Take This Quiz

By Greg L | 13 April 2009 | Prince William County | 93 Comments

UPDATE: THE NOMINATION FAILS! No: Caddigan, Stirrup, Jenkins, Principi, Stewart.  Yes: Covington, May, Nohe.

Quick, can you answer this question?  Who said the following?

“I live in Prince William County, VA, the current capital of local government sponsored, institutionalized racism.” (ref)

Okay, maybe that was an easy one.  Next question:  Who decided Katherine Gotthardt would be a good person to appoint to a four year term on the Prince William County Convention and Visitors Bureau, which helps promote tourism and economic development in the county?

Wally Covington.  Tomorrow at the meeting of the Prince William County Board of Supervisors, the full board will be asked to endorse this appointment.  If you have thoughts to share with them, you can email them at bocs@pwcgov.org.

1. Anonymous said on 13 Apr 2009 at 9:10 pm:

Typo alert - full, not foll. Have a great night.

[Ed note: fixed, thanks!]

2. Anonymous said on 13 Apr 2009 at 9:29 pm:

Here’s another great quote:

“This county has a history of neglecting its elderly population, and mental health has never been one of their priorities. The county doesn’t have a good track record as it is, and now they have added to it with this resolution, taking aim at not only the marginalized immigrant population, but the weakest. That these efforts are supported by white supremacists makes it all the worse.”

So someone is going to promote the county who has said the county neglects the elderly, kowtows to white supremecists, and is the hate capital of the world.

What in the hell was Wally thinking when he made this appointment??? Is he out of his mind stupid? I hope the board doesn’t approve this appointment. Someone with such ridiculous ideas could do real damage to the county if they were given the chance.

3. NO WAY said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:41 am:

“Posting As Pinko, 24. November 2008, 13:02 Ah…..I now see what you are talking about. Yeah, well……they have nothing better to do than defend Stir-it-up and his pals. Sounds like the Gen. Assembly will take care of them all shortly.
    Donna, the woman who makes fun of the disabled (along with her pal Doo-doo-caster) demonstrates the absolute NOT “right thing to do.” I used to think she was qualified for the position she was appointed for. Now that I know who she is when she is posting, I say, NO WAY. She’s a loose cannon. She represents the county now for goodness sakes! She and Doo-doo….how utterly embarrassing. It’s a wonder Stir-it-up doesn’t tell them to SHUT up. They make him look worse and worse.”

4. NO WAY said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:48 am:

“Posting As Pinko March 7th, 2009 at 14:18 | #29 Reply | Quote “No license required, and no oversight.”

That’s not good, IMHO. Now if there WERE oversight, unfortunately, I wouldn’t trust our local government to do it ethically and objectively. But I DO think there should be some requirements for landlords. Otherwise, no one has protection, not even the landlords.”

5. NO WAY said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:52 am:

First the “Illegals”….now you.

First, they came for the “illegals.”

Now, they come for the disabled and elderly.

They scapegoat the disabled as “illegal.”

They support hate groups.

They take policy from hate groups.

They disregard and humiliate their constituents who have different opinions.

They appoint racists.

Make no mistake.

You’re next.

Posted by Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt

6. NO WAY said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:54 am:

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said…

Attacking citizens? No. I am bringing to light the corruption in our local government and its affiliations, affiliations that have been reported by other organizations: SPLC, ADL, Human Rights Commission, Civil Rights Commission, numerous faith based communities, and one of the largest Charity organizations in the world (which for some reason, I can’t think of the name but will after my coffee).

7. NO WAY said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:55 am:

kgotthardt, 3. October 2008, 7:44
    Sorry, but Palin is an embarrassment to any professional with a vagina.

gotthardt, 26. September 2008, 21:12
    A Stupidvisor named Stirrup
    who harkened back to Europe
    thought he was elite
    when he wore a white sheet
    but really, he’s just a big twer-up

kgotthardt, 26. September 2008, 10:27
    –LADY, get the HELL over two trees being cut down! Don’t you know what the did to the Battlefield and not one f-ing word from you.–

Did you ask the “Friends of the Battlefield” about this? (Warning: some of them aren’t very friendly.)

kgotthardt, 26. September 2008, 10:29
    TBD: It’s about our tax money and our communities. The problem with the BOCS is they think “it’s all about them.” Well big clue: it’s about US, not THEM. We pay their salaries. They can take their dirty politics and “suck it.”

kgotthardt, 26. September 2008, 10:38
    Yeah, Censored! You tell em!!!

(Next time, I’d like to see a cartoon of Maureen as Satan’s Bride and see what she does at a BOCS meeting. Hours of entertainment….)

kgotthardt, 26. September 2008, 10:38
    (Make Allison a little servant-demon….)

kgotthardt, 20. September 2008, 10:47
    I’ve read Maureen’s work. I have no problem suggesting she is racist and in love with Duecaster and Greg’s intent to “repel the invasion.” Take your “frontline” and “foot soldiers” where they belong, Maureen.

8. NO WAY said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:57 am:

Someone who constantly uses foul mouthed hate, who constantly bashes all BOCS should not be on ANY board.

9. NO WAY said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:59 am:

“Illegal aliens aren’t supposed to be here in the first place,” he said. And discriminating against them has become the job of county racists and a bigoted Board of Supervisors why?
    Posted by Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt at 11:11 AM 0

10. I'm just saying... said on 14 Apr 2009 at 5:37 am:

You know, racists and bigots take vacations too… and might enjoy visiting “…current capital of local government sponsored, institutionalized racism.” White supremacists would probably enjoy shopping at our many local gun shops for automatic weapons and ammunition and visiting our sporting goods stores to look at the latest in camo clothing (not to mention Linens & Things for sheet specials).

I think you’ve got this all wrong… and am guessing that “Wiley Wally” probably see’s the “big picture” and wants to attract a whole new “clan” of visitors.

Give her a chance!

11. Bridget said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:16 am:

Ms. G. might be eligible for a job with the DHS:

(U//FOUO) DHS/I&A will be working with its state and local partners over the next several months to ascertain with greater regional specificity the rise in rightwing extremist activity in the United States, with a particular emphasis on the political, economic, and social factors that drive rightwing extremist radicalization.

12. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:40 am:

She not only constantly bashes BOCS, she bashes PWC in general. Someone who shows her contempt for the county on a regular basis has no business being on a county board that promotes tourism. It is as simple as that.

13. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:42 am:

kghotthardt said: “I wouldn’t trust our local government to do it ethically and objectively.”

I would trust kgotthardt to serve on any board ethically and objectively!

14. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:42 am:

Whoops! I meant to say:

I would NOT trust kgotthardt to serve on any board ethically and objectively!

15. DPortM said on 14 Apr 2009 at 7:06 am:

NO WAY and Anonymous - Please forward these literary gems to BOCS@pwcgov.org.

16. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 7:36 am:

Yesterday I sent an e-mail with all of the quotes from KG from the previous thread to the board. I highlighted specific areas where she referred to PWC as racist and home to the KKK and Nazi party. I also highlighted her attacks against the board AND private citizens (Greg, Maureen, Robert Duecaster, Donna).

The only person who reponded was Stewart. I doubt he’ll vote for her, given her past attacks on him. I hope Stirrup doesn’t vote for her either, after she’s repeatedly called him a bigot.

There’s no one else in that district “qualified” to serve on the committee? I’m sure there are others who reaaly do care about the county and respect the board.

17. TedKennedysSwimInstructor said on 14 Apr 2009 at 8:35 am:

Supervisor Martian Nohe plans on seconding the Gotthardt nomination when it comes to a vote.

18. Prester John said on 14 Apr 2009 at 9:26 am:

I guess Gotthardt must have some interesting photos of some of the supervisors.

19. DPortM said on 14 Apr 2009 at 9:53 am:

Ted…

Supervisor Nohe responded to my e-mail by suggesting that I come to the Board meeting today and share Gotthardt’s posts with the other supervisors.

20. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 10:10 am:

kghottardt said “They appoint racists”.

She needs to add “They appoint people who hate PWC and say it is the capital of racism”.

21. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 10:46 am:

Ted -

Of course Nohe will, he’s posted on both anti and KG’s blog under his real name. Let’s hope that those are the only two votes she gets.

Marty also said he would look into thr quotes and asked I bring my concerns to the meeting.

She caused such a stink when RD was appointed and wanted a full background check on him and for him to sign an ethics statement - I wonder if she would be willing to do the same?

Can anyone go? I wish I could.

22. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 11:06 am:

It would be scary what a background check on ghottardt would probably reveal… She’s got some nerve asking for a background check on someone else.

23. Mark said on 14 Apr 2009 at 12:14 pm:

Wow…on an even more pertinent note, take a look at this WaPo article on Illegal Immigrants having more anchor babies….a LOT more:

24. Mark said on 14 Apr 2009 at 12:28 pm:

Also, it’s obvious to me what is occurring with the appointment of the blowhardt. Since a perception of a racist was tied (erroneously, of course!) to Robert Deucaster, someone on the board prolly said, well, I’m going to nominate the complete opposite of him and see where it goes.

Of course, they really will be appointing a racist with Katherine (no deporte!) Blowhardt, but that’s not the point, is it? The point is to keep the divide going as much as possible and to bring to light the plight of the poor ILLEGALS who illegally entered here and are hiding behind the churches and the blowhardts of this country, ’cause they’re just misunderstood criminals who care not a whit about this country, other than the dollars it will give them.

Ahhh…money. Makes the world go ’round, now don’t it?

Have to say that if they do appoint this liberal idiot to that position, I will have lost any respect I have for the BOCS. Period.

25. Greg L said on 14 Apr 2009 at 1:48 pm:

Gotthardt got absolutely SLAMMED during citizen’s time. I wonder if Supervisors are actually beginning to realize how many folks are upset about this.

26. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 2:05 pm:

Greg - I just got home - will it be shown again tonight or rebroadcast at any time? I’m watching it right now -

27. NO WAY said on 14 Apr 2009 at 2:18 pm:

What was the out come of goturds appointment?

28. Greg L said on 14 Apr 2009 at 2:20 pm:

It hasn’t been voted on. They’re still working on the budget recap, which is item 4 on the agenda. The appointment is item 8 N.

29. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 2:26 pm:

And let me say - if I ever move to Gainesville (which my parents live in, so I’ll put a bug in their ear), I’m voting for Mr. Stirrup

“Thank you for your email regarding your concern that a representative of the Board of County Supervisors appointed to the Prince William County Convention and Visitors Bureau should be ready and willing to demonstrate public respect for the Board of County Supervisors. I appreciate that you have brought this to my attention and I share your same concern.

John T. Stirrup”

30. DPortM said on 14 Apr 2009 at 3:06 pm:

Update - they are still on item 4 of the agenda.

31. OMG NO WAY 2 said on 14 Apr 2009 at 3:34 pm:

Don’t click on this if you have a weak stomach

32. AWCheney said on 14 Apr 2009 at 3:42 pm:

What is it? I clicked on it and it is “temporarily unavailable.”

33. anon said on 14 Apr 2009 at 3:51 pm:

Over on the anti site they said only 4 people spoke against gotthardt. Is this true?

34. anon said on 14 Apr 2009 at 3:52 pm:

AWCheney said “What is it?”

It is a picture from her facebook page, evidently of her husband without his shirt on. Not worth looking at.

35. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 3:58 pm:

Anon -

did anyone speak for her?

36. AWCheney said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:01 pm:

Oh…well then, why did OMG make such a big deal about it?

37. TDB said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:05 pm:

Caddigan votes NO

38. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:07 pm:

GO MAUREEN CADDIGAN!!!!!!!!! I’m so glad that I live in Dumfries right now. I will be sure to send her a thank you e-mail tonight. I think I may even have to go hug her if she’ll let me.

39. TDB said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:07 pm:

Stirrup votes No

40. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:08 pm:

Wait - she didn’t even show up for her own appointment?

AND YEAH JENKINS!!!!

41. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:08 pm:

ALL of the supervisors will be getting a thank you e-mail from me tonight.

42. TDB said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:09 pm:

Jenkins votes No

43. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:09 pm:

Well, except one (Mr. Covington). He has a lot of nerve to state that she “allegedly” wrote on the internet.

44. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:13 pm:

Thank you Mr. Princpi

45. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:16 pm:

MOTION FAILS - 5 opposed, 2 for.

46. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:16 pm:

sorry, 3 for - covington, may and nohe.

47. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:20 pm:

Well, it looks like only the 3 S…..s voted for her. It figures!

48. FED UP said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:22 pm:

Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:16 pm: Flag comment

Thank God the motion failed! I can’t begin to imagine the damage that whackjob would have done to the county had she/it been appointed!
    Thanks, BOCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:25 pm:

OMG NO WAY 2 said on 14 Apr 2009 at 3:34 pm: Flag comment

Don’t click on this if you have a weak stomach

That isn’t a painting of a Spanish Conquistidor in th back of her photo is it? Nawwwww, it couldn’t be!

50. InTheNavy said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:28 pm:

Greg L said on 14 Apr 2009 at 1:48 pm: Flag comment

“Best was a military wife that said she would tell military families not to move to Prince William County if that appointment went through.”

Wish someone had warned THIS military wife against moving here. No offense to the PWC natives, but with the exception of the county adopting the resolution, we haven’t seen much that would warrant feeling positive about purchasing a home here. Couldn’t even take our visiting family and friends through Historic Manassas because of that atrocious sign, and I never realized the extent of the illegal immigration problem until arriving here in Northern Mexico. My employee orientation at PW Hospital included a warning that, due to the presence of so many illegals, the TB rate is alarmingly high in this area. Guess it’s a good thing illegals receive free medical care via our emergency rooms.

51. park'd said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:31 pm:

Yes, and you have individuals like KG to thank for that too navywife. This used to be a nice area. Not any more. The only way out of here now is through foreclosure and bankruptcy.

52. FED UP said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:32 pm:

InTheNavy -
    Just think, it’s better now than it was….can you imagine? But the goatturd and her liberal left wing nut buds will try to bring it back down to where it was. Since they don’t live “among them” they don’t give a damn. Bored housewives is all they are……just “finding their way”…..like a bunch of clueless 15 year olds….

53. Mark said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:46 pm:

Man, I’m glad her appointment FAILED. The three ‘tards who did vote for her should be run out of office in the next election cycle. Freaking nutbags, all of ‘em!

54. es_la_ley said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:46 pm:

Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:16 pm:

nohe

I can’t remember why in the world I voted for him. Really.

55. InTheNavy said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:52 pm:

Nope, I can’t imagine, Fed Up. I also can’t imagine what it must be like for citizens who are not living in neighborhoods with an HOA, especially since it’s difficult enough to maintain the neighborhood with bylaws, etc., in place. Although, for some reason our HOA in Wellington (Legum and Norman!) apparently disregards or refuses to address issues relating to overcrowded homes, such as on Strawflower with the garbage consistently on the lawn (well, I use that term loosely, as the “lawn” is just weeds and dirt). I believe the sheets in the windows were recently replaced with a type of curtain, though, so perhaps we’re on the path to improvement.

Park’d, we’re on our way out in a year, actually, and hopefully we won’t have a foreclosure or such hanging on.

56. AWCheney said on 14 Apr 2009 at 4:56 pm:

Maybe because he’s a good and decent person, es_la_ley. Why don’t you ask him why he voted as he did before castigating him? If possible, do it face-to-face…he’s very accessible.

57. NO WAY said on 14 Apr 2009 at 5:27 pm:

I find it very interesting that even Principi voted against K.G. Nohe, Covington and May really should look for another job before the next election. I don’t see many Republicans voting for them.

58. BattleCat said on 14 Apr 2009 at 5:41 pm:

Well, Covington was unopposed, so unless you can find a conservative to run against him……well….

59. just_curious said on 14 Apr 2009 at 5:47 pm:

Nohe is an interesting person to be sure, I think even principi had to go with this one (or abstain) because this is just a no brainer.

KG is a weird person in my humble opinion, but I dont count her as the worst. I just believe she’s unstable and really doesnt know what she thinks. The other two (Elena and Alanna) are the more obtuse in my opinion since they dont even live in areas populated by illegals yet advocate for them for their own self-gratification and to get their name in the public limelight. it seems as they all just want attention…

60. A PW County Resident said on 14 Apr 2009 at 5:51 pm:

Probably the same reason that I did–the previous supervisor was a realtor who made money by overdevelopment and handled her son’s arrest for some offense (would say but I wouldn’t want to be wrong) by accusing the county of doing it because she was a supervisor if I remember correctly.

61. A PW County Resident said on 14 Apr 2009 at 5:51 pm:

that was a response to Chicken Little

62. Chicken Little said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:00 pm:

A PW County Resident said on 14 Apr 2009 at 5:51 pm: Flag comment

that was a response to Chicken Little

I didn’t make any comment about Nohe - that was es-la-ley. Not that it matters -

No Way - I also was kind of surprised that Princpi voted against her. I thought it would end up being 4 - 4, but it just shows that Princpi has some respect for his constitutients and the county doing what is right for it.

63. A PW County Resident said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:00 pm:

actually, I messed up again–it was es_la_ley. Gotta get back to the wine before I post again :)

64. A PW County Resident said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:04 pm:

Sorry, Chicken Little–really should read closer

65. Dave in PWC said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:05 pm:

I got a return email from Mr. Nohe and Mr. Stirrup, nobody else. They both asked me to come and speak at 2pm, unfortunately I had to work. Hope there is a replay tonight.

66. A PW County Resident said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:10 pm:

Anke, I don’t doubt that most of these people are good and decent and just have a different opinion. I watched the proceeding and I listened to each one of them. I did think that Wally made some statements about the first amendment that did not finish the thought. That thought would be that the first amendment protects your rights to speak–but the other side is that you are held responsible for your words. I think Wally was put into (or put himself into) an untenable situation.

When Ms. Caddigan told him yesterday that she would be opposed, I am sure he knew it could be bad today but I am not sure that he was in any position to win-win. It was a lose-lose at that point so he made his comments about the first amendment and not about the fact that Ms. Gotthardt spoke so disparingly about a county.

If the position were anything besides a cheerleader for the county, she would have probably made it.

67. A PW County Resident said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:14 pm:

and can’t spell tonight either. jeesh

68. Jon Wright said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:16 pm:

Where’s “Loudmouth Loudoun Insider”. Surely HE/SHE will have a comment on PWC politics. Come on anteater, stick your nose in.

Yours truly,
    Jon Wright

69. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:18 pm:

Oh I don’t disagree that kgotthardt has got to be just about the worst, and least qualified appointment that I’ve heard of for quite a long time (at least here in the county…fed is quite another issue). I just believe that Marty deserves to be confronted about it and given an opportunity to explain his position. Besides, what difference does it make…the BOS voted against her. I don’t believe that people should be judged for making one mistake…they should be judged on their body of work.

70. AWCheney said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:21 pm:

Oops, I was briefly on another computer…the previous Anonymous was me. Wow, that’s the absolute first time I EVER commented anonymously…how embarrassing. Sorry.

71. G Man said on 14 Apr 2009 at 6:34 pm:

The pen is mightier than the sword. And with her own pen she cut her own throat.

72. TedKennedysSwimInstructor said on 14 Apr 2009 at 7:03 pm:

Martian Nohe should be voted out of office. He’s really a RINO wearing donkey labeled boxer shorts. Who gives a rat’s a$$ that he ’s a “home grown” boy that runs a appliance business that depends on the home building and home improvement illegal labor of illegal aliens, he’s no conservative and only touts Reagan when he needed to be construed to the right of Hilda Barg.

73. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 7:16 pm:

After all the “anti” yammering about how a recent board appointee should be held accountable for his own words (whether he even wrote them or not), this is sweet justice. The woman rarely offers anything of substance, just namecalling and juvenile obscenities. Now she can explain to her own children the price to be paid for such recklessness.

74. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 7:28 pm:

Isn’t it wonderful to live in a county where a supervisor like Nohe lets his personal friendships override his good sense in making appointments? Maybe I should “friend” him on Facebook, too.

75. Anonymous said on 14 Apr 2009 at 7:36 pm:

Might also “friend” his wife–seems to be worth a plum appointment or two.

76. DPortM said on 14 Apr 2009 at 8:05 pm:

Justice has been served.

We can sleep easy tonight knowing that personal accountability still matters in PWC (at least for the five Supervisors who voted against her).

77. Maureen said on 14 Apr 2009 at 8:50 pm:

This really is poetic justice.

78. FED UP said on 14 Apr 2009 at 8:57 pm:

TedKennedysSwimInstructor said on 14 Apr 2009 at 7:03 pm: Flag comment

“Adios Martian Nohe, why don’t you meet your anti-mistress Voteddownhardt for donuts in the am and offer her a job as a fridge defroster (just place her photo in the freezer Martian).”

TOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY! LMAO!

79. Maureen said on 14 Apr 2009 at 8:57 pm:

If you know anyone that pays dues, in Virginia, to the AFL-CIO tell them to drop them like a hot potato. These unions are helping to destroy our country and are using your dues to do it!

Jim Robb here with a critical ACTION ALERT from all of us at NumbersUSA.

The A.F.L.-C.I.O. and the “Change to Win” federation of unions are so concerned about the 13.2 million unemployed Americans—that they’ve announced they want to give millions of American jobs permanently to illegal aliens by supporting a mass amnesty!

The New York Times reported this morning that the Big Labor unions signed an accord that “endorses legalizing the status of illegal immigrants already in the United States. . .” The Times said this endorsement had been worked out by “consulting between the two [union] federations and with a variety of Hispanic organizations and advocate groups for immigrants.”

This union sellout is the latest sign that every group in America that can make a fast buck on illegal immigration is lining up to push the gigantic amnesty backed by the Obama administration, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

this outrageous union sellout is a wake-up call to us. Big Business had already sold out workers by backing practically all amnesties. But now the one group that is supposed to stand up for individual workers has decided it’s willing to trade the paycheck of American workers for union dues paid by illegal aliens. Frankly, it’s sickening.

80. Maureen said on 14 Apr 2009 at 9:03 pm:

Go here http://www.numbersusa.com/content/ and use the “action buffet” to send faxes to your elected officials about this disgrace of a union.

81. What I know said on 14 Apr 2009 at 9:16 pm:

KG is a weird person and certainly not someone to be on any County Committee.
    Was so happy the vote was 5 to 3. I do think all three of them are losing their minds. May makes some dumb remarks and Nohe talks out of both sides of his mouth.He hangs with the Anti Group and that is enough for me. I really don’t understand Wally,except he likes to be daring and he saw his chance. The long disertation he gave to up hold KG was a bunch of huey.

He also has no use for the Blogs and really said thats where alot of this came from and it’s not fair to judge a person by blogs. In kg’s case it is alot more than the Blogs.
    She would be a terrible Rep. on County Committee.

Thank you Supervisors for Denying this appointment. The 5 of you are to be congradulated.

82. Anonymous said on 15 Apr 2009 at 6:16 am:

It is indeed fair to judge a person by what they write on blogs if they publicly “out” themselves by using their real identity. Wally is dead wrong on that. And I hope he enjoyed all the name calling gotthardt did in her writings about him at times when she disagreed wit him. Anyway, disaster averted, let’s hope the next person Wally nominates will be someone more reasonable (not hard to do). Gotthardt has shown herself as very childish in her writings and not responsible. More than once she’s been caught in a lie, and she alters the truth as she sees fit. Not someone we need as part of our local government in any way.

83. AWCheney said on 15 Apr 2009 at 10:18 am:

Writing on blogs under one’s own identity is NOT outing oneself, it’s personal accountability…I should know. I started under my own name (sign-in, which is why I’d written it as I did) and I have never swerved from using it. [Well, there was that one time on another thread when I was on another computer and forgot I had to put my information in again and…well, I caught it and apologized in the next comment, identifying myself.] I will stand by each and every one of my comments (even the typos and the occasional lack of adequate proofreading…grrrrr). If I find myself to be wrong about something, I also own that and apologize…but I always “say what I mean and mean what I say,” as the adage goes.

I fully understand the anonymity of the blogosphere and see its value in SOME ways (#1 is because there are people like Jimmy Young out there who would troll the blogs and take great pleasure in attempting to destroy someone’s life because they didn’t like what they said…he’s actually threatened people in the past). On the other hand, the anonymity of the internet, including the blogs, has assisted in breeding a culture where lack of accountability has become far too acceptable. Isn’t it ironic how often we all bemoan the lack of accountability in our judicial system, lack of transparency in our government, and the multitude of other examples in today’s world where lack of accountability has become the norm…so many doing it anonymously, or under multiple pseudonyms?

Say what you will about kgotthardt (and I probably would not disagree with it), at least she has the courage to say it “to your face” and accept the consequences. I have yet to see her bemoan the loss of that appointment as the result of her words on the blogs anywhere (at least where I’ve been) on the internet…I’m sure she knew it was coming and accepted it. Give credit where credit is due and move on…and I say that to her supporters as well as to her detractors.

84. Robert L. Duecaster said on 15 Apr 2009 at 10:50 am:

I don’t think I’ll ever be confused as a Gotthardt supporter, but at the risk of sounding like one, I’d urge all on this blog not to corrupt anyone’s name, regardless of how loathsome you think that person is. It’s juvenile and detracts from your credibility.

It’s too bad Katherine is such a slanderer. We probably could have agreed to disagree on the Invasion issue and found a lot of common ground on the land use issue.

85. Chicken Little said on 15 Apr 2009 at 11:08 am:

But AWC, that’s the difference b/t you and her. You will apologize or correct yourself if you’ve made a mistake. She stands behind everything that she’s said, good, bad AND ugly. When someone points out a flaw in her logic or a mistake in her postings, she flies of the hinge and attacks.

She’s licking her wounds right now and she’ll be back soon - hopefully a little tamer. And you’re right - it’s time to move forward and do what’s best for PWC and its residents.

86. FED UP said on 15 Apr 2009 at 3:58 pm:

Robert L. Duecaster said on 15 Apr 2009 at 10:50 am: Flag comment

I disagree. We’re not corrupting her name - she took care of that herself!

87. TedKennedysSwimInstructor said on 16 Apr 2009 at 7:44 pm:

They mentioned Voteddownhardt on WMAL News this evening.

88. Chicken Little said on 16 Apr 2009 at 9:36 pm:

My favorite quote EVER!!!

“my previous identity as a gay black man in the Victorian Age.

Now I think I explained before what this is all about. I sometimes tell people that one of my previous lives was as a “gay black man in the Victorian Age.”

89. anon said on 17 Apr 2009 at 12:35 pm:

That identity is a whole lot better than her current identity as a hateful name calling lunatic! Now she’s posting fiction about the US census, and getting bent out of shape about the term “these people”. To her everything is racist, the US census is now racist, even though it doesn’t ask the things she claims it asks (US citizen versus non-citizen). In the face of evidence to the contrary, she continues to spew her lies.

90. anon said on 17 Apr 2009 at 12:35 pm:

Maybe in her next life she can come back as an illegal alien since she seems to like them so much!

91. Advocator said on 17 Apr 2009 at 1:12 pm:

To paraphrase the bard, she may be mad, but there appears to be some planning in her madness.

92. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 19 Apr 2009 at 8:03 am:

Enough with the so-called complexities! The illegal alien issue is VERY SIMPLE. You either support illegal immigration (and are part of the problem) or you do not (and are part of the solution). Illegal immigration is associated with: theft of benefits, theft of identities, illegal entry and residing in our country, disregard for the rule of law (which our Republic is based on), gang activity, etc. etc. etc.

93. The Patriot (Got E-Verify?) said on 19 Apr 2009 at 9:03 am:

Imagine that….Nohe voting “yes”.