Commies Scream Bloody Murder About Jeff Frederick

By Greg L | 28 May 2008 | RPV | 14 Comments

Man, I don’t know how one manages to get communists to rail against you like this, but I wish I knew how.  When the far-left rails that Jeff Frederick, who is running for Chairman of the Republican Party of Virginia has ties to — gasp — Americans For Prosperity, “All Children Matter” and the Conservative Action PAC, this reads more like an endorsement than a criticism.  And the timing here is beyond excellent.

Courtesy of the “Star City Harbinger” in Roanoke, here it is:

This weekend (May 30th), Virginia Republicans will choose new leadership for the Commonwealth’s Grand Old Party. Among the serious contenders for first chair of the VA GOP is Delegate Jeff Frederick (R). Hailed by right-wing bloggers as “the face of the future,” Frederick seems poised to win his Party’s top seat.

While liberal bloggers in Northern Virginia practice their rhetorical gamesmanship tearing their fellow Democrats a proverbial new one, right-wing fringe groups have deftly moved into key leadership positions within Virginia’s Republican Party.

The choice of the young and angry set of the conservative punditocracy, Frederick is also the beneficiary of a veritable truckload of campaign contributions from conservative extremist groups like the overtly obstructionist Americans for Prosperity and the more clandestine but equally insidious school-voucher lobby All Children Matter.

For example, Frederick has taken almost $50, 000 since 2002 from the Dominion Leadership Trust, a group with demonstrably strong financial ties to the radically anti-environmentalist group Americans for Prosperity.

Similarly, since he began his career in the General Assembly five or six years ago, Frederick has taken almost $11, 000 from the VA Conservative Action PAC, another far-right political action committee with financial ties to Koch and Fink’s Americans for Prosperity.

Perhaps Frederick’s most consistently strong relationship with conservative special interest groups is the young Republican’s ties to All Children Matter, a lobbying firm for school choice–a euphemism for school vouchers and the ultimate de-funding of the public school system. Since 2002, Frederick has taken over $50, 000 from Michigan-based All Children Matter.

Virginia Republicans have a choice this weekend, a choice between flashy new leadership with ties to fringe conservative PACs that seek to undermine public education and promote the irresponsible belief that global warming is a hoax and the voices of moderation represented by delegates like William Fralin (R) and state senators like Emmett Hanger (R) embodied in the other choices for chair of the state GOP committee.

1. James Young said on 28 May 2008 at 5:01 pm:

Wow! That’s impressive! He manages manage to hit virtually every far-Left, moonbat buzzword about Conservatives.

That Bostwick considers such groups “fringe” says far more about his far-Left worldview than it does about Frederick, who manages to hold the most Democrat of legislative districts held by Republicans.

2. Hank Bostwicik said on 28 May 2008 at 6:52 pm:

Alright . . . We’ve hit the big time. We’re honored to be linked here.

Commie . . . that’s clever.

If noting the connection between the person standing to lead the Virginia GOP and a group which claims that fighting global warming will limit our God-given freedom to treat the globe like our ashtray or demonstrating how much money that person has received from organizations that thwart moderate causes like school improvement is moonbattudinous, buzz me in brother.

This will all be a moot point in a few days, gentlemen, as I’ve heard via reliable sources that Chairman Hager will continue his reign. But you never know . . .

I just have to point out one thing that we’ve noticed over the past few months reading some conservative blogs across Virginia. Whenever someone posts an issued-based criticism of a Republican, be it the overwhelming evidence in support of global warming or the demonstrable financial chaos that would be caused by far-right attempts to privatize the public educational system, the basic response is the same: name-calling, followed by trite snark, and perhaps a reference to the Cold War.

There are other connections out there too we’re running down. The Club For Growth . . . ummmm . . . sweet folks like the Council of Conservative Citizens. Real moderate, centrist organizations.

SCH communist? Hardly . . . read a little more . . .

3. James Young said on 28 May 2008 at 7:04 pm:

Oh, Hank! Playing the game of associating “Conservatives” with racists? That’s too rich! Great tactic. After all, it’s the GOP which stook arm in arm with the Klan, and Klansmen like Robert Byrd and Hugo Black …. er, wait a minute, that was the Democrat Party!

And BTW, any group which stands with teachers unions can’t realistically claim to be concerned about “school improvement.” Improvement of forced dues for far-Left politics is more like it. The problem with you guys on school choice is that the figures belie your Chicken Little rhetoric: every proposal of which I am aware would give no more than half the average per-pupil expenditures to parents for private schools, thus removing one student from the government schools, and freeing up the other one-half for expenditures on remaining government-school students. How that would result in “demonstrable financial chaos” must be a function of the far-Left ignorance of basic economics or, for that matter, basic mathematics.

Perhaps what you really fear is the fact that, just as immigration is the sincerest form of flattery, emigration (from government schools; you know, like many government-school teachers do with their children) would be the most damning form of criticism.

4. anon in dale city said on 28 May 2008 at 7:18 pm:

Moonbattudinous!!!!

5. TDB said on 28 May 2008 at 8:35 pm:

Global Warming is now referred to as Climate Change.

To Hank…your dis-endorsement of Jeff Frederick will have the same effect as Hamas and Ortega’s endorsement of B.H. Obama will have with the VOTERS!

6. undecided said on 28 May 2008 at 8:47 pm:

You know I like Frederick but his campaign has been way too negative up to this point. I would love to get a positive email for a change. His negativity is probably going to end up hurting him. He says all the correct right wing talking points but I don’t believe he has the temperment YET (key word) or the experience to deal with all types in the party. I think in a few years Frerick may well be the choice but I think Hager can handle all sides a little better at this point. Frederick definitely has the chance to change my mind at the convention but I would like to hear some things we are doing right not just hitting us over the head with a hammer because the national name brand (Bush) is doing poorly.

7. A Sully Voter said on 28 May 2008 at 9:55 pm:

Frederick has no class. His flyers are so negative and he threatens those who won’t support him. We don’t need any one with a dictator mentality as chairman. He will divide this party!!!

8. Krutis said on 28 May 2008 at 10:20 pm:

Off topic for Greg L.

Did you happen to notice that an execution took place in Virginia recently?

9. Bummed said on 28 May 2008 at 10:51 pm:

Honestly, I unsubscribed from Jeff Frederick’s e-mail list. I was sick of the barrage. I wish I could find a way of getting John Hager to stop robocalling me short of pulling the phone out of the wall. Their flyers go straight in the trash. If this is the best choices we have then we are in big trouble in the Republican party. (I kind of feel the same way about Marshall and Gilmore.)

10. J. Tyler Ballance said on 29 May 2008 at 6:37 am:

Jeff is the right choice for the Twenty-First Century Republican Party. He has the skills to capitalize on new technology. More significant, he actually understands how to use it to raise huge amounts of money.

Jeff has proved that he knows how to win and he scares the crap out of the Democrats!

The only people who snipe at Jeff are the losers who he is leaving in his wake as he plows through the Democrats and those “old guard” types who like so many of our Party’s blue haired old ladies, keep pleading for Republicans to be gentle and more collegial with the socialist-democrats. To those folks who still pine for old times, I say that it is time to wake-up! We can’t be pals with Obama and his confused band of commie-lite followers. Those people won’t even stand for our National Anthem, for Pete’s sake!

There is a time and place for true bipartisan governance, but when it comes to selecting a new Party Chairman, we should recognize that the time has come to pass the torch of leadership to a new generation; to a man such as Jeff Frederick who will charge ahead like a Bull Elephant.

Just an aside; who are these AFP people funded by? I strongly doubt that any lobbying group will be able to slow Jeff down once he is elected as our next Chairman.

11. CONVA said on 29 May 2008 at 12:00 pm:

Jeff is the choice of true Republicans. Is that divisive, absolutely….it separates the RINO’s from the rest of us. I find it amazing that the ultra-left idiots are so concerned about the Republican Chair, other than they are afraid Jeff may be successful this weekend.

12. Hank Bostwicik said on 29 May 2008 at 1:52 pm:

But wait . . . there’s more:

13. Riley said on 29 May 2008 at 3:19 pm:

I love that Communists are making a comeback.

First, we learn that Russian Communists are calling for a boycott of the new Indiana Jones movie:

Next, we see that there is a Marxists/Socialists/Communists for Obama coalition on Obama’s campaign website:

Now this. Finally they are coming back out of the shadows. That can only be good for conservatives.

14. Hank "Pinko Commie" Bostwick said on 29 May 2008 at 7:59 pm:

So you can follow along . . . I know you want to . . .

I was lookin’ high an’ low for them Reds everywhere,
    I was lookin’ in the sink an’ underneath the chair.
    I looked way up my chimney hole,
    I even looked deep inside my toilet bowl.
    They got away . . .

Well, I was sittin’ home alone an’ started to sweat,
    Figured they was in my T.V. set.
    Peeked behind the picture frame,
    Got a shock from my feet, hittin’ right up in the brain.
    Them Reds caused it!
    I know they did . . . them hard-core ones.

Well, I quit my job so I could work alone,
    Then I changed my name to Sherlock Holmes.
    Followed some clues from my detective bag
    And discovered they was red stripes on the American flag
    That ol’ Betty Ross . . .

Well, I investigated all the books in the library,
    Ninety percent of ‘em gotta be burned away.
    I investigated all the people that I knowed,
    Ninety-eight percent of them gotta go.
    The other two percent are fellow Birchers . . . just like me.

Now Eisenhower, he’s a Russian spy,
    Lincoln, Jefferson and that Roosevelt guy.
    To my knowledge there’s just one man
    That’s really a true American: George Lincoln Rockwell.
    I know for a fact he hates Commies cuz he picketed the movie Exodus.

Well, I fin’ly started thinkin’ straight
    When I run outta things to investigate.
    Couldn’t imagine doin’ anything else,
    So now I’m sittin’ home investigatin’ myself
    Hope I don’t find out anything . . . hmm, great God