Open Thread

By Greg L | 29 September 2008 | Uncategorized | 64 Comments

Have at it…

1. Slick said on 29 Sep 2008 at 5:12 pm:

I have heard from several sources that the Barak Hussein Obamination will push through congress Reparations for blacks once he is elected. The number I have heard is one million US dollars per recipient. When asked about the subject he has said he opposes reparations, but apparently he is playing word games. What he doesn’t say is that he only opposes the current plans because the dollar amounts are too small. Is opening up these old wounds and potentially starting a race war in this country really “change we can believe” in and “hope”?

2. Emma said on 29 Sep 2008 at 6:12 pm:

Alas, the cost of the great social-engineering experiment that resulted in the mortgage lending crisis will not fall to the taxpayers….yet.

3. Anchor Baby said on 29 Sep 2008 at 6:16 pm:

This is a listing of how local House officials voted on the $700B bailout package.

I’d like to personally thank the conservatives that voted against this package. Thank you for standing up against socialism and against raising a new tax to support this bailout. Those members know that government will not be able to ‘fix’ this economic situation - only make it worse. I do believe the fundamentals of our economy are still strong - one only has to goto a Lowe’s on a weekend to see how many people are still spending money on home improvement.

Virginia Democrats:

Goode: No
    Goodlatte: No
    Wittman: No
    Wolf: Yes

4. Indigenous_Elvis said on 29 Sep 2008 at 6:23 pm:

interesting day,

I’m hopeful for McCain but I dont think today did his campaign any favors (even though he supported the bailout). Now with republicans voting the way they did it’s likely that the messiah has a much better chance to take the cake. Funny, the only ads running this afternoon on TV are the ones dealing with the economy…nothing from McCain!

I’m not really sweet on having us pick up the bill for wallstreet, but I think something drastic needed to be done and I think the bailout was at least “something” that had a good chance of helping.

however I was pretty shocked that the republican members of congress shafted the whole thing from what I saw. Not that nancy pelosi’s speach helped but come on…people need to be willing to put their stuff on line and not be afraid to get it cut off so to speak.

Now look at the stock market, it totally sucks. worst drop ever, worse than after 9/11 and the fat cats get to go home as normal. My investments suck now, luckily I invested primarily in T-Bills so they are ok for now. But my 401k sucks as does everything else.

Thanks congress, for shafting a possible band-aid for the economy!

as an aside…I’m sure the twinkie troop still has enough money to stuff their faces full of nice sweet things :)

5. PWConservative said on 29 Sep 2008 at 6:25 pm:

This is why the Bailout failed

6. TedKennedysSwimInstructor said on 29 Sep 2008 at 6:37 pm:

Elwina Slopssberg-Dunkel is going under cover to “fit in with the crowd” at the next HSM meeting:

Look for the pink breast milk powered Prius in the City Hall parking lot.

7. Ducky said on 29 Sep 2008 at 6:42 pm:

Today’s rejection was a victory for free market capitalism everywhere! This is a clear indication that the American people want businesses to hire whoever the heck they want to hire! To hell with unions, to hell with minimum wage! Yes to free markets, yes to the hiring of whoever the heck businesses want to hire, even if it means illegal aliens. I want to thank all of you for supporting free market economics!!!!

8. Ducky said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:03 pm:

To heck with government intervention in the economy.

9. Love The USA said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:13 pm:

IT’S LIKE THE ENIGIZER BUNNY
    Topic of Immigration Displays a Knack for Migrating Into Other Areas

10. CitizenofManassas said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:15 pm:

Good work from ICE on this. I wonder what the pro-criminal supporters have to say about this?

11. CitizenofManassas said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:16 pm:

Most of the pro-criminal supporters who show up at HSM meetings stand out like, well, criminals.

12. Love The USA said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:17 pm:

If there is a bailout, the executives from the companies that are bailed out should be put in jail. They should also have to pay out large sums of their salaries.

13. Maureen said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:17 pm:

Want to see how congress voted?

14. Ducky said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:19 pm:

If you have money in a 401k account, you have probably lost a lot of money today. But that is okay. We must respect free market economics.

15. Anonymous said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:22 pm:

PWConservative - would that have put it beginning at the time of the whole Enron scandal with Fannie and Freddie?

16. cityrez said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:41 pm:

Congressman Frank Wolf voted FOR the bailout — he just lost my vote for re-election…..as did Tom Davis….

let’s send a message in this election and shut out the two major parties, PERIOD, from the PREZ all the way down to local candidates…..

Vote THIRD PARTY candidates only…..CLEAN HOUSEs!!

17. economic_elvis said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:41 pm:

congress pissed me off today,

when I saw that republican vote I was pretty shocked, if anyone would want Wall street bailed I figured it would be them.

now they are whining about pelosi and looking bad, she’s a big mouth and they should have seen that speech coming from a mile away and just kept quiet. they made themselves look even worse by whining about it and saying it was her fault.

the democrats voted for it by a far larger margin. I’m not democrat, but today it looked like they were supporting the bailout. It’s a really slick political move too, it put the messiah up on top again in the polls for sure.

18. CitizenofManassas said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:51 pm:

At the root of the problem is the fact too many people who did not have good credit were able to purchase homes. While home ownership is great for the Nation, not everyone is responsible or capable of owning a home. These people failed in paying their mortgages and the companies that held the mortgages then were left holding the bag.

19. Legal PWC Citizen said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:53 pm:

I have a “bailout” idea.
    700 billion dollars
    Current census population 305,292,930 http://www.census.gov/population/www/popclockus.html

Now I’m no math major but that sounds to be about 2 million
    dollars to each of us. 3 million if the trillion dollar amount that is mentioned
    is closer to the truth.

Go ahead Government and tax me at 50% of the 2 million I get.

That leaves about 1 million for me to spend back into the economy
    and you, Mr. Government, get half the bailout back right away in taxes.

I call that a real “stimulus” package.

Just make sure you are giving the stimulus to United States citizens who
    are the backbone of this country. No illegal aliens, no Wallstreet criminals,
    no lobbyist groups, no bull.

Bailout the citizens. Not Wallstreet.

20. Bridget said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:55 pm:

Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis

Obama & Co Top Recipients Of Fannie Mae Freddie Mac

ACORN “Bailout Failure is an Opportunity to Improve Package”

Back for more this thursday:

21. Dave in PWC said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:56 pm:

Teddie,

You’re killing my appetite with that picture. That was nasty.

22. cityrez said on 29 Sep 2008 at 8:07 pm:

John Fund, Wall Street Journal:

The President can, by EXECUTIVE ORDER, do two things immediately that will start to solve this problem BEFORE putting taxpayer billions on the line…1)suspend the Mark to Market accounting rule and 2) suspend the capital gains tax.

The first will help the banks who are carrying the toxic waste, the second puts liquidity back into the market.

Paulson has a number of other things in the tool box he can use but will not because he has decided the taxpayers money will solve the problem….a daytrader by training — knows nothing about solving what is a BANKING issue at this point.

23. me said on 29 Sep 2008 at 8:11 pm:

cityrez said on 29 Sep 2008 at 7:41 pm:

Tom Davis is not running….Hence Connolly and Fimian running for the 11th ….geesh do you get out and actually vote or just threaten not to vote for someone not knowing what is going on?

sorry I am normally not nasty but I have had a very BAD day!

24. Dave in PWC said on 29 Sep 2008 at 8:15 pm:

PWConservative,

Very informative video. I knew the dems were behind most of the bad things that have happened starting with Slick Willy not taking UBL out when he had several chances.

25. es_la_ley said on 29 Sep 2008 at 8:15 pm:

Anchor Baby said on 29 Sep 2008 at 6:16 pm:

Spoken like a TRUE conservative. Bravo!

26. Anonymous said on 29 Sep 2008 at 8:35 pm:

Only an idiot would want the govt. to pass this obscene bailout bill. If you knew anything about finance and markets then I wouldn’t even have to write this. What happened today was a Godsend. With any luck the next vote will be the same. Until we have had a chance to put forth a working plan and take time to go over it without the business end of Paulson’s gun stuck in our ear telling us to pass the vote on the quick and down low then nothing should pass. I called Wolf today to tell him that what he did was unacceptable and that I was voting for Feder and even donated $50 to her campaign. I also wrote him an in-depth email explaining to him why I felt like I did and that he will get no vote for me, my family or my friends or anyone else I can persuade. He really blew it. He showed today that he works for the corporate fat cats and not for the little guy. Call your Congresscritters and demand that they vote nay.

27. Beck said on 29 Sep 2008 at 8:38 pm:

Today’s Wall Street Journal includes a letter to the editor from Sandy George of Montville, Maine. Her take on the situation is right on: “I find it ironic that the financial crisis was not caused by radical Islamic terrorists or Colombian drug lords. Nor was it created by organized crime, radical right-wing survivalists, or inner-city gangs. It was created by our nation’s best and brightest, our nation’s most educated, affluent and culturally elite, with the blessing of our government leaders, who turned a blind eye and deaf ear.”

28. Emma said on 29 Sep 2008 at 8:42 pm:

Unfortunately, the Democrats will spin this to look like the Republicans stood in the way of economic relief. To me it looks like more proof that Nancy Pelosi has no real control over her majority.

Congress is as much to blame as the lenders for this mess, forcing them to extend loans to people who had no business borrowing in the first place as part of the ongoing liberal social experiment.

29. Brian Leeper said on 29 Sep 2008 at 8:49 pm:

“That leaves about 1 million for me to spend back into the economy
    and you, Mr. Government, get half the bailout back right away in taxes.

I call that a real “stimulus” package.”

The slight problem with that is it will result in massive inflation. More dollars chasing the same amount of goods.

It’s the same reason that the price of houses went up when they started relaxing the lending standards.

I just did the math, though, and it’s closer to $2292 for every person in the USA.

(I thought 2 million was a tad high, simply based on the fact that I don’t know too many people who lost $2 million in home equity and this problem was precipitated by the subprime mortgage mess)

30. ceejay said on 29 Sep 2008 at 9:17 pm:

=================================

emma, i have to agree. after the vote, while the Dow was falling, i went to get a drink. there were two guys in front of me, and one said to the other “see? i told you those damn republicans would screw up this bailout!”

sorry, i couldn’t help it, i had to tap him on the shoulder and point out that 95 democrats had voted against this bailout bill, with 64 republicans voting for it. if the vote had gone completely according to party lines, it would have passed. so he could take his comment about the damn republicans and stick it sideways.

sorry, i’m not usually that direct. bad day.

31. ceejay said on 29 Sep 2008 at 9:21 pm:

me, you beat me to it. it really irritates me when people don’t even know who’s running and who isn’t!

==============================================

sorry I am normally not nasty but I have had a very BAD day!

=============================================
    i actually heard a soundbite on the radio that those who were not running for reelection all voted for the bailout. hmmm, wonder why that would be? coincidence? i think NOT!

32. Red Dawn said on 29 Sep 2008 at 9:34 pm:

Does Ron Paul have it right? I think so and outside of voting Bob W. he is who I would want to represent the COUNTRY ( HUMBLE-me)
    I was reassured, SURPRISED that there are MANY Ron Pauls that spoke today. I heard it with my own ears and it was not SELECTIVE hearing. My faith was renewed in our government even thought I am scared as shit.

33. me-n-u said on 29 Sep 2008 at 9:41 pm:

MALKIN: Illegal immigrant factor
    But there’s one giant paternal elephant in the room that has slipped notice: how illegal immigration, crime-enabling banks and Bush open-borders policies fueled the mortgage crisis.

34. CitizenofManassas said on 29 Sep 2008 at 9:47 pm:

A few more bad guys off the street.

35. Emma said on 29 Sep 2008 at 10:09 pm:

me-n-u, that was the social engineering I was referring to that helped get us into this whole mess.

36. Firelight said on 29 Sep 2008 at 11:08 pm:

Here’s an interesting video on how we got to this point in the financial crisis…it’s pretty good!

[Ed note: Great link. It’s been promoted to its own post.]

37. Naughtius Maximus said on 30 Sep 2008 at 6:06 am:

“I have heard from several sources that the Barak Hussein Obamination will …”

Voices inside your head?

38. Mighty Putty said on 30 Sep 2008 at 9:59 am:

Naughtius Maximus said on 30 Sep 2008 at 6:06 am:
    “I have heard from several sources that the Barak Hussein Obamination will …”

Voices inside your head?”

Is the pot calling the kettle black, Rick?

Buckle in folks, Ricky has finished his cornflakes, dressed himself, and plopped in front of his PC to turn this open thread into the Naughtius Maximus show. He’s ready to jump on every conversation thread, and show how fast those little sausage fingers can type.

39. Nancy P said on 30 Sep 2008 at 10:15 am:

You know I think Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should be in jail for this. It is time to stop having the foxes guard the hen house. I am so glad that they voted this thing down. Newt Gingrich has a great idea which would not put the taxpayers on the hook for what congress actually started. I am a real estate agent and back in the early 90s, Clinton put in a requirement that everyone who wanted a job should have one and eliminate red lining which meant that some racial groups would have been disallowed for loans. That started the no money down, no doc loans which is what started all of this. Barack Obama has received a lot of cast and sweetheart deals from Freddie Mac and Country Wide. He knew what was going on. He has so many communist and radical ties that I wonder what he real deal is. I am so fed up with McCain being blamed for this. I know it is politics as usual but he needs to stand up for himself more. What drives me nuts is that the facts are there to find but somehow Obama doesn’t get painted with the slime he should be painted with. Never have I feared a candidate more than him. He doesn’t love our country and he is basically a socialist which is fine if you live in England or Sweden but not here. He lies about everything and now he has truth squads trying to prosecute what he calls lying ads. He did that to Clinton as well in South Carolina. Free speech would be a thing of the past with him. Wake up folks, this is a very serious matter and the folks are acting like sheep.

40. Billy Bob said on 30 Sep 2008 at 11:54 am:

Nancy P…great comment! Obama, coming from the great Chicago
    school of filthy politics scares the hell out of me. If you want to get
    a black person’s perspective on Obama (and family), google
    Honorable James David Manning and you will get an ear full.

41. madmom said on 30 Sep 2008 at 12:50 pm:

How ’bout we put a freeze on any money leaving the US ie all
    these billions that are “earned” here and then shipped off to
    other countries?

Our economy doesn’t benefit from these dollars at all. Those sending would either have to 1) put it in a bank or 2) physically take it with them back to their country of choice or 3) risk someone finding it under the mattress.

Preferably #2.

I do not doubt for ONE SECOND that the weight of caring for illegals & letting them buy our real estate when they are a real flight risk has taken our country down.

Do NOT bail these bloodsuckers out.

42. Emma said on 30 Sep 2008 at 1:16 pm:

Anyone who has paid attention to his/her 401K over the last couple of days could not possibly support this bailout. I have a boring, fixed-rate, 15-year mortgage, a very manageable monthly payment, no credit-card debt, and drive fuel-efficient vehicles. We have followed all of “the rules” when we could have bought a much larger home and nicer cars and been able to walk from that obligation. What is my reward for all of this good behavior? No chance of early retirement and a remote chance that I will be able to leave working life when I’ll still be young and healthy enough to enjoy it.

The quick fix is not the answer. The average rule-following Joe doesn’t deserve to have to come to the rescue here. This should be a wake-up call to this country to enforce our borders once and for all and stop the insane form of “reparations” that the lending spree embodied.

Votes were bought to the tune of $700 billion, and now it is time to pay up. Unless the fat cats feel a little pain, history will repeat itself.

And now I must go back to work. I’m sure there’s a Wall Street executive having a 3-course lunch somewhere out there who is counting on me.

43. Muttley said on 30 Sep 2008 at 2:30 pm:

Tanker move sends chilling message:

Wonder what Obama will do?

44. Advocator said on 30 Sep 2008 at 2:39 pm:

The fact that Frank Wolf voted for this bailout says volumes about his political philosophy and loyalties.

45. Muttley said on 30 Sep 2008 at 3:38 pm:

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years and the first six, the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago: Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high; Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon; The unemployment rate was 4.5%; The DOW JONES hit a record high of 14,000 +; American’s were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!

But American’s wanted ‘CHANGE’! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes–we got ‘CHANGE’ all right.
    In the PAST YEAR:
    Consumer confidence has plummeted; Gasoline is now about $4 a gallon; Unemployment is up to 6.5%; Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices still dropping; 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

Yesterday, the DOW hit a low and nearly $2.5 trillion dollars has evaporated from folks stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.

In 2006 The U.S. voted for change, and we sure got it!

46. manassascityresident said on 30 Sep 2008 at 3:47 pm:

Muttley said on 30 Sep 2008 at 3:38 pm:

AMEN! Ain’t that the truth!

47. info said on 30 Sep 2008 at 4:11 pm:

For our study population of 55,322 illegal aliens:
    * They were arrested for at least a total of nearly 700,000 criminal
    offenses, averaging 13 offenses per alien.
    * About 24 percent were drug offenses.
    * About 21 percent were immigration offenses.
    * About 15 percent were property-related offenses such as burglary,
    larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and property damage.
    * About 12 percent were for murder, robbery, assault, and sexually
    related crimes.
    * The remaining 28 percent were for other offenses such as traffic
    violations, including driving under the influence; fraud—including
    forgery and counterfeiting; weapons violations; and obstruction of
    justice.

48. es_la_ley said on 30 Sep 2008 at 7:21 pm:

FYI..

Gun show this weekend (Oct 4-5)

VFW Post 1503, 14631 Minnieville Rd, Dale City, VA

49. ben said on 30 Sep 2008 at 8:40 pm:

got mine!!!!! along with ccp

50. Citizen12 said on 1 Oct 2008 at 12:04 pm:

Muttley said on 30 Sep 2008 at 3:38 pm:

In 2006 The U.S. voted for change, and we sure got it!

**********************************************************
    While the Dems have not done much but pass non binding resolutions, let’s not forget this. The first 6 years of the Kings term he failed to veto a single thing. While it was clear many things were not right, they, the administration and congress, failed to act.

For example:

In 2004 Franklin Raines, CEO of Fannie Mae stepped down during an investigation of Fannie Mae, when it was discovered they had cooked the books in order to receive MILLIONS in bonus money.

While some of his supporters in congress tried to pull the race card in his defense, neither party called for harsh penalties, and he and his associates got away with paying pennies on the dollar in restitution.

No need to ask why they get away with millions and the guy who robs a gas station of $250 is doing serious time.

51. indigenous_Elvis said on 1 Oct 2008 at 6:36 pm:

oh teddie, never knew elwina had that much chest hair :) Now KG is another story, she’s probably got more hair on her chest than a kodiak brown bear.

I’ve always been curious about elwina’s hyphenated name, what’s up with that? To chicken to take the full plunge? guess if she splits up it’s easier to drop the name or something. Never understood that practice, had a friend once (who was pretty whipped) take his WIFES name, I couldnt believe it.

Not much coming out from the blog of evil this week, wonder if curves or jenny craig is running a special or something. I was watching a tape of one of the bocs meetings, saw alanna holding up her kid while speaking..she looked like trailer park trash.

52. DPortM said on 2 Oct 2008 at 6:29 am:

Terminator Says Nada to Driver’s Licenses for Illegal Aliens!

Thank you Governor!!!!

53. BothPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToYourFears said on 2 Oct 2008 at 11:01 am:

“You know I think Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should be in jail for this. ”

Paulson? Bush?

54. CitizenofManassas said on 2 Oct 2008 at 4:12 pm:

Oh where oh where is Dolph. Yup, the NEA does not have a liberal slant to it at all.

55. economic_elvis said on 2 Oct 2008 at 4:39 pm:

A bit irritating when politics enters the classroom, there will be hell to pay if I find out teachers are pushing their political views on children, leave to liberals to do this.

56. economic_elvis said on 2 Oct 2008 at 4:40 pm:

In fact, I’m going to directly ask my childs principle about this tomorrow, I’m concerned after I saw the above posts.

57. Mighty Putty said on 3 Oct 2008 at 10:34 am:

Mighty Putty is like kryptonite to Ricky….

58. BothPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToYourFears said on 3 Oct 2008 at 2:49 pm:

Juts saw “Religiosity”. Worth seeing if you want to reflect on the utter insanity of religions and the harm that they do. To me it’s nothing new to reflect on but Maher did get enouugh funny lines in to make it entertaining.

Did you know that most of the elements of the Jesus story are lifted from the story of the Egyptian God Horus, which circulated roughly 1000 years before the birth of Christ?

Event
    Conception: Horus/by virgin | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/by virgin8
    Father: Horus/Only begotten son of the God Osiris. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/Only begotten son of Yehovah (in the form of the Holy Spirit).
    Mother: Horus/Meri. 9 | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/Miriam (a.k.a. Mary).
    Foster father: Horus/Seb, (Jo-Seph). 9 | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/Joseph.
    Foster father’s ancestry: Horus/Of royal descent. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/Of royal descent.
    Birth location: Horus/In a cave. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/In a cave or stable.
    Annunciation: Horus/By an angel to Isis, his mother. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/By an angel to Miriam, his mother. 8
    Birth heralded by: Horus/The star Sirius, the morning star. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/An unidentified “star in the East.”
    Birth date: Horus/Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (typically DEC-21). | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/Celebrated on DEC-25. The date was chosen to occur on the same date as the birth of Mithra, Dionysus and the Sol Invictus (unconquerable Sun), etc.
    Birth announcement: Horus/By angels. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/By angels. 8
    Death threat during infancy: Horus/Herut tried to have Horus murdered. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/Herod tried to have Jesus murdered.
    Baptized by: Horus/Anup the Baptiser. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/John the Baptist.
    Close followers:Horus/Twelve disciples. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/Twelve disciples.
    Method of deathHorus/Twelve disciples. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/By crucifixion.
    Fate after death:Horus/resurrected after three days. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/resurrected after about 30 to 38 hours (Friday PM to presumably some time in Sunday AM) covering parts of three days.
    Common portrayal:Horus/Virgin Isis holding the infant Horus. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/Virgin Mary holding the infant Jesus.
    Description:Horus/the Lamb. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/the lamb.
    Zodiac Sign:Horus/Pisces the fish. | Yeshua of Nazareth, a.k.a. Jesus/Pisces the fish.

59. BothPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToYourFears said on 3 Oct 2008 at 2:58 pm:

Hopefully there’s at least one Christian here who looks into that, smacks themself on the head, and says “Boy! Do I feel silly”.

60. concrete4 said on 4 Oct 2008 at 8:43 am:

CitizenofManassas said on 2 Oct 2008 at 4:12 pm:

You can read more from Dolph on the nasty site. She’s moon-howler. Oh, and BTW - she’s all for the bailout. Doesn’t that just figure?

61. Anonymous said on 4 Oct 2008 at 1:32 pm:

Was HSM not at the Fall Jubilee today? I was looking for them - did I miss them entirely?

62. BothgPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToYourFears said on 4 Oct 2008 at 2:39 pm:

“Oh, and BTW - she’s all for the bailout. Doesn’t that just figure?”

Just like McCain, right?

After all without the bailout plan our economy would grind to a halt and we’d end up with anarchy on the streets, soup lines, etc. etc.

63. concrete4 said on 4 Oct 2008 at 7:21 pm:

BothgPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToYourFears said on 4 Oct 2008 at 2:39 pm:
    “Oh, and BTW - she’s all for the bailout. Doesn’t that just figure?”
    Just like McCain, right?

YUP, Just like McCain and the rest of the idiots “leading” our country right down the toilet!!!

64. CitizenofManassas said on 11 Oct 2008 at 8:02 pm:

The City of Manassas has the great honor of hosting a community agitator, sorry, organizer at the socialist boys and girls club. Among the topics that are scheduled to be discussed are “know your rights”… fair housing to traffic stops. The fun gets under way on November 15. Oh boy!