VA Republicans Announce Strong Agenda On Illegals

By Greg L | 29 August 2007 | Illegal Aliens, Virginia Politics | 65 Comments

House Speaker William Howell, Senate Majority Leader Walter Stosch, Senator Jay O’Brien and Delegate David Albo announced a tremendous legislative package for the General Assembly to combat the presence of illegal aliens in the Commonwealth. If this agenda passes, which it almost certainly will, and the Governor signs these bills, Virginia will be among the states that have the toughest policies to combat illegal immigration. This is great news, although waiting for the next session of the General Assembly for this action is going to be awfully hard.

Here are the proposals announced so far:

Prince William County Policy Goes Statewide:
Mandating that all local Sheriffs, upon a lawful arrest for a crime, confirm that person’s legal presence in the United States using the nationwide databases of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). This change will streamline and strengthen statewide immigration enforcement.

Statewide Section 287(g) Program Enrollment
Ensuring that at least one person on duty in every jail at all times has been certified under federal 287(g) authority (named for the section of federal law that allows more effective cooperation between federal immigration officials and state and local governments). This change means that, upon a positive identification of an illegal alien, there will be a person with federal authority readily available to detain and begin deportation proceedings, after that individual has served his or her sentence.

No Bail For Illegal Aliens
Creating a presumption of no bail for any person who has been charged with an offense punishable by jail or prison time and who has been determined (through ICE databases) to be illegally present in the United States. This change will help stop controversial “catch and release” activities, one of the primary ways illegal aliens currently pass through existing government systems unchecked.

Suspend Business Licenses For Those Who Hire Illegal Aliens
Making a federal conviction for hiring illegal aliens grounds for suspension of a business license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia. This change will serve as an effective deterrent to the unlawful hiring of illegal aliens.

No In-State Tuition Rates For Illegal Aliens
Prohibiting illegal aliens from attending Virginia public institutions of higher education unless they have a valid student visa. Recognizing that college entrance slots are fixed and limited, this change will preserve state benefits for in-state students and their families.

This is tremendous, and a very strong set of proposals that will definitely roll up the “welcome mat” for illegal aliens everywhere in the Commonwealth.  I expect a lot of howling and complaining to shortly start emanating out of the illegal alien lobby and the elected officials who carry their water.  First out of the gate here might be, let’s see, Brian Moran?

1. Gainesville Resident said on 29 Aug 2007 at 1:16 pm:

Will Chuck Colgan support these measures?

2. Josh said on 29 Aug 2007 at 1:38 pm:

totally awesome!!

Looks like the VA proposal’s would almost mirror the ones of my home state of Arizona!

it’s about time the states took action where the federal goverment had failed.

3. Fed up 2 said on 29 Aug 2007 at 1:39 pm:

We as citizens need to e-mail and ask Chuck Colgan to support our cause to follow the law and deport “illegal aliens”.

We must never forget that the Citizens are at the Top Of the P>W> C Oganization Chart.

It’s been that way for years and we need to show them the CITIZENS are in control, not any radicals,who for the most part are not citizens of THE UNITED STATES.
    We want our Communities back,with out all the filth and dirt spread all around.

4. Batson D. Belfrey said on 29 Aug 2007 at 1:42 pm:

“Will Chuck Colgan support these measures?”

Doubtful…but Bob Fitzsimmonds will!

5. Mike Austin said on 29 Aug 2007 at 1:54 pm:

Greg, Maureen, Dan, Steve, et al.

This is a better and faster response than I ever imagined we would see this early, if ever. Thanks for all your hard work. You and the HSM members have done an incredible job.
    Keep up the good work.

6. ANON said on 29 Aug 2007 at 1:56 pm:

Whoa, Nellie! Do you have a link to their announcement?

7. Matt said on 29 Aug 2007 at 1:58 pm:

Fantastic!

It will be interesting to see if the Dems get their act together and realize that fighting against citizen’s in favor of illegal aliens is a loser.

I’ve had it with my former party on this issue. I’m sick of all the apologists doing the bidding of illegals and that’s why I’m supporting Frederick this year against Brown in the 52nd.

I know for sure that Jeff will support this agenda and Chris will whine about how it hurts the poor illegals.

8. Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:03 pm:

Please post back Greg with info on how we can organize to talk to those who can make these laws happen.

Perhaps a list of people by district so we know who represents us and who to write to?

Im in Alexandria, but I want to do what I can. I wish I had an organization like help save manassas that I could join. Im hoping the help save fairfax gets going soon.

9. Maureen Wood said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:07 pm:

Matt- This issue is number one on the minds of citizens through out Virginia. We need to elect people who will do something about it. I’m glad to hear you are supporting that person in your didtrict.

Mike- Thanks for the kind words. We have our work cut out for us. We need to make those phone calls, right before the session starts and keep them going.

10. mjh said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:14 pm:

It looks impressive, but every punitive measure is conditionally based upon Federal enforcement.

I notice that no provision to reduce state/local provided benefits to illegal aliens (such as rent subsidies) is included amongst the provisions either.

I know I should be excited, since it’s a positive first step, but it seems to me that there are still many loopholes not addressed.

11. Steve Thomas said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:15 pm:

Mike,

You have quite a bit to be proud of too. You have done a lot on this issue yourself.

I hope Mrs. Austin gave you a good report on the neighborhood meeting last night. We hope to make this a repeatable model called “Take Back Our Neighborhood”.

12. Gainesville Resident said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:32 pm:

Another thank you to Greg, Mike, Maureen and all of you. I have posted here a few times and I plan to join HSM once I find the time. I have two young kids one of which is special needs. It is difficult to get services for my child. However, if I were illegal it wouldn’t be (I can give specifics, but that is for another post). Keep up the good work. Also, you guys do keep me quite entertained here too! Anyone going to the Van Halen concert?

13. sandy said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:44 pm:

Oklahoma Legislature has passed some great bills. The measure’s sponsor State Rep. Randy Terrill It has 4 maintopical areas, It deals with idenity theft;it terminates public assistance to illegals ;it enpowers state and local police to enforce federal immigrationlaws; and punishes employers who knowingly hire illegals.HB1804

14. manassascityresident said on 29 Aug 2007 at 3:04 pm:

GREAT NEWS! Way to go HSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. citizenofmanassas said on 29 Aug 2007 at 4:31 pm:

While it is nice to see the State level GOP get involved in the illegal immigration debate, I won’t hold my breath waiting for these proposals to become law thanks to the Dems in the Senate.

16. John Light said on 29 Aug 2007 at 4:41 pm:

Gainesville Resident: “Anyone going to the Van Halen concert?”

Yep, I will be there!!!! How about you???

17. Harry said on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:16 pm:

This will be lots more business for Gill’s law firm, obstructing the deportation of the murders and rapists who have been ordered deported. I’m sure he just sees $$$$$$$.

18. dolph said on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:20 pm:

COM,

And the General Assembly is controlled by whom?

19. freedom said on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:25 pm:

yes Harry, but he SAYS he’s against illegal aliens!! Pppppshawwwwwwwwww!!! …but he and his block vote are FOR whatever it takes to get him in the HOD.

20. DontNeedGovernmentHelp said on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:37 pm:

Who are the key politicans to send emails to in order to gain support

Thanks

21. Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:38 pm:

Hey Greg, have you seen Jay O’Brien’s press release on this?

22. redawn said on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:42 pm:

Gainesville Resident said on 29 Aug 2007 at 2:32 pm:

“I have posted here a few times and I plan to join HSM once I find the time.”
    “Anyone going to the Van Halen concert?”

Hi there :) You can get an application online at the HSM website.
    helpsavemanassas.com and mail it in.

Speaking of Van Halen I KNOW things where better around here in ‘1984″
    :) ROCK ON~

23. redawn said on 29 Aug 2007 at 5:45 pm:

helpsavemanassas.org

24. es_la_ley said on 29 Aug 2007 at 6:38 pm:

> helpsavemanassas.org

Both .com and .org direct you to the same place. ;-)

25. redawn said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:10 pm:

I HAVE A CASE OF CAT SCRATCH FEVER,
    I hope you all “get it!:)

26. redawn said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:18 pm:

oh yeah, and *cough* I was in a “strangle hold” at work today, so that is my reason for not showing up at the HSM meeting.

27. Pompey said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:39 pm:

You guys are really sad - but fascinating. Like a train wreck. Completely agree with the purpose of HSM, but I don’t know how so few constantly manage to drum up so much hatred toward so many people.

What will I do for fun when BVBL is over?

Makin’ any money yet? I’ve seen the beggin’ comments.

28. Joe heinzinger said on 29 Aug 2007 at 8:45 pm:

Hey folks, will the rebublicans raise taxes for the increased local jail population? I seriously doubt it. There is no free lunch people.

29. citizenofmanassas said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:02 pm:

Dolph,

The GA is controlled by the GOP. However, they do not have enough of a majority to counter the Dems. The Senate is a lost cause for the most part. You should realize that. In this case, there is no question who is the party that supports illegals(Dems) and who does not(GOP).

30. redawn said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:17 pm:

Pompey,

Don’t hate-hey :), Ted’s message in that video was SIMPLE- ENFORCE our laws.CHOO ,CHOO!
    I am not a begger, just a supporter- any chance I get for such great causes.

“What will I do for fun when BVBL is over?” (so you ask)

No worries, It won’t and if it keeps you up at night, click on the tip jar and drop some change. PEACE :)

Joe,

Is the answer in your question? Do you think there will be an increased jail population? And why?

31. AWCheney said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:27 pm:

Pompey, fighting honestly for one’s ideals and principles is not a money-making proposition. On the contrary…it generally takes a considerable toll, both personally and financially.

32. AWCheney said on 29 Aug 2007 at 9:54 pm:

Anonymous, I believe, unfortunately, that the state representatives and the Congressman in your area (Alexandria) are far more receptive to the illegal alien cause. One venue might be to contact our US Senators (Warner and Webb)…they were responsive to the public outcry and constituent pressure in their vote on the recent “amnesty” bill, and voted against it. There is also no reason why you couldn’t join the Help Save Fairfax group and, perhaps, one day assist in establishing an organization in your own area. All the Help Save organizations have been trying to assist others form organizations in their own areas in whatever way they are able. Get in touch with them through their websites…I’m sure that they’d be glad to plug you in and help when the time comes.

33. dolph said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:01 pm:

COM,

It appears to be a healthy enough majority. Stop making up excuses for lawmakers who chose to do nothing until the heat came on from their constituents.

34. Dave B. said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:19 pm:

Well said Dolph. None of our smarmy reps or senators get a pass from me. Their inaction and incompetence has led us to where we are now. As far as I am concerned, many of them should be rounded up and tried as traitors. Moran, Davis and Warner are all scumbags. Webb I still reserve judgment on, although from what I’ve seen so far I hold no illusions that he will be any different.

That entire area is like Manassas Park and most of the citizens are legal or illegal Hispanics which obviously are mostly of the pro-illegal immigrant rights mentality. I wouldn’t be expecting change from a locality standpoint any time soon just like I don’t expect Manassas Park to change anything on their own. Any changes that happen in many of these localities will be due to increased pressure on state and federal politicians by their constituents which will then filter down to the sanctuary cities like Arlington and Manassas Park.

35. citizenofmanassas said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:25 pm:

Dolph,

I don’t doubt there are some elected officials who have jumped on the band wagon. However, if you think the GOP could have done more over the last couple of years, you are just plain wrong and are ignoring the facts.

If a bill cannot get out of committee how in the World can it be passed by both houses. Then you have to remember if a Bill does get passed, it has to survive Timmy.

The house is much more conservative than the Senate is, and it shows.

36. Gainesville Resident said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:31 pm:

Hope that the meeting was good tonight. Yep, bumming about the Van Halen concert- my beloved Hokies play GA Tech that night. Has anyone contacted Chuck Colgan to get his stance on these measures?

37. Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:53 pm:

OT, but we need to raise hell and help stop mexican trucks from being allowed in the U.S. It might happen as soon as this labor day!

Can you imagine how this would increase illegal activity, not to mention hurt american workers?

cnn link

teamers link

I wrote to the teamsters contact to see if there was anything ordinary citzens can do.

38. Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2007 at 11:20 pm:

What a joke this is! These are all great ideas, but they require our Republican administration to actually do something or we county taxpayers have to cover all the enforcement and jail costs ourselves, which will never happen. Don’t you all realize what a fraud Greg L. is? If he was serious about this he would be incessantly criticizing Tom Davis, Frank Wolfe, JoAnn Davis, and all other other incompetent Northern Virginia representatives in Congress for doing nothing on this important issue. Don’t give me that “there just one person” thing either. They and Greg’s hero George Allen could have at least introduced a bunch of bills on the issue in all the years they’ve served, but they, the one group of people whose actions could actually have an impact, have been AWOL. But Greg wants to stay on their good side and get headlines for himself, so like our bogus General Assembly representatives in Richmond he talks up these things that will not only not get done, but will turn around and bite us in the ass, like the abusive driver fees, when county residents figure out how much it’s going to cost them. It makes me ashamed of my party. Greg, why are you afraid of criticizing Davis, Wolfe, etc. on this issue? And why have you laid off Faisal Gill, another apologist for the illegal alien lobby? Could it be that you want to kiss up to the party leadership now that your getting headlines? Gone establishment on us? Joining the Larry Craig hypocrite crowd? Come on, quit being a sell out?

39. AWCheney said on 29 Aug 2007 at 11:29 pm:

And what have YOU done for your community lately, Anonymous? Don’t you think all this has a lot to do with public apathy and that people like Greg, Maureen, Lafayette, et al, are really putting their hearts and souls into playing catch up for the rest of us? Perhaps you should do more than simply complain and put your time, money, and life where your grousing is…like they are doing.

40. Maureen Wood said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:51 am:

Boy, I can’t wait ’til Lafayette see’s your comment Anonymous. I bet you get an earful!

Greg has done a great service to this community. What have you done?

41. Mike Austin said on 30 Aug 2007 at 2:22 am:

ST said: “I hope Mrs. gave you a good report on the neighborhood meeting last night. We hope to make this a repeatable model called “Take Back Our Neighborhood”.

I did indeed get an impressive report of approx forty people at the inhome meeting of neighbors. WOW, that is great. I’d like to see many more of these meetings. It is great to see neighbors coming together on issues.

I’d also like to see a neighborhood watch get started in the HSM network!

We can do much more if we work together and share information.

Great job people.

42. Mike Austin said on 30 Aug 2007 at 2:58 am:

This should be interesting!

“Lyall, Letiecq to debate immigration issues”

43. freedom said on 30 Aug 2007 at 5:31 am:

Anonymous 11:20 pm, when you have done as much or more than Greg in an effort to make things better, you will then have a right to criticize what he and his team are doing; until then, I’m afraid your issue-blind, party-based vitriol falls on deaf ears.

As AWC asked, what grand and marvelous things have YOU done lately to make things better?

44. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:01 am:

Dolph,

The GOP has a four seat majority in the State Senate. I would not consider that to be a safe majority, and given there are Republicans who are not so tough on illegal immigration, you can see where the problems arise.

45. s said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:15 am:

Attorney General Bob McDonnell supports the legislative proposals. Go Bob McDonnell!

46. Save Fairfax County said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:18 am:

Hit the send button too soon.

Attorney General Bob McDonnell supports the immigration proposals:

47. ManexicoResident said on 30 Aug 2007 at 9:18 am:

Anyone else read this morning about the Herndon ruling on hiring day laborers?

Now that Herndon plans to move forward with having its day laborer site operated by people who will verify the immigration status of potential laborers…it has been decided in court that day laborers can essentially be hired by anyone from anywhere they choose to stand and wait for work.

This is trully disturbing.

48. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 10:04 am:

I was talking to a friend of mine last night who lives near the Herndon Day Labor site. He told me that the 7-11 near there has armed guards. I thought he was kidding. He said NO, he wasn’t kidding me at all. It was to prevent loitering there.

Can anyone confirm this?

49. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 10:16 am:

COM,

I thought there were 6 but I am probably wrong about the numbers. It still seems like a Republican problem to me since they have the majority. If all are not on board, then that is a Republican problem, not a Dem problem.

I also am cutting the Democrats in Congress no slack. I have heard the same excuses used there.

I am an Independent. Both parties spend way too much time playing party politics and trying to upstage each other to ever get much done for their constituents, in my opinion.

50. Dave B. said on 30 Aug 2007 at 10:37 am:

“it has been decided in court that day laborers can essentially be hired by anyone from anywhere they choose to stand and wait for work.”

Ehhh??

When did this happen? I don’t recall a court ever saying that it is now legal to hire illegal aliens and that the illegal aliens can now loiter on public property. Maybe I missed that decision?

51. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 10:45 am:

Dolph,

There number is 4. The problem as I pointed out is not just the Dems but the few Repubs in the Senate who are not tough on the problem either, if we had more folks of either party who carried about the issue we would be OK. However, there are clearly more Dems then Repubs who refuse to do anything about this issue.

The other thing that hampers the GOP in the Senate are the Committees which killed a number of bills directed at illegal immigration.

52. ManexicoResident said on 30 Aug 2007 at 10:56 am:

Dave B.:

In today’s Viriginia edition of “The Examiner” there is an article titled, “Herndon labor ordinance struck down by judge”

First paragraph:

“A Fairfax county Circuit Court judge has struck down a Herndon law forbidding employers to solicit day laborers anywhere but at single center, a new turn in an already complex tangle of immigration, labor and law in the small Virginia town.”

If I misinterpretted that statement and the article as a whole, then I apologize.

Here is a link to the print edition as I could not find the article posted on line:

The article is on the bottom of page 4.

53. Mike Austin said on 30 Aug 2007 at 11:06 am:

I wrote to Tim Kaine asking him to install 287g as Va State Police policy.
    Here is his response:
    __________________________________________________________

Thank you for your letter concerning an issue of great importance to the Commonwealth. I have long opposed illegal immigration, and I believe that we must protect Virginians and taxpayer dollars from financial and public safety threats presented by illegal immigration. I believe that Virginia has taken appropriate steps to limit government services available to those in the country illegally and that we have an effective working relationship with the federal Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

The Commonwealth works closely with ICE on a range of matters and will continue to pursue future opportunities with ICE. While we have meaningful laws in place and a strong partnership with ICE, I do not believe it is in the best interest of the Commonwealth to take on unfunded federal responsibilities. ICE is concentrating its resources in Virginia on serious crimes committed by those illegally in the country. The Commonwealth will continue to support those efforts. As ICE expands its role and resources in Virginia , we will look to expand our existing level of cooperation to support that commitment.

As indicated, I am pleased that state agencies already work closely with ICE. I strongly encourage ICE to devote the resources necessary to maximize the value of that cooperation. I have already encouraged our agencies to continue to explore ways to expand the relationship with ICE at the operational level, with the goal of advancing state law enforcement goals and preventing serious crimes from being committed by those in the country illegally.

Among the agencies already working with ICE on matters of common concern are the Virginia State Police, the Department of Corrections and the Department of Motor Vehicles. These areas of cooperation represent a serious commitment on the part of the Commonwealth to address criminal activity by those who have entered the country illegally.

Again, I thank you for your input regarding this issue. I look forward to exploring more ways by which the Commonwealth can build on these successes.

Sincerely,

Timothy M. Kaine

Governor of Virginia

54. BLACK VELVET BRUCE LI : The Democrats Speak On Illegal Aliens said on 30 Aug 2007 at 11:15 am:

[…] to taking any action at the state level to combat illegal immigration. While Republicans have a strong legislative agenda on this issue that clearly demonstrates that there are effective and legal measures the state can […]

55. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:35 pm:

COM,

I find that a lot of bills get stuck because they are not pure bills. They have all sorts of other unrelated issues attached. I think our elected officials could fix this problem but they do not want to. That way they can weasel out of their political decisions or run something through they would otherwise never get passed.

Of course, the above is just a sweeping generality but does speak to the politics of our country, from the local level all the way to national politics. It is not wonder nothing gets done. I hold both parties responsible for this behavior. Equal opportunity contempt here.

56. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 12:50 pm:

Dolph,

That might be the case for some bills, mostly on the Federal level. However, having read a number of bills that were introduced last year on the State level, I would say the bills were pretty much to the point.

I think you have a problem assigning blame to the Dems when it is clear they are to blame for the majority of the problems when it comes to illegal immigration issues in the GA.

57. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:19 pm:

COM,

Think again. I am equal opportunity when it comes to holding politicians responsible for inaction. I just haven’t been convinced that state Republicans have done such a hot job either. I see some scrambling now, en mass, to correct a situation now the horse is out of the barn.

It is very difficult to ignore that on the national level, those who truly hold the power to have not allowed the illegal immigration situation to get where it is today, turned a blind eye and did absolutely NOTHING but roll out the red carpet. And for that, I do hold the Republican Party responsible. They owned the power.

Tim Kaine was inaugurated in January. Who was governor before that, and what party did he belong to?

I do applaud the efforts of those who are now trying to enact legislation to correct the horrible situation we are in now. I feel it is too little, too late in some cases, but to do nothing is worse. I will be looking at who holds the most anti-illegal immigration marbles on election day, not what party they belong to. I might even have to become the dreaded, single-issue voter for this election.

58. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:31 pm:

Dolph,

The GOP has been working on this problem at least on the State level for the last few years. Can the Dems say the same?

Mark Warner, another Dem was in power before Timmy took office. Warner was pretty much useless as well.

If you look at the Senate bill that went down in flames the last two years, it had much more support among the Dems.

59. dolph said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:39 pm:

COM,

Christians-1 Lions-0

I stand corrected on Kaine’s predecessor. How quickly I forget.

Which Senate Bill are you referring to? State bill?

60. citizenofmanassas said on 30 Aug 2007 at 1:55 pm:

Dolph,

The United States Senate Bill.

61. redawn said on 30 Aug 2007 at 8:26 pm:

Re: Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:53 pm

In response to your comment, I saw something on Lou Dobbs about this.
    With so many other things going on, I haven’t check more into it.

Let me get your take as well as others on this youtube clip It is mentioned in the clip . It is long - about 9 min.s I HAVE NOT MADE IT THRU YET, thanks to some interruptions going on…lol. I have no opinion until I get thru the entire thing.

62. Lafayette said on 31 Aug 2007 at 12:47 am:

Anon 8/29/07 @ 11:20
    Just who do you think you are? Greg L a fraud? What are SMOKING!!?? Everyone knows Greg L is a MOTIVATING man. As a PW native, I’ve never seen anyone get the ball rolling on any issue the way MY PRESIDENT GREG L has. How long have you lived in PWC, MC OR MP? Or do you live in the “LAND OF DENIAL” a/k/a Fairfax County? So, do tell what the heck have you done? My guess is nothing more than sit back, and then piss and moan about it. All members of HSM and many other concerned citizens have MADE a HUGE impact on our community in a very short time. I devoted my entire VACATION, to my community for the good of ALL!!! These are the kinds of things I do. So, what do you have to say for YOURSELF?

63. John Light said on 31 Aug 2007 at 1:14 am:

Lafayette: YOU GO!!! The thing about “anon” is that he/she/it is “a non-player” in this game. Does not have a pair to step into the trenches as Greg has and lead the way. With Greg’s leadership, we have turned this Blog into a powerhouse and Greg is being interviewed more times than Faisal Gill’s next door neighbors by the Treasury Department Investigators. Thank you, Greg, for all you have done.

Greg has made a difference in ALL of our lives, and for the better. He has not just sat on his laurals, he constantly fights the good fight and WE are the better for it. I have tried to put out the message, but Greg does it without any effort - the passion that flows thru his veins is something that can’t be held back. Alexander the Great was but in his 30s when he died, yet what he did in his life is still remembered today. Greg, thru this blog and now the TV interviews is able to reach an even WIDER audience in MUCH LESS TIME.

Thank you, Greg, and don’t EVER let your detractors bring you down to THEIR LOW LEVEL because all of us are here to make sure that the word gets out to the masses and what is RIGHT and GOOD about Prince William County and the rest of this great state REMAINS good and right.

64. Bryanna said on 31 Aug 2007 at 6:17 am:

Greg has undeniably lead the way, and there are some sincere politicians in this effort.

Jay O’Brien has his record to demonstrate his efforts on illegal immigration.

John Stirrup championed a Resolution.

Unfortunately folks we have some Republican’s running for office who are blowing smoke to win votes.

Beware of opportunist. Once elected they’re not going to do anything to help this effort.

There are laws on the books right now that need to be enforced, ask them what they’re doing NOW, not later.

65. redawn said on 31 Aug 2007 at 3:04 pm:

Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2007 at 10:53 pm

Here is a better video of the Mexican Tuckers about to invade