Does “Halloween” Mean “Dumbass For A Day” In A Foreign Language?

By Greg L | 31 October 2008 | Crime, Humor & Satire, Prince William County | 33 Comments

Today’s evening rush hour at Sudley & Sudley Manor Drive near Manassas

Observed within a few hundred feet of of the scene of this accident, which appeared to involve some potentially new American citizens (to put it nicely):

Is there something about halloween in some other cultures that I didn’t know about?

1. US Citizen said on 31 Oct 2008 at 10:02 pm:

Looks like a good opportunity to make examples of illegal alien law-breakers. And when their family members and friends show up in court, their citizenship should also be inspected. This epidemic of law-breaking needs to stop and throwing the book at these scumbags is a good place to start.

2. Citizen12 said on 31 Oct 2008 at 10:06 pm:

Good idea but the typical deal, after a 15 min. delay while a translator is found, will be ” go get a license, and pay your $40.00 at the window.”

3. Emma said on 31 Oct 2008 at 10:11 pm:

What part about “drive OVER the border” did the driver not understand?

4. ben said on 31 Oct 2008 at 10:17 pm:

dumbass is a nice term. i would use something else.

5. Anonymous said on 1 Nov 2008 at 6:22 am:

Another sweeping generalization about an entire culture based on the actions of a few

6. chicko said on 1 Nov 2008 at 8:57 am:

anon,

a few? this kinda crap happens all the damn time. it’s not a generalization it’s the closest thing to the truth there is. illegals are a bunch of scumbags who deserve nothing less than to be treated like criminals.

7. Anonymous said on 1 Nov 2008 at 9:00 am:

Chicko, how do you know that the individuals described are illegals? I’d really like to know.

8. fed up said on 1 Nov 2008 at 9:16 am:

Anonymous said on 1 Nov 2008 at 9:00 am: Flag comment

I’m so damn sick of that question….”how do you know that these individuals are illegals…?” It’s an assinine argument, because you have nothing else to say. Get a grip Anonymous. What a stupid question. Go read a newspaper or watch the news. Why not educate yourself!

9. Anonymous said on 1 Nov 2008 at 9:29 am:

I know that some people ae sick of that question. I’m sick and tired of asking it. Every time I ask it, I get a song and dance and insults. But I’ve never gotten an answer.

10. Emma said on 1 Nov 2008 at 10:26 am:

Wow, I think I just figured out who Anonymous is….

11. concrete4 said on 1 Nov 2008 at 10:44 am:

me too - ms. Dolph/MH herself…..

12. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 1 Nov 2008 at 10:51 am:

“CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - For two years we’ve reported what police and FBI agents adamantly say: Hispanic gangs are moving from California to Charlotte.”

This article is a must read. We can see this in our own town as well. This is why legal enforcement action must be taken now not later against illegal aliens and their blatant supporters. Hey, NOHE, pay attention will you!

13. fed up said on 1 Nov 2008 at 12:59 pm:

Poetic Poop -
    Just so you know. You are the most racist person on this blog! It’s obvious you hate everyone who is NOT brown. In other words, racist, go back to the hate blog where you and the other “haters” brown nose each other all day.

14. legal2 said on 1 Nov 2008 at 1:04 pm:

She used to call herself DolphinMoo n so i guess Moo nHowler makes sense. Sure does sound like anonymous at 9:29 am.

15. chicko said on 1 Nov 2008 at 1:04 pm:

I dont know…multiple hispanics fill a car and cant speak english. Pretty good bet they are illegal. Especially the fact that they cannot drive worth a damn is another factor. I would bet my next paycheck about 75 percent of that car were illegal immigrants.

that is such a stupid question. Everyone KNOWS they are illegals however they cant PROVE it just by looking at them…..

16. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 1 Nov 2008 at 1:12 pm:

For ANY liberal out there…..what is the definition of “diversity”? From what perspective is that definition made?

17. Anonymous said on 1 Nov 2008 at 1:18 pm:

“Everyone KNOWS they are illegals …”

Speak for yourself. Not everyone holds the same views you do. More intelligent people know that legal status is determined by documents, not by language or driving abilities.

18. chicko said on 1 Nov 2008 at 1:50 pm:

oh wow,

now we are taking a shot at my intelligence :) sure, legal status is determined by documents, but actions give you probable cause to check those documents. citizens of the united states speak english or they are mute. if someone comes up to you and speaks spanish (and not english) I would lay odds that they are not a citizen.

Everyone does know they are illegal, however it’s people like you that choose to not see what’s right in front of your face. it’s people like you and their actions that give us the problem we have now. if people like you started using common sense then our predicament would be far less troublesome that it is now Dolph/Moon/Betsy

19. Anonymous said on 1 Nov 2008 at 1:59 pm:

Certain characteristics and actions give you probably cause to check documents. People who don’t speak English might not be citizens.

You’ve come a long way from saying that they are illegal aliens. Congratulations. You’ve grown. I apologize for the jab at your intelligence. I was wrong. You’ve clearly shown ability to learn. Keep it up.

20. fed up said on 1 Nov 2008 at 3:15 pm:

Pssssssssssst Chicko -
    Don’t waste anymore time on Anonymous. Apparently she does NOT have the ability to learn, so you’re wasting your time.

21. poetic justice said on 1 Nov 2008 at 3:37 pm:

Through dubious means of detection,
    You would jail despite legal protection,
    you say you’re for laws, but’’screw probable cause”,
    sounds like fraud, or at least misdirection.

22. Emma said on 1 Nov 2008 at 4:02 pm:

Anonymous, did you lose your way? If you want censorship and political correctness, go back to your filthy sandbox. You make me ill.

23. chicko said on 1 Nov 2008 at 4:11 pm:

poetic,

you must be pinko because your stuff sucks, should not this be posted on “luxurious choices” or should I say “disgusting nastiness”?

probable cause? I would say that not speaking english and being able to show proper papers is probable cause enough. Citizens of this country should be PROUD to show their identification. I would submit that someone who instantly whips out their ID for show and tell is probably not an illegal alien. Someone who does not usually has something to hide. I’m sure the odds would be in my favor on this one.

24. PWConservative said on 2 Nov 2008 at 1:06 am:

What’s Wrong with a Teenager with a Gun? I have 3 long arms and 2 pistol’s. Teenager’s 2nd Amendment Right’s are just as important a any other Constitutional protection.

25. DPortM said on 2 Nov 2008 at 7:23 am:

PWConservative - you have to be 21 so teenagers can’t have firearms unless they are with their parent.

26. chicko said on 2 Nov 2008 at 7:42 am:

no problem with teens with rifles and shotguns, just about everyone had one when I was growing up. Pistols are another thing entirely in my humble opinion.

27. jfk said on 2 Nov 2008 at 11:28 am:

poetic justice said on 1 Nov 2008 at 3:37 pm: Flag comment
    Through dubious means of detection,
    You would jail despite legal protection,
    you say you’re for laws, but’’screw probable cause”,
    sounds like fraud, or at least misdirection.

Wow, Rhyme Time is back! Where have you been?

28. bonscott1976 said on 2 Nov 2008 at 1:10 pm:

does anyone expect anything less in PWC???…i mean really.

well, i take that back. they’re finally starting to do something right dec 1st. they’re checking the status of ANYONE they stop regardless of who othey are.

29. chicko said on 2 Nov 2008 at 2:25 pm:

here’s my rhyme, I know it sucks but it’s just a start:

I thought pinko, was pretty stinko
    krispy kreme and jenny craig
    probably has a peg for a leg

30. chicko said on 2 Nov 2008 at 5:38 pm:

Pinko could be good
    or she could be bad,
    but Elena couldnt fit
    in a taxi cab!

31. anonmo said on 2 Nov 2008 at 6:53 pm:

Have you ever actually seen or spoken to some of those women in person, chicko? Who else but an illegal alien looking for an anchor would have some of them?

32. chicko said on 2 Nov 2008 at 6:56 pm:

I have actually spoken to Alanna at one of the BOCS functions, she didnt seem too literate and now that I find out her husband either was/is an illegal alien it makes me think even less of her. I think she’s attained “Elena” status in my mind which makes her the lowest of the low in my book. Dolph/Betsie would normally qualify for this “honor” but I think she get’s a pass as she’s just too damn loony to really qualify for anything :)

KG is just plain crazy, I’ve viewed her once and I got ill…that should tell you plenty.

33. NoVA Scout said on 3 Nov 2008 at 7:24 am:

I have a lot of trouble following this. There’s a picture of an auto accident. The post says that the author observed the driver being arrested and that there were other people in the area who were “potentially new Americans,” whatever those are, however one tells what they are. No one comments on driving habits and conditions, virtually everyone starts talking about illegal immigration. I would have thought that the inverted vehicle probably got that way through reckless operation and that the laws of physics, as they always do, asserted themselves. How is this about illegal immigration? I’ll bet you that that car would have ended up in exactly the same position regardless of the cultural background or immigration status of the driver/occupants if subjected to the same forces. Since there is no information about cultural background or immigration status in the post, isn’t this really about the importance of operating vehicles safely?