HSM On National Public Radio

By Greg L | 29 September 2007 | Illegal Aliens, Prince William County | 7 Comments

NPR’s “All Things Considered” show ran a story on Help Save Manassas yesterday. Their website, which is maddeningly Linux-unfriendly, makes it impossible for me to see if this is the right link for this show, but I believe for you Windows users out there you can hear the segment on HSM by clicking here.

I heard this air yesterday, and it seemed like a pretty fair story to me. I was pleased that they decided to use the interview with one of our members that they did, as there’s previously been very little coverage about how a large segment of the African-American community feels about the illegal alien problem. There’s not at all a monolithic opinion among African-Americans, but I haven’t met many who are all that thrilled about illegal aliens crowding our communities.

I always like to see national news coverage of the progress we’ve been making. Maybe it’ll help inspire other communities to do what we’ve done here.

1. Anonymous said on 29 Sep 2007 at 11:09 pm:

Funny, their website works fine for me, and I’m on Linux. Do you use Firefox? You do have the correct link, by the way.

2. CJC said on 29 Sep 2007 at 11:19 pm:

NPR sure made it seem as if our problems were minor. The slant was to trivialize the problems caused by the illegal aliens. They just don’t get it.

3. Anonymous said on 29 Sep 2007 at 11:25 pm:

Actually, I don’t think they trivialized the problems at all.

4. Anonymous said on 30 Sep 2007 at 12:00 am:

NPR is a left wing socialist, tax payer supported propaganda outlet.

You can be sure they will minimize anything which degrades America.

5. CJC said on 30 Sep 2007 at 12:47 am:

It was good that the topic was discussed. But, when I listened to the piece I thought that if I were not living here in Prince William and seeing this stuff for myself I would feel like, “Those people have some problems, but it doesn’t seem that bad.” Poor immigrants.” I think NPR could have gone much deeper into explaining the serious problems that the illegal immigrants are causing us.

6. UnMasMexican said on 30 Sep 2007 at 1:39 am:

I do hope the NPR bit adds awareness to the many issues we face enrolling in schools here in the United States. And let’s face it, the army needs all the help they can get!

7. Anonymous said on 30 Sep 2007 at 5:47 pm:

Fighting the invasion! Check out the great MJM article on these annoying invaders of our country: http://www.manassasjm.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=MJM/MGArticle/WPN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173352941067&path=