cash reward for anyone who can provide evidence, or personal testimony of intimidation which leads to the conviction of anyone who engages in this.

If we can get some solid evidence here, it’s going to be time to start filing criminal complaints.

1. Not4Nothing said on 29 Aug 2007 at 6:49 am:

“Operatives of Mexicanos Sin Fronteras have been posting operatives in the parking lots of McDonalds, Wal-Mart and Shoppers Food Warehouse, intimidating anyone who appears to be an immigrant to not enter the premises of these businesses. ”

Wow. Isn’t that “profiling”? And isn’t profiling a no-no?

2. ManexicoResident said on 29 Aug 2007 at 7:08 am:

“Profiling” can only be committed by lilly white caucasians, it’s a perk like being prone to sun burn.

/sarcasm

3. Bridget said on 29 Aug 2007 at 7:21 am:

*LOL*

A true show of the unwavering confidence they have in their cause ! This is all they have left, folks: The tactics of intimidation.

Whenever anyone tries to make me feeeeel anything … Guilt, Pity, Obligation, Greed, Vanity, Shame, Fear etc. , I know there is a con job going on.

“…intimidating anyone who appears to be an immigrant…” Add this to the Orwelian list:

Racism is now Justice.

So much for the propaganda clap-trap that “We are a nation of immigrants”

4. k. o'toole said on 29 Aug 2007 at 7:33 am:

The police should be called. Also, thanks for the alert of the illegal aliens involved in the rape in Woodbridge Sunday. The MJM heard/read you!

5. Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2007 at 7:43 am:

“…I, for one, would like to see these green notices placed in the windows of our public schools, hospital emergency rooms, health clinics and social service offices.”

That hopeful thought warrants repeating.

6. Dave B. said on 29 Aug 2007 at 7:56 am:

Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones, one of the country’s most outspoken opponents of illegal immigration, has lobbied Washington for better enforcement and deportation of undocumented workers.

“I’ve been saying for 2-1/2 years ‘We’re coming, … don’t hire illegals, don’t violate the law,”‘ Jones told the news conference. “I personally have no sympathy for you whatsoever, None. Zero.”

Excellent Smithers *wiggles fingers*. Sooner or later Virginia politicians will be forced into taking the same type of actions and it will be a grand day for the taxpayers. Hey Libs: I have no problem with you wanting to support the illegals as long as you pay for them with your own money and come take them out of my neighborhood and move them into yours you hypocrites.

7. MadCatter said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:11 am:

I live in Fairfax County (in a section which is fast becoming a day laborer haven), and I just wanted to drop by and let you know that I specifically shopped at Potomac Mills yesterday and the Borders across the street. I also got gas at a PWC gas station, and my husband and I had dinner at a PWC Wendy’s. I didn’t see any instances of intimidation, but I *did* see several Latino families shopping at Potomac Mills. So much for a united front.

Just wanted to let you know that some of us in the immigrant-happy county of Fairfax are supporting the PWC businesses this week, too. If we can do any more shopping in your county this week, we will!

8. manassascityresident said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:22 am:

Thank you, MadCatter!

9. NoVA Scout said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:45 am:

do these guys all walk around PW wearing the ski masks and stick-’em-up bandanas? You seem to have a good supply of photos, but I never see them (at least not in that get-up). Maybe they put that stuff back in their saddlebags when they come to Fairfax.

10. John Light said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:53 am:

“RICHMOND — Illegal aliens comprise between 6 percent and 10 percent of Virginia’s jail population and about 2 percent of the state’s prison population, according to a report released by the state crime commission yesterday.

The 13,735 illegal aliens in jail committed 27,148 offenses in fiscal 2007, according to the report. The majority of offenses for which illegal aliens are held in the state’s jails involved alcohol or the possession of fake identification documents.”

For the complete article, please go to: http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070829/METRO/108290074/1001 (today’s Washington Times)

11. M said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:01 am:

Hey MadCatter, I will also be going into PWC this Sat to spend lots of money even though I live in Loudoun.

12. ddpdrinker said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:11 am:

Hey, what’s Maureen doing today? I have a camera!!!!

13. The Patriot said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:12 am:

Why are we not seeing this kind of action here yet??? Once this starts happening here…we will be able to see tangible results.

14. The Patriot said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:15 am:

We all need to contact our Senators and Reps on this one! Get rid of the incentives!

15. The Patriot said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:18 am:

Again, I repeat, we need this to start happening here if we want to see results! Talk is only talk…let’s get the ball rolling on enforcement. Look at the results.

16. The Patriot said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:20 am:

We don’t need this in our community! We must rid our communities of anything that would be associated with this kind of behavior.

17. Mike said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:40 am:

Does anyone else see the 5th Column assimilating into our country?

18. manassascityresident said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:57 am:

Patriot -
    Great articles - I agree with all - ESPECIALLY the “birthright citizenship” (anchor baby) article. If that were to ever pass - most illegals would not bother to come here! A dream come true….We need to join ranks and get on board!

19. Dave B. said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:16 am:

Mike: IMO the 5th column is and always has been the crooked politicians who have allowed this to happen and are no doubt eyeball deep in profits from it.

20. Patty said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:19 am:

I wonder if Juarez is related to Fidel Castro.

21. Batson D. Belfrey said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:37 am:

“Maybe they put that stuff back in their saddlebags when they come to Fairfax.”

Go ahead and be an apologist for illegal aliens NoVA Scout. I figured out what “NoVA” stands for. “No Va” means “don’t go” in Spanish, as in “don’t go illegals”.

The fact is, MSF and WWC, are indeed member organizations of EZLN. Maybe you missed Greg’s coverage of the WaPo article on Ricardo Jaurez, head of WWC, and Exective member of MSF. It states clearly that he is a Zapatista, and I quote “minus the ski-mask and AK-47″ that signify the organization in Mexico. No, because of people like you “Don’t Go” Scout, Ricardo Jaurez, and the rest of his thugs don’t have to wear their ski-masks here in America. They can practice intimidation in the open.

22. Rob88iX said on 29 Aug 2007 at 11:05 am:

I shopped at the Signal Hill Walmart last night. I only needed to pick up a few things, but then I remembered the boycott and decided to get a bunch of other stuff we needed while I was there, including a new 3×5 Star Spangled Banner for the front porch! The old one was getting pretty faded and I’ve been meaning to replace it.

This was a great time to shop (after 10:00PM) as you could actually move around the aisles easily. No boycott-related intimidation was observed, and I would estimate better than half of the folks in the store were Hispanic.

See you all at the HSM meeting tonight…

Viva USA!

23. freedom said on 29 Aug 2007 at 11:10 am:

Nova Scout, I see that you’re an extremely compassionate person. Therefore, I hereby nominate you as prime candidate # 1 to do the right thing…go south, young man, go south….to Mexico…help those poor people straighten out their own government and social services programs.

Mexico is rich in oil, as you know…and they need you understanding and compasison down there…and when you finish there, move on down into Central America…they need lots of help too!

We love our country and great as it is, we simply can not save all the impoverished of Latin America.

24. monticup said on 29 Aug 2007 at 11:17 am:

M and Madcatter: I live in Maryland but I think I’m going to have to go down to PWC for some heavy duty shopping.

25. Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2007 at 11:27 am:

I’m a long time Prince William County resident and supporter of the fight againest illegal aliens. I think eveyone will find this of interest, my sister who is a teacher in our county passed this on to me. Student enrollments at some Prince Williams County High Schools have decreased by several hundred pupils from last year. She indicated that these schools may have to lay off or reassign teachers as a result of the diminished class sizes (why can’t they give teachers smaller classes?). One can conclude that the “illegals” are keeping their children out of school, hey if it saves us money and gets them to leave it’s a good thing.

26. G Man said on 29 Aug 2007 at 11:31 am:

The Brit Hume segment that had the Help Save Manassas interview is now on YouTube for anyone that missed it. Here is the link:

Thanks.

27. manassascityresident said on 29 Aug 2007 at 11:53 am:

Thanks, G Man -
    I missed it when it was aired - so glad I was able to see it!
    Way to go, Greg!

28. Maureen Wood said on 29 Aug 2007 at 1:01 pm:

When you all are around and about this week, keep your eyes open to see if you find any intimidation going on. I hit these places today and didn’t see anything untoward happening. Why isn’t “stunned” and “lovisa” on here denouncing these intimidation tactic’s? They only speak out when I inform businesses that protesters are on their property? I don’t intimidate I tell the truth and follow up on what I feel is right and just.

Yes, since I have a few days left, I will be around, keeping my eyes open.

29. anon said on 29 Aug 2007 at 1:30 pm:

I also have noticed things seem to be fairly normal while shopping. Looks like the boycott might be a bust, except for the one laundrymat lady who says she is losing 40% of her business. I thought it was ironic that she went into business about 2 1/2 years ago just when the illegals seem to be flooding into the county. I guess that is a business risk to base your entire business plan on the illegal alien population.

School transfers out of PWC are also up. The western end elementary schools are slightly under predicted enrollments thus far this week, which is a big change from last year’s predicament where they were grossly over the predicted enrollments and scrambling for last minute teachers.
    The word is the transfers are headed to addresses in Manassas Park, Stafford, Manassas City and a few to Fairfax.

The schools can make classes smaller but they must maintain a certain threshold. I’m not sure of the exact number the system uses, but for example, it might be 29, so three 2nd grade classes would have to have at least 29 kids each to hire a 4th second grade teacher. So in reverse, a school would have to lose at least 29 2nd grade students to lose that same teacher. If they only lost 25 students, that would be split to give each of the 4 teachers about 22 kids.

30. John Light said on 29 Aug 2007 at 1:41 pm:

NoVA Scout said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:45 am:

I don’t, and won’t, speak for NoVA Scout, but I did not read this as anti-PWC, just an observation. NoVA Scout pointed out that Greg posts the pictures (proof that they do wear the masks), but then observed that they don’t do that in Fairfax (my guess is again, NoVA Scout making an observation).

That being said, it is MY understanding that it is ILLEGAL for ANYONE to wear a skimask in Virginia. That is why you cannot purchase them anymore in the stores. This was done to make it “more difficult” (notice the quotes) to get something to cover the face when holding up a bank.

If I am wrong on this, someone please clue me in. If I am right, then how come the police are not getting them on this violation of the law. There are many laws concerning our cars (violations) that police won’t pull you over for, but if they get you for speeding, it’s a “while I have you pulled over” deal…

31. Mike said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:00 pm:

Dave B.: That may be good for the anti-politician sentiment because it was their inaction that allowed them in but doesn’t do us much good when the 5th Column arises. If you recall, the 5th Column originated in Spain when its enemies infiltrated into its cities only to rise up at a key time to attack.

32. dolph said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:17 pm:

The PWCS numbers being down might just be a false sense of security. They could very well get slammed the first week of school with a raft of new students.

They will probably take a wait and see approach. On the other hand, going out and recruiting? Apparently Freedom High School is going a little overboard to welcome students:

It is one thing to clarify, to make all students feel welcome upon arrival at school. I am not so sure this is how inservice time should be spent.

Perhaps time would be better spent loading up the teachers on a bus for a field trip around the school boundary area, seeing where the students they will be teaching are coming from. It might be a real eye opener.

33. es_la_ley said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:51 pm:

VA Code about wearing masks:

34. Bob Sentz said on 29 Aug 2007 at 3:21 pm:

So, if we see someone wearing a ski mask or something like that we can do a citizen’s arrest?

35. citizenofmanassas said on 29 Aug 2007 at 4:41 pm:

Dolph,

It is not surprising to see this happening given that it is coming from the liberal public school system. Of course if the teachers were smart, which I question at this point, they would realize they are in fact saying only one particular race/ethnic group is worth taking the time to explain all are welcome at the school.

Do you really think they would target white students with the same type of program? Highly unlikely.

36. redawn said on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:09 pm:

dolph said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:17 pm

Dolph, I just read the story. That is BEYOND the call of duty.

37. dolph said on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:26 pm:

redawn,

I thought it was WAY BEYOND the call of duty. That school seems to be rife with problems and has been for some time, if what I read in the papers has all been true.

COM,

Can you ever address any issue without implying one large group of people as stupid or using the term liberal? Can’t we just address the problem using facts rather than pejorative labels?

38. Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2007 at 6:10 pm:

My brother lives in Rippon Landing and my nephew went to Freedom HS for two years. He cannot stand to stay for his senior year and has moved to Fredericksburg to live with his older brother to go to school there for his last year. He is a rather worldly guy, football star, makes friends easily and is able to take care of himself; yet he said he was tired of the daily stress, tension and all around atmosphere of fear there. Drugs, fights, assaults, intimidation and extortion run rampant in that school. This is a pretty sad and serious statement. What must it be like for the less confident kids there?

How can we keep quality teachers in an environment like this? This is the closest thing to an ‘inner city’ school PWC has ever had. Like the kind you see on those movies where the tough new principal comes in and shakes them all up. I’m a product of PWC schools as were my parents and my children. It’s a sad state of affairs when I have to consider paying for private school because it is not safe to send my children to our public schools. This fight is for us but it is more for our children. Consider what we are dealing with now….what will it possibly be like 10-20 years from now?

39. JK said on 29 Aug 2007 at 6:42 pm:

Here is a link to the code section on Mask Prohibition:

And here is a link on Citizen’s Arrest:

So, from what I can tell (I am not a Lawyer) it is legal, at least to some extent, to arrest someone who violates the mask prohibition. Be aware however, that you risk criminal or civil proceedings for excessive force, wrongful imprisonment, etc. should things escalate to that level.

I would advise that if one is to attempt a citizen’s arrest, that they consult with an attorney before hand to get a definitive opinion.

40. Not4Nothing said on 29 Aug 2007 at 7:44 pm:

“Consider what we are dealing with now….what will it possibly be like 10-20 years from now?”

Check out California, formerly the first or second best public school system in the US, now languishing around the bottom with Alabama and Mississippi. That’s where VA schools (and others) are heading……….

41. NoVA Scout said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:17 pm:

Freedom: I was just commenting on the outrageous garb these MSF folks wear down in Prince William. Everytime Greg photographs them at a rally or something down there, they look like they’re about to saddle up and go rob the stage. If they did that in my community, I’d be pretty concerned, too.
    But you make a good point about the economies in Central America. That’s the nub of it, isn’t it? If the situation were reversed, and conditions in the US and, say, El Salvador, were reversed, a whole bunch of us would be heading south and would no doubt cross the borders illegally if there were no efficient means of crossing it legally. Those of you who tell me that you’d punctiliously observe inefficient Salvadorean border formalities instead of feeding your children or parents are not high on my list of folks whose ethics, morality or economic judgement command great respect.

So I take your point, Freedom, and urge all those who are concerned about illegal immigration to join Freedom and me in working diligently to improve economic conditions in Central America and streamlining border controls, (including improving security). Those of us who focus on these issues will do a lot more to “protect” our communities and the image of our Country than those who rail against lack of assimilation and who advocate mass deportations.

42. Dave B. said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:29 pm:

Nova Scout: Given a mirrored alternate reality I probably would migrate if it were as easy to get in there as it is here and as prosperous. You can bet that I would not be taking advantage of my new country and making outrageous demands on it, refusing to learn its language, railing against all its customs, or inciting mass protests for free services. I would keep a low profile and try not to pi$$ off the citizens, unlike this brood that we have here. I would expect my new country to start cracking down on me if I were to do these things. I thought Catholics were taught to honor thy neighbor? I sure aint seeing it.

As the good Sheriff Richard Jones in Ohio said today on live TV when referring to them, “I personally have no sympathy for you whatsoever, None. Zero.”

43. ogoon said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:51 pm:

Excuse me Nova Scout, I don’t mean to be rude but this isn’t about assimilation, though I haven’t seen any attempt at assimilation into our culture. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe this is about breaking our laws. I also disagree with your point that we, as U.S. citizens would be tempted to flee to Central America if roles were reversed. Our country has issues , but when things get really tough here we tend to fight for improvement not flee. I wonder how Mexico and countries in Central America would feel if masses of Americans moved in and then protested their laws. Just how far would we get. I don’t think we would have the option of pressing 1 for English either, speaking of assimilation.

44. citizenofmanassas said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:28 pm:

Dolph,

Maybe I do over use the term liberal, but given who teaches today, it would not be wrong to assign that label to the majority of teachers. The NEA is not for nothing.

45. anon said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:04 am:

There were tons of Latinos in the Wal-Mart this evening off of Liberia. apparently they either don’t care about the boycott, don’t know about it or decided that they would shop wherever they damn well please. Either way, the Marxists lose.

46. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:16 am:

COM,

Most teachers I know are not politically liberal. They are like everyone else. Some are liberal, some are conservative, most are moderate. Most are too darn tired at the end of the day to give a rat’s rear end about politics. All have to play the hand that has been dealt them.

If you only knew how little impact NEA has on the average teacher, I think you might be surprised. I know that the NEA is the whipping boy in ultra conservative circles. To me, it is a waste of energy to devote much time to it in the state of Virginia. I am curious to know if you also vilify AFT?

47. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:19 am:

COM,

Yes, it would not only be wrong but also inaccurate. Where do you get your facts from as to the political affiliation of the majority of teachers? (in Virginia)

48. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:21 am:

COM,

Sorry for the double post. Either bvbl or I were having technical difficulties.

I apologize if I am the culprit.

49. anonymous said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:22 am:

“Those of you who tell me that you’d punctiliously observe inefficient Salvadorean border formalities instead of feeding your children or parents are not high on my list of folks whose ethics, morality or economic judgement command great respect.”

No, I think I’d tell you that I would keep the pants on and avoid having children I do not believe that I could afford to feed.

See, that’s called “planning” and “foresight”. Thinking about how your actions today will affect the what happens tomorrow.

50. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 2:05 am:

Dolph,

The gremlins must be out tonight…

Most teachers are liberal, just as most college professors are liberal, and most members of the news media. The NEA is pretty powerful, and very liberal.

I have a friend who has taught in Northern VA for a number of years, and his father was also a teacher. I am basing my views on what they have told me.

I will have to check out the ATF and let you know how I feel about them.

51. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 2:11 am:

I did a quick check of the AFT and found they seem to be as liberal as the NEA is.

52. Sals said on 30 Aug 2007 at 7:07 am:

NoVA Scout,
    I seriously can’t believe that most of those who cross illegally do it because they can’t feed their children. I do realize that there’s poverty, but the people that I personally know ranged from poor (but not starving) to middle class in their native country. What I see in the news are a lot of people claiming they just want a better life. There is no clause that I know of in the Constitution that requires the USA to bow down to the desires of foreign nationals to have a better life.

53. Dave B. said on 30 Aug 2007 at 7:32 am:

I have read a lot of articles and blogs about illegal immigration in the past few weeks and I can say that the public opinion and messages left on these blogs and articles is OVERWHELMINGLY against illegal aliens. People are sick of these bums. I would say that 80% or more of the responses are all about enforcing the law and kicking them out. There is a huge backlash brewing out there and even libs are heavily in favor of enforcement. I can slowly start to see the light and the end of the tunnel, and the red carpet is about to get officially rolled up on these losers.

54. NoVA Scout said on 30 Aug 2007 at 8:05 am:

Vast economic disparities between Central America and the US are what cause the problem. Attack that, throw in meaningful border security and efficient crossing procedures, and you’ll solve the problem. Sure beats hell out of a bunch of pandering GA or BOCS types hoping to scam you guys into thinking they have a “strong agenda” when they talk big and do nothing (the pols you’re too emotionally overwrought on this issue to notice and will vote for them anyway. The-transportation-tax-scam-didn’t-work-so-hot,-so-let’s-try-something-else-is-the-prevailing-attitude).

Knowing that economic reform is key to influencing labor migration practices (anywhere, not just here), I’m sure all of you HS_ folks are moving toward strong support for free trade policies and targeted foreign aid to help build Central American economies. Can’t build Rome in a day, obviously, but I’m sure those programs are going to move to the forefront of HSM, HSPW, HSMP, HSL, and HSF agendas. Get those economies thriving, and all the folks who bother you here will go home. Even some of you will be only too happy to (lawfully of course) migrate to Tegucigalpa.

55. redawn said on 30 Aug 2007 at 8:13 am:

I ordered Papa John’s Pizza last night for dinner ( Portsmouth Rd) I was talking to the guy and they knew nothing about the boycott. He actually thought it was funny. Same thing this morning as I stoped for gas on the corner of Godwin and 234 ( i I think it’s Costal?)
    He said he was unaware and has seen NO impact.

56. The Patriot said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:01 am:

Attrition+Enforcement = Illegals will Go Home

57. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:11 am:

NOVA,

Maybe if Mexico and other poorer Nations were forced to enact real economic reforms it would help. As it stands, they realize they can just send their folks North, and don’t think for a second the Governments do not have a hand in it, there will never be true economic prosperity for the majority of folks living South of the Border unless we do end the practice of illegal immigration.

Mexico depends on the 20 billion plus dollars that are sent back from this Country to them. That is why they are not to going to get serious on economic reforms, they simply find it easier to keep in place the system.

58. anon said on 30 Aug 2007 at 10:29 am:

One reason many teachers join NEA or AFT is because they are REQUIRED to have a massive amount of liability insurance. And these unions are where it can be bought at a reasonable price.

And FYI, teachers unions are POWERLESS in Virginia. It’s just a convenient conservative boogey-man.

59. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 10:41 am:

Anon 10:29

I agree with you with the exception of the word ‘required.’ Everything else I agree with 100%. A teacher doesn’t HAVE to carry massive amounts of tort insurance but I don’t know who would want to go into a classroom without it in today’s times.

60. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 10:48 am:

It does not excuse the fact a majority of teachers are liberal. But, I suppose they can separate their personal political views from their employment responsibilities.

61. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 11:13 am:

COM,

How do you know the majority of teachers’ political ideology? What are you basing your assumption on?

62. Bridget said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:13 pm:

Teachers in Virginia can join the union - but it is not required.

The Virginia Education Association (VEA) is an affiliate of the NEA.

63. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:53 pm:

Dolph,

Are you denying the fact most teachers are liberal? And, what about college professors, and members of the media?

Are you just in denial, or do you support their liberal cause and therefore do not consider it to be liberal, but what is “best” for our children?

64. The Patriot said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:55 pm:

Universities are totally liberal! Look at the views of kids coming out of them…LIBERAL!

65. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:23 pm:

COM,

Don’t answer the question with a question. Repeat: How do you know the majority of teachers’ political ideology?

66. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:40 pm:

Dolph,

Are you that dense? Look at the membership of the NEA.

Only one third of over 3.2 million members consider themselves republicans. How about the AFT? I wonder how many of those members are republicans?

NEA Holds First Conference for Republican Members

GOP Educators Take Lessons in Political Activism

More than 80 Republican educators from across the nation attended NEA’s first-ever Republican Leaders Conference in Minneapolis August 2-5, 2007.

The conference, which featured panel discussions by NEA Republican members who are state legislators and party activists, was sponsored by the NEA Government Relations Department to assist NEA Republican members in becoming more active in their local and state Republican parties.

Approximately one million of NEA’s 3.2 million members are Republicans, and they have the potential to have a significant impact on Republican Party activities, organization and platforms in 2008.

During the conference, NEA hosted a reception for Republican National Committee (RNC) members that was also attended by NEA President Reg Weaver; GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann; the campaign manager for Presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani, Mike DuHaime; and the White House political director, Jonathan Felts.

Attendees also heard from political consultants who advised NEA Republicans to get involved in party activities, participate in political campaigns at all levels and work to become party leaders and delegates to county, state and national Republican conventions.

The NEA Republican Leaders Conference was held in Minneapolis at the same time as the RNC’s summer meeting. The Twin Cities will host the Republican National Convention, September 1-4, 2008. Conference attendees heard a presentation from the chair of the Convention Host Committee, Jeff Larson.

RNC staff participated in many NEA Republican Leaders Conference activities, and Republican National Committee members from many states attended the August 3, reception, which featured remarks by NEA President Weaver. He reiterated NEA’s commitment to bipartisanship in its political and legislative advocacy.

The NEA Republican Leaders Conference is part of NEA’s initiative to recognize the support of its Republican members, increase its presence in Republican Party activities and support pro-public education Republican candidates and lawmakers at the state and national levels.

67. John said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:47 pm:

In my opinion it would be very helpul if the names of those businesses, that put those green signs in their windows that basically say they do not support the illegal alien law in PWC, would be put on this website under some banner such as THESE BUSINESSES DO NOT SUPPORT THE ILLEGAL LAW IN PWC.

Then we could make the decision not to purchase at those businesses.

68. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:47 pm:

COM,

Nooooo…..but apparently you are if you think I am going to buy into that diatribe on the NEA which has absolutely freaking nothing to do with anything we are discussing.

You cannot answer the question I asked, because you do not know, and so you had to insult me. You don’t know the answer so you call me stupid. Ok. I understand. Just admit you don’t know and lets move on.

69. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:57 pm:

COM,

Let’s pretend for a minute that you really enjoy belonging to a local organization because it meets your needs. Lets say it is the local Republican Party. Am I to automatically assume that you support George Bush’s roll out the red carpet attitude about securing our borders?

That would be a quantum leap on my part, to make that assumption about you. It is also a quantum leap for you to assume that teachers, who want to belong to their professional association at the local level, buy into parent organization’s (NEA) BS, when all they are interested in is local issues, tort insurance, and protection on their job.

When you are over your ‘you are stupid and I am not’ fixation, I do have an answer for you about those university folks. I just don’t deal in thinly veiled name calling and insults. It is beneath me.

70. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:59 pm:

Dolph,

I know the answer. If the majority of the members of the NEA are Dems, just exactly what kind of political views do you think they have? I know if I am a Dem, I have political views that lean to the left. If I am a Republican, I have views that lean to the right.

71. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 2:00 pm:

Dolph,

I may not support Bush, but that does not mean my views are not conservative.

72. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 2:17 pm:

COM,

I cannot address an entire nation of teachers. I was actually speaking of our local teachers. I believe this entire discussion between us when I posted a news article about Freedom High School recruiting. You made a reference to local teachers since that is who was out there doing the recruiting.

You cannot assume that those out there are members of AFT, NEA, or any professional organization (and in this state, that is what NEA and AFT are considered-not unions). For all you know, their boss might have said get out there and hold up a sign. If your boss tells you to do something, then you hup to it, if you want to keep your job.

73. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 3:04 pm:

Dolph,

How do we know those that participated in the “out reach” did not volunteer to do so? If we use your idea, I would question why my boss did not make all of the teachers go out and do it. Either way, it is not needed.

Yes, I realize unions are weak in Virginia, which is why I assume we avoid teacher strikes that happen in other States. Though that still does not change their political views one bit if they are considered a union here or not.

BTW, the NEA this year just came out in support of illegals and wants to not criminalize them.

74. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 3:18 pm:

COM,

I don’t know why they were out there, other than they were. I hardly think they would have been out during school time without the knowledge,permission, or directive of the building principal.

The entire discussion started between us because you stated you weren’t surprised because teachers are liberal (not a direct quote). I took issue with the statement and will continue to do so each and every time that statement is made.

You are confusing individual teacher views with that of an organization. I just have to assume that you don’t understand the connection between the rank and file teacher and the NEA. You have your pre-set views which are not based on fact or personal experience. Continue to hate the NEA. Hate AFT also. You probably know more about both organizations than most teachers who really could care less other than getting their tort insurance and having local support from their local teacher association. The teachers I know are not mindless bimbos who let a national organization influence their thinking.

75. Anonymous said on 30 Aug 2007 at 4:12 pm:

Most of the teachers I know are not mindless bimbo’s either. But most of the teachers I know ARE liberal.

76. AWCheney said on 30 Aug 2007 at 4:23 pm:

“I know if I am a Dem, I have political views that lean to the left. If I am a Republican, I have views that lean to the right.”

It’s not that simple anymore, COM. Consider, the illegal alien situation in this country grew to its enormous proportions during a time when the Republicans had a SOLID majority in both the House and the Senate, with a seated Republican President. Consider, the Federal budget proposals during that same period actually ENCOURAGED deficit spending as part of the budgeting process, claiming tax reductions do not require commensurate spending reductions…only out-of-control future debt for which our children and grandchildren will curse us. Consider, during this same period of Republican control, pork spending reached unimaginable heights, with many Republicans the worst offenders…and the Democrats loving it. Consider the emergence of the concept of a “big business welfare state” during this period, incredibly detrimental to small business and totally contrary to the concept of free enterprise and entrepreneurship. Consider, during this same period how much the rights of the individual have suffered, replaced by the concept of the “nanny state,” totally contrary to conservative precepts. I could go on and on.

It’s just not that simple anymore, COM.

77. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 5:48 pm:

AW,

I don’t know I think you can still have conservative views and still fall into the pork trap of DC. As you know folks can have good intentions before arriving in DC, and somehow those intentions get off track for the most of these folks. That simply is life. I also think you need to look at the folks who are wanting to spend the most money, it may not be that many on the GOP side. As you know many items are attached to Bills that have nothing to do with the Bill, yet because the core value of the bill is good it gets passed even if folks have an issue with some of the attachments.

The other thing you have to look at is the fact the Dems went along with the spending. The Dems just wanted less money spent on the military and more on their old stand by social programs.

Dolph,

I know a few teachers and I base my views on what they have told me. So, while I may not have first hand knowledge, I have the word of people who have taught in a number of school districts. So, I am not wrong, you just simply do not want to believe most teachers are liberal. Again, the teachers may not have to agree with everything the NEA does, but that does not mean the teachers cannot be liberal.

Do you think most members of the media are liberal?

78. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 7:15 pm:

COM,

You are correct. I do not want to believe most teachers are liberal because MOST are not. I don’t want to believe something that isn’t true. And I never said teachers cannot be liberal.

Some teachers are liberal. Some teachers are conservative. Some are very apolitical. Some are moderate. I think it would be best to not broadbrush teachers. Let’s cut them a break.

For the record, I have known more than a few teachers at all levels of education. I will agree with you that those who teach at colleges and universities have a tendency to be more liberal. These people tend to be much more liberal than their public school k-12 counterparts, probably because public school teachers are in the trenches. College instructors don’t have to deal with the same clientele and probably have less opportunity to rub elbows with reality.

finis

79. AWCheney said on 30 Aug 2007 at 7:36 pm:

“I don’t know I think you can still have conservative views and still fall into the pork trap of DC.”

Aside from the fact that “pork” was only one of the things I mentioned, perhaps you should also consider that “views” are no more than rhetoric if they are not accompanied by relative actions. Quite frankly, there seems to be very little difference between the “conservatism” of the Republican Party and the “liberalism” of the Democratic Party nowadays. For a lifelong Republican who still believes in those old ideals of conservatism (those I noted in my previous comment, among others), it’s very disturbing. Our Party has been hijacked by a “Me Generation” mentality.

80. AWCheney said on 30 Aug 2007 at 7:39 pm:

“…(those I noted in my previous comment, among others)…”

I should clarify that as the OPPOSITE of those I noted in that previous comment.

81. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 10:26 pm:

AW,

I can’t disagree with what you have said. The GOP lost control of Congress last fall in part due to what you have written. Sometimes it takes losing before you realize what got you to the top in the first place. Now, all that being said, there clearly are members of the GOP who hold dear the old standards, and those are the ones we need to get back into office, and kick the Rino’s out.

Recall the contract of America. That is where the GOP needs to get back to. It offered a very different direction for the Country.

82. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 10:29 pm:

Dolph,

I am comfortable with saying most teachers are liberal. Look at how PC has taken control of the public school system. Would conservatives adopt such policies?

83. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 11:11 pm:

COM,

I also think there might be some confusion here with policy vs. those who carry out the policy. Public schools are hamstrung by a myriad of federal laws that dictate what can and cannot be done. Then Virginia steps in with its list of mandates, and finally the local school system can set up its own policies. Since local schools must educate all who are in the jurisdiction, those policies tend to be centered around all kids…or what is in the perceived best interests of all kids (and keep the feds and the state off its back).

The teachers in the jurisdiction have no choice but to carry out the policies and directives of their employer. I sincerely believe you have the old chicken/egg conundrum confused.

You appear to be looking at teachers as the agents of policy-making rather than the implementers of policy and therefore are deducing that they are liberal. I find the opposite to be true.

There is also the possibility that you consider anyone to the left of you politically to be liberal. You are going to continue to clings to your beliefs tenaciously, like a dog with a bone, regardless of how incorrect you are. You have no vested interest in the public school system so it is easy to sit back and play the name calling game with all the teachers. They are probably extremely glad you send your child to private school.

84. AWCheney said on 30 Aug 2007 at 11:20 pm:

“Sometimes it takes losing before you realize what got you to the top in the first place.”

Unfortunately, the same people are running the Party that orchestrated the mess we are in now, and only the rhetoric changes. The public isn’t going to buy that rhetoric anymore…because it’s the actions which speak to the truth.

85. TH said on 31 Aug 2007 at 10:13 am:

COM,
    with all the power that conservatives have had in the recent future, what did they do besides No Child Left Behind?
    The mess of our schools is not a matter of liberal vs. conservative but an issue of resources targeted to address the right problem.

86. dolph said on 31 Aug 2007 at 10:48 am:

TH,

I sure do not see NCLB as an accomplishment at all. As my mother would say, it is an invention of the devil.

87. citizenofmanassas said on 31 Aug 2007 at 10:49 am:

Dolph,

Again, I am not wrong. I am not talking about policy, I am talking about the political views of teachers. Stay focused and stop trying to get off topic.

So, if I do not have a vested interest in the public school system in the City, can I get a tax refund? Can I stop paying taxes that pay for the schools? If not, then I do have a vested interest in the schools, and how my tax dollars are being spent.

AWC,

Agree. Hopefully the GOP will realize that and back folks who will return the party to its conservative roots. Otherwise the party will continue to loose National and State races.

88. citizenofmanassas said on 31 Aug 2007 at 10:51 am:

TH,

NCLB was a program that Bush teamed up with Ted Kennedy to get passed. It seems every time Bush has attempted to reach across party lines it ends in a huge mess. Immigration reform is another example along with NCLB.

89. dolph said on 31 Aug 2007 at 1:51 pm:

Add the war in Iraq to that list of failures.

90. dolph said on 31 Aug 2007 at 1:55 pm:

COM,

You may have a tax refund for schools when I get one for the war in Iraq. That money would probably make us both happy.

91. citizenofmanassas said on 31 Aug 2007 at 2:47 pm:

I won’t hold my breath.

92. citizenofmanassas said on 31 Aug 2007 at 2:50 pm:

Dolph,

I would not consider the war a failure. The last I checked, there was no set deadlines for when wars end or progess reports that needed to be positive in order for the war to be considered not a failure.

Though I do agree that Bush had the support of the Dems, until of course the Dems got cold feet.

93. dolph said on 31 Aug 2007 at 3:20 pm:

COM,

How about all those Republicans who also feel that the war has just been a botch job? I don’t see it as cold feet, but recognition of horrible policy and unforgivable mistakes.

I am not going to debate the Iraq War, for the record. I simply see no way out of the thing. I expect we will be in there 10 years from now.

94. dolph said on 31 Aug 2007 at 3:22 pm:

COM,

I also think those Dems are going to be punished for their actions by the anti-war faction of the party come election time.

95. citizenofmanassas said on 1 Sep 2007 at 12:52 am:

Dolph,

We may be there for another 100 years. How long have we had troops in Europe?

I see a way out, as long as the soldiers are allowed to fight a real war. We are too concerned about PR and other issues, rather then winning. We did not care about PR in WW2, as a result we won by doing what we do best- kicking ass.

Agree that some of the Dems will be in trouble too.

96. dolph said on 2 Sep 2007 at 12:22 am:

COM,

No argument about PR and other issues in the Iraq war. I am sure we could each contribute a dissertation on the subject.

I think we cared a little too much about PR is WWII also, especially in Europe. We were constantly appeasing the Brits by allowing that ego-maniac Montgomery to make his stage appearances. Stalin was appeased. In many ways, our appeasement set the stage for the cold war that dominated our foreign policy for at least 50 years.

On the other hand, I believe that ass-kicking was much more revered during WWII than it is now. I am not sure Bush had the stomach for what it would have taken to REALLY go to war.

97. citizenofmanassas said on 4 Sep 2007 at 5:44 pm:

Agree.

98. Mexicans Without Borders Sends Out The Thugs « Grumpy’s Gripes said on 23 Sep 2007 at 8:07 pm:

[…] BLACK VELVET BRUCE LI : Mexicans Without Borders Sends Out The Thugs […]