Find This Missing Child

By Greg L | 28 September 2007 | Crime | 65 Comments

There’s a twelve year old missing girl in our area since September 18th, and readers believe this young girl has been recently seen in Manassas Park in the vicinity of 175 Cabbel Street and 103 Yost Drive.  Her name is Kayla Suthard, and she is about 5′ 3″ and weighs 105 pounds.  She has long brown hair and brown eyes.  Reports are that she has been seen accompanied by some adult men described as “spanish”.

If you have any information which might help recover this girl, please e-mail me ASAP so I can forward the information on to her parents, or contact 9-1-1.

1. Mando said on 28 Sep 2007 at 9:33 am:

Not related to this case, but upsetting none the less, I was turning onto Plantation Lane yesterday from Sudley behind a beat up SUV and there was a young girl (looked like she was in her early teens) walking down Plantation. I was maybe 10 car lengths behind the beat up SUV and notice them (4 males) slowing down as they approached the girl. If that wasn’t bad enough, they then pulled up next to her and stopped and it appeared the one in the front passenger seat started talking to her. The girl kinda glanced at him but kept walking. It was obvious she was nervous so I pulled up behind the SUV because at this point I was getting angry. As soon as I stopped, they took off.

I probably should’ve wrote down the tag number but I was so pissed I just didn’t think of it fast enough.

2. Lafayette said on 28 Sep 2007 at 9:44 am:

Mando
    I saw a young girl in that area too yesterday. What time was this?

3. redawn said on 28 Sep 2007 at 9:48 am:

Mando,
    THANK YOU for being vigil. We need more people to be aware in our community. I have 2 teenage girls and they haven been approached and I have to constantly remind them to stay clear , run, scream, whatever it takes and sometimes that is NOT enough.

4. Lafayette said on 28 Sep 2007 at 9:56 am:

ALL
    WE MUST BE AWARE OF OUR SURROUNDINGS.
    REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY AND/OR PERSONS.
    There are also lots of young people roaming the streets during school hours. We also need to report this to the Police. Please, let’s look out for each other. I ALWAYS have my camera and video camera with me. There’s too many “bad seeds” out there, and many sex offenders too.
    Mando,
    I came through there about Noon.

5. John Light said on 28 Sep 2007 at 10:04 am:

All, nothing against Mando because you did the right thing and I know I would have forgotten as well, but thank you for posting that. Remember, most of us have cameras (video and still) built into our cell phones. It is time that everyone learns how to use it and then immediately e-mail them home, work, wherever so the tags can be reported.

Mando, don’t feel bad, you DID THE RIGHT THING.

6. redawn said on 28 Sep 2007 at 10:08 am:

Lafayette,
    That is why it is so scary to have the bunk houses-Here today gone tomorrow. I still want to slam shut the propped open storm doors.

7. Mando said on 28 Sep 2007 at 10:13 am:

@ Lafayette

Around 6 pm.

@ redawn

I have a 10 year old daughter and I can’t even think about something like this ever happening to her. It’s sad, but I’d NEVER let her walk by herself on our streets. I see crap like this (although I’ve never seen them actually stop like this before) all the time. I hate it. My fondest memories of when I was a kid was the freedom I had.

I hate to make this political, but you hear the left scream and scream about rights of criminals, police states, the constitionality of the sex offender registry, blah blah blah and we, the average law abinding citizens, have become the prisoners and our children are paying the price. It just makes me SICK.

8. Lafayette said on 28 Sep 2007 at 10:14 am:

redawn
    Hate those OSD’s!!! Keeping my eyes wide open as always!!

9. Lafayette said on 28 Sep 2007 at 10:19 am:

Mando
    Well said. My daughter is almost 14, and has walked to school since Kindergarten. I do usually pick her up or walk to meet her. I grew up here, this is not how I grew up. We could go all over all day, and our parents never had to worry. My parents and most knew somebody on every block of WestGate/Sudley.
    Thanks. We will restore the quality of life. This mess didn’t happen over night and won’t go away overnight.

10. redawn said on 28 Sep 2007 at 10:28 am:

You will be amazed at the number of REGISTERED sex offenders in our nieghborhoods, combine that with the UNKNOWN and bunk houses. We have a PROBLEM~

Here is the link to help be more aware:

11. Lafayette said on 28 Sep 2007 at 10:38 am:

redawn
    That’s right, some are right here in our neighborhood where younger kids walk to school. Where have the Truant Officers gone? They had when we attended SJHS!!
    Thanks for the post I haven’t looked in a couple of weeks.
    I see frequent Failure to report as being a sex offender on the docket in PWC. They should be locked up right then and there, provided they show up. Too much jail time is be suspended too.

12. redawn said on 28 Sep 2007 at 10:54 am:

Good question of where have the Truant Officers gone?
    They were everywhere and it made it hard to skip, etc.
    I think it is harder these days to tell a childs age. They seems to be more mature looking then back then.
    I would also like to included that it is not just girls that you have to look out for.
    Even back in the 70’s we had a green van that pulled up by our house and the men tried to get my brother and and I screamed and screamed and they flew off.

13. Advocator said on 28 Sep 2007 at 11:32 am:

Mando:

Good for you (scaring off the dudes in the SUV). Next time, report such an incident to the police, even if you can’t get the plate no. Depending on what was said to the girl, they may have committed a serious crime.

14. mpmomx3 said on 28 Sep 2007 at 2:42 pm:

I just wanted to say Thanks for posting Kayla’s picture and information, it is so important she is found and safely returned to her parents. This is so scary I have a 14 year old daughter and she is not allowed to walk anywhere alone anymore. when she goes its with a group of friends or one of her older brothers. We went for a walk just the other night with our dogs and the hollering from the spanish men when you pass them is ridiculous !!! I was with her and they still hollar !!! Please everyone watch for this little girl and report anything you see so we as a community can get her home. this must be terrifying for her parents. lets see if we can end this as quickly as possible. when i go for a walk this evening i will take a flyer, i got today with me.
    why is there nothing i can find with the police reports about her?

15. Anonymous said on 28 Sep 2007 at 2:52 pm:

@mpmomx3

If your new to this site, you’ll find that the curious lack of police reports and Manassas Journal Messenger reports on most of the crime in our area is an ongoing problem.

16. ateacher said on 28 Sep 2007 at 8:01 pm:

My daughter will be 14 within months. She looks like many young girls to be older than her age. She has been approached many times by men of various races. They try to entice her to enter their cars. Her response has been to say “I’m 13, and on my cell with my mom, leave me alone!!!!!” For the most part this has worked. I also insist that she be in a group when in the neighborhood. Sadly enough, I allowed my daughter to spend the night with a friend whose parents I thought I knew. Turns out, the father of the friend she spent the night with frequently is a REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER. MY daughter and I didn’t know this until her friend told my daughter that her father was removed from the family’s church b/c the pastor found out he had committed sexual crimes against several minors. I worry about the steets, and her friend’s dad is a predator!!!!!!!!!!

17. redawn said on 28 Sep 2007 at 8:30 pm:

ateacher,

I am glad that you claimed that (your own) kids look a lot more mature now these days. I think this is also a problem with the public turning a blind eye as a possible act of danger.
    I have grown up here, as my husband and he flips out that they (even us) are not able to walk the streets without danger. It is just the act of TIME and things change.( I understand that)

With that being said, I do not just blame it on illegals, but there is a MORE of a problem with people that are not documented and living in bunk houses, only to move on to the next.

There is a problem with those who PROP open the storm doors to WELCOME this @### in the name of making a buck.

I have an uncle that is a missionary across seas. ( since I was little, YEARS have gone by)
    We had one of his fellow missionaries stay at our house.
    I was 13 and he ATTEMPTED to do wrong with me under my own parents house that WELCOMED him here. Thank God , I can say that nothing happened ( ONLY because of training from my parents)

My point is YOU CANNOT TRUST ANYONE when it comes to stuff like this. They have done studies and that is why they say that the majority of the offenders are TRUSTWORTHY and the CLOSEST to your family.
    It is a very scary world, more so every day and it does not help that we have this extra madness to deal with.
    All we are trying to do is say hey, we have a problem , it is not about race, religion, etc…..

18. dolph said on 28 Sep 2007 at 8:30 pm:

What a shame you have to check the registered sex offender list before allowing your child to spend the night with a friend. On the other hand, I guess it is a good thing that information is available to the public.

19. redawn said on 28 Sep 2007 at 8:46 pm:

Dolph,
    IT is a SHAME that it has come down to this. You are right in saying that it is GOOD that we have this info. at our hands to help.
    The flip side that I have been in many discussions with other parents, is that NOW more than ever the KIDS have MORE ways of communicating than the old curly phone cord with the rotary dial phone back in the day. ( where the STATUS argument between friends would be, well my phone cord reaches 200 feet…LOL)
    You have my space, etc…. all of this and parents working more hours only increases the risk.
    I know ( and have said this for awhile) that I had it backwards. I had a career and stayed home to be with my babies, once they hit school age, could not WAIT to go and get the outside job.
    Now having the same job since, I cringe and say NOW is when I need to stay home and be with them ( teenagers).
    It is very hard to be a parent and I love my job, love my kids. I am just giving my own personal struggles and I hate to see what is happening, just in our “neck of the woods”
    I feel for these parents, as I do for Carlos Angelos and the other girl who was raped at the fair…and so on and so on…it IS never ending.

20. dolph said on 28 Sep 2007 at 9:37 pm:

Redawn,

You are correct. My children are grown now and when they were in high school, I realized that they needed a parent more then than they did as little kids.

It is a delicate balance between allowing them some freedom and worrying yourself sick over them being out in the world. I have often thought how glad I am that mine are grown…but then there are the gkids….so you are right…it IS never ending.

21. Michael said on 28 Sep 2007 at 10:32 pm:

I have a recommendation to all the young girls and young boys out there. Have your parents go to any sporting goods store and buy a little canister of pepper spray on a key chain. Carry it with you at all times (not allowed in schools though) and do not walk alone. It is a non-lethal but effective deterrant when someone threatens you or harasses you and they will not let up. Then always let your parents know where you are going and when you will be home. They can come look for you if you are late. This is necessary because the people you used to trust in your neighborhood are now not the only type of people in the country. The “illegal” immigrants demonstrate by their behavior and violent, arrogant actions they have less regard for law and lawful behavior, and their social ethics are much less caring of your welfare. Treat that new threat accordingly with a more critical eye, defensive posture, caution, and desire to run or cross to the other side of the street when needed. Take an action that changes your direction of travel, and if your stalker moves with you “RUN”. Beware of friendly actions that may be disguised malice or hatred designed to lure you innocently into trouble.
    Talk this over with your parents, please!

22. redawn said on 28 Sep 2007 at 10:52 pm:

Dolph,
    “It is a delicate balance between allowing them some freedom and worrying yourself sick over them being out in the world”

YES, delicate is the best way to describe this and I admit I am NOT so graceful ( more like the bull in the China shop) and that is not good either. OH BOY, would someone be rich if they did write that parent handbook, I know I would buy it. :)

Michael,
    Thank you and that was a GOOD point to change your routine as to the time you walk or where you go. :)

23. mnd said on 29 Sep 2007 at 3:04 am:

Don’t mess with the keychain junk.

Fox Labs 5.3 — http://www.foxlabs.com/

If you’re going to carry OC spray, do yourself a favor and get the most effective stuff on the market. I suggest a 2oz flip top fogger on a belt holster. Stream has a longer range but requires greater control to achieve good results.

24. mpmomx3 said on 29 Sep 2007 at 7:48 am:

annonymous, thanks I was unaware of the problem with police reporting. I thought (wrong now I realize) that when your minor child comes missing we have all these things in place : amber alerts , and such. But this is not the case. Kayla has not been on the news, no amber alert,m no flyers till her dad started hanging them! thats ridiculous! shes 12! and missing. truly i am scared for her and the situation she must be in - I went walking with a flyer last night - this is a child that has gone to school here in mp since she was small, and people that know her didn’t even know she was missing, like i said no info out there. I have had the gang talk with my own teenagers at this point and safety while around the neighborhood. honestly at this point the town I thought I loved and wanted to raise my children in - has changed so dramaticly in the last 5 years that as soon as the market picks up I think I will be selling my home and moving. everyone should get one of the keychain sprays but are they legal to carry? hope so because like i said you can’t even walk your dog without being harrassed. Everyone take care and watch for little Kayla. Thanks.

25. AWCheney said on 29 Sep 2007 at 10:11 am:

The Manassas Park Police are far more interested in protecting their drug dealers, conducting vendettas, and generally maintaining their culture of corruption than they are in protecting the citizens of Manassas Park…even the children. It doesn’t pay them as much as their other activities and may, in fact, interfere…so they have no vested interest.

26. redawn said on 29 Sep 2007 at 2:54 pm:

http://www.manassasjm.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=MJM%2FMGArticle%2FWPN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173352931938&path=!newsWoman, girl attacked by group near Manassas

A 28-year-old woman and a 13-year-old girl were attacked by a group of five in the 8200 block of Sudley Road near Manassas around 8:14 p.m. Sept. 19, said Officer Erika Hernandez, Prince William police spokeswoman.

The woman told police that one person hit her with a belt and another pushed her to the ground, Hernandez said. Then, police say, all five began to kick her. The teenager was hit in the face during the incident, Hernandez said.

One of the attackers was a man between ages 19 and 21, and the four others were females between ages 15 and 18, police said. No further descriptions were available.

27. josh said on 29 Sep 2007 at 4:13 pm:

Mnd,

good call. Fox labs is good stuff, probably some of the most powerful available outside law enforcement depending on the OC percentage. look for 15 percent with the UV dye in it. Stuff hurts like hell, I’ve been sprayed multiple times and it’s not very pleasant.

Just remember when you spray…run like hell after you do it.

28. Krutis said on 29 Sep 2007 at 5:00 pm:

AWChaney’s 10:11 statement could possibly be considered LIBEL. To state that a police department “protects its drug dealers and maintains their culture of corruption” sounds to me to be right on the edge.

josh - For what reason have you been sprayed “multiple times”? Surely not for being law abiding?

29. Greg L said on 29 Sep 2007 at 5:11 pm:

It’s not libel if it’s the truth, and there is no libel statute that protects organizations as a whole that are part of the government. First amendment protections would clearly protect this form of political speech.

You may want to peruse the category “Rack & Roll Scandal” to learn why AWChaney would feel compelled to speak like this. After going through these, I’d be surprised if you didn’t end up agreeing with her.

30. Krutis said on 29 Sep 2007 at 5:26 pm:

Greg - I know very little about law. Is it possible that it would be considered libel if the statement in question were proven to be false? In other words, a false accusation. And I feel that in this case, it would be a very serious matter.

If you feel that the PD is totally corrupt, where do you report it? If you feel that it IS corrupt, why have you or one of your collegues not reported it? I’m not accusing, I’m just wondering.

31. Greg L said on 29 Sep 2007 at 7:54 pm:

You can say anything about your government that you want. It’s called free speech, in the political sense. Look up the First Amendment to the Constitution, something that no law or ordinance can ever infringe upon.

Corruption of local government officials should be reported to the Federal Bureau Of Investigation. And don’t worry, it has been reported, I just have no idea of the status of the investigation at this point.

32. Clean it up in '07 said on 29 Sep 2007 at 8:57 pm:

Krutis —

I’m sure AWCheney (or for that matter, probably alot of people) would love nothing more than to be sued by anyone in Manassas Park Government — police included. Then the real fun would begin. We can all see some things come to light finally during the discovery process.

Heck…I’d love for them to sue me for ANYTHING come to think of it. I’d kill entire forests of trees to furnsh enough paper as they try to answer to all the subpeonas I’d have flying around. BRING IT ON!!

33. AWCheney said on 29 Sep 2007 at 9:23 pm:

The evidence exists, Krutis, and it’s being investigated…but the wheels of justice grind slowly, particularly when you have to go far beyond the local system of “justice.” It took at least three years, I believe, for the corrupt to go down in Richmond and sent off to their vacations at Club Fed…and because it was Richmond, it was a priority.

34. Krutis said on 29 Sep 2007 at 9:23 pm:

Thank you all for your enlightening answers! - The sad thing is that you make it sound as if you’d like nothing better than to cause trouble. Clean it up even says that the real fun would begin if someone were sued. What kind of society do really want? If you want a “discovery process”, why don’t YOU start one? It seems like a strange mind set somehow. OK, I’m naive and happen to believe that divisions between people can be settled without mudslinging and namecalling ( REALLY oldfashioned) , but that would mean compromising and that’s a dirty word around here I’ve found out.

35. AWCheney said on 29 Sep 2007 at 9:32 pm:

I take it, Krutis, that you believe that corruption should stay in the dark and allowed to flourish, and that good people should keep their heads in the sand and deceive themselves that it doesn’t exist because it doesn’t affect them. Well, that doesn’t define a “good person” to me. Corruption cannot exist in the light of day and it will take good people to get it out there. If you’ve got a problem with that, go back to your sandbox and stick your head in it.

36. Krutis said on 29 Sep 2007 at 10:23 pm:

AWCheney - You’re reading me wrong. Didn’t I say that those who know about corruption should report it? Is that considered hiding it? It means - let everybody know about corruption! Educate your fellow citizens about it! You’re right when you say that corruption cannot exist in the light of day. That’s why we have to bring it out and prove that it exists. How could you read me so wrong? Surely not because I sometimes disagree, I hope. Your last sentence was totally uncalled for. I’m very much aware of what’s going on and your statement is an insult.

37. AWCheney said on 29 Sep 2007 at 11:47 pm:

“The sad thing is that you make it sound as if you’d like nothing better than to cause trouble. Clean it up even says that the real fun would begin if someone were sued. What kind of society do really want? If you want a “discovery process”, why don’t YOU start one? It seems like a strange mind set somehow.”

THAT was insulting to me! I’ve been on the front lines trying to help clean up this corruption for quite awhile now, with absolutely no more vested interest than trying to help clean up my back yard, where I’ve lived most of my life.

38. Lafayette said on 30 Sep 2007 at 1:26 am:

AWC
    I really don’t understand why so many can’t realize we are trying to clean up our community. We’ve been around PWC longer than most, and have seen the changes first hand for decades. I don’t like insulting comments. I’m with you, that statement was insulting to you.

39. Mike Austin said on 30 Sep 2007 at 2:46 am:

Do you people agree that the mindset of local officials is that when there is a complaint made that infers that these officials have not done their jobs correctly, that the complainant becomes the problem?

Just a thought!

Anyway, what is the latest on this missing girl?

40. UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 2:34 pm:

This missing girl, however, is sad. She is certainly several years from adulthood and needs to be back with her parents. I hope she gets home soon and safe!

41. redawn said on 30 Sep 2007 at 2:50 pm:

UnMasMexican,
    When you addressed this Mando, where you saying his/her racism continues?

“UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 2:34 pm:

Mando: you did not even say in your original post if you were certain those in the SUV were hispanic. Regardless, men are men. People often complain about African-Americans doing the same sort of thing to women. And women for years have made complaints about white male construction workers. Your racism continues. “

42. redawn said on 30 Sep 2007 at 2:52 pm:

This is WHAT Mando said that didn’t even mention a race.

“I was maybe 10 car lengths behind the beat up SUV and notice them (4 males) slowing down as they approached the girl.”

43. AWCheney said on 30 Sep 2007 at 3:04 pm:

Well UnMasMexican, it would seem your cultural background is showing. “Men” do not stalk or attempt to engage young, underage girls in this country. They are generally referred to as “pedophiles” and/or “criminals,” and are considered the lowest of the low among every element of AMERICAN society (even in our prisons). I’ve never heard of any of our “African-American” brothers routinely doing such things unless they themselves were a part of that underbelly of society (gangs, for instance)…the same goes equally for Caucasians, whom you seem to forget (teenagers cruising is an entirely different issue, and generally under far different circumstances). To my knowledge, at least in this country, it is only YOUR culture that would call what Mando related as men being men. Language or any other differences in culture aside, THIS is where lack of assimilation among your people will bring you down harder than anything else. NOBODY MESSES WITH OUR CHILDREN!

44. UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 3:36 pm:

Why post this here? Whether or not you all choose to believe it, this is racism and stereotyping at its worst. Whoever is with this poor girl should be caught and punished. Whoever harassed the girl Mando spoke of, should know better.

“Racism” was not attached to Mando exclusively but rather this site. Hispanics are not the majority of child predators in this country. We value family values and unlike many, we practice our Christian faith.

45. redawn said on 30 Sep 2007 at 4:01 pm:

UnMasMexican,
    This a blog with different story threads and if your child were missing,
    Would you not be happy that this is another way to get info out there and to be on the look out to bring them home?
    Take you time and read through all the threads.
    They are also categorized for easier research.

46. redawn said on 30 Sep 2007 at 4:02 pm:

Correction : take your time
    this is categorized under : crime

47. UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 4:16 pm:

Crime that you all try to pin on illegals in the comments….

48. redawn said on 30 Sep 2007 at 4:20 pm:

UnMasMexican,

” UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 4:16 pm:

Crime that you all try to pin on illegals in the comments…”.

That is not the case.Go back up through the comments of this thread and see where we tried to PIN it on illegals.

Your statement is a very blanketed statement just like saying i.e: ALL illegals are Hispanic….

49. UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 4:36 pm:

redawn said on 28 Sep 2007 at 8:30 pm:

50. redawn said on 30 Sep 2007 at 4:56 pm:

UnMasMexican,
    Yes, I stand by my statement. There is already ENOUGH of a problem and it is further induced by illegals. What is wrong with that. I did not pin the problem on illegals. Common sense will tell you that.

51. AWCheney said on 30 Sep 2007 at 5:09 pm:

Somebody must HAVE common sense before it can tell them anything, Redawn.

52. redawn said on 30 Sep 2007 at 5:11 pm:

AWCheney,
    Thank you :) and YOU are right NOBODY messes with our children!

53. ateacher said on 30 Sep 2007 at 5:22 pm:

I read somewhere at somepoint in the past few years that there are companies that have developed GPS tracking devices that children can wear. If a child is nabbed, there is apparently a button the child can push on the device to set off an alarm and begin tracking. As for pepper spray, it can work for you, and against you if you are down wind when you spray it. I had my son in a taekwondo class, and for some of the class sessions, the teacher worked on how these children could extradite themselves from situations where they were grabbed from behind etc. He taught them where to hit a person in the throat, how to dislocate a finger, how to hit a person behind you with an elbow, where to hit a shin, and how to come down on an instep etc. So sad in a way when you feel compelled to teach a five year old how to hit and run.

54. UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 5:25 pm:

redawn: just proving you are blaming the incidents on illegals. game, set, match. soy un ganador!!!!

55. AWCheney said on 30 Sep 2007 at 5:54 pm:

If you believe for one moment that these particular incidents are not being perpetrated by misogynistic short-termers (illegals), or Hispanic gang members (which we didn’t have until the local invasion), who believe that our culture shares their belief that any female above the age of 11 is fair game UnMasMexican, then eres un perdedor!

56. redawn said on 30 Sep 2007 at 6:26 pm:

UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 5:25 pm:

It is very sad that you see this as a game and declare yourself a winner. I STILL stand by my statements. I am glad that this blog exist for others in th community to communicate crimes going on and working together to become problem solvers. You are a self proclaimed winner, so I guess you see this game over?

57. ateacher said on 30 Sep 2007 at 7:07 pm:

If the game was over, all of our children, black, white, hispanic and asian would be free from predators. The fact is that world wide this is not so. Luckily in the US, child rape is actually seen as a crime, as are arranged marriages for minor females, and selling children into prostitution. There are many asian, eastern european, and central and south american countries where this is not so. And yes there are some adults from these countries that bring with them the norms from their countries into our country and think that our children can be as easily abused as the children from where they are from.

58. UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 7:38 pm:

redawn issued a challenge as to where she said something, and i pointed it out. That’s all.

Not all hispanics–legal or otherwise–approve of such behavior towards children…many have kids and find this sort of behavior appalling…

to suggest that just hispanics do this is racist, however.

please everyone keep this girl in your prayers.

59. redawn said on 30 Sep 2007 at 8:18 pm:

UnMasMexican,

I agree and never USED the term hispanic or ANY race . I USED and STAND by my statement, that you challenged:

UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 4:36 pm:

redawn said on 28 Sep 2007 at 8:30 pm:

AND I REPSONDED WITH:( not yelling, making it easier to read)

redawn said on 30 Sep 2007 at 4:56 pm:

UnMasMexican,

60. Anonymous said on 1 Oct 2007 at 8:20 am:

AWCheney speaks only for herself. I live in Manassas Park and have been involved in the HOA and Neighborhood Watch. I have found the local police to be helpful and responsive to the needs of my neighborhood. I wish I could say the same with my dealings with Manassas City as a crime victim.

61. mpmomx3 said on 1 Oct 2007 at 8:22 am:

No new news on Kayla, her father and many friends are still looking, but there is still no Amber alert!? confuses me……
    I still have not seen her on the news, I am not sure what its gonna take at this point but with every day that goes by it will be harder to find her. scary! I guess by the blogs I have been reading this has become political… the simple truth to it is Kayla IS with men much older then her, Men that are known gang members, and men that are not abiding by any laws by holding this girl from her parents! If this was your child,sister, cousin, whatever..you would want everyone looking for her , in order to get her home where she belongs. PLEASE spread the word and keep a watchful eye out, around town there are flyers with a different picture on it if its more helpful and if anyone like me walk around maybe take a flyer with you. I had my friend (who is spanish) walk with me sunday in order to speak to anyone that we came upon that did not speak english. still we were told don’t know her, haven’t seen her…..still looking. what the men that have her do not realize and should is no one is stopping looking for Kayla, it would be better for them to just send her on her way home ! anyway, any news from anyone wil be appreciated. prayers also. thanks to all vigilant people trying to cleanup their back yards no matter their race because then hopefully this won’t happen again. its like we have all become knumb to this kind of thing, where people don’t seem overly concerned. scary state of mind we seem to be in.

62. AWCheney said on 1 Oct 2007 at 6:08 pm:

I may be able to help you, mpmomx3. If you would like to make contact, email me through Greg (site email account) and he can forward it to me so that we can set up a dialogue.

63. Michael said on 2 Oct 2007 at 5:59 pm:

MPmomX3,

From you statement, I understood there is a possibility that this young girl is willingly with these men? Even then it is illegal to keep or encourage a minor from obeying parents custody wishes. I’ve always been very upset with the whole custody issue, especially the one where children are taken from one parent by the other, when in general, unless there is PROVEN abuse children need both parents. Not to get into the biased unfairness of a battle where one parent tries to distance themselves from the other, and also assumes the children should be distanced as well (its a form of “other” parent abuse), but I had an experience once where a girl I was dating, had daughters who snuck out of the house at night, and ended up over at a house where no parent was at home. These girls were very young (13-14), and were actually attracted to outlaw gang member cultures (thinky that was sexy, and exciting, as well as providing a false sense of gang security). They were drawn to this lifestyle as a result of the media focus on gangs, the records put out by rappers that glorified the gang image, the emphasis at that time of a culture they claimed as “wiggers” (not my term, it was the kid’s term, the name itself was an insult to anyone not of that race, being called that by another race, but it was ok to call yourself that according to the kids”)

What struck me the most is that these girls LIED to their mother to the point where she believed them and never checked up on them, or locked the patio door, or called to verifiy the girl’s and friends they said they were going out with actually were the freinds they said they would with. These girls expericenced gang rapes (willingly), a source of drugs, and alcohol that the older friends (both boys and girl gang members) had access to. I knew all this because my son told be about the things they told him they were doing and tried to get him to join. Thank God, I talked about these things and warned him of the destructuve power to ruin his own life since he was 10.

The most shocking thing I couldn’t come to grips with in this generation is that these girls went to church 3 days a week, and attended youth groups, proclaiming all the typical things kids caught up in religious activities do.

I’m not saying this young girl has done any of this, only warning the rest of you parents out there, keep this kind of gang media, movies, entertainment, away from your kids. Have these long heart-to-heart talks with your kids and pass strong anti-gang laws in you community, if you want to protect your kids from it. At 12 they are not prepared to distinguish destructive entertainment from constructive entertainment. This is one of the few areas where our freedom of speeach laws actually hurt us and our children. As a general rule never trust your kids, always check their room and typical hiding places (there is no privacy or sancuary of a minor child’s room concerning drugs, alcohol or cigarettes if your underage child starts doing that. If you believe there should be you are a fool. Always follow up, and look-out for those parents who invite the neighhoods kids over to thier home to party. These parents are usually doing drugs themselves and grew up with no parenting skills themselves, but desire to live and enjoy their own party life through their kids, and their kids social structure.

I hope they find this young girl and get her safetly back to her parents and then punish the people she is with. If she is doing any of the above, they have a long hard road ahead to re-program her young head to be afraid of gang entertainment and gang culture. It’s not always the parent’s fault by the way, some kids are just caught up in it, because it exists as a form of entertainment and lifestyle choice in their schools. In my opinion pick your school carefully, your neighborhood carefully and your community culture carefullly. IF your community is heading south like PWC, Manassas, and Manassas Park, then do something about it, like the good people on this Blog are doing. You can’t be a passive parent, or a passive citizen and let the meaner and lawless people of society control your future and the future of your kids. This young girl if she had a better neighborhood, might not be in the situation she is in. Think about that the next time you take the side of “illegals” and lawless people, and critisize some member of this blog who trying to change it for the better (and successfully!). I applaud what AWCheny has done to clean up her neighborhood police corruption (it will get corrupted by the way with more “illegal” immigration and thugs moving into neighborhoods, just look at the police of the 1920’s)

64. Simple_Man said on 6 Oct 2007 at 7:40 pm:

Kayla is back home. Details are not available concerning the circumstances of her return. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I hope whoever was involved in this pays the piper. Thank you all again, and let things like this continue to raise awareness. Manassas has changed a lot in the 7 years I have been a resident here. I hope we keep putting pressure on illegal immigrants in this county and return this city to what it once was.

65. mpmomx3 said on 10 Oct 2007 at 5:10 pm:

Simple man - Amen!

TO EVERYONE ELSE…….. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ASSISTANCE AND PRAYERS WITH THIS. Thank God Kayla is home ;where she belongs. please be aware when it comes to your kids. especially now with halloween coming up. BLESSINGS TO ALL !!!
    p.s. awchenney, Thanks for all the help.