One Less Radical Teaching Our Children

By Greg L | 28 August 2008 | Manassas City | 55 Comments

John Steinbach (above, center, demonstrating his solidarity with illegal aliens who overcrowd residential dwellings in Manassas City Hall in December, 2005) is now available for employment as a substitute teacher at any school system that is willing to subject their students to his inappropriate in-the-classroom political commentary, since his contract with Metz Middle School in Manassas has not been renewed this year.  Perhaps this is part of the city’s strategy to improve Adequate Yearly Progress achievement in Manassas City Schools.  If so, they should be applauded.  This was a long-overdue.

The American activists in Mexicans Without Borders — John Steinbach, Teresita Jacinto and Nancy Lyall — all are now former employees of our city or county schools where they often were responsible for “multi-cultural programs”.  That hasn’t stopped local school systems from continuing to run some of the most outrageously radical programs you could imagine, that teach elementery school students that perversion is good, that America is horrible, and do everything they can to turn students into right-thinking socialists, but at least this coming year there will be one less radical nutcase poisoning the minds of our children.

John Steinbach speaking at a Mexicans Without Borders rally

Perhaps Mr. Steinbach can find employment in Maryland.  I hear that the local political establishment there can’t restrain itself one bit from throwing taxpayer dollars to CASA de Maryland, which could probably make good use of another self-loathing guilt-ridden white guy who wants to turn America over to Hugo Chavez.  He and Montgomery County Executive Ike Legget would get along famously.

1. what a great county said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:18 am:

Glad he is out of there but I am sure we haven’t heard the end of him.
    I wish the school system would rid it self of all of the multicuture and others that have proven they are left radicals.

When one even talks to these type like John,you can tell he’s out of it and not someone you would want teaching your child.

2. wanna bet said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:38 am:

Here’s my take. 2008 is the year of the snake, 2009 will we still walk blind, 2010 will we do it again and 2011 at last a little bit of heaven! It is our time to make the changes in our schools. It is our time to stop talking about making change but doing something that will bring the change. Our schools did not become what they are over night. It serves no good purpose to continue to tell ourselves our schools are doing fine. Obviously they are not!

3. Johnson said on 29 Aug 2008 at 2:31 am:

Good riddence to bad rubbish. He and his ilk should be removed. Our kids deserve better.

4. Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 6:40 am:

dont know if this story was picked up by the board or not, it’s local

it’s also in todays MJM as well

I know these folks have hispanic surnames but wondering if they are illegal. I think this is a culture thing, I know a lot of hispanic families that leave their young children alone all day without care.

5. Truth Seeker said on 29 Aug 2008 at 8:40 am:

Exactly how do you know that Mr. Steinbach’s contract was not renewed? Did he tell you that or did someone release personnel information to you?
    How do you know what he taught in the classroom? Were you ever in the class?

6. Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 8:44 am:

truth,

information easily obtainable. if you are so into the “truth” then why dont you search yourself. try google first you internet retard and it’s well know about his exploits in both the classroom and otherwise so you would do well to make a search online before you start opening your truthless mouth.

7. Supafly said on 29 Aug 2008 at 9:02 am:

I love this picture. Stienbach, amid illegals, behind a Mexican flag, at Manassas City Hall.

How much does he hate America? Can he count the ways?

8. Truth Seeker said on 29 Aug 2008 at 9:40 am:

So Elvis-You have been in Mr. Steinbach’s classroom or do you just operate on hearsay? You know nothing about what he taught. I am assuming he taught the subjects in the classes in which he was substituting.

I am well aware of Mr. Steinbach’s affiliations and I know where he stands on the issues.

9. legal2 said on 29 Aug 2008 at 10:30 am:

Elvis, has anyone determined where these parents worked? I would really like to know.

10. DPortM said on 29 Aug 2008 at 10:53 am:

Me thinks the only truths Truth Seeker is seeking is the false truths on the anti site and any opinion to back up his/her open borders agenda.

11. anonymou said on 29 Aug 2008 at 10:55 am:

“Exactly how do you know that Mr. Steinbach’s contract was not renewed?”

Among other ways, I expect a FOIA request would turn up the requested information. You could probably even find out how much Mr. Steinbach was getting paid for his services, too.

12. DPortM said on 29 Aug 2008 at 10:55 am:

sorry for the typo

“are the false truths…”

From CNBC - news flash:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, a self-styled “hockey mom” who has only been governor for a little over a year, is GOP Presidential candidate John McCain’s choice for Vice President, CNBC has learned.

According to a Republican strategist, Palin is the nominee, though McCain’s campaign has not comfirmed this.

With an announcement scheduled in Dayton, Ohio, an associate of Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said the governor had been informed he is not McCain’s pick.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak for Pawlenty, who had all but ruled himself out.

13. what a great county said on 29 Aug 2008 at 10:59 am:

Truth Seeker

The information on John and whether he’s working is public knowledge. Also the same with Lyal,Gonzales,Bell and more.

You don’t have to be in a class room,they brag on them selves. The HS kids tell there experience everyday with the jerks like him.

One of them yapped all the way from a meeting in Manassas (Committee of100)
    to 3 others in the car.She should have gone back to Mexico,since she didn’t like anything. She was a high school teacher. And God forbid I don’t see how anyone would learn anything good from this type.

It didn’t do any good to try and show them where they were wrong. All she wanted to do was argue.

That was about 10 years ago and I hear nothing has changed.

14. Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 11:04 am:

my son was in a class that john subbed. although I have enormous respect for a person who has strong beliefs, I dont want those beliefs passed to my children. nuff said about that and it should clear up any crap with regards to truthy wanting a scoop.

for legal: im going to the courthouse today, will see if I can find out anything.

15. Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 11:06 am:

sarah palin is an awesome pick. She’ll balance out any of mccain’s moderate views and bring the ticket more into balance. I’m concerned about her experience level, but any chick who lives in alaska is good enough for me and she’s easy on the eyes as well.

16. Truth Seeker said on 29 Aug 2008 at 11:40 am:

My grandson was in a class in which John subbed. My grandson reports John never said anything about his beliefs or policital affiliation. My grandson said all he did was teach the subject matter.

17. Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 11:47 am:

sorry,

I’ll believe my son over your grandson any day so take a hike.

18. anonymou said on 29 Aug 2008 at 11:50 am:

“I know these folks have hispanic surnames but wondering if they are illegal.”

They own the house where their kids were found by the police.

Not saying that’s any indication they’re legal, after all, some banks were bending over backwards to make questionable loans.

19. Loudoun Insider said on 29 Aug 2008 at 11:56 am:

What an asshole.

20. Truth Seeker said on 29 Aug 2008 at 11:57 am:

Elvis,
    Hiking is one of my favorite pastimes. If it wasn’t raining I might take follow your suggestion.

BTW my grandson is not a liar

21. Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:00 pm:

truth,

“funny name isnt it” never said he was. Funny thing about kids, they all have different perspectives on things. It’s up to parents to decide what they believe and what they dont. personnally I think you and your ilk are a bunch of scumbags who dont even deserve to be a citizens of this country. I’m not sure how you can sleep at night, you and your anti blog cronies are nothing short of evil and I despise the things you stand for. I think scumbags is about the kindest word I can say about you and your little buddies on the other blog.

22. legal2 said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:06 pm:

Elvis, wasn’t dolph also a *truth seeker*? sounds like the same person.

23. Truth Seeker said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:09 pm:

I feel sorry for you Elvis.

You do not know me, nor what I stand for. You can not even engage in intelligent dialog. You seem to have to resort to name calling to make your points.

All I did was ask questions about how Greg got his information about John S. and the whole lot of you jumped down my throat. Guess questions are not allowed here?

24. DPortM said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:10 pm:

While Truth Seeker does sound like Dolph, I doubt if Dolph enjoys hiking - hikers are usually very physically fit - Dolph isn’t.

25. legal2 said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:24 pm:

DPortM, I guess there is more than one touchy antiblogger out there…same m.o. (question the author, lash out, play the victim).

26. DPortM said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:28 pm:

Legal2, I concur. There are many touchy antibloggers out there in cyberspace with the same m.o.

27. DEEP said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:34 pm:

I have a kid that went to Metz last year and although he never said John spouted his political views in class (they only had him once) they did say that he creeped them out.

28. DEEP said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:36 pm:

DPortM I like the way dolph signs off, ~~splash. I really think it should be ~~~~SPLASH!!!!

29. JM said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:37 pm:

Truth’s grandson may not be a liar, but I find some of the things she writes to be questionable. I wouldn’t believe anything this desperate leftie posts unless it can be independently verified. I doubt she has ever even talked to her grandson about Steibach or politics in the classroom.

30. DEEP said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:40 pm:

for your reading pleasure……….a piece by John. Excuse me I need to go barf!

31. DEEP said on 29 Aug 2008 at 12:46 pm:

I’m back and this one is even worse.The Bush Administration, U.S. Nuclear War-Fighting Policy
    and the War On Iraq
    By John Steinbach (johnsteinbach@starpower.net)

A friend of mine told me that when her son went to Metz, Steinbach was giving out a website. She didn’t remember what the site was but thought it was about his nutty stuff on Hiroshima and Nagasaki

32. anon said on 29 Aug 2008 at 1:02 pm:

Teresita Jacinto is still a teacher at Godwin Middle. I don’t think she has left the system.

33. me-n-u said on 29 Aug 2008 at 1:03 pm:

DEEP your comments reminded me of the other things that John Steinbach is into. Like Mexicans Wothout Borders. Everyone should read this and then tell me that illegals are good for our country.

Articles may be reprinted with credit to Socialism and Liberation magazine.

“The majority of immigrants do not come to the United States attracted by liberty and democracy. Rather, they are fleeing from hunger and misery. As long as the U.S. government implements unequal neoliberal policies that only benefit the big corporations, immigration to the United States will continue to grow, regardless of how many legal reforms are put into place.”
    ‘Giving permanent residency to the 11 million undocumented workers would greatly benefit all workers. The immigrant workers would no longer have to live in obscurity, with the stigma of being “illegals.”

34. es_la_ley said on 29 Aug 2008 at 1:41 pm:

Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 11:06 am:

O.T., but….

sarah palin is an awesome pick.

Woohoo!

Beats Hussein’s experience level hands down… she actually has some!

and she’s easy on the eyes as well.

Damn straight! I want to see her debate Biden…. and rip him apart.

35. Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 1:42 pm:

DEEP,

my kid said the same thing, nothing overly political however the “way” he spoke irked my kid enough to say something. He didnt stand up and preach to the kids and for all intents and purposes was a fairly decent educator. however the kids do know what he does outside of the school and that does affect their learning. I know it shouldnt, but these are kids we are talking about. I would still put my kid back into the classroom. if the guy is dedicated enough to his “cause” I would hope he’s dedicated enough to teach children. however jacinto is a different story, havent heard anything good about her but have no concrete information to say she sucks as a teacher.

awful lot of talk in the hallways about this one, and I heard it once or twice at PTA meetings and such. but my view is that he is a decent educator who really cares, I just dont agree with his views which is why this is america.

36. Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 2:49 pm:

es,

she’s going to do quite well, after watching her speak I’m confident she actually believes what she says. I dont agree with everything she stands for, but I want a believer. Someone who believes in america and I think she’s the ticket. She makes Mccain look good.

much better than the messiah; just because he can rock an audience doesnt mean he’s a good president, for all we know he’s the anti-christ. amazing how things in the book of revelations shape up near election time but I havent seen the likes of obama’s “stardom” since the reagan and maybe clinton times so he’s got some gab behind him. However having a woman on the ticket is that much closer to the white house for american woman and it looks like a good sell for them. My wife usually votes democrat and she instantly liked palin.

37. what a great county said on 29 Aug 2008 at 3:02 pm:

Truth Seeker

Don’t you know you can call School Central Office and get questions answered. Or send a FOIA request.It doesn’t take long.

38. Rick Bentley said on 29 Aug 2008 at 3:04 pm:

I was just over at Mullen Elementary and it looked like Littlle Mexico. About a million people blocking doorways chatting in Spanish, quite a mess.

39. jfk said on 29 Aug 2008 at 3:50 pm:

Truth Seeker is Dolph. I have spent too much time on this blog, as I can tell the identities of indivuals by their writing style and choice of words.

Nice to have you back Dolph. However, I suspect you never left.

40. DPortM said on 29 Aug 2008 at 4:52 pm:

JFK - she must not have been telling the truth about loving to hike!

41. Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 5:06 pm:

i ran some of her comments against the truth’s and the prose, punctuation seem pretty damn close to what dolph has posted in the past. If it’s not Dolph, then I’m a fish.

42. Truth Seeker said on 29 Aug 2008 at 5:06 pm:

Sure I can send a FOIA but the school has up to 7 days to respond. And I know I can call the school to see of John S still works there but that was not my issue.

My issue is information has been reported about a person’s employment which may or may not have been substantiated. In addition, everyone seems to know what John S taught in class without ever having been in his classroom.

I asked 4 questions, for which I have never received an answer. I was waiting for the the know-it-all to answer my questions. Guess that is not going to happen. It is easier for some to post half truths.

43. anonymou said on 29 Aug 2008 at 5:19 pm:

Maybe you ought to go get your “Moderate Splashdown” blog going again. Looks like it’s been in need of some love since January.

44. Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 6:05 pm:

truth,

maybe because no one cares enough to answer any of your stupid questions? I’m taking a shot in the dark here but maybe that’s it?

45. Anonymous said on 29 Aug 2008 at 11:30 pm:

Elvis said on 29 Aug 2008 at 5:06 pm:

^^^^^^splash^^^^^^

46. Anonymous said on 30 Aug 2008 at 12:20 pm:

permanent subs do not have contracts–they have to apply every year and are hired from year to year

47. Marie said on 30 Aug 2008 at 12:30 pm:

Can’t do a FOIA on personnel actions.

48. Brian Leeper said on 30 Aug 2008 at 10:47 pm:

You should be able to get an answer to an FOIA asking whether a certain person on the payroll. You aren’t asking why they aren’t on the payroll.

49. Elvis said on 31 Aug 2008 at 1:32 am:

is it not just peachy that the young man in the photo above is holding a mexican flag? What pains me is that these folks are illegal and now they are protesting in our country. if ever a travesty existed this is it.

50. zeezil said on 31 Aug 2008 at 11:22 am:

Truth Seeker…please change your handle to the more appropiate “Little Truth Seeker”.

51. Mr. Anon said on 31 Aug 2008 at 9:59 pm:

zeezil, just call her Dolph please.

52. freedom said on 1 Sep 2008 at 6:36 am:

“Truth Seeker” (???) said, “…information has been reported about a person’s employment which may or may not have been substantiated.”

Lots of things in this world are unsubstantiated…in fact, has it ever been “substantiated” that you do in fact seek truth. If you’re expecting everything to be proven truth, you’re in the wrong place. :)

53. Colonial83 said on 1 Sep 2008 at 8:11 pm:

My kids always dreaded having Mr. Steinbach as a sub, as the class was always very chaotic and the bullies were allowed to run rampant while he was oblivious to the goings-on in the classroom. What happens when you go to guidance with concerns for your child’s safety? You get presented with a “safety plan” that singles your child out and invariably gives the bullies a pass. And of course the teacher didn’t see a thing.

Last year was our last with Metz and we are very happy to finally say good riddance once and for all to that place. Let them coddle the illegals’ bully children and force the teaching staff to learn Spanish to better “understand” those disruptive PIA’s. We’re sick of the fight.

54. freedom said on 2 Sep 2008 at 7:24 am:

Maybe ICE will take him too!!

55. Mightyputty said on 3 Sep 2008 at 1:28 pm:

Well, we can always enjoy him on those Seinfeld reruns.