Whitey Is A Bad Guy In Arlington

By Greg L | 5 December 2007 | Arlington County, Virginia Politics | 20 Comments

Here’s yet another disturbing story about Virginia Public Schools and their attempt to proselytize the religion of multi-culturalism to our children.  According to Hans Bader of the Competitive Enterprise Institute, Arlington Public Schools have hired a racist “diversity consultant” who rails at students about such things as “white talk”.  Even though this is a jurisdiction that regularly displays some rather extreme liberal tendencies, I can’t imagine how they could be supportive of this:

The school system in my county, Arlington, Virginia, certainly knows how to waste taxpayers’ money. Like several school districts, they’ve hired an infamous race-baiting “diversity consultant,” Glenn Singleton, whose racist theories drew criticism from four Supreme Court justices this year in the landmark court case of Parents Involved in Community Schools v. Seattle School District No. 1.

As I noted earlier, Glenn Singleton of Pacific Educational Group has gotten rich promoting racism, racial division, and scapegoating in the schools. School systems hire him for hundreds of thousands of dollars to stereotype and scapegoat people based on their race under the guise of “diversity training.”

In 2002, the Seattle Schools hired him to “educate” their students and staff about racism. Singleton promotes the crudest imaginable racial stereotypes, such as claiming that “’white talk’ is ‘verbal, impersonal, intellectual’ and ‘task-oriented,’ while ‘color commentary’ is ‘nonverbal, personal, emotional’ and ‘process-oriented.’” He incessantly complains about “the ubiquity of white privilege and racism.” To illustrate how white people should behave, he points to an ashamed, self-hating white teacher who said that “although I often try to seek counsel of colleagues of color, it is inevitable that times arise where it’s only after the fact that one of them points out some flaw in my reasoning. The flaws are often the result of my ingrained Whiteness and my own blindness to its perpetual presence.”

Under Singleton’s influence, the Seattle Schools defined “individualism” as a form of “cultural racism,” said that only whites can be racist, and claimed that planning ahead (”future time orientation”) is a white characteristic that it is racist to expect minorities to exhibit.

For the rest of this excellent expose, click here.

Yes, Virginia, this is precisely what liberals have in store for us, should they ever gain the power to impose their political will.

1. park'd said on 5 Dec 2007 at 1:45 pm:

The libs already have gained the power and they already are imposing their will. It’s obvious at least to me that the majority of voters in this state want it that way. The last election was a pretty clear indication to me that we can expect more of this socialist behavior from here on out. White, male and Christian = bad. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for letting it get this far.

2. Leeroy Jenkins said on 5 Dec 2007 at 2:12 pm:

I got that once yesterday. Shorter posts have gone well, longer posts usually get zapped. I don’t recall using any “bad words” or anything like that.

3. Batson D. Belfrey said on 5 Dec 2007 at 2:16 pm:

This doesn’t surprise me in the least, regarding Seattle. I was out there for a time in 2004, and felt like I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone. The signs in peoples yards, bumper stickers, things I heard on local radio, the editorials in the local papers…this wasn’t liberalism. This was outright Marxism.

Where better to create the next generation of America-hating radicals, but in the schools? Instill in the child that the way they talk, the way they think, hell, even trying to express yourself as an individual is “racist”. Groupthink. That’s what they want.

So, now it’s about to happen in Arlington? What SOL is this tied to? We as parents need to remain vigilant and act as soon as we see things like this happening in PWC/Manassas/Manassas Park schools. Remember what job(s) Nancy Layall and Terrasita Jacinto held or ar holding today? Don’t think for a moment they’d love to get this firm engaged here. Remember where John Steinbach works.

Homeschooling/private schooling looks to be the only viable option available to parents who want to protect their families from this garbage.

4. /\/\3|)iç 64 (Winner of the BVBL 40k post award) said on 5 Dec 2007 at 2:19 pm:

Blacks, and I call them that in this instance, like this one, keep the racism stirred up. If they would just let it go and get over it, then things would get better. However, you keep trying to force feed this crap and it will come back to bite YOU!

I have many people that I come into contact daily that are of other races and cultures, many are tired of this type of behavior and want to move on with bridging the races. I see where this keeps the divide because I guarantee you when we all get along, they will have nothing to be the victim over and that will take away their cause. It is all BS, there is no major discrimination anymore, school quotas, Miss Black USA, BET or Black history month. What would happen if there were a White Miss USA or WET (White Entertainment Television) or White History month. They would immediately be struck down as racist, yet it is ok for the other side to have those things…..time to even the count and get rid of the racial dividing, culture depicting and languages that divides us all. One America, not hyphenated America!!!! (African-American, Korean-American or Hispanic-American)

5. John Light said on 5 Dec 2007 at 2:38 pm:

What would Chuck do: http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/80798/chuck-norris-is-a-powerful-man

6. park'd said on 5 Dec 2007 at 2:43 pm:

Hmm now i see like 30 minutes later they all appear in front of the ones that came after but appeared first. There are some tech issues on the blog Greg because I keep having that problem where it won’t take my post and then when I repost a wordsmith or something or other site says it was a duplicate post. Sorry for the 10 duplicate posts at the top all but it was tech error and not user error…this time ;)

[Ed note: I cleaned up the dups. Something triggered the mod queue to kick in, and I haven’t yet determined the cause. This would be a whole lot easier if some folks would just behave themselves and I didn’t have to have this elaborate filter in place. Keeping comments free of onerous user requirements means a significant amount of effort for me, that either means a lot of babysitting, or strong filtering.]

7. John Light said on 5 Dec 2007 at 3:39 pm:

Where’s Jocelyn Elders (Ebonics)???? Where’s Patsie Schroeder (mid-night basketball)??? Where’s Jessie Jackson and the rest of the “Klan with a Tan”??? But most importantly, where is George Orwell???

8. Princess Billy-Bob said on 5 Dec 2007 at 4:03 pm:

It appears that this dude was contracted for a series of in-services for teachers and school personnel. It happens ALL the time with various ‘motivational’ speakers in various school districts. This one doesn’t appear to be any better or any worse than some of the ones who have been paid to come to our local schools.

If you find this stuff offensive, call in sick. Perhaps if enough folks had the flu that day, the powers that be would get the hint. Most of us don’t want to have our ‘consciousness raised.’

9. CitizenofManassas said on 5 Dec 2007 at 4:43 pm:

I can’t wait to see what the public school defenders say about this. I have to agree with Park’d, at least for Arlington, Fairfax and Alexandria. Those areas are run by nut job libs who realize their voters will not complain about this issue or any other liberal issue. They want to pay more in taxes since it will go to their beloved social programs. There just is no way to counter that, as these liberals do not agree there is harm in having high taxes, bloated social programs and a public school system that brain washes kids to hate America and what America stands for.

10. freedom said on 5 Dec 2007 at 6:01 pm:

Un-flipping-believeable!!!

11. es_la_ley said on 5 Dec 2007 at 6:18 pm:

Medic : “I have many people that I come into contact daily that are of other races and cultures, many are tired of this type of behavior and want to move on with bridging the races. I see where this keeps the divide because I guarantee you when we all get along, they will have nothing to be the victim over and that will take away their cause.”

Quite right. As I always say, victimhood, diversity programs, multi-culturalism, et al, is a multi-billion dollar INDUSTRY nowadays. Too many people feeding off of it and they want to keep it alive.

12. Dolph said on 6 Dec 2007 at 7:59 am:

NCLB strikes again. This workshop was for administrators and senior staff and is all about ‘bridging the gap’ which relates directly to the mandates of NCLB and making AYP. According to NCLB, all students must pass all tests by 2014. Now who are we really kidding? Look to the feds. That is the root cause of the problem.

NCLB should not be reauthorized! Local and state control of education has been torn away from those who pay the bills by the Federal Government. Thank you George Bush.

13. Bridget said on 6 Dec 2007 at 8:49 pm:

Apparently, Whitey is a bad guy in Boston as well:

Yes indeed, La Raza is all about family, friends and honoring heritage … the simple homespun comforts of serenity, sentimental journeys and sticking it, in more ways than one, to those who are not members of this sweet community sewing circle and social club.

And, just in case anyone is confused, paranoid or just flat out ignorant; the term gringo is clearly nothing but one of affection and endearment.

14. Bridget said on 6 Dec 2007 at 9:32 pm:

Boston: Off-Duty Firefighter Stabbed

15. Dolph said on 7 Dec 2007 at 1:13 am:

Bridget,

Bad people do bad things to their fellow human beings.

I think we need to be careful about sweeping generalizations. I might display a confederate flag to honor my great great grandfather. A skinhead might use that same flag as a symbol of racial hatred and white supremacy. If someone tells me that an expression means one thing to them, I will believe them until they give me reason to believe otherwise.

16. freedom said on 7 Dec 2007 at 7:15 am:

Dolph, I agree about NCLB, but as you know, George certainly didn’t do it all by himself…and at the time…before the particulars were really known, it did sound like a good deal, huh? Afterall, who in their right mind would WANT a struggling child to be “left behind”? No one would, but to expect equal performance from all children is unrealistic.

Of course, all children are NOT equal in their natural abilities, no more so in the classroom than on the athletic field…and to think that every child is going to pass the same math test or the same English test just really doesn’t make a lot of sense. However, if you accept the premise that all children are NOT equal in their ability to learn, you’re likely to be hit with the convenient charge of racism and bigotry. So, to get around that, we “teach the test,” “dumb-down the test,” or simply develop different standards of acceptability.

We just can’t go on this way…:(

17. Dolph said on 7 Dec 2007 at 8:22 pm:

Freedom,

I answered you but the answer disappeared. Bvbl magic. The bottom line is, I agree.

The only difference of opinion I would have is that I do not think the tests have been dumbed down. You can find all the release tests on the VDOE site. I just think the state has unrealistic expectations that many low achieving students will be able to answer many of the higher level thinking items. The Feds have even greater unrealistic expectations for setting a goal where all children will pass by 2014. It will never happen.

18. Bridget said on 8 Dec 2007 at 3:25 am:

Dolph,

Pardon my tardy reply … we, and by we I mean my immediate family, have been hit with some form of tummy virus … along with a hot water heater that has decided to quit. All will be resolved in a couple of days ….

I am not at all sure who you meant as the “we” in “I think we need to be carefull about sweeping generalizations” I feel like I have just been swept into a tidy pile.

The “Bad people do bad things to their fellow human beings” statement is a vastly sweeping generalization. Omit the details, descriptives, specifics, particulars of any event and eveything comes out even. It all becomes status quo, par for the course and blends in with the scenery. People do things, and let us never speak of it again.

Bad people do bad things to their fellow human beings? Good gravy, woman, I got more detail than that as a toddler in Sunday School!

I do so admire your ability to play fair and balanced, at least as you display your thoughts on this blog.

I , on the other hand , am far more inclined, either by nature or nurture, to be cynical … at least here in the land of blog.

La Raza is Spanish for The Race, and if it was meant to represent something else, then one can wonder why a more precise word or phrase was not chosen. I would guess it was chosen very carefuly, and the attemps to water it down are equaly as calculated.

Long before Un Mas, One More Mexican, made the very personal claim that for him La Raza simply meant family, friends and honoring heritage, the National Council of La Raza was playing the phony translation game … claiming it simply meant “community”. (Odd thing is, when I was growing up, the word community was a geographic description … community meant neighborhood … and those that lived inside it. A community picnic, parade or block party.)

The tactic to turn it into something mild, palatable and acceptably mainstream has proven very profitable. Waiving the white flag of peace and surrender to dupe your adversary is nothing new. Nor is wearing the enemy uniform … wolves as sheep, Trojan gift horses and such.

19. freedom said on 8 Dec 2007 at 8:14 pm:

Dolph, agreed….didn’t mean to say that tests have been “dumbed-down,” meant that as only one option to get around the hurdle of ability differences. It is truly a sad situation, but when those who don’t bother to think it through would hear that you and I are against “no child left behind,” you KNOW what they’ll think.

Unfortunately, we have so many people who go for the “feel good” stuff and fail to see the big picture….not saying that I always get the big picture either, that’s not my point…but I try.

20. Michael said on 10 Dec 2007 at 8:55 pm:

The problem with diversity is that it only benefits minorities, and only those minorities that can have privilige written into law.

It is in no way equitable, in no way respects the individual, and in no way recognizes and honors skill, talent, abiliy and IQ.

When civil rights movements started they started from a position of racial diversity and racial privilige. They targeted majorities who were suppressing minorities by writing different laws and priviliges based on what race you belonged to.

The movement correctly sensitized people of all races to the wrongness of this, but forgot to tell people how to recognize when the minorities themselves could become privilige seeking racists based on what ethnic group they belonged to.

They never stopped at equality, which is best defined as equal rights to individuals, equal opportunity to individuals, but not equal outcomes for ethnic groups.

Diversity tries to get equal outcomes for different ethnic groups, by giving priviliges and advantages to overcome those who have talent, skill, ability and IQ as individuals regardless of ethnic group or race, gender or religion.

Diversity does not believe in equality that denies both privilige and discrimmination, but only believes in an inequality that denys discrimmination of minorities, gives privilige for minorities, encourages discrimmination of majorities (even verbal abuse and racial slurs), and discourages priviliges for individuals based on ability, skill, intellect and IQ.

That is why the nation needs to speak out and remove this inequitable concept of diversity and inclusion, and start insisting on neither privilege nor discrimmination, no advocating by gender, ethnic group, religious group or race and start enforcing the rights of individuals ONLY as individuals.

It should become a crime towards individual rights to advocate as a racial, ethnic, gender or religious group