A Message From Our Moral Superiors

By Greg L | 11 May 2009 | National Politics, Humor & Satire, Prince William County | 6 Comments

Here’s a public service message from Congressman Jim Moran and the editorial board of the Manassas News & Messenger. Should terrorists from Guantanamo Bay be relocated to Northern Virginia, and potentially released from incarceration here after the Obama Administration gets tired of being responsible for them and the “stain” they cause to “our moral character”, you’ll need to at least refresh yourself on an important skill that hasn’t been practiced since the 1950’s: DUCK AND COVER!

1. Johnson said on 11 May 2009 at 7:40 pm:

I remember watching this movie in elementary school in Falls Church. We had regular tests of the air raid sirens every Tuesday.

2. FED UP said on 12 May 2009 at 6:56 am:

Great video, Greg.
    Of course, these terrorists, once released, probably wouldn’t be residing in any of the “elite” neighborhoods, so what the hell do they care…..
    so typical of these a$$holes!

3. Rocky said on 12 May 2009 at 7:01 am:

I take a great deal of comfort in knowing that Jimmy gets so
    mad he gets sick every time he sees me at a public forum.
    Excuse me, but I have to pick up some concrete so I can finish
    my bunker.

4. Riley said on 12 May 2009 at 7:58 am:

Outstanding!!!

5. Jon Wright said on 12 May 2009 at 6:55 pm:

Please refer all Guantanamo detainees who are resettled in No.Va. to “WHITE BIKE TOM” at the corner of Portner and Sudley. Since he has advertised in the past for “full moon services” on his property, surely he certainly would welcome some Guantanamo “refugees”? Although, if his pagan pals start talking smack with the Muslims, there could be “problems”. Let’s hope the pagans aren’t serving pork at their potluck dinner after the “MIDNIGHT MASS”. Could cause bloodshed?

6. Greg L said on 13 May 2009 at 3:05 pm:

At least there are some elected officials taking this seriously. This came in from Frank Wolf today:

Dear Friends,

I wanted to make you aware of an issue on which I have been working for several weeks. President Obama issued an executive order in January ordering the prison facility housing terrorist detainees at the U.S. Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to be closed by the end of 2009. Since then, the Justice Department has been considering the disposition of the detainees, including transfer, release or trial. One possibility being raised is transferring some detainees to the jail and federal courthouse in Alexandria.

On March 13 and again on April 23 I sent letters to Attorney General Eric Holder asking numerous questions on how the detainees will be transferred, housed and tried when Guantanamo Bay is closed. I also questioned the attorney general at a hearing before the Commerce-Justice-Science appropriations subcommittee on which I serve.

I was especially alarmed to read recent reports indicating that up to 17 ethnic Chinese Uyghurs could be released in the U.S., possibly in McLean. These individuals were apprehended at terrorist training camps in Afghanistan and would pose a serious security threat. I wrote to President Obama asking him to declassify the documents detailing the backgrounds of the Chinese Uyghurs and any other detainee being transferred to the U.S.

I also have asked for briefings from career employees at the FBI, CIA, and Department of Homeland Security and have been told by each agency that the attorney general will not allow them to meet with me. What is the attorney general hiding?

This is not the transparency and accountability the president promised, nor is it the open and constructive relationship he claims to want with Congress. This is not change. This is an administration intent on keeping Congress and the American people in the dark about critically important national security issues.

For more information including my letters to Attorney General Holder, Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano and President Obama, please visit my Web site.

Best wishes.