A Local Outrage Draws Attention

By Greg L | 25 October 2007 | Crime, Prince William County | 136 Comments

Early Monday morning a ten year old girl was raped in her home on the 7500 block of Allegheny Drive by what was described as a Hispanic male.  Neighbors in this area of Prince William County that is just to the west of Manassas Park are very concerned, and are awaiting the release of a composite sketch of the suspect in the hopes that this predator can be quickly identified and removed from our community.  In the meantime, the traumatized family has left their home and residents are warily watching the groups of day laborers who regularly congregate in the streets in this part of town in the early morning, wondering if any of those individuals might pose a risk to their families.

With four cases of gang graffiti on nearby Clifton street, and only a few miles away four cases of children being molested at the Centreville Public Library in the past several months, public awareness of criminal behavior that may be partially attributable to the presence of illegal aliens has created somewhat of a siege mentality in area residents.  The passage of legislation in Prince William County to discourage the presence of illegal aliens and aggressively deal with criminal illegal aliens has improved the situation somewhat, but there’s clearly more that will need to be done before resident’s minds can be put at ease.  In the absence of that ease, a new determination is brewing.

Allegheny Drive is in my voting precinct, and only about a ten minute walk away from my house.  This area is a stronghold for citizen activists fighting the illegal alien problem, and far from resting on their laurels with recent legislative victory in the Prince William County Board of Supervisors, they now have another task before them that is even more personal to them.  They’re going to find this predator, and they’re going to make sure the Prince William County Police Department gets him.  The possibility of getting legislation passed to help the community inspires plenty of residents to spring into action, but helping police locate someone who would rape a ten year old child in their own community is motivating beyond belief.

Those who prey on our little girls are bringing a landslide down upon themselves.

1. Don't Understand said on 25 Oct 2007 at 4:13 pm:

Hell yes they are a threat. Commit crime, scurry back across border. No problemo! Hopefully, it is one of the illegal-alien apologists that finds him, cuz if it’s me, I’m going to jail!

2. Mando said on 25 Oct 2007 at 4:19 pm:

This girl goes to the same small school my daughter goes to. I’m too furious/disgusted to say much else.

3. Josh said on 25 Oct 2007 at 4:31 pm:

this person is disgusting,

also outrageous that a family had to upset enough to move away from their home for a time. The home is a sanctuary, having someone violate that and a small child is horrendous. I could not imagine something like that happening to my little girl, I would most certainly go to prison to ensure that justice was received. I sincerely feel for the family involved and give them my best.

To the person who did this..may they rot in the deepest portions of hell.

Josh

4. Mando said on 25 Oct 2007 at 4:31 pm:

There’s been cases of graffiti on Allegheny for a while now. One house with a privacy fence gets it all the time. They wash it off and it goes back up. Also, there’s a caution sign to watch out for children that gets tagged all the time.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out how this guy got in the house, did what he did, and left undecteced. And how did he know which room to go into? I wish there were more details.

5. Dolph said on 25 Oct 2007 at 4:46 pm:

Mando,

I agree with you. There is way too much missing information in this story. It also looks like there is no follow up in the MJM. It is very difficult for the community to be on alert when the facts are so sketchy.

Where were the parents, how did the rapist get in the house, does the family feel like the perp knew the family, how did the rapist know his way around the house, etc etc?

Any community with a child rapist in its midsts needs to know far more information than has been provided. Our children are at risk. Each and every family with children needs to be on red alert. We have been given a blip on the radar when sirens and flashing lights should have gone off.

6. Lafayette said on 25 Oct 2007 at 5:19 pm:

News reports stated that there was no sign of forced entry.
    Lock your doors, and this means during daylight hours.
    Greg L,
    Thanks for getting this up here.
    *******
    ALL
    This makes me sick to my stomach! It’s also worth noting that this is in yet another walking elementary school’s district. We must teach are children to be aware of their surroundings, and the same goes for adults. I never leave my house without my still and video cameras. Here’s some tips from PWC. 12 Ways to improve you neighborhood now. Please, read them.
    **************************************************
    12 Tips to Improve Your Neighborhood Right Now!
    Improve Your Neighborhood - 12 Easy Things YOU Can Do
    1. Pick up the litter near your home, even if you didn’t put it there. You can help stop the growth of trash in your neighborhood by taking away the existing litter that attracts it. Get others involved through Community Cleanup Campaigns. It’s a great way to get people working toward a common goal. Everyone feels good because they can see the results of their efforts - litter-free common areas and a well-swept appearance. Even children can play a part.
    2. Turn your porch light on. Crime tends to decline in neighborhoods that are well lit. Turning on porch lights is a simple way to start this process.
    3. Walk around the block. It sounds simple enough, but neighbors benefit over time when more responsible citizens walk about more (particularly those who are comfortable doing it) at night, every night, around their block.
    4. Drive slowly on neighborhood streets. You can take the lead in slowing down traffic in your neighborhood and those around you.
    5. Report nuisances and other non-criminal problems promptly.
    6. Make a list of the names and phone numbers of every neighbor on your block. Unless you know neighbors’ names and numbers, you can’t call them about a concern or let them know about a neighborhood problem.
    7. Meet the youth who live on your block and greet them by name. This ensures that each adult is better able to help in an emergency and is better prepared to discuss problems immediately as they arise.
    8. Make a list of landlords in your area. As owners of property in the community, landlords are responsible to the neighborhood and most are rightly concerned about the health of the community in which their properties stand.
    9. Take away the opportunity for crime. Lock your car and never leave valuables, even for a few minutes, in the car where would-be thieves might see them. Trim bushes or trees on your property that offer too-convenient hiding places. Make your front porch visible and make sure your home looks like someone lives there.
    10. Report crime promptly. Neighbors sometimes don’t report criminal activity because they don’t want to bother the police; they assume police are too short-staffed to respond, or they believe that there isn’t much an officer can (or will) do about a given problem anyway. Whether the issue is graffiti, petty vandalism, or something much more serious, police cannot act without first hearing about the problem from citizens.
    11. Stay where you are. Stable neighborhoods are built on the commitment of long-term residents who would rather live in a healthy community than move to a bigger house.
    12. Help your neighborhood association or similar groups. If leadership isn’t your desire, at least make sure someone in your household attends local neighborhood association meetings. You’ll be kept better informed of the issues facing the neighborhood and how you can help and, perhaps more importantly, you’ll have the chance to shape, guide, and participate in the future of your neighborhood.
    ************************************************
    Josh,
    I agree with you again. BTW- I got some killer pix at the 7-11, and the less busy one down the street. What a mess!!

7. Lafayette said on 25 Oct 2007 at 5:52 pm:

Lafayette(madmom2) said on 24 Oct 2007 at 9:45 pm:
    Dolph,
    I was young myself, and remember the Irongate rape case of a 3year old you mentioned. No one likes rapists, indeed. Heck, murders in jail HATE rapists too!!
    madmom,
    We will get that composite drawing up all over our neighborhoods. We already got redawn and dolph with us on this one. I’m sure there are several others that’d be willing to help us too. We will take our neighborhoods back.
    The rapist is probably still right here in one of the above mentioned neighboring subdivision. Remember, the murder in the summer in Point of Woods, the murderer was found about a half a mile from crime scene. Police snagged him at the Sheetz, right next to the library and across from Parkside Middle.
    We will get out there and work together for the good of our entire community.

8. monticup said on 25 Oct 2007 at 6:14 pm:

Speaking of outrages–a Guatemalan has been connected to the California wildfires and has been arrested! I knew the illegal alien drug dealers start fires to distract the Border Patrol and I wonder if it got out of hand.

9. josh said on 25 Oct 2007 at 6:20 pm:

lafayette,

where are you posting the pics? Would love to see them!

Josh

10. Lafayette said on 25 Oct 2007 at 7:13 pm:

Josh,
    I’ve been called “digitally challenged”. If I knew of a way I sure would. Believe me, they’re right up your alley. I also, have pix of the four taggings Greg L spoke of. I’ve easily got a couple of hundred pix of the “illegal invasion” and it’s effects. I counted at least 35, the light turned green and I had to go. I then hit both stores. That place is the WORST!!

11. madmom said on 25 Oct 2007 at 8:10 pm:

Lafayette,
    Great - I have given Greg my contact information for you.

There is a number for PW residents to call about any
    grafitti - they want to get rid of it ASAP, and will clean any wall, sidewalk, sign, house, etc. for free. All you need to do is call. I will find the number and post it.

Mando
    I know Alleghany Rd. well. It did take the county a long time to get that tagging off that fence on the corner and the sign. Have you noticed that house always had it’s storm door propped open? Now there’s a for sale sign out front…..and take a look at the house across the street - it is a boarding house, and there is always a young girl standing at the door.

I would love to go with a real estate agent into these houses that are for sale, have the storm door propped open and are trashed. Anyone out there an agent?

12. madmom said on 25 Oct 2007 at 8:12 pm:

Lafayette - when we get together, bring your camera and I can email those shots to Greg.

13. Dolph said on 25 Oct 2007 at 9:01 pm:

Lafayette,

If the pictures are on your computer you can upload them to an album.

Try www.webshots.com

It is extremely easy.

14. Lafayette said on 25 Oct 2007 at 9:05 pm:

madmom,
    Greg gave me your info. I will be in touch sometime tomorrow. Patty’s been in a recent trashed house, and I’m sure she’d be glad to give the gory details. Infact, I think she did the BOS about the inside of that house. This was the house that has an inground pool with trees growing out of it, used building materials, standing water, and last but not least a boogy board.
    Josh and madmom,
    I will email the 7-11 shots to Greg shortly.

15. madmom said on 25 Oct 2007 at 9:29 pm:

Lafayette,
    I have done all those things on that list for years. I knew every kid and most every parent. All the kids came to play at our house. We had a rule - no cussing in our general area of our neighborhood. When a new kid would come to play and they would cuss, I would head right out the door and tell them that they won’t be doing that in this neighborhood. Not allowed. Some would get smart, but I would just tell them they’d have to go play somewhere else. And they wouldn’t cuss and have a great time. Pretty soon, they would tell new kids the “rule”.

Now, I have no idea who is living next to me. One neighbor’s been “in this country for 20 years” but I can hardly understand him….he’s been “too busy”
    to learn English….

I will tell you guys - these people that have so much in common DO NOT TALK TO EACH OTHER. They do not even try. There is no feeling of community. We are all in our own space now. There is no feeling of
    being safe, cause you know your neighbor would have your back should something happen. Another house is vacant now. And where the little girl lived, I have a feeling they will never be back. How could she ever feel safe there?

I am so glad to hear that other SOB was found guilty
    today. If I had to read one more time about how scared he was and was hiding in the bushes, I was gonna throw up. Throw the book at him. That may be the only real sane news I’ve heard in a long time.

16. madmom said on 25 Oct 2007 at 9:39 pm:

Dolph,
    You mentioned a case in Irongate in the 70’s. A town meeting would be great - and I would love to hear what happened and how it happened in that case. I will send Greg my contact info for you, if you are willing to share that with me.

I know my neighborhood isn’t like it used to be, with concerned citizens that come together in times like this. I’m not quite sure what would be the smart thing to do, besides post this SOB’s picture everywhere.

17. madmom said on 25 Oct 2007 at 9:43 pm:

Also, this SOB is not a rapist, he is a PEDOPHILE. He preys on CHILDREN. My doors are now locked 24/7. This is NOT how I intended to live my life here.

18. Dolph said on 25 Oct 2007 at 9:49 pm:

Madmom,

Email me at dolphin_moon@excite.com.

I will email you back. Name the school and I will know it is you.

19. Lafayette said on 25 Oct 2007 at 10:25 pm:

Misc. pictures of the ILLEGAL INVASION…

20. Patty said on 25 Oct 2007 at 10:30 pm:

All,

We need to take the steps Lafayette posted. I will help someone with their area of their neighborhood if they aren’t able.

Also, this is imperative. We need zoning laws and enforcement with TEETH in order to crack down on these boarding houses. These boarding houses are invitations for all sorts of crime. I think the police and zoning need to get together on these houses. If we need the state to put through legislation to make it easier for our local government to enforce zoning, it needs to happen now.

I’ve lived across a couple of houses with storm doors open to advertise rooms for rent. I’ve seen lots and lots of characters come to these houses. The “landlords” will pick anybody off the street who has cash to pay for the room.

This is a serious problem! We have to put an end to these boarding houses ASAP!

21. Patty said on 25 Oct 2007 at 10:38 pm:

By the way, if that predator breaks into my house, he may not live to see the next day.

22. ddpdrinker said on 25 Oct 2007 at 10:49 pm:

The first step is to capture the rapist. The police will do that. The next step is to make sure some slick lawyer does not get the rapist out on bail. The final and most important step, though, is to make sure the prosecutors have all of the evidence to get a conviction, that the charge is not knocked down, and the judge serves SENTENCE and nothing is suspended !!!!

23. Dolph said on 25 Oct 2007 at 10:55 pm:

Lafayette’s pictures are at webshots.com

See her post above. She will make new albums as she gets more pics.

Thanks Lafayette.

24. John Light said on 25 Oct 2007 at 11:15 pm:

I have told my kids that, God forbid, someone does ANYTHING to them, Batman WILL live!!! No matter what, the bastard WILL get the death penalty - prisoners do NOT take kindly to child rapists. That being said, we NEED to make sure we work TOGETHER with the police and ONLY give good leads.

Plain and simple, this monster HAS to die. Patty is right, we need to put full court press on the “landlords” who provide “aid and comfort to the enemy” and we need to make sure that the monster who did this to that poor, little child gets a one-on-one session with his maker. Madmom describes very well what is slowly happening in our neighborhoods, our hometowns, and now, our homes.

While it may be right for vigilante justice, it is not legal, but there are MANY things that are and believe me, this beast will get what he deserves. Greg wrote, “wondering if any of those individuals might pose a risk to their families.” Dare I say ALL illegal aliens pose a risk and I will tell you why. As long as people can come into this country illegally and feel they can get away with it, they will. And while all illegals are wrong for being here, there are some who are here for one thing only, to take. They are here to take our money, our freedom, our security, and in some cases, our lives. Just as over 120,000 Cubans came to our shores via the Muriel Boat Lift, think how many of those were mentally insane, sick, and worse, murderers and other forms of criminals.

To those apologists like “anonymous” who spends his time defending terrorists and to leila and others who call us racist for obeying our laws, please explain to me what benefit this illegal brings to America. Yes, he was described as Hispanic, but regardless of how he got into this country, he has declared war on this innocent family and that poor girl will now be traumatized, suffer nightmares, etc. all because he wanted to prove to himself how tough he was, or because he wanted to get into a gang and this was the initiation.

We know where the gang members live. It’s real simple. When you deal with German terrorists, you negotitate with them in terms they understand. When you deal with Middle Eastern Terrorists, you kidnap their mother, put a knife to her throat, and demand the release of the hostages. And when you deal with scum, you hit THEM where it hurts - arrest them, try them, then put them in jails scattered around the country where they won’t be able to communicate easily with each other and you make sure that the entire prison population know that that person is in jail for the rape of an innocent 10 year old girl. You then sit back and justice will be served.

25. Krutis said on 25 Oct 2007 at 11:45 pm:

Just looked at the pictures. What’s so awful about them? Hardly looks like an invasion. Nobody seems to be attacking anyone, making fingers at anyone, nor urinating. Herndon 7-11 had the same situation but on a much larger scale, and it became a nuisance. The day laborer center came into being and took care of the problem. Not any more though, alas!

The rapist is another case. A brute who should be found and brought to justice, not lynched as some commentators seem to want. That was then. Even monstrous bipeds have rights under the rule of law in this country. Rule of law is IMPORTANT!
    I hope he is found SOON.

26. ddpdrinker said on 26 Oct 2007 at 12:10 am:

We have rapists, we have gangs, we have trashed houses and neighborhoods, we have a deadly strain of staph, we have an increase in TB, we have arrogant illegal people demanding we accommodate them, we have a State on fire supposedly because of non-Americans, this is insanity. Until a violent crime is commited by an illegal to a bleeding-heart liberal, they’ll just keep their heads in the sand. We need to take back our community, our State and our country. I wish we could bring all of our troops back home and fight our battles here, starting with strictly and strongly securing our borders.

27. John Light said on 26 Oct 2007 at 1:08 am:

ddp - the troops are where they should be but we could ALWAYS use the 29th ID to take care of these illegal bastards!! Heck, set up landmines (make sure they are buried so those in the tunnels trip them) and watch the fireworks!!!

28. Lafayette said on 26 Oct 2007 at 1:23 am:

Is there any word on sketch of the suspect yet?
    We need his face plastered all over this place.

29. freedom said on 26 Oct 2007 at 7:10 am:

Lafayette, I appreciate your 12 ways to improve your neighborhood…and have something that you or others may be interested in as well.

When our children were young…in elemementary school…we lived in a “walk to school” neighborhood. The school (probably the PTA, actually) sponsored a program whereby parents of children were given a sheet of paper with a large “N” printed on it. The idea was that parents tape the “N” prominently on a window by the door.

Children were hen told that if they were walking on the sidewalk and needed help for any reason, they could go to the door with an “N” and that the resident of that house was “safe” and would help them.

I can’t give a testimonial on how well it worked and actually, we lived in a good neighborhood, but I always thought it was a wonderful program, just in case.

30. Bridget said on 26 Oct 2007 at 7:13 am:

31. Josh said on 26 Oct 2007 at 8:20 am:

lafayette,

you can also e-mail them to joshblogger6@gmail.com :)

Josh

32. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 26 Oct 2007 at 8:38 am:

Krutis, close your trap! When I first move here about 10 years ago, we never heard of crap like this happening. Now it seems common place. All due to the criminal illegal invaders who are making our once beautiful county turn to garbage!

33. Anonymous said on 26 Oct 2007 at 8:39 am:

Bridget said 26 Oct 2007 at 7:13 am:

IT’S NOT THE CULTURE OF THIS COUNTRY!

34. Anonymous said on 26 Oct 2007 at 8:43 am:

Krutis on 25 Oct 2007 at 11:45 pm:

You espouse the RULE OF LAW? I guess for everyone except the illegals HUH?

35. ddpdrinker said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:01 am:

The judges need to quit suspending sentences for previous crimes and start punishing criminals and incarcerating them for mis-deeds. Suspended sentences sends a message that “you can get away with it”, consequenly leading the criminal to believe he can go something else and get away with it.

36. Lafayette said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:05 am:

Bridget,
    This is STILL the United States of America! Anon’s right it’s NOT the American culture. If you don’t seem to have a problem with this type of “culture” then you are free to move south of the border. They send their daughter’s off to men at about age 12. This is SICKENING!! You must NOT have children, and certainly not a daughter.
    Let me tell you something I leave within a ten minute walk from this horrible crime. I have a daughter that walks to Stonewall Middle, and this is a RAPIST. Are you really saying rape of ten year old is ok, because it’s their culture? Rape is AGAINST THE LAW.
    Get LOST, and stay that way. (south of the border seems like a nice place for you)

37. Mando said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:08 am:

@ Krutis

Your ideals are unatainable for me in this instance. If I caught some beast on top of my child… I fear the last thought on my mind will be the rule of law. I’ll ask for God’s forgiveness as I rip that person apart. If you wish to call that hypocracy, so be it. I won’t lose sleep over it. I’ve lost far too much sleep these past few days.

I’ve seen too much insanity this past year regarding the safety of our daughters and women in general. The whistling, the lears, the cat calls, rapes, etc.

How can you rape a 10 year old for Christ’s sake!!!!!!

38. Lafayette said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:09 am:

Bridget,
    I forgot this AMF!!

39. Mando said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:11 am:

I think Bridget was being sarcastic. There is no rationalization for sexualizing children. None.

40. Patty said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:18 am:

Bridget,

If you think rape is a cultural thing that is acceptable, then you have a lost soul. You’ve been polluted by evil.

41. Lafayette said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:19 am:

freedom,
    I remember those signs right here my neighborhood. The house a sign that had a YELLOW TRIANGLE on them. Children that might run into trouble knew that house was a safe place, and to go there for help.
    I think this should be brought back to our communities. We have many walking schools in the area.
    I remember it worked here in the late 70’s. This needs to make a HUGE COMEBACK!! I’d be willing to have a sign in my window.
    Thanks, for bringing the signs up. I’d almost forgotten about them.

42. Rick Bentley said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:19 am:

Well the guys at NAMBLA disagree with that but it seems obvious to me she was being sarcastic.

43. Lafayette said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:37 am:

I sure hope she was being sarcastic.
    Perhaps, she’ll explain her comments. I remain openminded.

44. Josh said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:44 am:

Some countries do what they may..but this is our country and our laws.

Someone messing with a little girl is not acceptable in any way shape or form. I would submit to anyone who comes up with the above excuse to think about what it would be like if their little girl were attacked…

a death sentence is too good for these predators.

45. Advocator said on 26 Oct 2007 at 10:18 am:

Bridget:

There are still a couple of subjects that simply are not appropriate for satire or sarcasm. This is one. The subtlety of the point you were making was lost in the seriousness of this act. Follow the rule of all good writers and speakers: Know your audience.

46. monticup said on 26 Oct 2007 at 11:05 am:

I immediately assumed Bridget’s comments were tongue-in-cheek.

I do wonder why there are so many cases of rapeand molestation of children by these illegal aliens. My theory is that they are like juvenile delinquents–no impulse control, a sense of entitlement, no morality. Their own countries are corrupt where anything goes and the ones who sneak in here are the bottom of that rotten barrel.
    Whatever the reason, they need to return home where they can have sex with pre-teens with impunity. We don’t put up with that kind of perverted behavior in the US.l

47. Advocator said on 26 Oct 2007 at 11:21 am:

Monticup:

The institutionalized corruption, degradation of humanity, and absence of societal norms are the salient features of every failed society and country I’ve ever been in, which is quite a lot. We have those same features in certain elements of this society, but so far, we have not accepted those features as part of our social fabric. Once we do, we’re as lost as they are.

48. Dolph said on 26 Oct 2007 at 11:50 am:

If you think about many of Bridget’s other posts, I feel certain she had her sarcasm button on.

I have emailed the reporter who covered the story. She has been trying to get more information. Does anyone have a friend on the force?

Perhaps if PWCPD will not release information, the BOCS will get involved. According to my way of thinking, we have a clear danger in the neighborhoods.

49. josh said on 26 Oct 2007 at 12:21 pm:

lafayette,

checked out the pictures..it’s pretty sickening. Last time I went to take pictures one of them flipped me off. I didnt get the shot in time as this would have been priceless…

Next time Im going to bring my handycam and get some good video and post it on you tube.

50. Vigilant1 said on 26 Oct 2007 at 12:33 pm:

josh on 26 Oct 2007 at 12:21 pm:

When you do get that picture the next step is to call the police and have him arrested for making an obscene gesture. You will have the proof with your picture.

51. Peter Danlyn said on 26 Oct 2007 at 12:36 pm:

Monticup:

Institutionalized corruption? Not only do we have it in spades, but we’ve been subsidizing it and essentially franchising it in Central and South America since the Monroe Doctrine.

Degradation of Humanity? Some contributors to this board continue to say some incredibly degrading things about Hispanic culture. The generalizations are awful, and typically use specific criminal incidents by a few to damn the many. Most psycho mass murderers in America have been white as Wonder Bread. Does that say anything about the nature and proclivities of all white Americans? Many postings on this site are hateful, selfish, uncaring, half-truths. Does that say anything about the majority of conservative thinkers? By posting and accepting this crap you are accepting responsibility for degrading not only their humanity, but yours as well.

Absence of Societal Norms? As a society, we seem to answer the question “How low will you go?” with another: “How much can I gain by it?” That selfish attitude permeates our entertainment, our politics, and our approach to others.

We have norms. I just don’t think they’re particularly well suited to a rich society based on protecting the right of all to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

We may not be a lost cause, but we seem to have lost the way that was envisioned for us.

52. Anonymous said on 26 Oct 2007 at 12:43 pm:

monticup said 26 Oct 2007 at 11:05 am:

The reason is that most of them are uneducated and are the dregs of their society. They come from a country where there is little rule of law and they figure they can scoot back across the border after commit their crimes and things get hot for them. Remember that Mexican mass murderer a couple of years ago who was riding the rails in Texas? He was a vagrant who did his killings and took the train back to Mexico. When he was ready to go on another spree, he came back across the border. They finally caught and executed him. They have no skills to offer but because they work cheap, we give them work and they become “master” carpenters, masons and whatever after a couple of weeks.

53. MP Resident said on 26 Oct 2007 at 12:57 pm:

“we’ve been subsidizing it”

Remittances.

54. es_la_ley said on 26 Oct 2007 at 1:20 pm:

killthisguy: “This sicko needs to be tortured long and slow…”

That’s an awful lot of work!

;)

55. mike austin said on 26 Oct 2007 at 1:35 pm:

Bridget said, “Wait a second here , folks. Let’s all just calm down and get a grip. After all - what if this turns out to be some sort of “cultural” thing, I mean, who are we to judge?”

SAY WHAT? Are you plain crazy? Or just stupid?

I really can not explain what my personal approach to this will be if I am presented with the situation of having a known perp in my presence.
    I will say that it is a “cultural thing” for them to hack off limbs and kill people with machetes, etc. I may just find something to agree with them about after all.

56. mike austin said on 26 Oct 2007 at 1:40 pm:

Regarding the C J Angelos case and PWCPD.

It is a publicly unknown fact that THERE WAS ANOTHER ARREST Tuesday.
    This one was a gang participant who destroyed and stole parts from CJ’s truck. He was actually incarcerated in PW ADC awaiting deportation under an assumed name. Now he has been charged and will be prosecuted for his acts.

GOOD WORK PWCPD! Thanks………

57. ddpdrinker said on 26 Oct 2007 at 2:16 pm:

Let’s just hope he is found guilty of the charge, not have it reduced to a lesser charge, then given a suspended sentence and let go. Kim Chinn told me if a perp is incarcerated for a crime, and he is an illegal, and his court date comes up and he is found not guilty or guilty with a suspended sentence, and ICE has not done what they need to do to, then the criminal gets released.

58. monticup said on 26 Oct 2007 at 2:16 pm:

For all you old people, like me–remember Juan Corona? Mass murderer in California back in the 70’s. He was just here to work… and kill.

59. MP Resident said on 26 Oct 2007 at 2:29 pm:

[brainless liberal mode on]
    It’s important to realize that these people are just here to work and they are comitting these crimes because of a lack of acceptance into our society. This should be seen for what it is, a cry for help, a cry for justice, a cry for acceptance. Perhaps this man had previously visited a DMV and was told that he couldn’t get a driver’s license, and so, fed up with having to ride his bike everywhere, took out his frustrations on our racist, exploitive society by committing this terrible act.
    [brainless liberal mode off]

47 Wyoming 89 Bush
    48 Idaho 87 Bush
    49 Utah 87 Bush
    50 Mississippi 85 Bush

61. Anonymous said on 26 Oct 2007 at 2:50 pm:

Peter Danlyn on 26 Oct 2007 at 12:36 pm:

I don’t believe you can cite many plusses for the “Hispanic” culture. Now, if you are talking about the Spanish culture, that is another thing. The Spaniards do have a culture that is on an equal with any civilized country on this planet. Spain has made many contributions to the world, and yes, they have done some things they are not proud of. I wish people would drop the “Hispanic” monika and call them “Latinos” as they are not Spaniards and have very little Spanish blood in their veins. The only common ground is the language and the “Latinos” do not even speak that properly. The Spanish language they speak has been basterdized over the centuries. The history books will confirm that the people who inhabited what is now South and Central America were a violent people, fought among themselves and performed vituals that included the human sacrifice of men, women and children. Look at Mexico today. That country thrives off of violence (going back to their early culture?) and corruption. Many of the Central and South American countries have histories of viloence and treat their people like dirt. Look at the civil unrest and war most of the Central American countries have experienced in the last 20-30 years (el Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala and yes, even Mexico.) Hispanic culture? Give us some positive examples please.

62. es_la_ley said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:00 pm:

Bridget @ 26 Oct 2007 at 7:13 am:

Yikes! What surprises me about this is that it happened in my home town (Wheeling, WV)! There’s not a very large population of illegal aliens, or even legal immigrants, in that area, although it is a hub for travelers going in the four cardinal directions.

That guy pleaded guilty to 2nd degree sexual assault and got a mandatory 10-25 years. He was let off easy. However, knowing what I know about the correctional facilities in that state, the odds are highly unlikely that he will be watching the ball drop on New Year’s Eve.

They really don’t take to kindly to child rapists back home.

63. MP Resident said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:03 pm:

I’ll tell you whose brainless–someone who posts data that is unverified and which is debunked on Snopes:

64. MP Resident said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:04 pm:

Was that the sound of a brainless liberal getting smacked down?

65. MP Resident said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:10 pm:

What I find most interesting about that chart, by the way, is that it is claimed to have been sourced from “IQ and the Wealth of Nations”. I wonder what that book has to say about the average IQ of the country this rapist is from?

Well, you’ll just have to look it up for yourself.

66. not scopes or wikipedia said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:11 pm:

The General Social Survey includes a ten item vocabulary test, coded WORDSUM, which is likely strongly correlated with intelligence. This is an opportunity for us to determine whether liberals and Democrats are smarter than conservatives and Republicans.

For the purpose of this comparison, I consider a high vocabulary score to be 9 or 10 correct answers on the vocabulary test (WORDSUM 9-10).

LIBERALS ARE SMARTER THAN CONSERVATIVES

Of those who consider themselves “liberal” or “extremely liberal” (POLVIEWS 1-2), 20.8% had high vocabulary scores.

Of whose who consider themselves “conservative” or “extremely conservative” (POLVIEWS 6-7), only 13.8% had high vocabulary scores.

67. MP Resident said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:12 pm:

Either post a link to your crap or shut up.

68. es_la_ley said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:14 pm:

MP Resident: “Was that the sound of a brainless liberal getting smacked down?”

I believe it was!

69. sam clemmens said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:20 pm:

Not smart enough to find it on you own?

It’s called a search engine.

Like a brain, it’s there to use.

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

70. es_la_ley said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:26 pm:

Gee. Who woulda thunk?

71. MP Resident said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:27 pm:

I used a search engine to find out that the crap you posted was debunked. If you’re going to post those sorts of claims, you could include a link to them. Maybe if you had searched for one you’d have found the Snopes page and avoided looking like an idiot.

72. MP Resident said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:29 pm:

“So the moonbats devise a “vocabulary test” to see if moonbats are more intelligent that conservatives, and the moonbats win.”

One small problem is that vocubulary is but one small measure of human intelligence. Any IQ test that, for exmple, a psychologist would use, such as Wechsler or Stanford-Binet, has several subtests that measure various facets of human intelligence.

73. MP Resident said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:30 pm:

vocubulary should be vocabulary. Typing too fast.

74. es_la_ley said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:41 pm:

Yea, I know. :)

My take on dealing with Libs is treating them like a garbage can half-full of rattlesnakes. Whack the can repeatedly with a stick, get ‘em all pissed off, then go watch a movie.

Sometimes I get bit. Most times not. :-)

75. No Way, Jose said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:43 pm:

It’s like Ann Coulter says: If the Democrats had any brains they’d be Republicans!!

76. MP Resident said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:46 pm:

What an interesting description. Brings to mind the “reptillian brain”:

77. Anonymous said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:58 pm:

Possible suspect was riding a bicycle. Hmmmmmm, makes you wonder!

78. Anonymous said on 26 Oct 2007 at 4:24 pm:

Por La Raza

“Joining the Minutemen because you have an issue with illegal immigration is like joining a White supremacist group because you have an issue with affirmative action,” said Janet Murguía, NCLR’s president, as the group announced it will boycott Kansas City by moving its 2009 annual conference out of the city.

NCLR’s board reached the decision in a vote this weekend as retaliation against Kansas City Mayor Mark Funkhouser, a Democrat who took office in May and a month later appointed Frances Semler to the city’s parks and recreation board.

Semler’s offense was she has been a member of the local chapter of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps — the group that calls for enforcement of immigration laws and has organized citizen patrols of the U.S.-Mexico border.

“An active member of the Minutemen should not be an official representative for a city that purports to believe in diversity,” said Monica Lozano, chairwoman of the NCLR board.

Since Semler’s appointment, the city council passed a resolution called on her to step down or be removed but the mayor has stuck by her.

– Stephen Dinan, national political reporter, The Washington Times

Posted on October 22, 2007 4:27 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | View blog reactions | Digg It

79. Krutis said on 26 Oct 2007 at 5:29 pm:

80. obit said on 26 Oct 2007 at 5:44 pm:

Anonymous said on 26 Oct 2007 at 3:58 pm:

“Possible suspect was riding a bicycle. Hmmmmmm, makes you wonder!

What faster way to get around in NY?

81. es_la_ley said on 26 Oct 2007 at 6:04 pm:

krutis mentioned: “es la ley 3:00pm- Speaking of W. Virginia. Do you remember those WHITE LEGAL citizens who treated a black girl in a way that’s past beastly? What’s happened to them, anyway?”

Do you think that since I’m from West Virginia I condone that?

82. monticup said on 26 Oct 2007 at 6:58 pm:

That was a typical lefty move by Krutis. He thinks he is smarter than everyone else and then goes and makes stupid statements that reveals his muddled thinking.

I spend a lot of time around Greenbriar County, WV. The WalMart there is swarming with illegal aliens. They are there for the high end development construction. They seem to travel in groups of 5-6 men/boys. West Virginians are so polite, they just don’t pay attention to them.

83. josh said on 26 Oct 2007 at 7:21 pm:

lafayette,

that pool picture is but nasty! Looks like green puke :(

Those mattresses stacked out in front of the house are unbelievable, guess they were too flea ridden from being inside that flophouse. Ricky looks like he lost a little bit of weight, either the buffet ran out of food or he’s been flapping his jaws a bit too much :)

I cant believe they came close to your car in some of the pic’s, They never come up to mine..maybe it’s my stunning personality :)

Keep taking some more, I’m still looking for that dream shot!

84. Lafayette said on 26 Oct 2007 at 7:46 pm:

Josh,
    Nasy stuff indeed!! I’m in process of next album featuring “Zoning Violations”. I knew you’d like them.
    Stay tuned.

85. es_la_ley said on 26 Oct 2007 at 7:49 pm:

Lafayette, Josh: What pics? Where?

86. AWCheney said on 26 Oct 2007 at 8:09 pm:

Bridget, forgive those that forgot your previous posts and failed to recognize that your remark was, indeed, sarcastic. For future reference, I’ve found it to be sensible to include a “sarcasm alert” when attempting subtle humor.

With regard to this IQ debate…did anyone notice that most of the “lower” IQ states have significant populations of illegal aliens? Given that IQ statistics are generally compiled by school systems, that IS something to think about. Just a thought.

87. the correctifier said on 26 Oct 2007 at 8:22 pm:

On IQ by State. As the previously posted numbers were exposed as innacurate, I’ve posted a link that appears to correct. Although more interspersed, you’ll still notice a bunch of blue at the top and a bunch of red at the bottom.

88. Lafayette said on 26 Oct 2007 at 8:50 pm:

es_la_ley,
    Here you go. Enjoy.
    Josh,
    New album ZONING VIOLATIONS, now up for the viewing pleasure of all.
    AWC,
    I agree myself and others may have been quick to jump on Bridget. However, with regards to a rape it’s all business, not the place for a sarcasm tag. This is less than 10 minutes on foot from my house. Way to touchy of a subject for my taste. I love a laugh and sarcastic comment just as much as the next. I did say this earlier.
    Lafayette said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:37 am:
    I sure hope she was being sarcastic.
    Perhaps, she’ll explain her comments. I remain openminded.
    If Bridget explains. I will be more than happy to apologize.

89. Bridget said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:01 pm:

Wow.

First off, please allow me to apologize to any and all who assumed that I was being anything but sarcastic. I clearly failed to clarify.

I am very and truly sorry that I upset or insulted anyone regarding this most hideous crime.

It was my intent to underscore the current state of utter insanity that we all face today.

For the love of all that we hold dear and sacred … a Mexican man stands in an American courtroom and points to his homeland … his hometown “culture”, traditions, mores, practices - call them what you will- in order to justify his using a child for sex. In the hopes that invoking his cultural mores might help to mitigate the charges. What he is saying is that where he is from; there is no law- whether moral, ethical or otherwise that directs him not to take and use children for sex.

90. madmom said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:14 pm:

Number to call about grafitti - 703-792-7018.
    For PW County residents.

91. GO FIGURE said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:19 pm:

Lafayette,

Thank you for posting the pictures.

The yellow house is very cute and can see that it was updated ( for those that know the hood)
    This is a prime example of there is good in keeping up to date and trying to transform the old neighborhoods ( as someone said in some other thread, if you just add a little bit of landscaping, etc.,)

DUH!

First responders, others looking for homes, there are some cute houses with a lot of potential, come we are trying to pick up where others have left off.

92. madmom said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:29 pm:

When I called my next batch of 4 houses in to Neighborhood Services, I asked them what they could do about these houses.

The woman told me that they ask how many people live there. They can get any answer, and have to believe it.

She said that the people don’t have to show any proof of who they are, if they are citizens, if they are related, etc.

And, they don’t have to allow the inspectors in the house.

So I said, your hands are pretty well tied then, and she said - yes. And I said - so, the so-called laws have no teeth what-so-ever in them, right? And she said yes.

So there - even our laws are so outdated that we can’t do a damn thing about these houses. I say get rid of all those zoning inspectors if they are just
    there to give us a sense of “someone doing something”. It’s BS.

93. GO FIGURE said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:50 pm:

Madmom,
    It is not the inspectors ( yes ,in some cases some have been to be proven worthless of their job) BUT as the lady told you, it is how the law is set up!

Our laws lay out the welcome mat to come, rub your feet!
    It is this ,that we have to comprehend and change the root of the problem, our laws that are NOT enforced ANYWAY!

94. Patty said on 26 Oct 2007 at 10:14 pm:

Bridget,

I’m glad you cleared the air.

Many of us live near this house and we have daughters. This subject is too sensitive. We live on the edge here and we don’t like it that illegals have deposited themselves and their criminal activities in our neighborhood. We’ve been tagged by SUR 13 and MS 13. For me this a subject that hits too close to home literally. It has got to the point where I can’t let my daughter ride her bike around our block by herself.

Apology accepted.

95. redawn said on 26 Oct 2007 at 10:25 pm:

Patty,

I have to correct you, or add to your comment: We have all been saying it is just close to home, or a little close to home, IT IS HOME AND KEEPS GETTING WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

96. mike austin said on 26 Oct 2007 at 10:33 pm:

Bridget,
    I apologize to you for my reaction to your post. It was not clear to me that you were not serious, and after three days this week in CJ’s murder trial, I seem to have lost my sense of humor about this whole thing!

97. Anonymous said on 26 Oct 2007 at 10:38 pm:

“madmom said on 26 Oct 2007 at 9:14 pm:
    Number to call about graffiti - 703-792-7018.
    For PW County residents.”

The County has a program and says people should report graffiti to the Police Non-Emergency number 703-792-6500. They have a program something like spot it, report it remove it.

See link below:

98. Dolph said on 27 Oct 2007 at 7:46 am:

Bridget is a regular, but not daily, contributor to this blog. She and I have sparred, agreed, sort of agreed to disagree….and it never occurred to me that her post was anything but tongue-in-cheek.

I am surprised that with all the righteous indignation over sarcasm that no one expressed the same outrage over the hi-jacking of this thread earlier or the fact that this story has been allowed to die on the vine.

Has anyone contacted PWCPD for additional information? I have emailed the reporter who originally reported the story and she has been unable to obtain additional information from the police. You would think if the mad rapist were in our midsts, the local police would be doing more to work with the community. Does anyone else find something a little off-putting about any of this?

99. Lafayette said on 27 Oct 2007 at 9:44 am:

Bridget,
    I’m sorry for my comments yesterday. This is just way to close my house, and it’s is just SICKENING. I know you don’t post that often, and I’m not as familiar with your thoughts as others. This is just a very touchy subject. Please, take a look at this on Channel 4 this morning.
    4 Sexual assults at church in Laurel, MD. Youngest victim was 4yrs old.
    Dolph,
    Yes, this thread is highjacked just like all the rest of them, I’m sorry to say. I don’t understand why there hasn’t been more coverage on this rape in Loch Lomond of a 10yr. old. Do the police have a composite yet? Maybe the victim knew the suspect? There are still lots of questions to be answered, and will be doing some digging today. I will post any and all updates on this thread. I’m the one who asked Greg to open this thread up and gave him the limited info available on it. We must get to the bottom of this.

100. Lafayette said on 27 Oct 2007 at 9:57 am:

GO FIGURE,
    I’ve told the PWCBOS, neighbors, and fellow posters on bvbl this. Now, is the time for our teachers, first responders, etc back into the county. The houses are once again affordable. All of these fine folks got priced out of PWC, and all the while the flop houses were growing in numbers and in size.
    I’m pleased to say all of those Zoning Violations no longer exist, and I will be getting updated pictures up soon. I want people to see that we can better our communities with a little work. The county only knows about the violations that get called into them.
    madmom,
    For grafitti I think you really need to call both PWPD and Public Works. However, the police need to investigate the taggings before they are removed. I’ve expressed concern over the fact the citizen’s should not have to call two numbers for one incident. I’m working very hard with the county to get this process streamlined.
    There is one Zoning inspector that MUST go. There’s all one other holding a high position in Neighborhood Servcies that MUST go to, and she makes a six figure income I heard. I’ve got no proof that it’s true. I’m inclinded to believe it is. Those inspectors make a pretty good dollar themselves.
    Now, where that composite drawing from PWCPD?

101. Lafayette said on 27 Oct 2007 at 10:15 am:

Visit this website to get e-notifications from PWC. They have a big list topics to get info. on. Please, take advantage of this.
    Please, become involved, get active, and call the county for zoning and/or building code violations, and any criminal activity. These things will ALL play a huge part in getting the “red carpet” rolled up in PWC.

102. Vigilant1 said on 27 Oct 2007 at 11:39 am:

Lafayette on 26 Oct 2007 at 8:50 pm:

If you haven’t already done so, I would write a letter rpt letter to Warner, Webb and Wolf and enclose a CD with all of the zoning violation photos to show them what is going on. Unless they see what is happening, they are removed from the situation. I have invited them all to tour this area and see for themselves what the situation is. None of them acknowledged my request but maybe, just maybe they would look at the photos. It’s worth a shot!

103. Dolph said on 27 Oct 2007 at 11:53 am:

The three jurisdictions need to agressively clean out the homeless living in the woods around the Manassas area. This is a safety issue. We need to know who is living around us. There is also the issue of setting the woods on fire.

There are several woods ‘colonies’ over off of Mathis and Breeden, down near the public works building. These need to go! I understand that there are also people living over behind Westgate Shopping Center.

We don’t need these shanty towns in our area!

104. madmom said on 27 Oct 2007 at 1:36 pm:

Dolph,
    I sent you an email last night around 9pm. The
    subject line was “from madmom, bvbl site”.
    Just checking to see if you got it or it was sent to the spam pile.
    I’m heading out to get the little information I have out to my neighbors. I need a phone number that they can call for anonymous tips. Anyone know that number? (PW Co. police)
    Thanks,

105. Lafayette said on 27 Oct 2007 at 2:07 pm:

PWCPD Non-Emergency 703-792-6500
    Here’s a list of numbers from PWPD website.
    To report a CrimeSolvers tip, please call toll-free 1-866-411-TIPS. You don’t have to give your name, just the information. You could earn up to a $1,000 cash reward.
    Major Property Crimes
    703-792-7245
    Records
    703-792-6562
    Recruiting (Employment)
    703-792-6580
    Traffic** (Special Ops)
    **If your question is about a traffic citation, you MUST call the number listed on the citation for any Court information.
    703-792-7254
    Training (Academy)
    703-792-6599
    Vice & Narcotics
    703-792-7248
    Commander -East (Patrol)
    703-792-7202
    Commander -West (Patrol)
    703-792-6542
    Here’s the homepage for the PWPD. Please, visit it..

106. Gone Fishing said on 27 Oct 2007 at 3:00 pm:

Has there been any additional information on the horrible
    incident …. was that Yorkshire or Loch Lomand? We need
    more information, I agree with all.
    Lafayette, thank you for the photos, they are pretty disgusting,
    that’s for sure, regardless of the opinion of Krutis. One thing
    I would like to know is whether you are doing this alone, or
    is there someone with you when you go out with your camera?
    Hopefully, you are not alone, for this is very dangerous indeed.

107. josh said on 27 Oct 2007 at 4:21 pm:

I still cant get over the green pool…nasty!

Ricky still looks like he’s sweating or something..guess he took a dunk in the green pool before the photo was snapped.

The dead rats (or are those possums) is pretty gross too.

108. Lafayette said on 27 Oct 2007 at 4:36 pm:

Gone Fishing,
    Thanks for the concern.
    No new info yet on rape.
    However, I must go off topicI’m sure will love this, and we won’t be seeing a thread on this topic.
    Did you see this tid bit in the MJM about Glendell. Looks, like he finally responded.
    All please read..
    Josh,
    Rats dude!! Next album possibly tonight. Condsidering pictures of the masses at rally and PWCBOS meetings. Of course that means more pictures of su amigo Ricky J.

109. Gone Fishing said on 27 Oct 2007 at 4:37 pm:

Josh, I couldn’t figure if they are rats, cats, or whatever!
    You are right….Nasty!

110. Anonymous said on 27 Oct 2007 at 4:38 pm:

Dolph on 27 Oct 2007 at 11:53 am:

The is/was a substantial hobo community in the field in back of the Westgate Giant. In the past year or two there have been at least 2 murders comitted in there. I have heard the owner (lives in New Jersey) has been notified to clear the property. That was months ago and it remains as it was. No enforcement again!

111. Lafayette said on 27 Oct 2007 at 4:39 pm:

Here’s the PWPD’s website. It has some good information. Check it out and save as a Favorite.
    Here’s the link for various various phone numbers to the PWPD.

112. Anonymous said on 27 Oct 2007 at 4:40 pm:

josh on 27 Oct 2007 at 4:21 pm:

It looks like a possum. It was probably the familie(s) pet (you know they have to have animals to remind them of home like chickens, ducks and possums. The smell inside of the house probably killed it!

113. Lafayette said on 27 Oct 2007 at 4:44 pm:

Gone Fishing,
    Glad to see you. You are most welcome, and gents those are RATS! I just tried posting, but I don’t see.
    *OFF TOPIC* Does pertain to public safety and transporting of prisoners. This is very concerning.
    Did you see this tid bit about the escapee from today’s paper?
    Glendell finally answered the MJM.
    Josh,
    I’m think of the next album might be entitled “Gathering Of
    The Illegal Masses”. Oh yes, this means more pix of Ricky, Nancy, and John Steinbah. You’ll love those too. Did you like the last batch?

114. Lafayette said on 27 Oct 2007 at 4:48 pm:

Vigilant1,
    These pictures were given to the PWCBOS, in June sometime. The due process can take up to 6 months before any real action is taken against a homeowner. Too long I say.
    Anon@4:40
    Those rats came after the 4-5′ tall grass was cut down. Take a look at those pictures.

115. josh said on 27 Oct 2007 at 5:41 pm:

the pictures are awesome,

Watching them in a slideshow is great.

I did see about the escape, seems like someone is falling asleep on the job at the jail :(

116. Anonymous said on 27 Oct 2007 at 5:50 pm:

Why is the Town of Herndon concerned about how many people live in your home ?

Over-occupancy of dwelling units creates health and safety dangers to home occupants and their neighbors. These dangers include fire hazards, spread of disease to occupants and the general population, an opportunity for domestic violence and abuse, effects to mental health, and other adverse impacts on the peace, comfort, and safety of residents. To protect against
    these dangers, the Town established regulations limiting the number of occupants in a residence. These regulations are intended to ensure a good living environment in residential neighborhoods and reduce vehicle congestion, noise, and overwhelming of public utilities.

What determines the number of people who can live in your home?

The Town utilizes the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC) and the Herndon Zoning Ordinance to ensure the safe occupancy of dwelling units.

In general, the limitations are based on the size of the house, the size and number of bedrooms, the relationships of the residents, and fire safety standards. Failure to comply with any portion of these requirements constitutes a violation of legal occupancy allowances.

A. Occupancy Standards Based on the Size of the Residence
    The Town limits the number of adult occupants in a house based upon the size of the entire dwelling unit. The following table outlines these limits for single family and two-family dwellings.

Livable Floor Area of Dwelling Unit (in square feet)

Maximum Number of Adult Occupants*

901 to 1,200 4 adult occupants
    1,201 to 1,750 5 related adult occupants
    1,751 to 2,400 6 related adult occupants
    2,401 to 3,150 7 related adult occupants
    3,151 to 4,000 8 related adult occupants
    4,001 to 4,500 9 related adult occupants
    4,501 to 5,000 10 related adult occupants

* Adult occupant means any individual 18 years of age or older, living or sleeping in a building, or having possession of space within a building.

Standards taken from the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code, §404.4.1 and the Code of Ordinances, Town of Herndon, Virginia §78-2, §78-1355, and §78-1356.

In a condominium or apartment, the number of adults allowed is calculated by taking the square footage of the unit and dividing by 200. The result gives the number of adults who may live in that unit according to this standard (e.g., 5 adults are allowed a 1000 square foot unit, though the standards of Section B will likely reduce the number allowed).

B. Occupancy Standards for Bedrooms :

One occupant – requires at least 70 square feet of floor area.
    Two or more occupants – at least 50 square feet of floor area per person.

Required Bedroom Area
    Bedroom Size
    (square feet)

Maximum Number of
    Occupants per Room*
    70 1
    100 2
    150 3
    200 4
    * Number of occupants includes adults and children.

C. Relationship of Occupants

Residential dwellings may be occupied by any one of the following groups of persons or types of families:
    1) Persons who are all related to one another by blood, marriage, or adoption2 (subject to building and bedroom size regulations).
    2) Up to four persons who are not all related to one another by blood, marriage, or adoption.
    3) Two unrelated persons and any children related to either of them.
    4) No more than eight persons who are residents of a group home as defined within the Code of Virginia, or who are handicapped as defined in the Fair Housing Act.

The ordinance also allows up to two persons who may be servants, live-in companions to the elderly or disabled, or “au-pair” employees to occupy the residence in addition to members of the family as defined above, EXCEPT a family as described in #2.

2 Persons who are related includes husbands, wives, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, and first cousins (including
    “step” or “half” such relationships) as demonstrated by official public records such as drivers’ licenses, birth or marriage certificates; or by affidavits.

117. ateacher said on 27 Oct 2007 at 6:18 pm:

Today my daughter and her friend, both 13 walked up to Sudley Elem a mere .5 miles from my house. I suddenly got a panicked phone call from my daughter…”Come get us! We are being followed by men in a truck!” I immediately drove to Sudley. As I approached the school, I noticed a truck with two men making a u-turn in the parking lot of the church next door to Sudley. I actually thought nothing of this until as I drove by Sudley my daughter and her friend flew out of of a bush jumped into the car and yelled “Those are the guys!” They referred to the truck behind me. Apparently my daughter and her friend were walking down Copleland toward my home when the truck pulled up and the passenger opened the door, winked and gestured for them to get in. The girls ran in the opposite direction and the two men in the truck turned to follow them. My daughter said she and her friend hid in a bush, and they observed that “truck kept driving up and down”. Unfortunately, I did not get the license plate, but I do know that it was a 2 door ford pick up in bumble bee yellow. I got out of my car and approached them but they skidded off across Sudley Manor into the West Gate subdivision.

[Ed note: That is my church you’re referring to, around the corner from my house. There WILL be eyes out there for this one. I’ll let you know what turns up.]

118. Anonymous said on 27 Oct 2007 at 6:44 pm:

Spitzer caves!

Newsday.com
    Homeland Security strikes deal with New York on driver’s licenses
    By DEVLIN BARRETT

Associated Press Writer

3:17 PM EDT, October 27, 2007

WASHINGTON

The Bush administration and New York cut a deal Saturday to create a new generation of super-secure driver’s licenses for U.S. citizens, but also allow illegal immigrants to get a version.

New York is the fourth state to reach such an agreement on federally approved secure licenses, after Arizona, Vermont and Washington. The issue is pressing for border states, where new and tighter rules are soon to go into effect for crossings.

The deal comes about one month after New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer announced a plan whereby illegal immigrants with a valid foreign passport could obtain a license.

Saturday’s agreement with the Homeland Security Department will create a three-tier license system in New York. It is the largest state to sign on so far to the government’s post-Sept. 11 effort to make identification cards more secure.

Spitzer, who has faced much criticism on the issue, said the deal means New York “will usher in the most secure licensing system in the nation.”

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said he was not happy that New York intended to issue IDs to illegal immigrants. But he said there was nothing he could do to stop it.

“I don’t endorse giving licenses to people who are not here legally, but federal law does allow states to make that choice,” Chertoff said.

“It’s going to be a big deal up in Buffalo, it’s going to be a big deal on the Canadian side of the border,” Chertoff said.

The governor made clear he is going forward with his plan allowing licenses for illegal immigrants. But advocates on both sides of the debate said Spitzer had caved to pressure by adopting the administration’s stance on tighter security standards for most driver’s licenses.

GOP Rep. Thomas Reynolds, who represents the Buffalo suburbs, said he was glad Washington had heeded his concerns about border identification. But he said he feared that Spitzer “is taking this state down a risky path” by giving any kind of license to illegal immigrants.

Under the compromise, New York will produce an “enhanced driver’s license” that will be as secure as a passport. It is intended for people who soon will need to meet such ID requirements, even for a short drive to Canada.

A second version of the license will meet new federal standards of the Real ID Act. That law is designed to make it much harder for illegal immigrants or would-be terrorists to obtain licenses.

A third type of license will be available to undocumented immigrants. Spitzer has said this ID will make the state more secure by bringing those people “out of the shadows” and into American society, and will lower auto insurance rates.

Those licenses will be clearly marked to show they are not valid federal ID. Officials, however, would not say whether that meant local law enforcement could use such a license as probable cause to detain someone they suspected of being in the U.S. illegally.

“Besides being a massive defeat for the governor, I can’t imagine many _ if any _ illegal immigrants coming forward to get the driver’s licenses, because they’d basically be labeled as illegal,” said New York Rep. Peter King, the top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee.

New York has between 500,000 and 1 million undocumented immigrants, many of whom are driving without a license and car insurance or with fake driver’s licenses, Spitzer said in September when he announced his executive order.

The administration has not finalized standards for Real ID-compliant driver’s licenses. Spitzer said he believed the new licenses would meet those standards or come very close.

Many states say it is too expensive to comply with the law; seven of them have passed legislation opposing Real ID. Neither the governor nor Chertoff would say how much it would cost to put the system in place or who would pay for it.

Donna Lieberman, executive director of the New York Civil Liberties, said Spitzer’s move effectively revives a faltering ID program. “The governor’s stunning lack of courage is aiding the Bush administration in clamping down on civil liberties,” Lieberman said.

119. obit said on 27 Oct 2007 at 6:51 pm:

stick a fork in it, America is done

120. Anonymous said on 27 Oct 2007 at 7:01 pm:

ateacher on 27 Oct 2007 at 6:18 pm:

Hope you filed a police report and provided a description of the vehicle. Don’t imagine there are too many yellow Ford pickups in this area.

121. Dolph said on 27 Oct 2007 at 7:54 pm:

Madmom,

I answered your email about 8:30 this morning. It is from an email address different than the one you sent it to. Leave me an email if you did not get it.

ateacher,

You do need to call the non emergency police number and let them know what happened today. Red flags are going off all over the place. We will all keep an eye out for the bumble bee pick up. Hopefully someone can get a license number.

122. Gone Fishing said on 27 Oct 2007 at 8:24 pm:

Lafayette, I did see the article on the front page w/the photos
    and lol when reading Hill’s remark that “the incident is not
    indicative of the performance of the SO” Oh, I think so! There
    are so many incidents that we never hear about because the
    police are not involved, but they happen with regularity. He
    needs four more years to accomplish changes such as security
    and to provide support to local law enforcement agencies….
    Is he kidding?? What a hypocrite! Isn’t that what started the
    turf wars between the former sheriff and Charlie? Truth be
    told, he probably needs four more years to perfect his golf game at the taxpayers expense.
    Lafayette, now see what you’ve done? Got me all fired up!

ateacher, a yellow Ford pickup truck shouldn’t be too difficult to spot, somebody will see it and turn them in for sure. I hope to
    God it happens soon!

123. Lafayette said on 28 Oct 2007 at 12:27 am:

Gone Fishing,
    I knew it get you fired up! I found so many lies in the article it’s not even funny. I love the part about security updrades, and then there’s the Child ID program. The Sheriff’s Office, used to be at the Fair where your child could be fingerprinted right on the spot. I have noticed this at the fair the last few years. Hmmm. More to come. I hope others to notice and read too.
    ateacher,
    Yellow Ford pickup is on my radar. These guys must be found. Did you report this to PWPD?

124. Lafayette said on 28 Oct 2007 at 2:12 am:

Gone Fishing,
    corr: No Child Id Program at Fair. Hmm.
    What’s next?-lol

125. Around the corner said on 28 Oct 2007 at 11:58 am:

Date of Release: 102307

Type of Offense: Forge Public Document

Dates of Occurrence: 102107 1003

Location: 200 Block Manassas Drive

Vehicles Involved: 2001 Chevrolet Impala

Suspects:

Arrests: Olvin Daneris Rivas Guzman, 23, 123 Forrest Street, Manassas Park

Mr. Rivas Guzman was stopped for traffic violations. Investigation revealed that Mr. Rivas Guzman had provided false information about his identity to the officer and had signed this false name on the two traffic summonses. He was arrested, charged with two counts of forging public documents, providing false identification to a police officer, driving on a suspended operators license, and not seat belting a child, brought to the ADC, and held on $7,000 bond. Court date–120607. In addition, Mr. Rivas Guzman was wanted in Stafford County for failure to appear in court and was held without bond on that charge.

126. Around the corner said on 28 Oct 2007 at 12:26 pm:

Virginia State Police Missing Children List

look at how many are just in our area

Also with Halloween approaching, here is the sex offender data base to search ( KNOW offenders)

127. Lafayette said on 28 Oct 2007 at 12:29 pm:

Around the corner,
    Thanks for the information. The Park is just a quick walk. There was ID ring that got busted late spring or early summer at Global Mart on Portsmouth Dr. by The NoVa Regional Gang Task Force. They swarmed the place, we saw an American girl get arrested and the paper gave her name. There are plenty of illegal alien lovers amongst us. This is disgusting.
    New slogan for Virginia…
    Virginia is for Lovers of the Rule of Law!

128. anon said on 28 Oct 2007 at 1:01 pm:

129. Anonymous said on 28 Oct 2007 at 5:12 pm:

Doesnt sound like the same truck, but theres a huge F-350 bumblebee yellow truck near me thats a contractor truck, but its 4 door and has writing on it. Its also jacked up on a lift kit.

130. ateacher said on 29 Oct 2007 at 9:06 pm:

I did report the incident to the non-emergency number, and an officer arrive in less than an hour to take the report. Both girls were very descriptive when describing what happened: Walking home from Sudley Elem, the truck with two Hispanic males pulled over. The passenger opened his door, winked and gestured for them to get in. The girls ran in the opposite direction, hid in the shrubs nearby, and witnessed the truck drive by “at least five times”. They called me, I drove to get them and I too witnessed the same truck. My daughter’s friend took a picture of the truck with her cell phone. Not a clear photo of the license plate however. The cop I must say was at first, in my opinion kinda blowing them off, but after seeing the photo, and hearing what they had to say he seemed a bit more interested. He did tell them that in the future when something like this occurs, they should call 911, and then call a parent. He made a report with a report number. I told him that it was important that we make a report should similar occurences happen in the future to others, and he agreed.

131. APB said on 29 Oct 2007 at 10:22 pm:

A commenter spoke of a yellow truck above, I have never seen it on move, always parked.
    Can you tell us more as to the year, big, small etc.? I have another truck in my vision that had black stripes, from the hood, etc..rounder, newer….

132. Anonymous said on 30 Oct 2007 at 9:00 am:

Where are the flyers with the composite picture? What is the latest on what is going on? Looks like this story ended abruptly for some reason.

133. ateacher said on 30 Oct 2007 at 8:02 pm:

No stripes or anything on the truck. No logo either unless it was magnetic. I saw none. I’m not the make and model pro that my husband is, but I was able to discern that it was a 2-door, Ford pick-up, bumble bee yellow. It was rounder with black in the body curve where the wheels are. Does that make sense? My daughter has asked her friend to send the picture, my husband said if he looks at it he may be able to figure out the year. I will try to upload the photo. It is however a front end photo, and license plate is not easily readable. Had I had my wits about me I might have thought to follow and get the plate numbers. But alas, I did not.

134. Michael said on 30 Oct 2007 at 10:56 pm:

Funny thing about IQs, they are highly individualistic, with an extremly broad statistical spread. Many claim you cannot group them by racial, gender, religious or ethnic groups or to prove anything with averages, even though those averages show differences. I agree we should NEVER look at the averages even if they are different. Far better to be against (or with some of you: for) stupidity, but then you need to only look at the individual to see how broad that is. I prefer to look at basic ability, skillls, and talent in a multitude of ways of measuring IQ, and trying to recognize intelligence in many areas even if it is not in all areas. I just don’t like it when one gender, racial group, ethnic group or religious group is given special intelligence compensating privileges to benefit that group, while banning some other group (gender, ethnic, racial, religious) from the same privileges, and not considering ONLY ability and skills for those privileges and opportunities. I think that is what is fundamentally wrong with the diversity, inclusion and multi-culturalism concepts. These concepts are facist ways of getting special privileges for a GROUP which would not normally deserve it unless it was ONLY based on each individual’s unique abilities. This is why I am against such concepts, being just as wrong as facist white supremist advocacy for special educational and business privileges just for that group as a priviliged matter enforced by law. Diversity, inclusion and multi-culturalism legal privileges and favoritism is just another way of saying the same illegal concept to benefit groups. It discrimminates against individuals.

135. Anonymous said on 31 Oct 2007 at 10:19 am:

Update on Alleghany Rd. Rape Case
    Police have a suspect in custody, on an unrelated charge. That’s about all they can say. They are waiting for some test results, that may take awhile
    because of the back up at the labs.

136. redawn said on 8 Nov 2007 at 6:07 pm:

Anonymous,
    Do you know what other charges, name, etc.? Thanks for the update