Manassas Adopts The Rule Of Law Resolution

By Greg L | 28 October 2008 | Illegal Aliens, Crime, Manassas City | 33 Comments

The Manassas City Police Department has adopted policies consistent with Prince William County’s Rule of Law Resolution as a means of harmonizing law enforcement policies between the two jurisdictions.  This makes a lot of sense, since Prince William County and the City of Manassas share a significant number of services, and trying to apply different policies to intakes at the Adult Detention Center, for example, would increase overhead and be subject to mistakes.  Kudos to the City of Manassas for taking another step towards effectively discouraging all illegal aliens unlawfully present in the community to return home, or at least move to a jurisdiction that is more interested in playing host to illegal aliens.

MANASSAS CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT

PRESS RELEASE

October 28, 2008

From the Office of the Chief of Police

“Police Department Initiates Illegal Immigration Enforcement Policy”

Manassas, Virginia…Beginning on Monday, December 1, 2008, the City of Manassas Police Department will implement a new policy regarding illegal immigration enforcement. The policy is part of a series of illegal immigration enforcement initiatives implemented by the Manassas City Council over the past two years. These initiatives include participation in the Prince William/Manassas Adult Detention Center (287(g) Program, the Northern Virginia Gang Task Force, the Police Department’s 287(g) Agreement with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the new immigration enforcement policy applicable to all sworn police officers.

During October and November, all police officers and relevant civilian personnel will receive training on the new policy and procedures. The policy guidelines are consistent with the recently revised Prince William County Police Department’s policy. Major points of the policy include:

• Police officers will inquire into the immigration status of all persons who are under physical custodial arrest for a violation of state or local law.
  • Police officers retain discretion to inquire into immigration status prior to a physical custodial arrest.
  • If any immigration violation is believed to exist, police officers will inform the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) concerning that individual.
  • Police officers will protect crime victims and cooperative witnesses – regardless of their immigration status.
  • Racial profiling is expressly prohibited. Police officers will not detain or arrest individuals based on their national origin, race, religion or creed.

More information regarding the Police Department’s immigration enforcement efforts can be found on the web site at www.manassascity.org

1. Ducky said on 28 Oct 2008 at 2:15 pm:

Sarah Palin Supports Path to Citizenship for Illegal Aliens

Governor, let me ask you about immigration. How many undocumented immigrants are there in Alaska?

I don’t know, I don’t know. That’s a good question.

As governor, how do you deal with them? Do you think they all should be deported?

There is no way that in the US we would roundup every illegal immigrant -there are about 12 million of the illegal immigrants- not only economically is that just an impossibility but that’s not a humane way anyway to deal with the issue that we face with illegal immigration.

Do you then favor an amnesty for the 12 or 13 million undocumented immigrants?

No, I do not. I do not. Not total amnesty. You know, people have got to follow the rules. They’ve got to follow the bar, and we have got to make sure that there is equal opportunity and those who are here legally should be first in line for services being provided and those opportunities that this great country provides.

To clarify, so you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?

I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.

2. Ducky said on 28 Oct 2008 at 2:15 pm:

Above is from:

3. Flavius Maximus said on 28 Oct 2008 at 2:37 pm:

Manassas City can’t pass this. Mexicans Without Borders and the Anti crowd haven’t had a chance to piss and wail about it. Nancy Layall and Terrasita the Troll haven’t given any interviews or hold any rallies. John Steinbach hasn’t had a chance to shout “Si Se Puede”, using the only spanish he knows. The Anti’s haven’t get been able to identify a local elected offical to demonize.

4. Mando said on 28 Oct 2008 at 3:13 pm:

“the Anti crowd haven’t had a chance to piss and wail about it”

What? All 5 of them?

5. chicko said on 28 Oct 2008 at 3:23 pm:

mando,

Like I said a long time ago, when they find something else to talk about besides illegal immigration then they’ll fade back in to the woodwork like the animals they are.

I do see nancy lyall (leila) pop her head in the anti-board every now and then, but she’s such a kook it’s hard to take her seriously. Dont even see byler and bunch there either, probably found something else to film.

6. Jack said on 28 Oct 2008 at 3:41 pm:

This is the way to win the fight against illegal immigration. City by city. The positive results of the rule of law resolution and 287(g) will overwhelmingly convince cities that they should adopt them.

The illegals will continue to flee to the next sanctuary which will become overrun and eventually adopt policies to rule of law as they community degrades due to overpopulation and overspending while not collecting enough tax revenues to pay for new demand of social services.

As long as we can block federal amnesty each time, we will eventually win city by city. Keep fighting.

7. Mando said on 28 Oct 2008 at 3:51 pm:

I wouldn’t label them evil or animals…. rather extremely misguided and hypocritical. Some can be horses’ asses sure, but I hate to cast stones.

As for Byler and his youtube crew, I knew they’d be gone once all the publicity faded. There’s other communities to stir up and suck dry.

8. TDB said on 28 Oct 2008 at 3:58 pm:

Does anybody know if statistics are kept with regard to the number of immigration inquiries that does or does not result with the person in question being turned over to ICE or not?

9. chicko said on 28 Oct 2008 at 4:41 pm:

mando,

agreed! they are pretty hypocritical for sure. It’s interesting to view their posts and then come back in a week to seem them do a complete 180 on what they said. they cant figure out whether they are right, left or in the middle. For sure they are misguided or have a severe case of dementia..something other than common sense.

another funny then, when you question them in their posts, they instantly go back and delete the subject posts before anyone else can seem them and then say “i never said that!”

seems as though moon-howler (dolph) is basically running the site now. Elena seems to have faded into the tree’s along with her buddy alanna. Wonder if curves is having a membership special this month or something?

10. Here we Go Again said on 28 Oct 2008 at 4:46 pm:

Good going Manassas. I hope your budget will keep up with all that is needed to clean up and get these culprits.

The County on Fri. at their work session is going to hear about eliminate the Property Code Enforcement. Then where we be?????

Hope the Supervisors see all through this so called paper work.

11. manassascityresident said on 28 Oct 2008 at 4:48 pm:

As a city resident, I am THRILLED!! Let’s see if there’s a drop in enrollment in the city schools……that would be great!

12. Emma said on 28 Oct 2008 at 5:28 pm:

Chicko, Mando, I think the anti people are in a time warp. This today:

NotGregLetiecq, 28. October 2008, 13:34
    Anti-immigrant worshippers PLEASE!
    All your bluster and filabuster can be undone in two sentences.

Now that the entire country is aware of the economy and how it can be negatively impacted by poor leadership and disastrous policy decisions, and now that Prince William County (and several other localities) have demonstrated the folly of destroying your local economy to appease an agitated and hysterical mob, there will be NO TAKERS for anti-immigrant legislation anywhere in the United States, least of all at the federal level. Not only are voters aware of the economic impacts, elected officials KNOW the voters are aware.

Game over, man, game over.

I would imagine this person feels just a bit foolish right now.

13. Emma said on 28 Oct 2008 at 5:32 pm:

And note the gratuitous use of “anti-immigrant” rather than “anti-illegal immigrant.” I wasn’t aware there was any “anti-immigrant” legislation in recent years, but maybe this person knows something the rest of us don’t.

14. chicko said on 28 Oct 2008 at 7:39 pm:

I’m tired of this anti-immigrant crap. It’s anti-illegal immigrant and it’s irritating how the witches of beastwick spin their immigrant hate. If anyone hates immigrants (legal or otherwise) it’s them. They are doing the immigrant community a disservice by claiming to be advocates for them. Wonder what happens when they decide they need to move on to another cause to support? I can give you a wild guess..the immigrants will be wandering around with no support structure. They look at Elena and crowd as their immigrant “mother theresa” but we’ll see what happens (looks like it’s already happening actually, blog postings on her blog are down tremendously). Guess hammering new people (immigrants at that) does wonders for her blog numbers.

15. Emma said on 28 Oct 2008 at 8:41 pm:

Weird. I was referring at 5:32 to something I posted just before that, but isn’t there. Really, I’m not crazy.

16. manassascityresident said on 28 Oct 2008 at 9:00 pm:

Emma said on 28 Oct 2008 at 8:41 pm: Flag comment

I went looking for it after I read your comment and couldn’t find it …. maybe it’s on another thread?

17. Emma said on 28 Oct 2008 at 9:09 pm:

It had to do with a regular anti poster gloating over there earlier today about how there will not be any more “anti-Immigrant” legislation in the U.S., now that the whole country is aware of how PWC supposedly ruined its own economy with the Resolution, and elected officials wouldn’t be willing to take the risk. I figured that person might be feeling a little foolish for saying that, given the news in the City today.

18. concrete4 said on 28 Oct 2008 at 10:05 pm:

Gee, I wonder who…? I only need five guesses.

19. CitizenofManassas said on 28 Oct 2008 at 10:05 pm:

This is great news. I can’t wait for the illegals to get packing. The City will be a much nicer place without these criminals. Thank You City Council and Police Department!!!!!!

20. Anonymous said on 29 Oct 2008 at 12:12 am:

chicko said on 28 Oct 2008 at 4:41 pm: Flag comment
    seems as though moon-howler (dolph) is basically running the site now.

It does in fact appear that dolph is now “in charge.” Wish she would change her monika to Howling at the Moon instead of moon-howler. Notice how she picks animals?

21. DportM said on 29 Oct 2008 at 6:35 am:

Great news for the City of Manassas. Given the fact that the City of Manassas was royally hosed in the settlement of the overcrowding law suit by the pro-illegal alien apologists, this should discourage the illegals from residing in the City of Manassas.

22. June_reston said on 29 Oct 2008 at 8:14 am:

Does anyone know how many illegal aliens and their anchor babies live in the City?

Just asking so I can prepare for the RE Tax Increase to accommodate the next migration to Fairfax County.

Does anyone know if Loudon plans to do the same? Iwould like to see it happen even though I live in Sanctuary Fairfax County and know it’s unlikely we will ever see Rule of Law here.

There is a method to my madness - if the county is subjected to enough “migration pain,” that might be what is need to open eyes.

23. Mr. Anon said on 29 Oct 2008 at 8:56 am:

chicko said on 28 Oct 2008 at 3:23 pm: Flag comment
    “mando,

hilarious! your right, the evil ones have continued to dwindle. Even Elena the head mistress of evil herself has not posted in a while.”

Wake up; they haven’t disappeared, but are working for the Obama campaign. If he gets elected then what we do on a local level becomes moot. I suggest that from now until election day everyone should stop posting on BVBL and contribute some time to work for the McCain/Wolf/Fimian campaigns. The best case is that we can win VA for McCain, but at the very least put in some Republicans in the house to fight what will be inevitable-blanket amnesty.

Please, do what you can to help. Go to the Republican campaign offices in Old Town or near the PWC government center and offer to assist. It’s scary how close we are now to the precipice of a major catastrophy.

24. Mr. Anon said on 29 Oct 2008 at 8:59 am:

It’s time to get off the fence, stop pouting about bad choices, and a lack of a true candidate. The choice is between a malleable candidate who offers at least a glimmer of hope for NO AMNESTY, or a quasi-socialist and a fully supportive Democrat-run Congress. Believe me, I went through the same anger process but it’s time to snap out of it. There is too much at stake to let this election slip away, to let Congress slip away. DO SOMETHING TO HELP!!!!

25. DportM said on 29 Oct 2008 at 9:58 am:

Off-topic, but relevant to who will be elected next Tuesday:

Leave it to a Brit to phrase it so well:

‘You have to pinch yourself - a Marxist radical who all his life has been mentored by, sat at the feet of, worshiped with, befriended, endorsed the philosophy of, funded and been in turn funded, politically promoted and supported by a nexus comprising black power anti-white racists, Jew-haters, revolutionary Marxists, unrepentant former terrorists and Chicago mobsters, is on the verge of becoming President of the United States. And apparently it’s considered impolite to say so.’

- Melanie Philips, The Spectator (UK) 10/14/08

26. K.O'toole said on 29 Oct 2008 at 11:54 am:

Mr. Anon, The Big Zero is unabashedly a Socialist/Marxist - “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully,” the Democratic presidential candidate wrote in his memoir, “Dreams From My Father.” “The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

Obama’s interest in leftist politics continued after he transferred to Columbia University in New York. He lived on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, venturing to the East Village for what he called “the socialist conferences I sometimes attended at Cooper Union.”

27. concrete4 said on 29 Oct 2008 at 11:56 am:

Amen to that, DportM. We Americans are too PC to say that type of thing….unless of course you are a liberal…..then go for it. We all should know by now that liberals are the only people in this country entitled to freedom of speech.

28. K.O'toole said on 29 Oct 2008 at 12:01 pm:

In Obama’s own words: “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully,” the Democratic presidential candidate wrote in his memoir, “Dreams From My Father.” “The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

29. DPortM said on 29 Oct 2008 at 3:28 pm:

K. O’toole,

I heard the audio of your first paragraph on WMAL. Obama in his own words stating “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully… The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

How utterly anti-American can he get?

30. Wineplz said on 29 Oct 2008 at 5:24 pm:

Hearing this news about the City is the best news I’ve heard all week!

31. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 29 Oct 2008 at 7:45 pm:

Steve….and I am certain that you cannot wait for your wealth to be redistributed too right?

32. chicko said on 30 Oct 2008 at 7:34 pm:

From what I’m hearing if I and my spouse make over 200K per year (I’m assuming that’s taxable income) I get penalized and pay more than other folk. Now while back in 1980 and the early 90’s that was considered rich (like 100k used to be the gold standard of salaries).

As you all know these days that’s almost chump change in this area and property taxes are pretty high as well. I think we are getting taxed enough thank you and I dont see why I would need to have my “wealth redistributed” I worked damn hard for it and I want to keep it. No problem paying taxes, I just dont think I need to pay more than everyone else just because I’ve been successful and made more. This is just pure craziness!!

I get a real bad taste in my mouth when i think of obama and his socialist policies. Almost as bad when I get violently ill when looking at pictures of the anti-chicks, especially the ones that Teddie posted awhile back!

33. fed up said on 30 Oct 2008 at 10:03 pm:

Chicko -
    And how does this distribution of wealth affect the entrepreneurs? They’ll bolt so fast and take their ideas overseas. Why bother to be successful in America, when the government is going to tax you to death and take every last dime of profit you make and give it to some scumbag who never worked a day in his life and sits around all day playing victim and drinking his cheap wine.
    You can kiss technology, manufacturing, and everything else good-bye, along with the bright and successful. And Nobama says he wants to keep jobs here. Well, good flppin’ luck.
    What a sham - and people are too stupid to see it.