Sharon Pandak Signs On For Mexicans Without Borders

By Greg L | 29 October 2007 | Illegal Aliens, Prince William County | 38 Comments

Sharon Pandak gets some face-time in front of a documentary crew complaining about the rule of law resolution that unanimously passed the Board of County Supervisors and which was implemented in two phases, again with unanimous votes of both Republicans and Democrats. She wouldn’t have dealt with the illegal alien issue this way, she says, although she offers no details about what her supposed more responsible approach would have been. As far as anyone can tell, her response would have been to do nothing other than to oppose the rule of law resolution. That’s a real winner of a campaign issue.

What’s really funny about this is that she recognizes that this issue definitely increases the level of participation by the electorate in local government policy, but bemoans it. That sounds a lot like sour grapes, as Sharon Pandak certainly hasn’t found any way to energize voters to support her lackluster campaign. While anger over what has happened to our community as a result of the huge numbers of illegal aliens that have unlawfully taken up residence makes a great motivator for voters, she seems to think that Corey Stewart manufactured this anger. Boy, is she out of touch with the reality on the ground in Prince William County. Corey Stewart responded to citizen outrage on this issue, listened to the electorate, and made it his business to address the problem. If Pandak doesn’t get this, she is completely incompetent as a candidate.

Pandak whines about how alternatives to the rule of law resolution weren’t ever considered. Well, what alternative approach has Sharon Pandak offered? What alternative has anyone offered? The only “alternative” that Pandak and her allies have ponied up is to rescind the rule of law resolution, which is the same legislative goal as Mexicans Without Borders. For a campaign strategy, this is just plain stupid. Not only does it oppose what fellow Democrats have done on the Board of County Supervisors, it places her squarely in the crosshairs of an electorate fed up with policies of official neglect towards the illegal alien problem and identifies her as the lead illegal alien apologist candidate in the county.

Pandak is going to be crushed on November 6th.

UPDATE: Riley has the scoop on the owner of a site being used as an informal day laborer hiring site who has put up a big Pandak sign. How can she possibly think that carrying water for Mexicans Without Borders is going to get her elected?

1. starryflights said on 29 Oct 2007 at 12:19 pm:

I had never heard of Corey Stewart when I started emailing, faxing and calling my Congressman and Senators about illegal aliens. Sharon Pandak is very mistaken on this one, as she is with most of her rants. This issue, which once belonged to border states, now hits home for me, my family and my wallet. It’s time for the rule of law to mean something for everyone.

2. Anonymous said on 29 Oct 2007 at 12:37 pm:

Sounds like maybe she is being advised by Kathleen Seefeldt?

3. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 29 Oct 2007 at 12:45 pm:

I know what her “responsible action” would be……AMNESTY! Just say NO to pandering pandak!

4. Turn PW Blue said on 29 Oct 2007 at 1:12 pm:

Do you have a link to this documentary where Pandak does all the things you claim?

Given your track record over the last week, you’ll have to understand that I’d like to form my own opinion on this before relying on your spin of what Pandak says and means. I’m not claiming she didn’t do or say anything that you report. I only think it could be instructive to see the actual footage rather than your filtered opinion of it.

Oh, and Patriot, save your energy typing a reply…I know, “Shut my trap”

5. John Light said on 29 Oct 2007 at 1:15 pm:

Someone better alert the Potomac News to this banner Ad, Greg - looks like VDOT has said that “Illegal Aliens May Not Exit Here” with “Here” referring to Centreville!!!! OMG, they need to get their crack journalists over there right now to investigate this - TRAVESTY I tell you…TRAVESTY!!! Those HORRIBLE RACISTS over in Centreville…my teeth are gnashing and my wailing cloth overfloweth - lol

6. Greg L said on 29 Oct 2007 at 1:27 pm:

For some reason, the YouTube embed for this isn’t working, so I put in a link to this within the first sentence.

My apologies, as this probably didn’t make much sense without the YouTube embed.

7. John Light said on 29 Oct 2007 at 1:40 pm:

Greg L: Thanks for the link. If I didn’t know better, I would ask when her operation would be completed - lol. That being said, I LOVED the comment by that one guy, “There are a million people just like me…bring it on.”

8. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 29 Oct 2007 at 1:46 pm:

From NumbersUSA:

“Rep. Shuler to Introduce Enforcement-Only Bill Soon

(October 29) A new immigration enforcement bill that would remove the jobs magnet for illegal immigration is expected to be introduced in the House very soon. The SAVE Act (Secure America with Verification Enforcement) will be sponsored by Rep. Heath Shuler (D-N.C.) and is expected to have bi-partisan support.”

9. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 29 Oct 2007 at 1:47 pm:

What Shuler will introduce is what I call….”responsible action”!

10. Anonymous said on 29 Oct 2007 at 2:19 pm:

Representative Heath Shuler? Is that the same Heath Shuler who led the Redskins to another dismal season a few years back?

And even if it isn’t, why does this jurisdiction, that’s crying out for action on this issue by the Feds, have to depend on legislators from North Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida to introduce legislation? Where is Frank (my head’s in the sand) Wolf? Will HE be at the forum tomorrow night, Greg? Did you ask? If not, will you? If you do, let us know what his response was, or if he even gave a response.

11. Krutis said on 29 Oct 2007 at 2:24 pm:

That “face-time” show was about the most slanted pol.ad I’ve seen. Greg with his head in his hands; Stewart orating; marchers; all thrown in between while Ms. Pandak is speaking and making a lot of sense. It was not a contiguous strip. “Pandak will be crushed on November 6″ Very stirring, indeed.
    Young Stewart is riding high and USING you to climb the ladder.

12. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 29 Oct 2007 at 2:34 pm:

Krutis…when you have something to contribute then you should speak….otherwise….you know what to do.

13. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 29 Oct 2007 at 2:53 pm:

This video will make you see what is happening! Don’t get too mad when you watch it! It CLEARLY SHOWS where loyalties lie.

14. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 29 Oct 2007 at 2:55 pm:

This goes with the video I posted above!

15. Patty said on 29 Oct 2007 at 2:56 pm:

Yes, Heath Shuler was the Redskin’s quarterback a time ago.

Poor Ol’ Redskins. They got smashed yesterday. I hated to see that happen. I hope they regroup for next Sunday.

16. Brighter Future said on 29 Oct 2007 at 3:07 pm:

Krutis

Pandak speaking? She has read everyone of her rehearsed speeches. If you look she keeps looking down. That tells me she is NOT SAYING ANYTHING FROM HER HEART.

Some one else is writting her speech,we can take guesses but it’s one of 3 or maybe a combination. But that is not Pandak ’s speech.

I have been around to long and was at almost every Board Meeting since 1975 and I can tell you that she’s a phony from the word GO.

17. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 29 Oct 2007 at 3:11 pm:

You need to watch those videos I posted. Those videos show exactly what happens when you allow liberals and illegal alien supporters into office.

18. Illegal Alien Enablers for Pandak « Virginia Virtucon said on 29 Oct 2007 at 3:46 pm:

[…] statements against the unanimous BOCS resolution cracking down on illegal aliens in PWC and her participation in a documentary on behalf of the illegal alien advocates Mexicans Without Borders, it should come as no surprise […]

19. Krutis said on 29 Oct 2007 at 4:06 pm:

Patriot - Those tube shows were both 13 years old!
    Illegal Alien Enablers - is that title something similar to “wehate gringos”?

20. Anonymous said on 29 Oct 2007 at 4:15 pm:

Krutis on29 Oct 2007 at 4:06 pm:

Goes to show you nothing but nothing has changed in 13 years. Rite?

21. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 29 Oct 2007 at 4:20 pm:

Krutis, those people in the videos are in power right this very moment and making terrible decisions.

22. John Light said on 29 Oct 2007 at 4:31 pm:

Krutis: with your way of thinking, 9/11 happened over 6 years ago, times change. Oh no, there is a REASON we study history and those who fail to learn from it are doomed to repeat it.

23. Legal2 said on 29 Oct 2007 at 4:31 pm:

I still think the Spongemonkey moniker fits pandering pandak well. The video was really kinda funny, when you know how things were arranged out of context.

24. Rob Smalls said on 29 Oct 2007 at 4:46 pm:

While I doubt Pandak endorses the MWB party line wholesale, it does look like their objectives were concurrent on at least the Rule of Law resolution (e.g. political dustbin). And for all her talk on alternatives, she offered not one. I haven’t heard her offer a single approach to dealing with immigration enforcement. She’s brought nothing to the debate save for criticizing the actions of the PWCBOS and HSM. I’m all for debate and reason, but bring something to the table by way of a solution instead of just railing on solutions others have offered.

25. Hoot said on 29 Oct 2007 at 4:56 pm:

“identifies her as the lead illegal alien apologist candidate in the county.”

Didn’t she state unequivocally that she is against illegal immigration?

26. Greg L said on 29 Oct 2007 at 5:00 pm:

That’s what she said, but then where’s the action to back that up? She’s promoted the recission of the resolution, and her entire campaign platform is to take unlawful actions to hold employers accountable that federal law prohibits.

This is a “I don’t like it, but there’s nothing we can do about it” candidate.

27. Krutis said on 29 Oct 2007 at 5:32 pm:

Hoot - Greg L is like Alice in Wonderland. The fact that Pandak unequivocally stated that she’s against illegal immigration turns into a big BUT with Greg’s personal interpretation.

28. es_la_ley said on 29 Oct 2007 at 5:33 pm:

“You need to get lost or go down Cherry Hill Rd. to see Hilda. She will lap your junk up.”

Eeewwwwww!

29. Lafayette said on 29 Oct 2007 at 6:00 pm:

Brighter Future & es_la_ley,
    Hilda would first have to wake up, and she’d gladly lap that junk up.
    The Patriot,
    Thanks for those youtube’s. Yikes. I hope people take the time to look at them. This is absolutely DISGUSTING!!

30. One Voice said on 29 Oct 2007 at 6:34 pm:

PWC has taken on two large financial responsibilities of federal government - immigration and transportation. I guess that’s something to be proud of.

Be wise. Hopefully Pandak will get in and then Stirrup, Nohe or Covington will knock her out as they won’t be living in fear any longer.

31. redawn said on 29 Oct 2007 at 8:07 pm:

One Voice,
    “In any event, if we don’t remove someone who has zero fiscal understanding we are going to be in deep do-do. I am not for Pandak but I am more against deep do-do.”

Question,
    Is this not why John Jenkins voted yes and stated he did not want to do so….so, that it could be brought up again? …Corey and Pandak aside…..this is the question…OFF or on subject, I have read other threads and took it as, if they all ( supervisors) voted unanimous that they could bring it back up again, if someone voted against it, it stuck? ( just asking, I am UNCLEAR as to how this works, but I think it is important)

32. Maureen Wood said on 29 Oct 2007 at 9:37 pm:

Is Pandak going to be at the HSM forum tomorrow night? I she isn’t I would think that says it all.

33. Anonymous said on 29 Oct 2007 at 9:44 pm:

Krutison 29 Oct 2007 at 5:32 pm:

Speaking of big butts……….

34. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 30 Oct 2007 at 6:47 am:

Lafayette, I do hope people watch those videos! Funny how people like anonymouse and others never have anything to say when the facts are presented out in the open.

35. One Voice said on 30 Oct 2007 at 8:36 am:

Redawn - Jenkins has been more worried about how the county is going to pay for the WHOLE police program ($1.3 million) and the rest of the bills for this year. They are short.

If the PD only has $300 for immigration- it costs just about that much just for cars and car stuff for the 7 people - how is the rest going to work? Maybe they just won’t drive around. :)

He is also concerned about adding Firemen next year as well as Police officers.

I am not aware of any parlimentary rule regarding unanimous voting as you mention. They did agree that if more money was needed the PD would ask for it. He kept insisting “where will we get it?”

I am a broken record on this topic - Terribly glad about resolution, but let’s look left and right and beyond of it regarding the election.

36. Riley said on 30 Oct 2007 at 9:42 am:

I’ll be having something to say about the PWC police shortly and it won’t be nice.

37. es_la_ley said on 30 Oct 2007 at 6:17 pm:

Patriot: “What Shuler will introduce is what I call….”responsible action”!”

I’ll bet that it never gets out of committee. My guess is that HE knows it won’t have legs, but offers it up so he can say he made a stand on illegal immigration. Pelosi would never let this go through.

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think I am.

38. Anon said on 1 Nov 2007 at 6:55 am:

She represents scum like this:

Raleigh — Federal authorities confirmed Wednesday that a man accused of going the wrong way on Interstate 540 and causing a wreck was in the U.S. illegally.

Eblin Fabiel Ocampo-Cruz, 22, was charged with driving while impaired, reckless driving, failure to reduce speed and possession of a revoked license in connection with an Oct. 25 wreck on I-540 between Creedmoor and Six Forks roads.

Agents with the U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Cruz, a native of Honduras, was charged in 2000 with being an alien in the U.S. and was ordered to be deported two years later. Because he didn’t leave the country, he has been considered a fugitive, authorities said.

Authorities said Cruz was driving westbound on eastbound I-540 when he collided head-on with a Ford Mustang. He and the driver of the Mustang, Bettie Coates, 42, of Wake County, were still hospitalized at WakeMed on Wednesday.

At the time of the wreck, Cruz was on probation for several offenses, according to court records.

In February 2006, he was convicted in Durham of DWI. A month later, he was convicted of misdemeanor unauthorized use of a vehicle and misdemeanor breaking and entering. In May 2006, he pleaded pleaded guilty to reckless driving and passing an emergency vehicle. Last October, he was charged with resisting an officer, and he was charged with possession of stolen goods in December.

Authorities said they are aware of the federal warrant against Cruz, but they said the local criminal cases take precedence over the deportation order.