John McCain’s Response: No Comment

By Greg L | 21 June 2008 | National Politics, Illegal Aliens | 54 Comments

This is the first mainstream media coverage of presidential candidate John McCain’s outrageous behavior. Let it not be the last. Conservatives need to fully understand what a lying, traitorous piece of trash John McCain really is, and never again allow such a reprobate to secure a Republican nomination.McCain apparently will not even bother to explain himself. Go figure.

UPDATE: Apparently McCain is getting described as potentially a bigger flip-flopper than John Kerry. There’s definitely a reason to think so:

1. starryflights said on 21 Jun 2008 at 12:18 pm:

Just who are we suppose to vote for? How can it happen in the USA that we have such 2 AWFUL candidates from which to chose? Will anyone step into this race to save the USA?

2. Anonymous said on 21 Jun 2008 at 12:56 pm:

As bad as the original Hillary idea seemed, she was likely the best candidate.

3. Red, White and Blue said on 21 Jun 2008 at 12:58 pm:

I am so disappointed in both parties “not getting it”. This is only one issue but obviously a big one as polls have indicated over the past several years with nearly 80% of those polled wanting more secure borders, halting the flow of illegals, prosecution of employers hiring illegals (a felony) and current laws applied in regards to deportation. While the 287g program forwards deportation of criminals, we still fail - 100% - to address prosecution of employers (a best a hand slap and then business as usual for the very few caught and a blind eye to vast many who do it everyday), the security of our borders, illegal criminal activity on our soil in our parks and border towns, the so-called anchor baby issue, and the plight on the taxpayer.
    Obama and McCain are illegal huggers. There is NO difference. It was McCain, along with Kennedy (I guess he survived the bridge incident and his cheating in college) to push an amnesty bill that is still floating around the Senate today, waiting for January.

starryflights: I hate to say it but you already did. We do not have any candidate who wants to address this issue except make illegals, legals. George Bush has the same message, a republican. McCain has been on TV saying he is more of a conservative than people acknowledge. Really? Well, I never would have guessed based on his liasions with likes of super-liberal leftist in the form of many bills over the years. The republicans pundits slam Obama but cannot build up a force with McCain. He is more left than GWB. Defense is his best point but is that true with open borders, no enforcement and a welcome mat that will empty Mexico and other central american countries on our soil? How is this good when anyone can come in, inchecked, no papers, no background check, no health inspection and no employer.

I don’t understand it. They ALL took and oath to defend the country and uphold the laws. They don’t get to pick and choose but GW has. He has ignored the law and told to our faces he is ignoring the law. Obama has told us, Clinton told us and McCain has told us the same story. Yet, the 80% get ignored, the law is ignored and we have no candidates who understand and apply the Constitution.

Who do we vote for? The left or …the left. We have little choice or do we? No one would have guessed the Soviet Union would “fall” in just 4 days with no shots fired, no one hung, no one paraded in the streets, no bodies. How about the Berlin Wall, East Germany? One night, people got pissed and that was that. No shots, no bombs, no tanks, just people taking some control of their lives, on their soil for their country. Their governments were wrong and the people got tired. That is how this country started even though the sign at 9500 Liberty suggest otherwise - you cannot rewrite history.

I have no idea what I will do in November but this is one fact, neither party will see a dime from me as long as they stick to the present policies. Besides, I don’t think McCain wants to win. He is more like GHW Bush, just along for the ride but with little heart to win. In the end, we got Bubba, Monica and a whole bunch of gun control, taxes, terrorist and B.S.

Our only hope is in us. We must “elect” ourselves no matter who gets in office, local, state or national. The fight never ends; ask the folks back in 1774, they can tell you.

John Paul Jones was right: “Sir, I have not yet begun to fight”.

4. me-n-u said on 21 Jun 2008 at 1:55 pm:

This is what happens when people go to the polls and touch the screen. (used to be, pull the lever) I would bet that a majority of voters went to the polls without doing much research on the candidates before hand.

Also money talks. It is so wrong that if you can’t out spend someone even if you are the best candidate for the job you will more than likely lose. So unfair.

McAmnesty makes me sick and I believe that Obama is a racist. Yup! Really great choices we have this year.

5. Taco Truck Ted said on 21 Jun 2008 at 2:50 pm:

Hi I’m Juan from Juan’s Tacos. I just want to take the time to let everyone know that we here at Juan’s Tacos will be winners no matter who wins the prez election. But do not fear, we will be having an American Appreciation Day sometime in November.
    Anyone who has a SSN that ACTUALLY belongs to them will get 33% off all taco purchaces. This is the amount I cheat the govt out of daily.
    This is Juan from Juan’s Tacos saying: Amerdica been berry berry goot to mee!

6. The Oath said on 21 Jun 2008 at 4:02 pm:

**Gulp** Bob Barr is looking mighty good right about now.

7. americangal4ever said on 21 Jun 2008 at 4:25 pm:

The only other candidate that is in the running is Chuck Baldwin of the constitution party He has some clips on you tube and you can check him out on www.constitutionparty.com
    his election webpage is www.baldwin2008.com
    I know very little about Bob Barr but will try to find something on him to get an idea about his position on the issues.
    So far I am voting for Chuck Baldwin over the other (gulp) candidates.

8. Taco Truck Ted said on 21 Jun 2008 at 4:39 pm:

Hello, Juan here again from Juans house of illegal tacos. I just wanted to let everyone know that visitor #600 to my website for the month of June has been automatically entered in the “Win a taco a week free contest.” Valid only until county, state, or federal agency shuts me down. Don’t forget to visit our site today!

9. jz said on 21 Jun 2008 at 7:26 pm:

you would think the fatties over on the other blog would have a comment, maybe when they are done posting pro-illegal immigration propaganda they’ll be ready to post their ideas on this.

10. BattleCat said on 21 Jun 2008 at 8:36 pm:

Could someone tell me again how Ron Paul was such a bad choice? I need to hear that again from the right wing folks. The war? Oh, the war! You know how the only bad press about Prince William County is coming from the lunatic left-wing fringe who are labeling us “rednecks” and “racists”? Well, as far as I’m concerned, we won in Iraq the second Saddam Hussein’s neck snapped at the end of that rope. “Defeat” in Iraq is an artificial label made up by the right to characterize (wrongly) leaving that poophole. We won Iraq if we leave right this second. And guess what? If we stay there for 150 years, on year 151, the place will erupt in civil war. That’s all those people know. The only thing that equates our experience in Iraq to “failure” is the right’s continuously calling it that. The right needs to smarten up and say “we won in Iraq, let’s come home” I know all of that was off the illegal immigrant topic, but that’s what I heard people trash Ron Paul over. Everything else, people wish they had a candidate who said those things now that we have Juan McAmnesty. I didn’t vote for the bastard in VA primary, so it’s not my fault.

11. Greg L said on 21 Jun 2008 at 8:52 pm:

For me, I lost all respect for RuPaul when he suggested in a debate the America was responsible for 9/11. While there are a lot of things he says that I would agree with, he has bought into enough conspiracy theories to make me run away from this guy as fast as I can.

12. BattleCat said on 21 Jun 2008 at 9:04 pm:

OK, I hadn’t heard that. I was serious, I never did hear what the big problem with him was. I must have missed that debate ( I thought I caught most of them). And I know talking about Ron Paul now seems quite pointless, but I just liked most of what I heard him say better than McCain, Giuliani, etc. Romney just didn’t blow my kilt up, either….don’t know why, he just didn’t. But from the beginning, McCain always struck me as a genuine @$$hole.

13. monticup said on 21 Jun 2008 at 11:16 pm:

Ron Paul IS a little bit nutty but the mainstream media and the GOP Establishment don’t like him so he was doomed from the getgo.

14. charles said on 21 Jun 2008 at 11:22 pm:

Veterans for McCain

I think some of your previous supporters my take umbrage with the term “traitorous”.

15. PWConservative said on 21 Jun 2008 at 11:38 pm:

To quote cartman from South Park, Lou dobbs can “Suck my b***s”
    McCain is Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Pro-Defense. Thats all that really matters, Immigration is not that big of a deal.

16. Rick Bentley said on 22 Jun 2008 at 12:33 am:

Spoken like a true elitist. I take it you have enough money not to have to live next to housefuls of illegals as so many of us in PWC did.

17. Greg L said on 22 Jun 2008 at 12:36 am:

So McCain is pro-Second Amendment now? Funny, he never seemed to stray far from Kennedy, Schumer and Feinstein on that issue.

On the so-called “gun show loophole”, McCain has sponsored bills that would impose regulation on citizens conducting private sales of their own property, and is even trumpeted on the gun-grabber “Americans For Gun Safety” website. Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America calls him a fraud and GOA has given him an “F” rating on Second Amendment issues, having voted in favor of the Second Amendment a paltry 27% of the time.

McCain has voted in favor of requiring trigger locks on all stored firearms (really useful when you need to defend yourself in a hurry), voted to restrict the types of ammunition available to citizens, voted in favor of re-instituting Clinton’s ban on semi-automatic rifles (sponsored by Diane Feinstein), and voted to prevent parents from teaching their children how to safely use some firearms. His record on the Second Amendment is abysmal.

To top this off, McCain actually has financial ties to George Soros through the “Reform Institute” which he founded in 2001.

“Pro-Gun”, indeed.

18. PWConservative said on 22 Jun 2008 at 12:54 am:

Rick Bentley

I wasn’t aware that working construction was elitist. I just live out where people farm for a living, and come harvest time I’m surrounded by illegals, I’m also surrounded by them on the job, They are excellent workers, Decent and Moral people and I would have no problem living amongst them.
    I Backed Congressman Hunter, I’m not an establishment guy, But seeng as how Obama may be the AntiChrist, I Support Senator McCain.

Greg
    I respect your right to have an opinion, But I don’t particularly care for GOA, I’m a hardcore NRA guy.
    Sure McCain may not be Mike Huckabee on Guns, But beside Osama He looks pretty angelic.

19. Greg L said on 22 Jun 2008 at 1:38 am:

GOA or not, McCain’s voting record and the bills he has sponsored should be disturbing at the very least to gun owners. How can someone who sponsored “closing the gun show loophole” ever be considered a friend of Second Amendment advocates? How can someone who votes with Feinstein ever be thought of as a conservative?

McCain is a sham.

20. MP Resident said on 22 Jun 2008 at 2:57 am:

McCain is the perfect choice for the “Well, I’m a Republican but…” types.

21. freedom said on 22 Jun 2008 at 6:49 am:

Greg says, “McCain is a sham.”

Greg, I don’t want either of them, to be honest, but fact is that we’re gonna have one of ‘em. …and I suppose that of the two, McCain and Obama, you’re going to support Obama because he’s really “tough on illegals,” and besides, he’s totally honest, huh?

Think hard on that one, Greg….four years is a long time…but a lifetime of judgeships is much longer.

22. NoVA Scout said on 22 Jun 2008 at 7:16 am:

Can I safely assume that I am not the only one who considers Greg’s calling John McCain, who wore the uniform, flew in combat missions, was tortured and imprisoned for years by enemies of this Nation, a “lying, traitorous piece of trash” to be dishonest and dishonorable in its own right? If you have evidence of treason, go see the US Attorney and have McCain brought up on charges. However, I think what you’re probably trying to say is that you disagee with his approach to federal immigration policy. Fair enough. Engage seriously on that point if you want to be taken seriously. But stow the trash talk about one of the increasingly rare politicians who has shown both physical and moral courage in the service of his countrymen. Hagel, Webb, Cleland, McCain are part of a very select, honorable class of public servants who saw combat and risked their lives for us. There aren’t that many of these guys. There aren’t even that many pols who have ever served in uniform (although I suspect that will, fortunately, change as Iraq/Afghanistan veterans return to civilian life and become involved in political affairs). Honor them and then have a civil debate with them on the policies with which you disagree. Don’t ever call them “pieces of trash” or impugn their honor or patriotism.

23. Krutis said on 22 Jun 2008 at 8:19 am:

Amen to that, NoVA Scout! Wish I could have stated my opinion as eloquently.

24. Junes_Reston said on 22 Jun 2008 at 8:22 am:

Ron Paul didn’t outright blame America for 9/11. He did however question if our “involvement” in foreign politics may have attributed to it. He and many other (Republicans and Democrats) wanted to know if 9/11 was a bunch of spoiled rich kids from the Middle East who wanted to blow up some buildings because they could, or if there is a real agenda - and who is behind it.

He also raised the question as to America’s negligence in securing our borders and implementing technology to be able to track who is in the country …. and why.

He further questioned why America quickly rounded up and safely escorted from the country Saudis who were related just prior to grounding all flights.

Ron Paul raised questions that most people didn’t want to hear. When those questions went unanswered, he wasn’t alone when entertaining thoughts that America may have contributed to the bad press we are receiving.

25. freedom said on 22 Jun 2008 at 8:39 am:

…wondering what happened to the McCafferty file…:(

26. Ducky said on 22 Jun 2008 at 9:09 am:

Virginians don’t care about illegal immigration as an issue according to the latest Rasmussen survey taken June 12:

In terms of how you will vote for President, are you primarily interested in National Security issues such as the War with Iraq and the War on Terror, Economic issues such as jobs and economic growth, Domestic Issues like Social Security and Health Care, Cultural issues such as same-sex marriage and abortion, or Fiscal issues such as taxes and government spending?

28% National Security Issues

38% Economic Issues

11% Domestic Issues

6% Cultural Issues

9% Fiscal Issues

8% Not sure

27. Ducky said on 22 Jun 2008 at 9:13 am:

Greg L should be pleased with the latest Rasmussen polls showing Obama about even with McCain here in the Old Dominion

2008 Presidential General Election Match-Ups

McCain
    44%
    Obama
    45%

Those of you prepared to surrender the Iraq war and the war against Islamic terrorists should be pleased as punch with your candidate here in Virginia.

28. opditch said on 22 Jun 2008 at 9:54 am:

I’m glad I waited to respond. Nova Scout & Freedom said what I would have liked to have come up with myself. I think Greg is out on a limb with this kind of “trash talk.” Illegals is a big issue for me, but it is not an overriding one.

29. Big Dog said on 22 Jun 2008 at 10:04 am:

There are no good choices in this presidential election -
    the challenge is to make the best choice. It won’t be easy.

FYI:
    - The big biz GOPers love cheap labor and have
    no problem throwing the “value” wing of the
    party under the Straight Talk bus.
    -This promises to be a close election and the
    hispanic vote will be a key factor in many
    swing states - McCain wants them ON his bus.

But is Obama any better on immigration issues?

30. freedom said on 22 Jun 2008 at 10:24 am:

Of course he isn’t any better, Big Dog….:( In fact, can you name me a single issue that he’s “better” on? Oh well, I forgot about the racism issue…I’ll give you that one, he IS better on that one. Oh, and he’s better at giving away your money, yes, that’s true. OK, despite those two, are there more? Negotiating away our sovereignty to the United Nations? Oops, one more. Well, come to think of it, I guess Obama is better at a several things, if that’s your idea of better. :(

31. Big Dog said on 22 Jun 2008 at 11:27 am:

NoVA Scout,
    Have read rants from Greg (like the one
    you note) and have also read, through the years,
    civil postings that offered reasoned balanced insight on
    issues of the day. (My guess is he is trying to stop
    smoking again.) Sadly, intemperate language can
    close the door on productive dialogue and finding
    common ground. It demeans Greg as much as
    the person/group he is writing about.

32. BattleCat said on 22 Jun 2008 at 11:38 am:

Nobody is saying that McCain is not to be honored for his military service, but it doesn’t buy you a free pass for anything else you decide to do in this life. McCain negated his service to this country many times over by his America-hating legislation.

33. monticup said on 22 Jun 2008 at 12:01 pm:

BattleCat: You’ve got it exactly right. McCain’s military service and personal bravery 30 years ago does not give him license to turn our country over to Mexico, etc. via amnesty and the NAU. Or to steal from the American people during the S & L problem as a member of the Keating Five.

For all of you who believe McCain will appoint conservative judges, you have another think coming. While he may not appoint a Breyer or Ginsberg, he WILL appoint a Souter or Kennedy. Big whoop. The Dems control Congress anyhow so true to form, a President McCain will kowtow to them and “reach across the aisle”.

Strategically speaking, it might be better to have Obama as President. He’ll be a Jimmy Carter sized failure and maybe conservatives will get energized and clean the GOP house of RINOs.

34. Loudoun said on 22 Jun 2008 at 12:05 pm:

Ducky,

Illegal immigration wasn’t part of the Rasmussen poll - therefore the results are flawed. If the topic wasn’t in the poll, how can you say how Americans feel about illegal immigration?

This is not a rhetorical question - I would like you to answer, please.

35. Anonymous said on 22 Jun 2008 at 12:12 pm:

Loudoun said on 22 Jun 2008 at 12:05 pm:
    Ducky,

That DUCKY’S way of doing things — misinformation. DUCKY = QUACK

36. Taco Truck Ted said on 22 Jun 2008 at 1:07 pm:

Hi Juan from Juan’s Illegal Tacos here, I am pleased to announce that a joint tacofeast took place yesterday at my place. Participants included both members of CASA and Help Save Maryland. We here at Juan’s Illegal Tacos love those who are pro and anti illegals. Basically, we sell tacos to anybody!
    Please visit us at our website.

Also please look at these You tube clips to see who in Maryland is slipping the tube into you!

Juan’s Tacos “We’re about the tax free income”

37. NoVA Scout said on 22 Jun 2008 at 1:38 pm:

Battle Cat: Nothing short of real treason, not Greg-type treason, can negate national service such as McCain has rendered. I challenge you to identify anything he has done that was not based on sincere love of country. “America-hating” my foot.

38. Krutis said on 22 Jun 2008 at 2:28 pm:

Battle Cat

Please explain “America-hating” by McCain.

39. Taco Truck Ted said on 22 Jun 2008 at 2:55 pm:

How ’bout when he kept those regulators out of Keating’s S&L’s?

I am hoping he will keep the county regulators from coming into B&T (thats burritos & tacos).

40. NoVA Scout said on 22 Jun 2008 at 3:42 pm:

BTW. I don’t think “utterly outrageous, lying, pandering two-faced son of a bitch” from the previous post is any more civilized than “lying, traitorous piece of trash” in this one. No sane, decent person can take this site seriously when there are outbursts like that.

41. Anonymous said on 22 Jun 2008 at 4:54 pm:

NoVA Scout said on 22 Jun 2008 at 1:38 pm:

Might want to START HERE:

42. Anonymous said on 22 Jun 2008 at 5:02 pm:

NoVA Scout said on 22 Jun 2008 at 1:38 pm:

If you didn’t like that last, maybe you will like this one:

43. BattleCat said on 22 Jun 2008 at 5:10 pm:

Krutis,

Speaking to the National Council of Hispanic Racists (La Raza). I’m sure you or NovaScout do not agree, but that’s the beauty of this country, we can disagree about stuff. McCain puts pandering to Mexico above concerns in his own country. That’s hating America as far as I’m concerned. Your objections are noted, as are your feet.

44. AWCheney said on 22 Jun 2008 at 5:48 pm:

I checked out that web site that Anonymous posted. Does anybody else get a creepy flashback to the Manchurian Candidate?

45. Big Dog said on 22 Jun 2008 at 6:03 pm:

The cold hard fact is the election is between John McCain
    and Barack Obama. Like it or not - that is the choice.
    On election day, you will hold your nose with one
    hand and vote for McCain with the other. For conservatives,
    he is the lesser of two evils. At this point you
    have no leverage, where are you going to go?
    Por favor, amigos. Time for damage control.

On a brighter side, am reading positive articles about
    Tim Pawlenty, the Governor of Minnesota, who insiders
    are calling McCain’s VP. “A Sam’s Club Republican,
    not a Country Club one”. (Not bad, but I still prefer Costco’s
    - lower prices and they treat their workers better).

46. Rick Bentley said on 22 Jun 2008 at 9:11 pm:

Greg might have used stronger rhetoric than people might like. But I guess he takes it seriously that his party has abandoned any core principals. McCain being the naked lunch at the end of the fork should ruin any Republican’s appetite. How the guy got the nomination is some weird, minor miracle - the elitists that run the party were so eager to nominate anyone other than Huckabee that they settled on McCain who is, let’s face it, a weird choice.

47. Dolph said on 22 Jun 2008 at 10:06 pm:

Being a war hero does not necessarily qualify a person to become president. However, it does make it obscene to call said person a “lying, traitorous piece of trash.” That kind of speech is really over the top on so many levels.

I do not necessarily support John McCain for president but I sure do respect him for his efforts during the Vietnam War.

Unless you were there, watching those broken men disembark from the planes on live TV after their release from North Vietnam, I don’t think you have any right to even breath a sign against any one of them. If you watched live, you wouldn’t want to and you would never call them trash.

Age and maturity perhaps are needed here, to understand why remarks such as these are so horribly offensive to someone like me.

48. Krutis said on 22 Jun 2008 at 10:34 pm:

“vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain”

Sounds like the same gang that sank John Kerry with their “boat” stories.

49. anon in dale city said on 22 Jun 2008 at 10:50 pm:

I wish you would come around to the understanding this immigration issue is not a liberal/conservative issue. It’s a populist/corporate issue. There are strong incentives for business to do anything to maximize profit, weather that is hiring illegal immigrants, importing lead painted toys, or building a suburban living arrangement that isolates people and degrades/ignores the public realm. Capitalism is a natural and useful thing. It must, however, be within a framework set by government and law(ideally representing the citizens) because the market by itself is amoral. This framework should include, for example, rules against putting poisons in the water, eliminating a type of animal from existence, harming people with drugs that are thought to heal, and hiring illegal labor. Unfortunately, if you support public health by wanting of fund FDA to make sure drugs are safe your are considered liberal. While if you oppose illegal labor by wanting fund ICE to crack down on employers you are considered conservative. Both positions are just different ways that the government sets rules for business.

Another thing to consider is libel laws make it risky to criticize specific businesses. Government entities on the other hand are not going to sue you for libel because you have free speech. We end up hearing a lot more criticism of government than corporations.

50. AWCheney said on 22 Jun 2008 at 11:19 pm:

Dolph (and Krutis, although I won’t hold my breath for that), you should check out the site, and not just the front page, before you judge. Personally, it makes me curious enough to check some things out because it’s all verifiable.

51. Anonymous said on 23 Jun 2008 at 9:42 am:

Krutis said on 22 Jun 2008 at 10:34 pm:
    “vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain”

Sounds like the same gang that sank John Kerry with their “boat” stories.

…..and the TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!

52. Crystal Clear Conservative said on 23 Jun 2008 at 1:17 pm:

Bob Barr is by far the best choice in the slate of candidates in 2008. Juan McAmnesty is part of the evil axis with the other part being Barack Hussein Obama.

53. freedom said on 24 Jun 2008 at 7:30 am:

…and are there those here who believe that Mr Obama does not “pander to the Latino crowd” as well? Of course he does, but that’s what we EXPECT of him…so it doesn’t bear mention.

John McCain is far from my “ideal candidate” Years ago, I said I could never vote for that man…and I didn’t like it as it was happening during the primaries, but I didn’t get my way. Yet, throw McCain under the bus and you certainly don’t end up with “Mr American dream.”

He panders to even OTHER “crowds” too: http://exposeobama.com/

Nice alternative, huh? :(

54. Krutis said on 24 Jun 2008 at 7:54 am:

freedom - exposeobama.com !!!!