Horsey Girls On TV

By Greg L | 20 August 2008 | Prince William County | 77 Comments

The Prince William County Police Mounted Unit (affectionately known as the “Prince William Mounted Amazon Cavalry” hereabouts) played host to “horsegirltv.com” recently, giving host Angelea Walkup an opportunity to get a close up look at the police operations that apparently focuses on providing a mobile petting zoo for the community’s children.  After 400 hours of training for four officers, this unit is apparently credited with one arrest of someone drinking beer in someone else’s back yard.  No doubt criminals across the county are now struggling with nightmares of being chased down by a horse after watching this program.

I know, it’s not exactly the stunning success many might have hoped for as a result of this program, but the kids do seem to enjoy petting the horses and it gets the PIO on this very popular horseytv show.  No word on when they will outfit these officers with shields, spears and perhaps uniforms more fitting the role of the Prince William Amazon Mounted Cavalry.  Appearances are important, after all.

Now if they could only deploy this unit on Route One near Prince William Parkway.  While riding they might play this instead of Ride of the Valkyries, and really stike terror into the hearts of criminals in the county.

1. IllegalisILLEGAL said on 20 Aug 2008 at 9:32 pm:

Oor tax dollars at work. And people are worried about spending money to deport illegals.

2. IllegalisILLEGAL said on 20 Aug 2008 at 9:33 pm:

Our not Oor

3. starryflights said on 20 Aug 2008 at 9:58 pm:

What a waste of taxpayers money. Aren’t motorcycles good enough?

4. Che' said on 20 Aug 2008 at 10:24 pm:

Were do they mount the cameras on the horses?

5. Greg L said on 20 Aug 2008 at 10:29 pm:

Maybe they are, and maybe they’re not. The problem is we just don’t know. Chief Deane authorized this program and made a long-term commitment to funding it without any apparent review or oversight from the Board of Supervisors. Was this the highest public safety priority at the time? Is this the best use of taxpayer funds? Who knows.

A mounted unit could be useful for crowd control, civil disturbances, and “back country” operations to the extent we still have much of that in Prince William. They aren’t the only solution in these instances, and may or may not be the best solution.

When we were discussing the Section 287(g) Program, Deane couldn’t possibly spare a handful of officers for five days of training to deal with illegal aliens, but he had no problem sending officers for ten weeks, for a total of 400 hours per officer. The results so far don’t fully demonstrate the wisdom of this investment, to say the least.

6. Dave in PWC said on 21 Aug 2008 at 7:33 am:

They didn’t get the job done when looking for the guy who accosted the lady in the Battlefield.

7. Dilly said on 21 Aug 2008 at 8:42 am:

Were do they mount the cameras on the horses?

In the horses’ a$$ so that when Frank Principi wakes up each morning he can smile at Hilda Barg filming her latest version of “Asleep in Woodbridge”

8. Che' said on 21 Aug 2008 at 9:26 am:

Nice one Dilly. You hit my pitch right over the fence.

9. elvis said on 21 Aug 2008 at 9:57 am:

I could see the benefit here, more along the lines of community policing and such. bringing the police closer to the community. I think there is some benefit to be had here.

10. /\/\3|)iç 64 (Winner of the BVBL 40k and 50k post award) said on 21 Aug 2008 at 11:21 am:

2 of these officers found their way through the townhouse section of Westgate a few months ago. Good looking horses and the animals weren’t bad either. HMMMMM I typed that out didn’t I. Sometimes my fingers get a mind of their own, maybe I can get special assistance because of it, oh wait I am not ILLEGAL so I can’t qualify for any help what so ever.

11. /\/\3|)iç 64 (Winner of the BVBL 40k and 50k post award) said on 21 Aug 2008 at 11:26 am:

elvis, I agree, but they have to also have to have a presence that is somewhat intimidating. Women on horses just isn’t all that intimidating.

12. /\/\3|)iç 64 (Winner of the BVBL 40k and 50k post award) said on 21 Aug 2008 at 11:26 am:

Wow, I should proof read a bit better. LOL

13. Anonymous said on 21 Aug 2008 at 12:06 pm:

The best part about this video is Kim Chinn commenting on police work. Less than a year of street experience, then a firearms incident soon after beginning a plain clothes assignment. She is an authority on street crime. It comes as no surprise that she is involved in this unit. I wonder who was handling the caseloads, and individual assignments of the mounted officer’s while they were away receiving 400 hrs. training. Are these officers really that expendable in their current assignments, or were other officers dumped on while being ordered to pick up the slack. It helps to be one of “Charlie’s Angels”.

14. elvis said on 21 Aug 2008 at 12:33 pm:

medic,

agreed, but I’m sure they are a hit with the youngsters (and oldsters) alike. I would rather look at a bunch of girls on horses than a bunch of dudes any day, much more appealing for sure.

that said, throw one of those “anti” gals on a horse and watch me completely vomit my guts out (had to throw that in, because I know they are watching!)

15. Anonymous said on 21 Aug 2008 at 12:40 pm:

This is par for Prince William County law enforcement…. Get very little accomplished, cost the taxpayers a lot of money.

16. Mightyputty said on 21 Aug 2008 at 1:12 pm:

Can we get them to wear uniforms like the beach volleyball team? :) :) :) :)

17. Mightyputty said on 21 Aug 2008 at 1:25 pm:

Err, after seeing the video, disregard my earlier comment :(
    Maybe the horses should be riding the policeladies.

I feel for that poor SOB that was caught drinking AND was behind on his child support. He had the misfortune of getting caught by four female officers. He probably got four wood shampoos, a good macing, and numerous groin kicks. Maybe even dragged behind the horse!

18. elvis said on 21 Aug 2008 at 1:46 pm:

well mighty, I would agree with you but I’ve seen far worse than that, just take a quick gander over to the anti site :)

19. Dave On Dublin said on 21 Aug 2008 at 1:47 pm:

This video could possibly be in violation of a copyright. Listen closely at 1:15 and again at 1:53. Sound familiar from somewhere?

Greg - Where did you get the info that their only “credited” arrest was the one alcohol violation you mentioned?

20. Truth Seeker said on 21 Aug 2008 at 2:36 pm:

Way to go Just Cause!

21. elvis said on 21 Aug 2008 at 2:48 pm:

I believe the funding for this police unit was from donated funds, not sure though. I’m all for them, promoting visibility to the police department in any way shows the community that police are “around” officer presence in any form is always a good thing regardless of what they look like or ride. just my opinion of course. I think they said they only ride about 5 days a month or something, nice PR for the police department. I wonder if the PR officer (who is one of the riders) thought this stuff up.

22. Wolverine said on 21 Aug 2008 at 4:46 pm:

I don’t have an opinion about the PWC lady riders, but I can tell you as one who once spent time around some rather frisky “beasts” of this kind, it is not very pleasant to get stepped on or bitten by one of them when they get upset or frightened. Since I’m not from PWC, I won’t comment on the funding; but, if PWC ever gets to the point where you have demonstrations as they do in Southern California, you might be happy to watch these animals in action, regardless of the sex of the riders. It’s not the riders who frighten people in a crowd, it’s the size and unexpected movements of that big animal and the possibility that out-of-control demonstrators might wind up with maimed feet and broken knees for their trouble. That tends to diminish the enthusiasm of the moment very quickly.

23. Colonial83 said on 21 Aug 2008 at 5:24 pm:

elvis, it appears that you can say anything you want about the anti chicks. They want you back, bad. Check it out.

24. elvis said on 21 Aug 2008 at 5:30 pm:

oh my lucky stars! I’m sorry to say I will not be returning. I only have enough juice in me to provide entertainment for one blog only. we’ll just have to leave the entertainment up to the poster over there who calls himself “moonhowler”, he’s funny! and he’s even funnier when he pulls his head out of a horses a$$ (sorry, couldnt resist since we are on a horse topic)

25. anon said on 21 Aug 2008 at 6:16 pm:

Moonhowler is a chick - but I’m sure you knew that! :-)

26. elvis said on 21 Aug 2008 at 7:00 pm:

I didnt know that moon was a chick! honestly, it never occured to me to apply a sex to “it” :) but now that I do it makes some things come clear, I honestly thought that “he” was a gay man.

27. elvis said on 21 Aug 2008 at 7:01 pm:

and I’m still convinced that Leila is nancy lyall

28. freedom said on 22 Aug 2008 at 8:45 am:

I’m kinda like elvis at 2:48….I know the mounted police unit costs money and I don’t know the source of that money. However, we have too many police officers who thrive on “the power of office.” Perhaps the existence of a more friendly side — in the form of a mounted unit — will have a positive effect upon the sometimes very arbitrary “get out of the way and do as I say” standard force.

We need a strong police force, but they sometimes get just a little too “taken” with their own power and the respect that we naturally give them so as not to raise their ire. I think the police department — ANY police department for that matter, could do with some more positive public relations, particularly in a ceremonial role with the children.

29. Just Cause said on 22 Aug 2008 at 9:07 am:

elvis said on 21 Aug 2008 at 7:00 pm:
    I didnt know that moon was a chick! honestly, it never occured to me to apply a sex to “it” but now that I do it makes some things come clear, I honestly thought that “he” was a gay man

*********************************

Speaking of …I vision you elvis as a 5′2..bald, chubby…am I right???

I have found that people who impersonate those that left a legacy, fought diversity, made history with his television appearances and specials, and knew great acclaim through his many, often record-breaking, live concert performances on tour and in Las Vegas. Globally he was a superstar..
    often create such alias of stature as a way of enduring pattern of sensing, thinking about, and relating to self and environment. Some believe that dissociation exists on a continuum ranging from daydreaming to Dissociative Identity Disorder, to assume uncontrolable behaviors, inability to recall major personal information that cannot be attributed to common sense or forgetfulness. This behavior is not caused directly by substance abuse or a general medical condition but rather lacking coddling by a parent, such as a Mother.

30. Just Cause said on 22 Aug 2008 at 9:16 am:

and BTW elvis, today’s theraputic consultation was a freebie, anything further will cost you.

31. NNEEIIGGGGHHHH said on 22 Aug 2008 at 10:09 am:

Freedom, I really really really really hope you are not an elected official. The type of p.c. hogwash you espouse is the very way that government spending grows so wildly out of control. You are talking about TAXPAYERS MONEY. Thinking we should be paying for a total waste of money such as this worthless HORSEY GIRL program because it promotes a ‘nice’ feeling from the community is ridiculous.

I have met or encountered several Prince William County Police officers (including one who gave me a speeding ticket). Every one of them have been polite and proffessional. None of them acted as if they “thrive on power of office”. We are lucky to have such a good Dept. serving our community. Its just a shame that they waste so much money and resources on such a worthless (yet very costly) program as the horse unit.

32. Prince William County Police Officer said on 22 Aug 2008 at 10:37 am:

Then vast majority of officers in this Department think of this program as an absolute joke.

I just watched the video and heard Kim Chinn say she works “full time” as the P.I.O. officer. What a load of crap. She dosent do any work. Just ask M.P.O. Bogert (who used to be the P.I.O officer under her command, or Erika Hernandez the current P.I.O. officer under her command. Chinn spends most days somewhere other than at work, and does no police work at all.

The real mystery and the million dollar question around the department is why her position was promoted to First Sergeant when she only has one officer under her command. Why couldnt her position just have remained Sergeant? Nothing changed in her duty assignment. This is a waste of a first Sergeant position and money.

The bigger mystery and the 2million dollar question is, why has she remained in the same position as a supervisor for so many years. The department changes a supervisors assignment within the department very frequently. The average assignment lasting around 2 years. She has sat in her supervisor assignment by far longer than any other supervisor in the department (excluding the chief) by a huge margin, years in fact.

Why wont the chief change her assignment? He does for every other supervisor in the department. Even when some dont want to be changed.

33. freedom said on 22 Aug 2008 at 11:36 am:

NNEEIIGGGGHHHH said on 22 Aug 2008 at 10:09 am: “Freedom, I really really really really hope you are not an elected official.”

No, I’m not an elected official….and I am the most conservative that you’ll ever find, but let me tell you, not ALL of those police officers are so nice, cordial, and professional as you have found. I stand by what I said.

34. Citizen 12 said on 22 Aug 2008 at 11:40 am:

An interesting side note is the dead beat dad they picked up. They said $90,000 in back support? The police stumble onto this guy but the folks responsible for seeing that he pays can not get the job done?

Further proof that the courts fail to hold people responsible for their actions and legal obligations.

35. elvis said on 22 Aug 2008 at 12:20 pm:

well just,

hate to disappoint you but..I’m 6 ft on the dot, 220 pounds and work out every day for about 1-2 hours. I take myself as fairly fit and eat a pretty damn good diet (other than the occasional beer) so while I thank your for the wikipedia cut-n-paste moment you posted it was off the mark. have nothing to do with how I’m named, talk to my mother about it. she was a big elvis freak.

why dont you go back to the other blog with all the other tools?

36. Anonymous said on 22 Aug 2008 at 1:24 pm:

The Chief doesn’t change her assignment because it wouldn’t give him the opportunity to look at her everyday. What other officer hugs the Chief and calls him Charlie when meeting him? I remember once when Kim Chinn filled in as a west end street supervisor. She was terrible. She had no control in situations requiring supervisors, and other supervisors had to step up and help her because she didn’t know what to do.

It would not be good if she was to work anywhere else but the P.I.O. position. Which she has maintained ever since holding the rank of officer. Besides Kim Chinn complaining that she should have people helping her with routine tasks, have you ever wondered why the work load requires additional people at all? If you have 400 hours to leave your job and train to be a member of the “horse girls” then I would think your position as a supervisor really runs by itself, and doesn’t require your presence. How about leaving work early to work out? If you’re a patrol or CID person working your butt off with paperwork leaving you at the station after you should be at home, or unmanageable caseloads that can’t be investigated in a timely manner, this type of preferred treatment just kills your morale. Yes sir, it pays to look good and be one of the Chief’s girls.

37. Just Cause said on 22 Aug 2008 at 2:37 pm:

well just,

why dont you go back to the other blog with all the other tools?

************************************************

hmmmm you seem a bit defensive when your mental and physical appearance is challenged. you should add “shallow” to your self description as well. As for your name, keep refering yourself to the small case elvis, you have to earn the right to go all caps.

as for your rebuttal..well that was predictable…..Add that one in there too.

38. /\/\3|)iç 64 (Winner of the BVBL 40k and 50k post award) said on 22 Aug 2008 at 3:22 pm:

Prince William County Police Officer,

Maybe you can explain why a patrol car drove right by the day laborers at the Coverstone 7-11 this morning. I am interested in knowing what is going on. I am curious, since I am sure that certain cars have an area to patrol, why can’t the patrolling officer go by there first thing in the morning and clear the area? After a while come back and clear it again. Of course don’t do it at a regular time so they do not know when it is going to happen. Why can’t any of them be arrested for trespassing or loitering? I think simple enforcement of the law will go a long way. I personally do not have any issue with the PWC department. I think they are all professional people, at least the ones I have came into contact with. I have even purchased their lunch at Foster’s on a Saturday before. I purchased gift certificates and sat them on the edge of the table and thanked them for their service. I have even thanked the officer that lives in my community as well. I am not against the department, I just want ya’ll to do something about the day laborers. Once they realize they are not welcome, then other crime will drop. Let’s combat the small crime first then move up. I am sure all of the officers are busy with cases and such which is a deterrent to doing something about the day laborers. I wish I could help more.

39. /\/\3|)iç 64 (Winner of the BVBL 40k and 50k post award) said on 22 Aug 2008 at 3:23 pm:

just cause,

I didn’t see anything defensive about elvis’ statement. He stated facts that were not boisterous and to the point. Why do you have to try to start crap?

If you are indeed one of the regulars over at the anti site and want to come over here to cause problems, move on nothing for you here.

40. Maureen said on 22 Aug 2008 at 3:25 pm:

To the police officers that have posted: it’s great to hear from the PWC police department. I want to thank you for your service.

Could you let us know how you feel about the resolution?

41. retired detective said on 22 Aug 2008 at 4:11 pm:

Kim Chinn is a sweet girl and I considered her a friend (albiet not close) when I was with Prince William.

Unfortunately anonymous and PWCPO who posted above are correct. Everyone from the rank of Capt. down to patrol officer are known to cut a joke are two about Kim keeping that PIO position forever. It’s about time that another member of the organization have the chance to work in that position. As long as Charlie is Chief she will stay in that position without interuption.

I dont think it would look anywhere near as bad as it does if she wasn’t promoted from officer to Sgt., then to 1st Sgt. while doing thye exact same job. This is a perfect example of “fat” in the system that never should have come to be. way too many supervisors and not enough worker bees within the organization.

By the way, Kim is pretty cute also.

42. anonymous said on 22 Aug 2008 at 4:32 pm:

This is interesting feedback from members within the police department.

43. US Citizen said on 22 Aug 2008 at 4:43 pm:

This is a good program that can get better in the future. Looks like PWC Police are still learning how best to deploy this unique asset - but it is a good effort for many reasons mentioned already. Like all public programs, it must be held accountable and subject to periodic revenue - but that is to be expected. We don’t need sacred cows in public spending, so programmatic revenue is to be expected and the taxpayers demand it. Good programs survive thorough examination - with flying colors - and so do good mounted units.

44. Elvis said on 22 Aug 2008 at 6:19 pm:

agreed,

just is “just” looking for a fight. it’s likely moonhowler him/herself. it’s expected for sure, I did throw quite a few barbs their way however, this IS another blog and they have the power to not post anything. I’ve chosen to post here (and not there) so let’s leave it at that. I’ve chosen to cross over to where common sense exists and I’m quite happy. I’m not worried about individual personalities, however they seem to be. and for those that care, my name is Elvis and I’ll spell it however the damn hell I wish.

as for being called shallow, that’s certainly a first however I felt it was appropriate to correctly describe my physical appearance since I was called a fat, balding man. Not that bald is bad or anything, but I take great personal pride in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. If that’s shallow then I guess I’m shallow..nuff’ said, let’s get back talking about our favorite subject Illegal Aliens!

Elvis Horatio Mathers III

45. Weekend Ranger said on 22 Aug 2008 at 10:02 pm:

What a joke…I can not understand why the PWC Police Department continues to fund this program ($$$$$$$) yet they decided to pull out of the Northern Virginia Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force because they can’t afford the “manpower”. What a joke. What’s more important? Our Children or looking good for the communinity?

46. NoVA Scout said on 22 Aug 2008 at 11:47 pm:

re the 1522 comment: what would the legal basis be for the police to move day laborers away from any particular site (absent a request that they do so from the property owner)? Day Laboring surely isn’t a crime (at least it wasn’t when I did it for a living).

47. Anonymous said on 23 Aug 2008 at 4:03 am:

Weekend Ranger,
    The manpower issue exists because your Chief intentionally keeps his ranks lean. In the past, he has received denial of funds from the BOCS for programs he wanted because funded positions were not filled even after previous requests to hire additional officers by BOCS members went unanswered.

It is leadership and enforcement through perception. This mounted unit presents a level of visability in the community. Although no real enforcement has been accomplished by these women, they present an increased level of visability. These types of issues will not change until the current Police Chief retires. Then the County Executive should search for his replacement from outside of the department. This county needs someone leading its police department who is about enforcement, not perception.

48. Benton said on 23 Aug 2008 at 11:58 am:

I can’t follow this statement? Which programs were denied by the BOS? I also can follow the second part of the statement. Dense here, I guess.

49. Elvis said on 23 Aug 2008 at 4:12 pm:

Is Kim Married? She’s pretty hot

50. Weekend Ranger said on 23 Aug 2008 at 5:56 pm:

So let me get this straight…the PWC Police Department is more concerned about their public perception then being pro-active in various areas of enforcement?

I have spoken to several of my friends who themselves are PWC Police Officers and they have told me a few things that I’m concerned about:

1) I understand more monies have been forwarded to the horse program; while other important programs within the police department have been deleted. Again, because of “manpower” or “monies”.

2) PWC Police Officers are “forbidden” to talk about the horse program in general. My friends say they could face stiff discipline action if any of their supervisors find out about them discussing the horse program. If the program is so “good” why do officers face discipline for talking about the program?

3) I also understand the officers riding these horses can not get off their horse to make an arrest that the officer needs to radio another patrol office to make the arrest. You have to be kidding me. If they can’t make the arrest; why have the program?

I’m sorry but as a tax payer in PWC I think our tax dollars could be used for more important programs like protecting our children on-line or getting more k-9 units on the streets.

And that’s another issue I have with the PWC Police…can someone tell me why during the county fair all of the k-9 officers are assigned to the fair? These officers and their dogs need to be protecting our community during the fair week and not “on call” status. If the fair wants to hire the officers and it’s the officers off day go ahead. But if they are scheduled to work, please have the officers and their dogs on the streets protecting the citizens of PWC.

That’s all for now….

51. Wolverine said on 24 Aug 2008 at 4:12 am:

Don’t know about your para 3, Weekend Ranger. I always thought horse units were for crowd control rather than making arrests. Anybody out there know what the procedures are for the U.S. Park Police vis-a-vis a mounted officer making an arrest? Sounds to me like it would be pretty dangerous to throw your prisoner on the back of the saddle instead of waiting for a patrol car to take him away!

52. Just Watching said on 24 Aug 2008 at 8:36 am:

my take,

These horses were not being used by the park service so they wanted to unload the burden of the horse care and expense to some nitwits who know nothing about them. They were successful.
    Further, the PWCPD uses them 5 days a month. Well this says a they are really needed, lol. The only thing they are doing is having a leisure ride on five days of the month at the Citizens expense and as was stated in the video, they get to walk around and talk to people other than writing citations and doing real police work. Sure they might find the random hobo in the woods. That is nothiing that could not be done on foot or on a 4 wheeler or a dirt bike. And the upside of these is no feeding, vet bills or additional care on the other 25 days of the month. It is a pile of , well you know, waste! I wonder if they have any Winchesters 94’s and have practiced saying “Pilgrim” or actually firing a weapon off the mount. Might be fun to watch that!
    The only upside I can see is, IT is flashy for a parade unless you in a marching band following the riders…

53. Elvis said on 24 Aug 2008 at 3:01 pm:

they could probably add a few more horses for dirt cheap if they signed up Katherine Gotthart, Alanna and Elena. They could provide transportation on the cheap and would be extremely good for deterrent factor. I would be scared crapless to see them wandering around with a horse bit in their mouth.

54. Benton said on 24 Aug 2008 at 5:25 pm:

Oh Advocator…. you do make me laugh. But what about the arresting part?

55. Benton said on 24 Aug 2008 at 5:26 pm:

Oh, that was Elvis… hmm. Wonder why I got you mixed up? Apologies..

56. Elvis said on 24 Aug 2008 at 6:00 pm:

no problem Ben, I think the issue here is to scare the pants off people and force them to submit. They’ll have to call in backup to arrest I’m sure, just like the real ones. They could possibly sit on the detained offender but they could possibly injure or kill them due to the extreme weight involved. I’m rolling in my easy chair and laughing my a$$ off thinking of those fools with saddles on their backs :) they could call them the “jenny craig division” of the Prince William Police department.

57. Dave in PWC said on 24 Aug 2008 at 7:22 pm:

Dang Elvis, that was funny, harsh but funny. Goatherder with a bit in her mouth? You cracked me up.

58. Advocator said on 25 Aug 2008 at 5:06 pm:

I’ve been out of the ‘Net for a while, Benton. Temporary duty in a large sanctuary city to the Northeast of us. The Fat Broads think I’ve been kidnapped and smuggled to some craphole near Tampico.

You all need to leave the Horseywomen police alone. Chicks with badges, uniforms, and guns mounted on trusty steeds!! Still my throbbing heart.

59. /\/\3|)iç 64 (Winner of the BVBL 40k and 50k post award) said on 25 Aug 2008 at 5:30 pm:

I know a few do not like the group over on the other site. However, do we wish to be above the fray or stoop to their level of complaining and griping about people over here always talking about them? The best thing, which I have learned in my many years on the net, is to let a lying dog lie. Don’t kick it and it won’t bite you. If we do not say anything about the way they behave or appear, they can not retaliate by bashing Greg and the folks that post over here.

DISCLAIMER:
    BEFORE it goes any further, I am referring to an old saying when I say let a lying dog lie and it is NOT in any reference to any of the people that post on the other site.

I know I am probably not a popular person on this site, but if we stop referring to them, they will eventually run out of things to talk about. :)

60. Elvis said on 25 Aug 2008 at 7:38 pm:

medic,

true words of wisdom that i will surely abide by. very true stuff to be sure. maybe if we take it far enough the “other” place will eventually die off into nothingness. the interesting thing about “evil” is that it expands and eventually eats it’s own. that’s what I see becoming of illegal alien apologists, they’ll continue to rant and rave, eventually what will occur is someone will feel the major problem of illegal aliens affecting them at their doorstep and then they will be a believer.

I know this because that’s what happened to me, I was very content to sit around and watch these folks take advantage of everyone but me. But then it came my turn to be affected and I didnt like it one bit.

61. Harry said on 26 Aug 2008 at 8:44 am:

This is an incrediible waste of Tax payer $, another Corey Stewart led fiasco.

62. Harry said on 26 Aug 2008 at 8:47 am:

Ah, ah, shouldn’t the horse be ridden instead of the horse riding the horsey girl, oh, the horse is on the bottom, very difficult to tell.

63. /\/\3|)iç 64 (Winner of the BVBL 40k and 50k post award) said on 26 Aug 2008 at 8:49 am:

Elvis,

That is exactly my point. An apologist is someone that has not been affected by the ILLEGAL alien invasion YET or belongs to the particular group of people that are usually ILLEGAL aliens due to the ease of access on our southern border.

They will eventually run out of things to talk about if people on this blog take the high road and stop referring to them. I have been over there recently and it is basically the same as it was back in April, they continue to bash folks over here and the blog in general. It is ok for them to blog about me because I do not care what people say or think. I know who I am and those who know me know who I am. People who do not know me, well that is their loss. :)

I hope others will follow suit with you Elvis. I have noticed that Greg doesn’t post anything about them anymore which shows maturity on his part. Why stoop to their level? Let’s make BVBL above board and show the rest of the blogs how it is done.

64. /\/\3|)iç 64 (Winner of the BVBL 40k and 50k post award) said on 26 Aug 2008 at 8:51 am:

Be careful Harry, I got lambasted on the anti site for making a tongue in cheek comment very similar to that earlier :) I forgot to add just kidding on the end of it and it was taken as a serious comment. :)

65. PWC Officer said on 27 Aug 2008 at 1:17 am:

I can vouch that what’s been said by other PWC officers is true. Although a nice person, Kim Chinn is clueless about doing real police work. I’m not sure what Chief Deane could do with her as I don’t believe she could cut it on the street and to be honest the officers on the street don’t want to find out. The mounted program is a joke within the agency yet it still remains funded. Cut this position and give us some more detectives, K9’s and accident investigators. No more motors though. We have more than enough there.

66. Good Time Charlie said on 28 Aug 2008 at 7:26 am:

If she were a male officer she would have been dismissed long ago.

67. Just Cause said on 28 Aug 2008 at 7:29 am:

Really GTC?? why is that??? Think there is certain standards for women and men in the work force???

68. Just Cause said on 28 Aug 2008 at 7:30 am:

Actually GTC, if she were male she wouldnt of been dismissed, her paycheck would be tripled…but not dismissed….

69. Elvis said on 28 Aug 2008 at 5:07 pm:

I’m pretty sure you are right, from what I hear she’s pretty tight with the chief. coming really close to inappropriate tight from what some officers have told me. calling the chief “charlie” in front of the rest of the troops says a lot about how she interacts with him and demoralizes the rest of the officers and stir’s resentment.

I’m sure the officer is extremely nice, otherwise she wouldnt be in public relations but I cannot see how effective she would be on the street after so many years doing the PR stuff. I’m sure she garners some resentment from the rest of the officers because she’s riding a desk instead of being out there fighting crime and supporting the community.

70. Good Time Charlie said on 28 Aug 2008 at 6:21 pm:

The real resentment occurs when she releases info. to the public on active cases, and her actions have an impact on the ongoing investigation.

She was once advised by a detective handling a shooting incident, that arrest warrants were obtained in the case, but not to alert the public that the identity of the shooter was known to police.

The detective wanted to find the shooter to avoid flight from justice, and arrest him the next day. But she ignored the investigator’s request, and advised media outlets that arrest warrants had been issued in the case.

The outcome of her actions…….

The shooter left PWC, traveled to Philadelphia, obtained the identity of another person, got involved in an argument with someone living in the same building because the victim gave him a disrepectful look, and shot him twice in the chest.

He then attempted to flee the country by crossing the border into Canada where border agents detained him and learned of his wanted status in 2 different states.

All of this should not have occurred. If she had done her job correctly the shooter would have never made it out of PWC, and had the opportunity to commit further violent crimes. Supervisors in CID were extremely upset about this but would not engage in a complaint against her due to her unique relationship with the Chief of Police.

Amazing stuff.

71. PWC Officer said on 1 Sep 2008 at 3:54 am:

I hate coming back on here appearing to slam Kim Chinn and especially Chief Deane as I consider both friends but this horse unit has caused a lot of rift within the department. The unit may not be full time but that’s really not important. The fact remains that it is absolutely a waste of resources. Unfortunately it’s probably time for Chief Deane to retire and allow someone to take over. Someone mentioned that the board needs to bring someone in from the outside but that’s not necessary. We have at least one person on the command staff that would make a good chief. I won’t name him as he doesn’t need the attention or to be embarrassed. Contrary to what many on here think Chief Deane has been a good chief for PWC but it’s now time for him to go.

72. tupapi said on 3 Sep 2008 at 8:57 pm:

John, I do I greed with you….let vote for Carlo Mencia as chief for Police….we need manority we need a minority candidate in our community.

73. optimist said on 4 Sep 2008 at 11:52 am:

Why isn’t anyone complaining about the $800,000.00 fire boat Prince William County bought? She’s a real beauty. No wonder we can’t afford to enforce our laws. Wake up Deane and start doing your job instead of buying play toys for your staff. Better yet, put it on e bay and use the money to enforce the laws.

74. Old guy said on 6 Sep 2008 at 1:52 am:

Hey dum dum. The boat was purchased through a federal grant. PWC residents didn’t pay a dime.

75. Greg L said on 6 Sep 2008 at 10:11 am:

Those same federal grants that Deane couldn’t get for cameras in patrol cars? So while we don’t have cameras in patrol cars (according to the International Chiefs of Police Organization they’re very useful to enhance officer safety) we can manage to get a federal grant to fully pay for for a boat.

76. optimist said on 10 Sep 2008 at 8:22 pm:

And just what do you think it cost to operate a boat that size? I watched the boat go out for a cruse last Sunday with a staff of 6. That is six county employees being paid for a Sunday cruse. Where do I sign up for that kind off duty. Do I have to marry somebody’s daughter?

77. PWC Officer said on 25 Sep 2008 at 11:24 pm:

Come on optimist. First off it’s cruise. Secondly, they aren’t out on a pleasure cruise. They run calls for service while on the water. They’ve towed stranded boaters in as well as other necessary services. Get your facts straight before running off with the mouth.