Welcome Salon Readers

By Greg L | 27 October 2008 | Illegal Aliens, Prince William County | 44 Comments

Since the nutballs from Salon.com are determined to suck up a significant proportion of my bandwidth and post hysterical comments decrying the “vast right-wing conspiracy”, they might as well take the time to educate themselves while they’re here. If you’re visiting from Salon.com, I invite you to view this video after you wrap some duct tape around your head…

1. Anonymous said on 27 Oct 2008 at 2:24 pm:

MWB has NO RIGHT to demandANYTHING! ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL! The dregs of the Mexican and Central American society have invaded this country like cockroaches invade a poorly maintained home. ROUND ‘EM UP AND HEAD ‘EM OUT!

2. alleycat said on 27 Oct 2008 at 3:28 pm:

Anonymous said on 27 Oct 2008 at 2:24 pm: Flag comment

AMEN to that!!!!

3. DPortM said on 27 Oct 2008 at 4:00 pm:

Another Phoenix police officer killed by an illegal alien

Officer Shane Figueroa, a 25-year-old police officer, who served less than three years on the force, was killed yesterday after his patrol car was hit by a pickup truck driven by an illegal alien, driving drunk — again.

The driver, 50-year-old Jose Rivas Gonzalez, was treated for minor injuries and booked into Fourth Avenue Jail on suspicion of manslaughter and aggravated assault. Police said Gonzalez was also booked on four outstanding warrants. The warrants for Gonzalez’s arrest are under a different name, two of which are for DUI.

Gonzalez’s 28-year-old male passenger inside the truck was hospitalized with serious injuries.

Officer Figueroa is survived by his wife and their 3-month-old child. His father is a retired Phoenix police officer.

Jim Cross of KTAR included the remarks of Mark Spencer, president of the Phoenix Law Enforcement Association in his report. In speaking of this latest tragedy, Spencer said:

“There are some who believe that illegal aliens are just busboys and landscapers, janitors. In reality, they’re criminals,” he said. “Every moment an illegal alien stays in this country, without federal permission, it’s an ongoing crime.”

The Arizona Republic’s account refers to drunken driver, Jose Rivas Gonzalez, as merely an “undocumented worker from Mexico.”

How many young Phoenix officers must we lose before Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon and Chief Jack Harris stop the leniency and sanctuary city policies?

We’ve also had enough of the Republic’s soft language in describing those in our country illegally. They are criminals, not “workers without documents.” We’re assuming newbie reporters Lindsey Collom and Beth Duckett who wrote the article, have been given the Republic’s guidelines.

4. Arlington Minority said on 27 Oct 2008 at 4:42 pm:

PWC might be smart to organize a counter-movement to these anarchists called, “Mexicans without Visa”. Seriously, based on Obama’s “Si, se puede” chant over the weekend at his Denver rally before 100,000 rapt Latinos, there can be no doubt that he counts on electoral support from the radical groups around the country.

5. CitizenofManassas said on 27 Oct 2008 at 5:26 pm:

Come on all you supporters of illegals cheer that hard working illegal who killed the Police officer. Come on now we all know you enjoy the fact illegals kill, rape and murder.

Those of us that do not support illegals will say once again, when is enough enough? It is past time that EVERY illegal is removed from the Country.

6. Love The USA said on 27 Oct 2008 at 5:28 pm:

Great video. MWB shown in their true light.

7. Chicko said on 27 Oct 2008 at 7:34 pm:

alanna and Elena are probably throwing a party right now! Another illegal alien kills again, they are probably keeping score with Dolph aka moonhowler throwing a few splashes around to celebrate while law abiding folks will find a moment to remember this fine officer who should not have been taken from us by some scumbag illegal alien.

This is exactly the same incident that killed Elvis’s children folks, remember that! He lost two of them and a year later his wife due to complications from that accident. I’ve seen the effects in him, it’s amazing how one, single event can change someones life for the worst.

Illegals DO kill, Illegals ARE criminals. There is nothing you can say that will change my mind otherwise as I know and have seen the effects. Those who support the “undocumented” worker are nothing less than Un-American and do not deserve to be counted among people who support the american way. Obviously “truth, justice and the american way” do not apply to them. Show me an illegal alien that made something of himself and I’ll show you thousands more that rape and kill american citizens. Crimes that should not have happened were they not here in the first place. If there ever were the proverbial “wolf in sheep’s clothing” it would be an illegal alien. They are walking time bombs, no matter what they are doing.

Nuff said on that one.

8. Chicko said on 27 Oct 2008 at 7:37 pm:

oh..another little note about the anti-chicks. Dolph herself even today mentioned that their blog was “bi-partisan” and that the blog owner herself was “republican”. Interesting, as I pulled up an old post by the owner herself that said she was a democrat. Guess they dont really know what they are. But many of us do really know, scum!

9. AWCheney said on 27 Oct 2008 at 8:02 pm:

You know, I’m getting a little sick of the assumptions that have been made for months now that Dolph is everyone with whom someone here may disagree (and you’re not the first, Chicko)! She has been accused of being virtually every pro-illegal anonymous poster, as well as a number of those over on Anti-BVBL, and if anyone has ANY proof that she is even posting anymore ANYWHERE (given the fact that she has been unfairly vilified for every opinion she ever offered, whether she made it clear that she was opposed to illegal immigration or not…which she often did), I suggest that you offer it here and now or leave her alone. You’ve run her off of all the blogs already, so what more do you want??!

This is the kind of thing that makes certain commenters irrelevant to intelligent human beings, regardless of their respective stand on the issues. It’s the kind of thing that anyone with a modicum of intelligence and respect for others should be able to agree upon!

10. CitizenofManassas said on 27 Oct 2008 at 8:07 pm:

I wonder what happened to Dolph. She was so easy to box into a corner and like many supporters of child rapists and killers at the hands of illegals, she could not take the heat. She was fraud from the get go.

11. CitizenofManassas said on 27 Oct 2008 at 8:10 pm:

AW,

Dolph cooked her own backside. She would come out and say some pretty questionable things, go back on them, and then say well, we will just have to agree to disagree.

She tried to play a silly little game and got caught.

12. AWCheney said on 27 Oct 2008 at 8:29 pm:

Irregardless COM, there is no justification for continually attempting to denigrate someone simply because they may have taken some exception to comments from months ago. I also happen to be someone who believes in agreeing to disagree when debating someone intractable on a point when I am equally intractable, if they are at least showing respect. Now what’s wrong with that??

13. Chicko said on 27 Oct 2008 at 9:01 pm:

Pretty obvious that Dolph and Moonhowler are the exact same person. I thought pretty well of dolph actually when I was lurking. Then she moved over to the anti blog and started her hate and trashing.

I would agree that most people should enjoy the highest respect, however when those persons over on the anti blog (dolph/moon included) put themselves on the side of the illegal alien then there are problems. She has said some pretty nasty things on that blog and her cohorts only spin her up more. Christ, she’s basically running the damn blog now. Is it any wonder why only a few “chosen” people post there anymore? everyone else get’s run off. I saw this myself (as many others did) a few weeks ago when some immigrant posted there and they ran him off pretty quick. Respect should be enjoyed by those who give that same respect. I dont think they have earned it, so they dont get it.

14. CitizenofManassas said on 27 Oct 2008 at 9:16 pm:

AW,

Dolph did not show respect on a number of occasions. How is it respectful to play games and attempt to say you are not for illegals and then when they are called out on it, they wig out. Once she was boxed in, she would give up, rather then defend her position, because there is not defense in trying to say child rapists and killers are good for the Country. Using we will just have to agree to disagree is BS in those cases.

She then went on rants about not being able to remove all the illegals, so we should just put up with them. Bla bla bla. She simply was caught too often in lies and her silly games and she deserved everything she got on this blog.

15. AWCheney said on 27 Oct 2008 at 9:29 pm:

I repeat my previous question, Chicko…what evidence do you have that Moon-howler is, in fact, Dolph? I know Dolph personally, and I haven’t been able to glean that from anything that Moon-howler has written.

16. AWCheney said on 27 Oct 2008 at 9:35 pm:

We must have been reading different comments, COM, because I do not recall Dolph either lying or being disrespectful…unless you mean when she was being attacked for daring to offer her opinion. Frankly, I’d be disrespectful as well. Actually, I recall myself being disrespectful one or two times when I felt I was being attacked by the other side for offering MY opinion.

17. AWCheney said on 27 Oct 2008 at 9:38 pm:

That said, I believe that we’ve drifted from the subject of the thread enough, and I intend to hold my piece. I feel that I’ve said all that needed to be said on the subject, and you are free to continue without me. Sorry for the hijack, Greg…my bad.

18. CitizenofManassas said on 27 Oct 2008 at 10:09 pm:

AW,

I recall plenty of times where Dolph lied about her support for illegals. It was only at the end where she had been caught did her true feelings come out.

She would jump on what the anti illegals said, but would never call out what the pro illegals said.

Simply put she was a fake and got caught. Well, she now hangs out with the others who support child rapists and killers. Which is exactly where she belongs.

19. Chicko said on 28 Oct 2008 at 2:52 am:

AW,

i will and always completely respect your opinion, you have much deserved this from what I read. but I will respectfully disagree. although I’m sure there is no positive proof that dolph is indeed moonhowler, the inference was there on several posts on the other board. it was pretty obvious to others and myself that they were one in the same. could we be mistaken? possible of course.

the moonhowler and her cronies have attacked just about everything that even remotely differs from their point of view. Doesnt matter if it’s wrong or not, as long as someone has another view they are incorrect in their mind. They are so hot and cold it’s pitiful and the simple fact that they support illegal aliens is despicable.

20. alleycat said on 28 Oct 2008 at 7:42 am:

AWCheney said on 27 Oct 2008 at 9:29 pm: Flag comment

Dolph did confess to being Moon-Howler on an old thread over on anti. Strangely enough, that post is gone! How convenient. She should not let you continue to defend her on this - a real friend wouldn’t.

21. Howard the Duck said on 28 Oct 2008 at 10:57 am:

Have you read Pat Buchanan’s piece today?

If Obama wins, all our efforts have been in vain.

22. K.O'toole said on 28 Oct 2008 at 1:10 pm:

Howard, very depressing column. He did leave out resurrecting the draft, to include our daughters.

23. Tyler Durden said on 28 Oct 2008 at 1:57 pm:

Is Dolph/MH that linebacker type with the butch ‘do?

24. NoVA Scout said on 29 Oct 2008 at 7:59 am:

AWC: Your basic fairness and decency are showing through. You need to put those qualities aside if you want to run with the pack over here. Check Chicko’s comments at 1934 and 1937 for the flavor of the way the cool kids here talk.

Dolph always struck me here as someone who recognized the real problems of illegal immigration, particularly on the local level and was trying to get a handle on how best to tackle a devilishly difficult policy question. She was honest enough to express doubts in public and to change her positions on sub-issues from time to time. The venom and lack of analytic thinking that predominates in these threads is not comfortable with someone who comes on and tries to think her way through an issue honestly.

I don’t read this blog regularly and usually just drop in for a laugh or a sigh when I have a few spare moments. But I haven’t noticed Dolph around in recent times. I wouldn’t be surprised if she found this wasn’t the best place for a reasonable policy dialogue.

Hats off to you, AWC, for understanding the importance of that dialogue and sticking up for a friend who has been viciously attacked for expressing doubts and showing a willingness to adjust her thinking on subjects.

25. concrete4 said on 29 Oct 2008 at 8:11 am:

NoVA Scout said on 29 Oct 2008 at 7:59 am: Flag comment

You’ve missed the point, entirely, but that’s to be expected.

26. CitizenofManassas said on 29 Oct 2008 at 8:32 am:

NOVA,

Give it a rest. You support illegals and so did Dolph. You act as if your opinion matters on this issue, when you are defending someone who like you supports child rapists and killers.

Just to give you an example of how you and she operated.

You we can’t get rid of all illegals, but I support the deportation of some illegals. Question to you, exactly how many would you support deporting if they all had criminal records. You… No answer.

Dolph like you got caught playing a silly game, and now, you are attempting to place blame elsewhere.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to stop playing games, either come out for illegals or come out against them.

27. chicko said on 29 Oct 2008 at 4:55 pm:

Nova,

Chill man. You pop in here from time to time to be an a$$ which is about the extent of it. AW i can respect, but you are just as bad as them dirtbags on the other site. Dolph change her colors frequently and was pretty upsetting to alot of people it appears that she says whatever the current company she’s with supports. it’s amazing what she’s done on the other site, in a bad way.

I guess your too busy pimping for the obamanation to be busy typing on blogs.

28. AWCheney said on 29 Oct 2008 at 6:37 pm:

The issue of illegal immigration in this country has become VERY emotionally charged because it has, in recent years, become so widespread that there are few people who have not been directly affected by it. My family has as well. The problem with emotionally charged issues is that they seldom reach a reasonable and logical conclusion driven by intelligent people…and compromises are NEVER readily accepted. In fact, they usually never die in peaceful resolution.

One of the biggest problems that I see with THIS issue right now is that there are far too many people on both sides who refuse to even allow intelligent and respectful dialogue on the subject…it’s their way or the highway. The fact is, there are many facets of the issue and it is highly unlikely that any two people will agree 100% on every one of them.

I happen to know both Dolph and NoVA Scout and, although we do not necessarily agree with each other on every aspect of this issue, I respect their opinion and I most certainly want to hear it. Who was it that said, “Knowledge is power?” The fact is that the issue of illegal immigration will NEVER be resolved as long as people refuse to become people of reason, open to free dialogue and intellectual exchange in the attempt to achieve solutions, not subject to unfettered emotion, to a problem which involves vast numbers of human beings.

It happens that I WANT the issue resolved…and I want to hear the opinion of EVERYONE who is of the same mind (wishing for resolution, that is), regardless of whether they agree with my ideas of how that should be done or not. I don’t happen to consider myself the know all of all things, and I know that there are people on BOTH sides of the issue far more intelligent and insightful than I…and I want to know what they’re thinking. If we try to formulate our opinions in a vacuum, we might just as well be living in either a fascist or a socialist society…and that’s very likely what we’ll get.

29. AWCheney said on 29 Oct 2008 at 6:46 pm:

By the way NoVA…I NEVER “run with the pack.”

30. chicko said on 29 Oct 2008 at 8:43 pm:

I would have to say if ever their was a true independent it would be you AWC, from what I read you never change your position which is admirable. I however dont admire NOVA, while I certainly dont agree with him his stances make it difficult to find any middle ground where anyone would agree with him at all. The same goes for dolph or any one of the twisted sisters on the other website. I had a sliver of hope in myself for them, but it faded after I saw them completely trash someone over on the other website for simply offering their opinion (and it happened to be an immigrant at that!) Nova takes part in those discussions too, for someone supposedly so learned as a prominent attorney I would expect more.

31. NoVA Scout said on 29 Oct 2008 at 9:24 pm:

Chicko: I’m a strong McCain guy, not just this year, but in 2000. Where do you get this Obama stuff?

CoM: I don’t recall ever supporting illegal immigration. As a conservative of more than 40 years standing, I tend to abhor anything illegal. But the issue isn’t whether one supports “illegal immigration.” The issue is what do you do about millions of illegal immigrants in the country and how do we craft a policy that makes sense for the future.

By the way, CoM, I thought we established long ago that I’m not real keen on child rape and murder. I don’t think my views opposing those things are unusual or rare. In fact, I’d be rather hard put to find anyone who has come out in favor of those particular crimes. Is this a useful way to discuss this issue?

32. CitizenofManassas said on 29 Oct 2008 at 10:59 pm:

NOVA,

If you do not support illegals, you would be in favor of having them all leave either by the enforcement of law or on their own. You should not have a problem with this blog or the opinions of those who have come out against illegals. Yet, you do seem to have a problem with both. Hmmm.

AW,

What is the problem. It is against the law, and we have laws that should be enforced. We have people who want the law enforced, and we have people who support child rapists and killers. It seems to me that the only intelligent people are those that support the law.

The excuses the illegals supporters come up with to excuse, dismiss, and or ignore the issues that illegals have on our Country are pretty stupid as well.

33. AWCheney said on 30 Oct 2008 at 1:20 am:

I’m well aware of that CoM, however, this “problem” built up over a number of years, whether by design or ignorance and, consequently, it has become far too overwhelming for any ordinary, simple means of solution. It’s going to take people far brighter than you or I who actually have the best interests of this country at heart (which is really no one that I’ve seen in a position of power thus far) to figure out not only a short term but, more importantly, a long term solution. One WOULD think that simply enforcing the law would be a step in the right direction, but apparently the incentive for that does not exist in the halls of power…they seem to be more interested in CHANGING the law to seemingly make the problem APPEAR to have gone away, at least in their minds, and those of the people they’ve flummoxed. This whole thing is a lot more complex than far too many people realize.

THAT’S why it is important for people of intelligence and reason to come together in respectful dialogue to formulate a solution…for all of our sakes.

34. NoVA Scout said on 30 Oct 2008 at 6:10 am:

CoM: if you think there are a lot of folks out there who are keen on child rape and murder, why not get all ginned up to go attack them? It surprises me that there are significant numbers of such fiends around, but, if you’re right, that would seem to be a bigger problem by far than immigration issues. Of course, far more of those crimes are committed by citizens than immigrants, so you’d have to expand your focus a bit. Nonetheless, if you show me that there is a significant group of fans of child rape and murder running around loose in this country, I’m more than willing to make common cause with you in weeding that out.

Of course, going back to your other positions, I have no objection to illegal immigrants returning voluntarily to their home countries. I also favor a system that screens out criminals who would pose a danger to public safety (and please don’t give me that circular nonsense about every illegal being a criminal and therefore a danger to society) We’d have to be sure that the economy is not damaged by their loss, but it seems that that could be done by encouraging legal immigrant replacements.

When you’ve been a Republican and conservative public policy wonk as long as I have, one of the things that you get very sensitive to is laws that don’t work or that cause the Nation more harm than good. The current federal immigration regime is an unworkable mess that ensures neither security nor economic benefit. I am puzzled by your fondness for it. Unworkable, harmful laws degrade respect for laws generally and need to be fixed. I have a major problem with politicians who have slept or hid on immigration reform in recent years. There are compelling security and economic reasons to move to a system that serves the nation better. The prosperity of the country depends on adopting an immigrant-friendly, but secure, system that attracts the best, brightest and hardest working families from all over the world at all levels of the economy. I can’t see many people here who will man the Welcome Wagon.

My problem with many of the comments on this blog is their failure to discuss the issue intelligently and to resort to personal attacks rather than sound analytical discussion of what is indeed a major policy failure in this country. Greg’s pictures of Chiapas activists with Machetes are funny, but they won’t get the work done on building a system that encourages legal immigration, protects the security of the country and ensures that the United States is not left in the dust by other nations who are doing a better job than we are in attracting immigrants.

35. CitizenofManassas said on 30 Oct 2008 at 5:19 pm:

NOVA,

How is cheating the system and benefiting from it a conservative value? How do we know every illegal is not a criminal? Are you saying you trust people who steal, make, and or buy fake IDs to be honest about not committing a crime?

This is not about Citizens, this is about illegals, people who do not belong here.

And, oh, ya, I know you support illegals and do not consider them to be law breakers, but no matter how many times you say it they are law breakers. All of them need to be deported. End of story.

Funny how you say you dislike personal attacks, yet on many occasions you have lodged personal attacks against me.

I am fond of laws and enforcing laws. It seems we have laws against drunk driving, does it stop everyone from doing it? No. But according to you we should get rid of drunk driving laws because they do not work.

We have laws against murder, does that stop people from murdering? Nope. But, according to you, we should get rid of laws against murder because they do not work.

We have a friendly immigration policy. We accept a couple of million immigrants a year. We should not accept illegals who do not have a respect for the law.

36. NoVA Scout said on 30 Oct 2008 at 10:39 pm:

I have not advocated eliminating laws against murder or drunk driving. Sorry to have confused you on that point. I hope you are now immensely reassured.

37. CitizenofManassas said on 31 Oct 2008 at 5:47 pm:

Nova,

This is what you said… We can easily sat that about many laws. It is workable if we had people in position that wanted to enforce the law, rather than ignore it and make excuses for why we need to come up with new laws that will not be enforced either. The law is fine, it is the people in charge that need to be changed.

38. CitizenofManassas said on 31 Oct 2008 at 5:48 pm:

Sorry, what you said is the second paragraph, not the first.

39. AWCheney said on 31 Oct 2008 at 6:55 pm:

It’s not the laws that need to be fixed CoM…it’s the enforcement of the laws that already exist. That has long been the problem…and is why they are so desperate to change them.

40. CitizenofManassas said on 1 Nov 2008 at 8:11 pm:

AW,

I agree that is the problem. I’m not sure of who you mean, when you say “they are”, but coming up with new laws is not needed, as our Federal Government will just not enforce those new laws.

This whole “immigration reform” language is BS. The only thing that would have changed is that illegals would have gained amnesty.

41. AWCheney said on 1 Nov 2008 at 10:30 pm:

Amnesty, for instance…

42. CitizenofManassas said on 2 Nov 2008 at 12:42 am:

AW,

What about it?

43. AWCheney said on 2 Nov 2008 at 2:12 am:

An example of the laws that our pro-illegal law makers are so determined to pass, CoM…their way of “solving the problem.”

44. CitizenofManassas said on 2 Nov 2008 at 2:31 am:

AW,

Ya, their way is to make it no longer illegal to be illegal.