Virginia, you need to pay attention to this:
Democratic leaders have said they will block that bill and what they consider to be other harsh bills aimed at illegal immigrants. Already, the Democrat-controlled Senate has killed a number of bills that would allow employers to fire workers if they speak a language other than English at work and that would limit illegal immigrants’ access to public colleges.
The only immigration-related bills advanced by a Senate committee “don’t do anything, which is why they got out,” said Senate Majority Leader Richard L. Saslaw (D-Fairfax).
This quote from today’s Washington Post declares that the leaders of the Democratic Party of Virginia have come to the conclusion that instead of listening to the 80% of Virginians who want the Commonwealth to reform it’s current policies that encourage the unlawful presence of illegal aliens, the DPVA is going to support the interests of illegal aliens and those who profit from unlawfully employing them. When you vote for a Democrat in Virginia, you are voting to ensure the continuation of the following practices:
- State and local contractors that perform perform work under municipal and state contracts regularly hire illegal aliens, which end up getting paid with your tax dollars. Since the DPVA ensures that Virginia won’t do anything about this, employers who profit from cheap illegal alien labor benefit from lax federal enforcement and rarely are held to account for their illegal hiring practices.
- Illegal aliens who drive without insurance or drivers licenses are rarely going to suffer more than a $250 fine if caught, even if they cause thousands of dollars in property damage in an accident.
- Illegal aliens who unlawfully register to vote using fraudulent documents are at virtually no risk of having their voter registrations revoked, and not a single illegal alien has been prosecuted in Virginia for fraudulent voter registration because no effort is made to identify those who do so.
- Illegal aliens crowd hospital emergency rooms for primary and routine care, and often register using fake identities in order to skip on the bill. Prince William Hospital loses $15 million annually because of this practice.
- Illegal aliens receive public benefits from some localities in clear violation of state law because the DPVA blocks any efforts to ensure that this law is actually enforced.
- Illegal aliens who commit sex offenses are added to the Virginia Sex Offender Registry instead of being deported at the end of their sentences. Criminal illegal aliens who haven’t committed felonies that have gotten the attention of ICE are regularly released into our communities. No effort is made to effectively even identify illegal aliens in all but a handful of Virginia’s localities.
- Illegal aliens distort the low end of the wage scales for tradesmen and service employees, causing unemployment and reduced wages for precisely the Virginian families that struggle the most to make ends meet.
- Virginian businesses who comply with federal hiring laws suffer a competitive disadvantage against those who flout the law. If you don’t break the law as a small businessman, you will have a hard time surviving.
This is what the DPVA’s leadership actually wants for Virginia, because Saslaw and Moran are telling us that the only bills they will allow out of the General Assembly are those that do nothing whatsoever to address these and other problems associated with the unlawful presence of illegal aliens in the Commonwealth, if they can get their way. Illegals can get your tax dollars, your jobs, run into your parked car, steal your identity, and break all sorts of laws, and the DPVA is fine with all that. Of course if you break any of these same laws, you are going to be held strictly accountable because it’s easier to get you to pay a fine, or find you and put you in jail than it would be to get an illegal alien to pay up or report to prison.
I call on Democratic members of the House and Senate who think it is a horrible idea to put the interests of illegal aliens ahead of those of Virginia’s citizens and legal immigrants to leave the Democratic Party. The DPVA leadership can tell your constituents to go to hell, but you don’t need to join them in doing so.
Delegate Paul Nichols should be the first to do so.
UPDATE: The House of Delegates just passed a bill that would implement the federal Section 287(g) Program state-wide on a bi-partisan 88-11 vote. Saslaw and the DPVA leadership want to kill it. The DPVA leadership is so incredibly out-of-touch with the Virginia electorate it makes one’s head spin.
The opinions expressed here are solely the views of the author, and not representative of the position of any organization, political party, doughnut shop, knitting guild, or waste recycling facility, but may be correctly attributed to the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy. If anything in the above article has offended you, please click here to receive an immediate apology.
You can follow the discussion through the Comments feed.