2007 Election Predictions

By Greg L | 29 October 2007 | Prince William County | 56 Comments

Despite having a somewhat imperfect record in calling elections in Prince William County, I’m going to go out on a limb here and make some predictions anyways, some which will make readers happy, and some which won’t. Here’s how I believe the elections in Prince William County are going to shake out, and some not-so-subtle hints about where activists can make a difference if they want to avert some of these potential outcomes.

County Supervisors

Chairman: Corey Stewart (R) extends last year’s lead over Sharon Pandak (D) to 56%-44%. The immigration issue resonates with county voters. BVBL poll on this is even more optimistic, putting this at 62%-38%, but I don’t think there’s going to be quite this much crossover, although there’s good reason for it.

Woodbridge: Chris Royse (R) takes a 44% plurality to win, with Frank Principi (D) trailing at 40% and Keen (I) with 10% and Ramirez (I) with 6%. Hilda Barg’s only positive was her constituent service, and Principi can’t get that handed to him along with her endorsement. Again, immigration is the deciding factor.

Occoquan: Mike May(R) edges out John Gray(I) 56%-44% in what shouldn’t have been a difficult battle. John Gray is well known, but Mike May has a good record and the local Tom Davis team on his side.

Gainesville: John Stirrup(R) crushes Corey Riley(D) 61%-39%. This is all immigration policy driven, as this really is a contest between a rookie who is an illegal alien lobbyist and the media darling of the immigration crackdown. Stirrup’s strong record in Gainesville makes him the ideal candidate this year, making this the widest margin of all the uncontested races.

School Board

Brentsville: Gil Trenum (R) takes this 57%-43% over Desi Arnaiz (I) in a pretty much party-line vote.

Neabsco: Julie Lucas(R) takes 55%, with Belkacem Hacene-Djaballah(I/D endorsed) and Manes Pierre(I/D endorsed and withdrawn) fighting over the scraps, getting about an equal share. Julie Lucas is the only one here who isn’t in need of heavy doses of psychotropic medication, although they get votes for just not being an “R” in this district.

Constitutional Officers

Clerk Of The Court: Bill Ryland (D) wins with 39% over Michele McQuigg (R) at 34% and Lucy Beauchamp (I) at 27%. Beauchamp gets her revenge by peeling enough away from McQuigg to hand this to the Democrats. BVBL poll participants disagree, saying this will sort out McQuigg winning with 42%, with Ryland at 38% and Beauchamp at 20%. Last time I differed with my reader’s poll results, they called it and I was wrong.

Sheriff: Glen Hill (R) beats back Louis Dominguez (I/D endorsed) in a surprising 56-44% showing by Dominguez, who worked hard, but was terribly under-funded.

Commonwealth’s Attorney: Paul Ebert cruises to victory, but Ham Sandwich write-ins get an embarrassing 10% of the vote in a heavily under-voted race. Make a campaign sign to put in your precinct for Ham Sandwich in order to make this even better! While BVBL readers support Ham Sandwich by 75%, that’s 75% of only 114 votes, currently. To make a bigger dent in this, a lot more people have to learn about the qualifications of Ham Sandwich!

House of Delegates

13th District: Bob Marshall (R) defeats Bruce Roemmelt (D) 54%-46% with about the same dynamic as the last election in this district. BVBL readers are calling this as Marshall by 52%-48%, which I think somewhat understates the finance differential and the effect of the Marriage Amendment.

31st District: Scott Lingamfelter (R) defeats Bill Day (D) 57%-43%. Lingamfelter knocked an unreal amount of doors, and Day is a kook. It shouldn’t have even been this close.

50th District: Jackson Miller (R) defeats Jeanette Rishell (D) 55%-45%. The immigration issue drives this, and brain-dead crossover votes (such as Stewart/Rishell) are far fewer this year as voters know the candidates better than last year. BVBL readers are calling this by a bigger margin of 63%-37%, which understates Rishell’s hard campaigning efforts.

51st District: Faisal Gill (R) and Paul Nichols (D) end up in a statistical 50%-50% tie. Nichols’ lackluster campaign fails to capitalize on opportunities, and Gill exceeds expectations. In the end, Faisal Gill wins. BVBL poll participants give Nichols the edge 78%-22%, but this poll is skewed by heavy participation earlier in the campaign. I think the dynamic has changed considerably since then.

52nd District: Jeff Frederick (D) defeats the outclassed Chris Brown (D) 54%-46%. Immigration plays less a role in this race than some others, but Frederick’s strong financing and outstanding campaigning skills puts this beyond reach for Brown.

Senate

28th District: Richard Stuart (R) wins 51%-49% over Al Pollard (D) in a race where the Northern Neck almost ties, and Fredericksburg and Fauquier give Stuart a narrow edge. BVBL readers are calling this one 50%-50%.

29th District: Bob Fitzsimmonds (R) barely upsets Chuck Colgan (D) 51%-49% in the race that shuts Democrats out of gaining control of the Senate.

39th District: George Barker (D) knocks out Jay O’Brien (R) 52%-48% in the biggest disappointment of the election. Turnout in Prince William County doesn’t get high enough to offset Barker’s advantage in Fairfax County. If you’ve got time, this is the most important race to focus on.

Control Of The Senate

Republicans retain the majority in the Senate 21-19.

1. Anonymous said on 29 Oct 2007 at 6:59 am:

Paul Nichols and Faisal Gill in a dead heat?? You need to take meds, man.

Same goes for Michele McQuigg.

2. GOPer said on 29 Oct 2007 at 8:35 am:

Gill just received the Potomac News endorsement. Maybe the 51st isn’t a lost cause after all.

3. peace said on 29 Oct 2007 at 8:43 am:

You guys are also giving Corey Stewart way too much credit. Sharon Pandak is far more popular outside of HSM land.

4. Bushwick Bill said on 29 Oct 2007 at 8:44 am:

OK, I will only point out your most obvious errors. Glen Hill gets 70% of the vote. True, his fall campaign was not exactly energetic. But Dominguez is as kooky as Bill Day, and campaign signs don’t vote.

Also, Gill loses. Why? Not because I don’t like him, but because he has bitterly divided the Republican party in the 51st. Actions have consquences, and Kopkook’s Konvention will spell doom for Gill’s candidacy. Through an unforced error, we lose this seat.

Other than that, your reasoning is sound. If you turn out to be right on these races, I will buy you a beer.

5. Loudoun Insider said on 29 Oct 2007 at 9:22 am:

Greg, I love you man, but you seem to have inexplicably turned to Faisal Gill for whatever reason. No way he wins. No way.

6. Big Dog said on 29 Oct 2007 at 9:29 am:

Greg,
    If, as you predict, Fitzsimmons would allow
    the GOP to keep control of the Virginia Senate by
    one seat, then a Colgan victory would give the
    Democrats contol with our Senator Colgan as the majority
    leader.
    Senator Colgan with his seniority,
    vital relationships and vast knowledge will become
    an even more powerful voice for the the citizens of
    our community. Fitzsimmons, by contrast, would
    be delegated to a back bench with nominal influence
    over legislation.
    Senator Chuck Colgan is clearly our best choice.

7. Gone Fishing said on 29 Oct 2007 at 9:34 am:

Where is your head these days? Obviously you haven’t been
    listening to folk express their shock and awe over some of
    Hill’s shenanagans, especially those of late. The escape of
    the prisoner from custody is just the tip of the iceberg. A
    whole bunch of residents (especially parents of school children)
    are up in arms, considering the guy was roaming around for
    hours before being captured. I’ve heard that it was the FFX
    police (not MCPD) who finally caught up with him. Hill should
    have mobilized his fleet of golf carts to chase the fellow down,
    but wait a minute….he was away on a (drum roll) golfing trip!!

Greg,
    Dominguez refused to accept a donation from me quite some
    time ago, specifically citing that he intended to use his own
    money so as not to be “bought” or compromised and that, to
    me, is pretty darned noble. This could easily be a huge asset,
    for it shows that he is capable of achieving maximum utilization
    of resources….listen up, taxpayers!
    You, Greg, didn’t give Dominguez much of a chance of winning
    in the beginning, so it’s good to see that you have elevated
    his chances. Personally, I don’t expect Louis to win with money
    but in this case, with brain power.

8. Anonymous said on 29 Oct 2007 at 10:13 am:

I’m surprised you are showing that fruit loop Glendell Hill as winning this election. The escape is a reflection of Glendell Hill’s “change of culture” lets lay back and just go with the flow culture and it is the citizens that will pay the price.

9. Clean it up in '07 said on 29 Oct 2007 at 11:17 am:

Bushwick Bill just pretty much summed it up for me. I don’t have to write a response now. You’re right on the money Bushwick.

Greg’s analysis is very interesting. I never considered those kinds of numbers in the Clerk’s race, but that makes sense. Also, my biggest sadness of the election cycle is to lose Jay O’Brien in the State Sentae because of Tom Kopko’s antics in the 51st. Alot of us saw that one coming and it looks like it’s going to play out that way. It will be a sad Election Day.

10. James Young said on 29 Oct 2007 at 11:53 am:

On the other hand, if Gill and O’Brien both win, do we get the benefit of having you people go away? Oh, yeah, you don’t have to take any responsibility for your actions, since most of you lack the courage of your convictions to attach your names to what you devoutly hope will be your self-fulfilling prophecies.

And BTW, “Clean it up,” if those “antics in the 51st” were so serious, how is it that the only people complaining about them are those with an axe to grind.

The only “antics” of which I am aware are a bunch of sore losers so embittered by their own failures that they have to destroy someone else.

11. Gone Fishing said on 29 Oct 2007 at 12:30 pm:

Bushwick @8:44
    Usually, I make it a point never to respond to those who lower
    their standards to name-calling, but the more I think about your
    comment regarding the Dominguez signs, well, it seems to
    me that since they were bought and paid for from his own
    money, that counts for something!
    If you can’t give him credit for his training, experience and
    law enforcement certifications, his extraordinary community
    work right here in PWC for the last 40 years, then at least give
    him credit for for his creativity and frugality, which, by the way,
    he will be taking to the sheriff’s office when elected.

12. Brighter Future said on 29 Oct 2007 at 3:36 pm:

You can bet that Domingues is not taking any frugality to any place.
    He wants to move the jail,which will be bucks. He also wants to take charge ,just like Stoffregen was doing in his own way. He showed no respect for our Police Chief.

Hill came up through the Ranks in Police work,then the Jail he was the leader,so he knows alot and brought his wisdom with him as the Sheriff.

The ones writting against Hill, are Stoffergen people,and Dominguez will be a puppet for Stoffregen.

We decided over whelmingly 4 years ago that we wanted Hill and he has lived up to our expectations.

He’s getting his money from somewhere and it will show up after the election.

Just watch!!!!!

13. Anonymous said on 29 Oct 2007 at 4:10 pm:

Thank you Brighter Future for proving you do not know what you are talking about. You need to learn a little bit more about the people that are running for office before you speak and spew them out as facts.

14. Big Dog said on 29 Oct 2007 at 6:12 pm:

As a Manassas City resident and a student of local politics
    for over twenty-five years, I offer the following predictions.

The Victors:

- 29th Senate - Chuck Colgan
    - 50th House - Jackson Miller
    - Sheriff - Glen Hill
    - Clerk of the Court - Bill Ryland.

Common sense moderates prove once again
    that they vote for the person -not the party-
    and play a major role in close elections.

15. James Young said on 29 Oct 2007 at 6:17 pm:

“Common sense moderates” = anything the speaker/author wants it to.

In most cases, they’re people too ill-informed to either know what they believe, or what anyone else believes, for that matter.

16. Lafayette said on 29 Oct 2007 at 6:20 pm:

Brighter Future,
    We all know the courthouse has had much needed expansion, and will being nowhere. I think Mr. Dominguez was trying to point out the lack of security at the courthouse. I think he could explain it better than I. Shoot him an email.
    *****
    All concerned voters,
    I would suggest contacting Mr. Dominquez he’ll respond to you via email or phone call.
    louislgdominguez@aol.com
    **********
    Glendell only got elected, because everyone including life long Dems. had had ENOUGH of Stoffy. Therfore, we got stuck with for years of Glendell. He’s got something like 30 more deputies than Stoffy had, and yet the Sheriff’s is doing less in my opinion for the community as a whole.
    I had my daughter fingerprinted by the Sheriff’s Dept. at the PWC Fair about 11 years ago. The had a booth set up right outside the Commercial Bldg. for years. I haven’t seen in the last few years.Hmmmm. Perhaps, I just missed lately. I’m sure someone will come along and correct me if they know otherwise.

17. Big Dog said on 29 Oct 2007 at 7:37 pm:

James Young,

May I suggest you read “The Second Civil War:
    How Extreme Partisanship Has Paralyzed Washington
    and Polarized America” by Ronald Brownstein. (Note:
    a review by Jonathan Yardley was in the WaPo’s
    Sunday book section).
    There is far to much meanness, divisiveness
    and cynicism shown by the worst elements of both
    parties. It is hurting America at every level of
    government.

18. Greg L said on 29 Oct 2007 at 7:39 pm:

Lafayette, they had that booth in the Commerce building, on the same aisle as the HSM booth. Perhaps you were too busy to notice…

19. Clean it up in '07 said on 29 Oct 2007 at 7:53 pm:

James Young….my only “axe to grind” was I saw you and your friends endangering GOP holds in both a HOD race and State Senate race. I’m getting numbers that say O’Brien’s part of PWC is making it too close for comfort.

Believe me, if there was anything we agree on is that I want to see those two seats held by the GOP.

I don’t know who you mean by “you people” go away, but you sure as heck won’t get rid of me. I was here first. I’m glad you’ve re-surfaced for the election though, you have a knack for mobilizing your opposition with what you post here.

20. Gone Fishing said on 29 Oct 2007 at 8:14 pm:

James Young, you are correct. It’s been an eye-opener for
    me to learn just how ill-informed some voters are. In the
    final analysis, however, voters get what they ask for and then
    must live with the results.

Anonymous and Lafayette, you are both correct in your
    remarks re the sheriff. With more deputies than ever in the
    history of the PW Sheriff’s office, it is ridiculous that an
    escape happened….in the drive-thru at the McDonalds on
    Wellington.

21. Gone Fishing said on 29 Oct 2007 at 8:27 pm:

Bright Future, perhaps Hill has lived up to your expectations
    which shows me that you have pretty low standards.
    Yes, we know how Hill came up through the ranks at the MCPD,
    now, let’s see here, just what rank did he achieve before the
    “resigned”??
    As for Dominguez being a puppet for Stoffregen…that is absurd.
    Stoffregen is not even a part of the equation! Dominguez most
    likely doesn’t know Stoffregen, and I certainly don’t know him,
    so that will negate your statement that all those writing against
    Hill are “Stoffregen people”.
    What wisdom, pray tell, did Hill bring from the jail to the sheriff’s department? The wisdom to allow felons to roam our
    streets? I am told that while at the jail, there were several
    escapes. Some wisdom! You know not of what you speak!
    What business is it of yours to question the money being spent
    for the Dominguez campaign? He should show you his bank
    statements? Please. Why don’t you check his financial reports
    pertaining to political contributions and if you can show that I
    am mistaken, you will have an apology from me.

22. Anonymous said on 30 Oct 2007 at 12:49 am:

Gone fishing has brought to light an interesting comment that the deputy transporting the prisoner that escaped, escaped at the drive thru window at McDonalds. If this is true, the Manassas city police mislead the citizens into believing the prisoner escaped at a traffic light or the sheriff gave the Manassas city police false information. Either way the citizens were deceived if this story is true. Of course if the sheriff would have given a full and honest account of what happened perhaps different accounts of what happened would not be going around. What is the sheriff hiding from?

23. Bryanna said on 30 Oct 2007 at 5:14 am:

Though I can’t speak against James Young for personally endangering O’Brien (Lucas supporter), certainly others in his “camp” did, and the comments coming for GOP leaders after the Gill/Lucas fall-out was divisive politicking. Senator O’Brien is a brilliant politician and his experienced leadership is crucial in the days that lie ahead. Losing is not an option.

Then there is F.Gill in the 51st who received the endorsement of the Potomac Newspaper Monday. He has ran a clean campaign, offered a solid platform filled with pragmatic solutions. Nichol’s attacks and mismanaged campaign is reason enough not to vote for a Democrat but Kopko’s mishandling of the convention tainted Gill’s candidacy worse than his ties to Islamic Terrorist. I’m with James on Gill, setting aside the non-sense; Gill is a role model GOP candidate. With 7 days left before the election unless Paul Nichols can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gill’s grooming America for Islam, he’ll hold the (R) seat.

24. Bryanna said on 30 Oct 2007 at 5:43 am:

Don’t under estimate the influence of the “moderates”.

Corey’s lame attempt to dominate absentee ballot votes and use of discretionary funds for questionable purposes on multiple occassions has voters paying closer attention on all issues, not just Illegal Aliens.

Everyone knows CS wasn’t an essential part of the Immigration effort, John Stirrup and Greg L made it happen and will continue to. Corey is just a pretty face in the crowd, but so is Lafayette, does that qualify her for Chairman?

Voters just may prove that sometimes the devil you know (Pandak) is better than the devil you don’t know (Stewart).

25. Gone Fishing said on 30 Oct 2007 at 10:14 am:

Anonymous, a great deal goes on in the sheriff’d dept which
    is kept under wraps and the public never hears about and the
    only reason the escape was made public is the fact that the
    police was involved. Under Louis Dominguez, this will change.

26. Gone Fishing said on 30 Oct 2007 at 10:15 am:

sorry, correction: s/b sheriff’s

27. Gone Fishing said on 30 Oct 2007 at 10:31 am:

Brighter Future,
    I am compelled to comment to you further regarding the
    so-called “wisdom” of the sheriff. Please look up the word in
    your dictionary (if you have one). You will find the words
    “scholarly learning, knowledge….” What scholarly knowledge
    could you possibly ascribe to Glendell? A high school grad?
    Certainly nothing beyond that (according to some who know
    him best). Knowledge about History perhaps? How about
    the English language? Biology? A bit of algebra or geometry?
    Well, then. Could it be personnel management? I think not,
    having fired all but 10 of the original 60 deputies under the
    previous sheriff (these were seasoned, certified law enforcement officers). Now with 90 deputies, he still cannot
    manage his duties. He certainly has “changed the culture” in
    his four years, hasn’t he? Another four years? I think not.

28. Lafayette said on 30 Oct 2007 at 11:16 am:

GregL,
    Yes, I know that they had a booth inside the Commercial Bldg. However, I don’t recall seeing the Child Id Program being done/promoted like it was prior to 4 years ago. That’s the ONLY thing with regard to the Fair I was speaking of. Also, are deputies not allowed to join HSM, or are they prohibited?
    Does the county restrict this or what? Just curious.
    And yes you KNOW I was busy while at the Fair!
    I’m sorry I didn’t read your comment last night.

29. Greg L said on 30 Oct 2007 at 11:28 am:

I saw it done for a few kids at their booth.

Deputies are allowed to join, according to Sheriff Hill.

30. Lafayette said on 30 Oct 2007 at 11:30 am:

Who’s ill-informed?,
    You are exactly right about onething, and that is the fact that it was John Stirrup’s resolution. Greg L, HSM members, and concerned citizens of WestGate/Sudley did play a role in this. We all continue to this very day. Corey’s our Chairman, he’s going to naturally get more attention.
    FYI- I have NO political agenda!! I’m a proud PW native, and will do my very best to restore the quality of life for all. The sad reality of it is this destruction of our quality of life is largely do to the influx of boarding houses with their storm doors propped open. Have you not read what I’ve posting here for months now?

31. Lafayette said on 30 Oct 2007 at 11:33 am:

Greg L.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I can only comment on what I saw or didn’t see. You know we have to agree to disagree sometimes, and on this race we DON’T agree.
    Will the Sheriff candidates be there tonight?

32. John Light said on 30 Oct 2007 at 4:33 pm:

Who is ill-informed? writes: “Corey is just a pretty face in the crowd, but so is Lafayette, does that qualify her for Chairman?”

Does this mean you are switch-hitting??? lol I don’t know where you came from in your attack on Lafayette, but as far as Corey goes, like him or not (which you obviously do not) he did what ANY respectable Chairman would have done and that is this…

Corey Stewart took a VERY Politically Incorrect stand and listened to the voters, took the heat, even gave the illegal community a chance to speak at the marathon session a couple of weeks ago, and was able to get a unanimous vote. Pandering Pandak offered NO solutions other than she would not have voted the way Corey did. That being said, because he stuck by his guns (and the wishes of the Prince William Community as a whole), Corey showed TRUE leadership and thus deserves ALL of our votes and support.

33. O.Bebeano said on 30 Oct 2007 at 8:17 pm:

You “any-but-Hill” idiots seem to think making up statistics makes you somebody - bunch of dummies.
    Dominquez has already contacted some of the “old boys” to sell them badges (again). If Louie gets in, the old guard isn’t far behind.
    Check your facts - there have been thousands of escapes in Virginia - just one here - it is one of the dangers of the job. There are 90 employees in the SO - up from 86 4 years- OK. And if any of you had a life, you might get invited to play golf by somebody - it is a gentlemen’s game though, so I doubt you could qualify to be let on the course….

I just can’t believe how narrow minded some people are.

34. Gone Fishing said on 30 Oct 2007 at 9:19 pm:

O.Bebeano, you are not truthful if you think Dominguez is
    even thinking about “selling” badges. Why do you think he
    has to use his own money to fund his campaign? I take it
    from your comment that YOU have been invited to play golf?
    I personally don’t need an invitation…since I am a member
    of a fine country club.
    You are the one who needs to check your facts. There are 90
    employees now, compared to 60 four years ago. There have
    been escapes (several from the jail) so you need to check YOUR
    facts!

35. Clean it up in '07 said on 30 Oct 2007 at 10:00 pm:

Gone Fishing –

Why does the name Louis Dominguez sound familiar to me? Did he live in the Nokesville area several years ago? He’s run for a few other offices right?…started as an Independent, then ran as a Republican, then a Democrat at least once, not sure if there was an attempt at a Republican nomination for smething in there…now Independent again this year for another run for Sheriff? Same guy right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Just asking. And you the guy chooses not to take campaign cotributions or people just don’t offer? Give us a little background here…Election Day is approaching.

36. Lafayette said on 31 Oct 2007 at 12:05 am:

O.Bebeano,
    O.Bebeano said on 30 Oct 2007 at 8:17 pm:

And four years ago it was “any but Stoffy”! That’s why Glendell is where he is today. Your comment above is pretty telling of how narrowed minded you are.

37. Lafayette said on 31 Oct 2007 at 12:22 am:

Mr. Light,
    I heard Corey Stewart tonight. He is fully aware this resolution was not his, and that it was John Stirrup’s Rule of Law Resolution. He gave full credit where it was do. I found his honesty on the matter to be refreshing. Corey most certainly has stuck to his guns, and as I would hope any elected official would act on the will of the legal citizens. Go Corey and John Stirrup.
    Don’t you wish you could vote for Corey? I’m sure glad I can. No, denial on BOS here in beautiful PWC. It does look like chilvalry might still be alive in FX though.
    Ms. Pannell

38. John Light said on 31 Oct 2007 at 12:22 am:

Pragmatic Voter said on 30 Oct 2007 at 5:14 am: “Then there is F.Gill in the 51st who received the endorsement of the Potomac Newspaper Monday. He has ran a clean campaign, offered a solid platform filled with pragmatic solutions.”

OH COME ONE!!! Who are you kidding??? Besides being in direct violation of Navy regulations, he falsely claimed that he was a lobbyist, denied he knew anything as the spokesman for the American Muslim Council, has accepted money from money laundering organizations and the VAST majority of his doners do not even live in the 51st. He associates with known terrorists and his law firm (of 2, 3 people?) provides aid and assistance to illegal aliens.

Wanna bit of light reading on your clean cut candidate, just go here:

or here

Yeah, I Googled Faisal Gill.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. He paid $2000 to Tom Kopko the night before Tom promised Julie Lucas a primary. I notice that Chris Royse has not endorsed Faisal Gill. If Chris, former US Army Special Forces officer won’t endorse the AMC front-man, THAT, my friends, speaks VOLUMES!!!

And please, don’t belittle yourself by saying that I am a racist or a sore loser. If Faisal had the qualifications of Mr. Royse I would be 100% in support of him. Instead, he has more in common with the 9/11 terrorists than he does with the heroes fighting the good fight overseas.

39. Anonymous said on 31 Oct 2007 at 12:34 am:

Looks like some of Glendell Hill’s minions had a bad game of golf.

40. James Young said on 31 Oct 2007 at 12:36 pm:

“Big Dog,” I may just do that. Of course, I will do so understanding that Brownstein is an extreme Leftist writing for the LA Times more likely complaining about the fact that Conservatives are finally responding in kind to what the far Left has been doing to them for, oh, decades. It’s somewhat like my treatment on Craig Vitter’s site, and by some here: they only notice ad hominem attack in the response of someone with whom they disagree, not in the initial ad hominem attack by someone with whom they are in accord.

As for you, “Clean it up,” your obvious axe to grind is that you didn’t get the GOP candidate you wanted in the 51st. Well, I didn’t get some of the GOP candidates I wanted, either. Boo hoo. Part of being a member of a political party is a covenant to live with the results of the process and not snipe after the contest has been decided. Yeah, yeah, I know: you and people like John Light still want to maintain the untenable notion that the process wasn’t “fair.” ‘Problem is, you can’t sell that notion to anybody who makes those decisions. Julie Lucas lost her initial appeal, lost unanimously before the 11th District Committee, and didn’t even bother to appeal to the State Central Committee. It’s just one, big, Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy, right?

In the end, if O’Brien and/or Gill lose, it will be you and those of your ilk who have defeated them, NOT those upon whom you would like to cast blame. “Me and my friends”?!?! Yeah, sure. ‘Cept, when I moved to PWC, we had a Democrat Sheriff. We had four Dems on the BOCS, including the Chairman (plus a Republican who voted like a Dem, and continues to do so), and our Delegates were split evenly. You “were here first”?!?! Well, assuming I care, and assuming that I believe what you apparently intended to be a self-serving statement, all that demonstrates is that you’ve lived here a long time. Not that you’ve ever provably done anything to advance the GOP cause.

But I understand your position: it’s that, if Gill and O’Brien win, you should bear no responsibility for being wrong, Wrong, WRONG!, and doing your damndest to defeat them (and spare me your pretensions to “want to see those two seats held by the GOP”; your very words belie your true desire, which is only to “see those two seats held by [someone you like] in the GOP”). Reminds me of the far Left on Indochina, the Cold War, etc.: God forbid that they should be held responsible — by which, I mean “kept as far away as humanly possible from policymaking” — for the fact that they were wrong, Wrong, WRONG! on the defining foreign policy issues of the 20th Century. It rightly took Conservatives a long time to recover from the error of their isolationist ways in the first half of the 20th Century, and I suppose that one reason that you hide your identity is your cowardice, manifested by the fear that you will be held responsible for your efforts to defeat GOP candidates.

And as for John Light’s libelous comments, isn’t it funny that he, like some others, is attacking Gill — virtually calling him a “terrorist” on trumped up charges of wrongdoing, which, BTW, he was cleared of by those who are PAID to be suspicious — and thereby are facilitating those among the Democrats who can’t seem to identify our enemies even when they declare themselves to be our enemies?

It’s a sad slander for a man who wore his country’s uniform, and was trusted enough — again, by people who are PAID to be suspicious — to receive a presidential appointment.

41. John Light said on 31 Oct 2007 at 3:56 pm:

To paraphrase then Presidential Candidate Ronald Reagan, there you go again, Mr. Young!!! You say libelous…leave it to a lawyer to throw out the lawsuit word. How many times must we spell this out for you??? Well, obviously it must be more than 10 times, so here I go again…

“Your side” always claims “he was cleared”, “he was cleared”. Whatever strings were pulled to have Faisal “cleared” in ONE WEEK is one item to address, believing that Faisal had “no idea” about Al-Amoudi is another story. Greg recently posted on this blog about the guy Gov. Kaine appointed and had a YouTube video up about it. The speaker was Al-Amoudi yelling to President Clinton in front of the White House, “We are supporters of Hamas”, “We are supporters of Hezbollah”. This was BEFORE 9/11, BEFORE Faisal went to work as the Chief Spokesman for the AMC, yet we are supposed to believe he DID not know about Al-Amoudi’s threat to then President Clinton???

Another issue you fail to address is who Faisal is in business with RIGHT NOW. He has a law practice and a lobbying/consulting practice with a man who was paid $160,000 to be the lobbyist for FOCA (Friends of Charity Association). Go to http://www.foca.net/Members.stm. Out of the 6 members there, at least 3 of them are listed on the United States Treasury’s BLOCKED PERSONS list and on the US Treasury’s web site:

They further mention those members to have ties to al-Qaeda. Here is just one link:

So Jim, you can be mad at me all you want, but I believe the U.S. Treasury Department vs. Faisal any day of the week. Oh, and if you bring up the WEAK argument that, that is “guilt by association” you may do so, but the fact remains that Faisal’s lobbying/consulting business is with ONE person and his law firm has only TWO other people, both are with the man who thinks it is okay to accept $160,000 to lobby for organizations that the U.S. Treasury says that they are tied to al-Qaeda. This might be okay with you, Jim, but it is NOT okay with me!

What is TRULY sad is for a man to currently wear his adopted country’s uniform (US Navy Reserve) and not even be able to fit into it, MUCH like Shannon Faulkner suing to enter The Citadel after quibbling on her admissions paperwork concerning her gender then showing up VERY MUCH overweight and thus having to drop out before the end of the first week of training.

42. O.Bebeano said on 31 Oct 2007 at 5:09 pm:

Oh ouch. - Read the PWC annual reports for the last few years. There haven’t been as few as 60 employees since Wilson Garrison was in Office. Since you are so wise, check out a fellow known as “TLC” - a realtor who was Lee’s bag man. He was approached by Louie - And while on him, why not check out why he [LD] was fired from Prince William Hospital, and from the PWC Sheriff’s Office as a “reserve”, and from Faquier County as a “reserve”, and so on…..

I knew a guy once named Moyers - he was really a smart guy, but picked a bad role model in a psycho-path, who eventually gave him up - sad experience for somebody who picks the wrong team. I would like to know where you get the idea “all but 10″ original deputies have been fired??

43. John Light said on 31 Oct 2007 at 5:21 pm:

Oh yeah, one more thing about “Guilt by Association”…if that is EVEN thrown out by someone who is a parent, my question to them is, “If your child was to start hanging out with gang-bangers and drug users, would you continue to let him/her associate with these types, or would you say ‘My child would NEVER do that!!!’?”

44. Anonymous said on 1 Nov 2007 at 12:35 am:

O.Bebeano: You need to give up the crack pipe.

45. Gone Fishing said on 1 Nov 2007 at 12:18 pm:

Anonymous, well said! Bebeano, I asked Mr Dominguez about
    your accusations, and again, you are incorrect! Obviously,
    you are an employee of the sheriff and are doing your level
    best to discredit Mr Dominguez. It won’t work. You should be
    able to hang onto your job by other means than attempting to
    destroy a good man’s reputation. Notice, I said “attempting”.

46. Lafayette said on 1 Nov 2007 at 2:27 pm:

Gone Fishing,
    Excellent choice of the word “ATTEMPTING”. I love it!
    BTW-You’ve been Gone Fishing for awhile now.
    Have you caught anything yet?-lol

47. Gone Fishing said on 1 Nov 2007 at 4:36 pm:

Haven’t caught much of anything except perhaps a rotten
    cold. Thinking of heading South, but I fear that won’t ease
    my problems with illegals. I understand that Florida is jam-
    packed with them.

48. super trooper said on 2 Nov 2007 at 10:37 pm:

Lafayette and gone fishing Yes i am back and not happy. What is fun
    is the miss information and just plain crap coming from any camp that doesnt
    support Glen Hill. He has brought the office back to its professional roots. And away from the politics of the past. To start the Sheriffs Office was at the fair and made child IDs for almost 800 kids. And yes they can join HSM.
    Domssss support comes from where ahhhh not PWC but everywere else
    what a shame. Wow he should move the courthouse to Woodbridge after an expansion hahahah that would work and wow would that would cost and cost
    and cost hahahah no i am serious really. Sheriff Hill has brought the professionals back to the office, not the political jokes. The county needs him
    and not a dommmm who !!!!!! OHHH he always wanted to be Sheriff AAAHH
    Go to FLA They need him There !!!!

49. Observer said on 3 Nov 2007 at 10:20 am:

Seriously, don’t you bloggers have anything better to do with your lives? The elections are approaching… let’s try to keep things clean and give all candidates a fair shot at it. Our country strives on doing the right thing, being ethical etc - so let’s do that. Don’t bother slamming me - instead, take a second to think to yourself that if you were in their place (running for office), wouldn’t you want a fair chance? Get a life losers!!!

50. Gone Fishing said on 4 Nov 2007 at 2:10 pm:

Super Trooper, Perhaps you enjoy having criminals in the
    sheriff’s office….or could it be that you are sleeping well at
    night, knowing you may have an escaped felon jumping your
    back fence?

51. super trooper said on 4 Nov 2007 at 7:37 pm:

Gone Fishing What are you talikng about. what criminals in the Sheriffs Office

The Sheriifs Office had 1 escape and the county police had more my friend check your fact…….Oh I forgot fact dont count right Just miss information.

Please know what your talking about before you blog Maybe you should go fishing,

52. Gone Fishing said on 5 Nov 2007 at 9:49 pm:

super trooper…Chief Deputy Collier made a statement in a
    recently published letter to the editor that there has been 19
    escapes in the past 2 years….that amounts to almost 10 per
    year. Funny thing is, the public only heard about ONE of them.
    Why does the sheriff want to keep this information from the
    public? Oh, wait….I know.

53. Set Them Str8 said on 6 Nov 2007 at 4:23 pm:

Just as the name says…lets get a few things straight.

First, why is Hill getting credit for escapes from a jail he no longer runs? This isnt Fairfax, the Sheriff doesnt control the jail here.

Next, the escape WAS NOT at a drive through…that is just plain dumb. He jumped out of a cruiser at a traffic light.

Next, he was caught by Deputy’s from Prince William County. Fairfax lended a helicopter to help out and that was all they had for resources there that day. Though the helicopter may have aided in flushing the bad guy out, they never saw him until he was back in cuffs.

Last, I do not know how many Deputy’s he has now, how many where there before him, nor how many he got rid of. I can say this though, many that are currently wearing the star are retired or transfers from other PD’s. I would venture to guess that there is just as much experience in law enforcement there now as there has always been, if not more.

54. super trooper said on 7 Nov 2007 at 10:38 pm:

Gone Fishing learn how to read then type That was state wide

and ohhh Hill won and won big

55. Gone Fishing said on 8 Nov 2007 at 6:49 pm:

That’s nice, Super, now you can hang onto your job….you
    might even volunteer to caddy for your boss (you probably
    already do that). I don’t know what you mean…I know how
    to read, and also type. That’s more than I can say about some
    others; your boss, for example!

56. super trooper said on 9 Nov 2007 at 10:25 pm:

Gone Fishing Wow are the grapes sour oooccchhhh that hurts !!!!