Traitors In Our Midst

By Greg L | 26 May 2009 | Illegal Aliens, Prince William County | 73 Comments

Anyone who has been to a local McDonald’s and usually employs English to communicate has encountered some, well, challenges in getting service.  That has gotten some activists wondering exactly what the employment policies were for this corporation, and wrote to them recently asking whether they used the federal E-Verify program to ensure they’re not employing illegal aliens who have in their possession plausible fraudulent identities.  The answer they received was hardly a surprise:

Hello:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald’s to share your feelings regarding McDonald’s employment policies. We truly respect your point of view, and appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to share some additional information with you on this topic.

First, McDonald’s values the diversity of all of our employees, and of our customers. It’s also important to know that McDonald’s has always maintained a zero-tolerance policy against any form of discrimination in our hiring and employment practices. So, this is not a change in our policy. Like hundreds of other U.S. companies, we have only clarified our written policy to explain that we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientation.

You should also know that our policy applies to employees of McDonald’s USA and does not affect any policies or practices that our franchise owners may have. Approximately 85 percent of U.S. McDonald’s restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees.

In short, we cannot and do not discriminate on any basis. To do otherwise would be inconsistent with our own strong convictions as a company to not tolerate discrimination against anyone, for any reason.

Thank you again for writing and sharing your feelings with us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

McDonald’s Customer Response Center

Parsing this ridiculous gibberish, it’s pretty clear that McDonald’s is very interested in maintaining their ability, and the ability of their franchisees, to obtain cheap illegal alien labor even when American citizens and legal residents who could be lawfully employed might be interested in helping make ends meet during these difficult times.  There’s another reason this outrageous behavior is important, but I’ll let someone affected by these irresponsible policies at another business owned by McDonald’s tell the story.

I am writing this to inform about the General Manager from Chipotle in Manassas. Her name is Juana and she is from El Salvador. She works in the Liberia location in Manassas. I used to work in Chipotle and at that time Juana told me about her ties to the MS 13 gang. I reported this to Chipotle but no action was taken. She is also illegal. She does not have documents to work in the US. Chipotle knows this. Now she is the General Manager. And she is in charge of hiring other employees. She has pretty much filled her restaurants with illegals. Someone should stop this.

So according to this person, when you patronize Chipotle, a portion of the money you pay them is used to provide financial support to the Mara Salvatruca 13 gang.  How lovely.  I wonder how many patrons are aware of this, and whether they might change their spending habits if they knew.

So what does this do to communities?  Here’s another individual who contacted me to express their outrage over the effects of illegal immigration.  These messages are all too common, although much less frequent than I had been receiving a few years ago.

When I saw you guys [Help Save Manassas] I thought finally someone is doing something. I live at Coverstone IV apartments. I moved in February and am so scared to be here I have been forced to stay at my parents home in Fairfax 6 out of 7 days not just from the gang fights I have witnessed but the use of illegal immigrants from the property management. I have witnessed this personally: they allow illegals to live in the apartments under Section 236 (as I am under) which uses government money for the poor to live in this hell hole. I have had to call the police several times but have been dismissed by them. I don’t know what to do.

So even if we managed to stop spending money at all the businesses that employ illegal aliens, our tax dollars would still be subsidizing them.  At least there’s an election coming up and we can put the pressure on the candidates to answer why taxpayer dollars are being used to perpetuate the unlawful presence of illegal aliens in our communities.  Someone can start distributing fliers on the cars parked outside of places like Chipotle, which will likely cause an immediate change there, but in order to change our government’s policies, there’s only one way to make our elected officials see the light: let them feel the heat.

It’s time to clean out the traitors in our community so eager to sell out the American people like this.

1. Citizen12 said on 26 May 2009 at 1:00 am:

Micky D’s, Wall-Mart and many other international players have been exploiting the cheap labor and dumping the cost of everthing else that goes with it on the American taxpayer for years.

The American consumer is getting crushed by the “falling prices”. Every dime they think they save cost them dollars in the long run, but still they purchase from the very people out to crush thier way of life.

YouTube - McDonald’s Corp. and Illegal Immigration

Illegal aliens hired at 11 Reno McDonald’s

Is Wal-Mart Good for America?

And if you have any doubt…

Super Size Me

2. BothPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToOurFears said on 26 May 2009 at 6:14 am:

So much to talk about here …

I don’t want to boycott Chipotle on the basis of one rumor. (Not that those flyers might not be a nice idea). But I do think we the Poeple should boycott any fast food places or restaurants where people who work there are speaking to each other in languages other than English. Just walk away. Maybe leave a card or a flyer saying “You would have had my business if you hired American workers”. Or “I will NOT press 2 for Spanish. I’m taking my business somewhere where American citizens work”.

Same thing in stores. An America where little cards or flyers were all over the shelves and floors, instead of money in cash registers, might get attention.

I’m sure that young people who don’t speak Spanish have a harder time getting hired in restaurants around here. I hope one of them can establish discrimination legally. I hope that we the People can present the question to each other of whether we should be living in a bilingual society where people who speak no English can expect service all over town.

I don’t see the McDonalds letter as contemptuous. This is their reality. If they are caught discriminating against someone who is a citizen, even if that person doesn’t speak English, they’re liable for severe penalties. And for many years including the 8 years of the Bush Administration, this has been used as a weapon against anyone who wants to hire citizens. Some change must come from our corrupt government rather than expecting the business community to do it.

As an optimist, I believe that change is coming.

3. DPortM said on 26 May 2009 at 6:25 am:

The local owners of Burger King in Manassas and Centreville use E-Verify to ensure that their workers are legally eligible to work. As you enter these restaurants, you will see the E-Verify sign on the wall. Once I ascertained, by speaking with the manager, that E-Verify was being used by the local franchisee, I quit going to McDonald’s for burgers and fries. If you want to patronize an establishment who does not hire illegal aliens, you should visit the local Burger Kings.

4. BothPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToOurFears said on 26 May 2009 at 6:44 am:

I might print some of those cards up myself … but if millions of other Americans did it as well the impact would be great.

Underneath the screen at the Supermarket auto checkout lane, where it asks me to select between Englsih and Spanish, cards should litter the floor. Same in the drive-through lane at the banks.

They should be all over the lot and the restaurant at McDonalds. To the point that they need to consider hiring extra illegal aliens to clean them up.

Any organization that asks us to pick between English and Spanish on the phone, we should refuse to proceed further through the automated system and speak to an operator.

Businesses are moving us towards bilingualism because it pays them a few more dollars. We need to exact a cost for it.

5. BothPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToOurFears said on 26 May 2009 at 6:45 am:

That’s great info DPortM, thanks.

6. Anonymous said on 26 May 2009 at 7:07 am:

Thanks for the heads-up. I will no longer spend any of my money at Chipotle!!!!

7. Claire said on 26 May 2009 at 8:38 am:

This is nice to know. Thanks for sharing and I’ll pass it on.

8. Vigilant1 said on 26 May 2009 at 8:47 am:

Just did a google search for chipotle and there is NO business listed under that name in Manassas. It shows one in Woodbridge and another in Occoquan and Alexandria. When did that “Manassas” location open?

9. Anon said on 26 May 2009 at 9:14 am:

I believe it is on Liberia near all the new restaurants that have sprung up.

10. Anon said on 26 May 2009 at 9:15 am:

Here is the address:

Chipotle - Liberia Road
    9511 Liberia Ave.

11. Vigilant1 said on 26 May 2009 at 9:37 am:

Okay, thanks for updated info re my post above, I did another search and it appeared with the address. Don’t know why original google search did not indicate the one on Liberia.

12. Muttley said on 26 May 2009 at 10:06 am:

“Chipotle strives to be an honorable company and employer. Our employees must always operate within the law in all business dealings. It is our policy that the Company and our employees obey all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Employees have a personal responsibility to become familiar and comply with the laws and regulations related to job responsibilities. There are also other laws, not directly related to your job but of general relevance to work situations, of which you should be aware. If you have any questions about what is within the law and what is not, seek advice from Chipotle’s Corporate Compliance Counsel. Noted below are some of the most important laws that apply to the Company, our employees and our business dealings.”

Hmmm…

13. Citizen12 said on 26 May 2009 at 10:10 am:

DPortM said on 26 May 2009 at 6:25 am

…….by speaking with the manager, …

**********************************************************

Burger King manager exposed as illegal immigrant

27 illegal aliens working at seven Delaware Burger King Restaurants arrested by ICE

IMHO, if I have to question it based on my own observations the damage is done. If it looks like a duck I’ll have to figure its a duck.

14. slick said on 26 May 2009 at 11:30 am:

What’s the difference? You people are fighting a fight which has already been lost. El presidente DumbO is going to give amnesty to each and everyone of these criminals and create a permanent democrat majority for generations and ultimately for eternity. This is a great day for the socialists/communists America haters in the DNC. The time to fight this scourge was last November and we got demolished, so just bend over and take it. There are consequences to elections as you will all soon find out. As for me, I’m moving the heck out of here, cuz when the sh#t hits the fan you don’t want to be anywhere near urbanized areas.

15. Johnson said on 26 May 2009 at 12:16 pm:

It seems that one of the nominees on Obama’s short list for the SCOTUS seat is both racist AND sexist. Big surprise there.

16. Anonymous said on 26 May 2009 at 12:35 pm:

Citizen12 said on 26 May 2009 at 10:10 am: Flag comment

DPortM said on 26 May 2009 at 6:25 am

…….by speaking with the manager, …

The date on that Deleware bust was last August. Napolitano has now changed ICE’s mission of rounding up illegals and deporting them to one of “supposedly” going after the employer. That still leaves the illegals in this country.

17. I Bleed Obama Blue said on 26 May 2009 at 2:20 pm:

“President Obama…is going to give amnesty to each and everyone of these [undocumented workers] and create a permanent democrat[ic] majority…”

Yea!

“This is a great day for the [rational, patriotic Americans] in the DNC.”

Yea!

“…last November [you right-wing nutjobs] got demolished, so just bend over and take it.”

Yea!

“As for me, I’m moving the heck out of here…”

Yea!

Hey Slick, don’t get hit in the ass by a Democrat [pun intended] on you way outta town!

18. DPortM said on 26 May 2009 at 3:37 pm:

The Burger King franchise I was speaking about is local to Manassas and Centreville - I’m not vouching for any other franchises.

Both Parties - the card idea is fantastic! Count me in - I’ll help with funding them. Just let me know…

19. DPortM said on 26 May 2009 at 3:38 pm:

There is a Chipotle on Sudley Road right by 66.

20. Drednot said on 26 May 2009 at 4:19 pm:

Agree on the card idea. About a year ago I complained to my congresspeople about signs in English and Spanish in the international arrivals area at Dulles Airport (immigration and customs.) Their formal displays (the TV monitors and graphic signs didn’t have any Spanish language on them the last time I came back from overseas (two weeks ago), but they had signs on stands right at the entrance to the “US only” line that were in English (with red Spanish under the English) saying “Welcome to the United States” and “Bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos.” Don’t know why that bothers me, but it does. Makes me think of Miami Airport where little English is spoken, even by ICE officers.

I stopped going to the Lake Ridge-area mcDonalds a while ago due to surly counter people, the language barrier, and frequent wrong orders that netted a torrent of Spanish-language complaints when I complained that my order was wrong. There’s only one Burger King in our area now (Potomac Mills along Smoketown Road) and that place is simply filthy all the time.

I gave up on Chipolte’s a while ago, and started eating at Moe’s Southwest Grill (the one at the intersection of Hoadly Road and the PW Parkway. Driving there yesterday for lunch, I saw one of the Latino cooks suddenly burst out of the back door and puke. He wiped his mouth and went back insidel Suffice to say, I didn’t eat there and certainly won’t eat there anymore.

21. Remember your manners said on 26 May 2009 at 4:29 pm:

Employers should hire those who are here legally, irregardless of ethnicity. However, the hispanic ladies that work at my local McDonald’s couldn’t be nicer and are very sweet… yes, it is hard to understand them sometimes, but their smiles are genuine. I don’t think that giving ladies like this a card (like the one described above) that insults them will do anything but confuse people who aren’t the decision makers and will ultimately end up in the trash bin. If you really want to make a difference, call the franchise owner and inquire directly to them as to the documents they require for hiring. If their answer isn’t sufficient, tell them directly that you’re boycotting their business. They’re the ones who’ll respond to pressure and can actually make change.

If the employees are indeed illegal, the issue should be taken up with the franchise owner, who usually isn’t even on property. While hiring illegals is wrong in my opinion, so too is being disrespectful to people who are in service jobs at restaurants. Throwing protest cards on the floor and leaving rudely sounds like something the people that protest the World Bank meetings would do.

22. BothPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToOurFears said on 26 May 2009 at 5:03 pm:

I don’t really have the disposition to take the lead on the card idea … feel free to run with it …

23. Hmmmmm said on 26 May 2009 at 6:58 pm:

Hmm. The title of the article is “Traitors in Our Midst” and I Bleed appears. Coincidence? I think not.

24. Dave in PWC said on 26 May 2009 at 7:47 pm:

I emailed the info about Juana to Chipolte but didn’t give a store location as I wasn’t sure and got this response from Chipolte:

Thank you for writing us, and we appreciate your concerns. We will investigate these things completely and thoroughly, since most definitely we would like our people at all of our restaurants to be able to communicate effectively with our customers. Our restaurateur Juana however typically works at our Liberia Avenue restaurant.

Sincerely,

Joe Stupp

Chipotle

25. Emma said on 26 May 2009 at 7:48 pm:

I gave up on eating McDonalds a long time ago. I used to just love it when my drive-through order got bungled, and I don’t notice until I’m home with the food and a hungry family. So much for their “high-tech” ordering system that is supposed to ensure “accuracy.” I could definitely live without the precooked hamburgers that are now weirdly heated in some sort of hypersalted broth and served out of some plastic drawer instead of cooked on a flame. Filthy bathrooms, disgusting, fattening, artery-damaging food–no thanks. But America gets fatter and fatter, and McDonald’s gets richer and richer. Go figure. Makes me want to go back out and run an extra mile.

When will Manassas ever get a Whole Foods market?

26. NoVA Scout said on 26 May 2009 at 7:48 pm:

This was another one of these posts that I had trouble following. It seems to glance off several issues without really lighting on one or the other. Is it about whether these companies are hiring illegals or is it about limiting short orders to English. If the latter, I am hard pressed to find any problem in people speaking Spanish in any particular context.

27. Emma said on 26 May 2009 at 8:00 pm:

A Chipotle burrito with steak, cheese, pinto beans, rice sour cream, lettuce, tomatos, and corn salsa will pack a whopping 1,200 calories and over 2 GRAMS of sodium. Keep eating those and we’ll all be too fat and lethargic to care about the legal status of our service employees.

28. Anonymous said on 26 May 2009 at 8:33 pm:

Hmmmmm said on 26 May 2009 at 6:58 pm: Flag comment

Bingo! I thought the same thing!

29. zuzu said on 26 May 2009 at 10:09 pm:

Thats it for me…I’m done with Chipotle too. I used to go there with co-workers (more locals who share most of the same sentiments as this website). When they hear about Juana….our entire lunch group of around 8 will never go back. I knew we should’ve stuck with Tony’s or Paninos!!!

30. wii said on 26 May 2009 at 10:38 pm:

I’ve stopped going to McDonalds in NoVa for the sole reason of the language barrier. None speak english well and they are not friendly.

I may need to stop going to Chipotle too - good for the USA and my health. I’ve never seen a white worker in chipotle, but I’ve had better friendlier service at Chipotle so I’ve kept going. I’ve always suspected some might be illegal because I’ve never read anything to indicate that Chipotle uses E-verify.

I’ll write to Chipotle and ask about E-verify.

31. long time said on 27 May 2009 at 6:34 am:

Emma

Illegals don’t shop at Whole Foods, hence Manassas will never get one. This is why Manassas is an exporter of wealth. The stores cater to our dempgraphics, and all signs as a result are in spanish. Personally, I shop in Fairfax, McLean or even Charlottesville and Richmond.

As far as being on topic, support the businesses that HSM sponsors. Yes we should deport illegals, but we also must go after the employers. Throw a few McDonalds execs in jail with the Hamburgler, fine them personally millions (commensurate with their fat bonuses) and watch their (and other company) policies change immediately.

32. citizenofmanassas said on 27 May 2009 at 7:16 am:

Skip the bad food at McDonald’s, and start visiting the Chick Fil A on Liberia. The food is better. The owners are Christian, and there are no language issues. In fact they don’t seem to have an issue finding Americans willing to work at fast food restaurants. They also provide free local newspapers and extras simply not available at other fast food places.

33. Just the Facts said on 27 May 2009 at 7:30 am:

Did you know that sitting down to dinner with your family and turning off the television dramatically increases the chances your kids will be successful and reduces the chances they will get in trouble later in life?

Look at what you give up. Number one (fast food); processed, preserved garbage that contributes to obesity, heart disease and a variety of other health problems, which is served up often by illegal aliens. Number two (television), processed, politically-correct garbage that rots your children’s minds and indoctrinates them into the media’s world view and philosophy.

Look at what you get. A family that communicates, and children who develop strong values and grow up in a healthy environment with parents who show they care about and love them. I’m not so idealistic as to say that kids will never eat a Whopper or watch Sponge Bob, but we need to get our priorities back in order and food and TV are good places to start.

34. Fran Kendrick said on 27 May 2009 at 8:48 am:

Anonoymous and Hmmmmmm, right on!!! Sounds as if I bleed is one
    of many who is still waiting for Obama to give him a new car, fill his gas
    tank and pay his mortgage then find him a job. Oh, wait a second….
    forget the job. He probably doesn’t want a job!

35. Anonymous said on 27 May 2009 at 9:02 am:

citizenofmanassas said on 27 May 2009 at 7:16 am: Flag comment
    Skip the bad food at McDonald’s, and start visiting the Chick Fil A on Liberia.

And, Chick Fil A is also a member of HSM’s “Do the Right Thing”…..

36. Tyler Durden said on 27 May 2009 at 9:10 am:

Regardless of any fast food restaurant’s hiring policies, from what I’ve seen of the people in PWC, boycotting all of them would be a good thing. What a bunch of lard-arses!

37. Muttley said on 27 May 2009 at 9:26 am:

Wonder why the Shoppers is closing on Rt 28. Guess there are still not too many non-illegals that was shopping or worked there. Suppose they just made the wrong decision to make it an International store in the first place. Talk about a language barrier. That store was pretty bad.

38. Anonymous said on 27 May 2009 at 9:57 am:

Anonymous said on 27 May 2009 at 9:02 am: Flag comment

citizenofmanassas said on 27 May 2009 at 7:16 am: Flag comment
    Skip the bad food at McDonald’s, and start visiting the Chick Fil A on Liberia.

And, Chick Fil A is also a member of HSM’s “Do the Right Thing”…..

Try the Red Robin on Liberia for outstanding burgers and service.

39. BothPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToOurFears said on 27 May 2009 at 10:29 am:

Chick Fil A is also a member of HSM’s “Do the Right Thing”…..

Interesting because just yesterday my wife went in (to the new one on Sudley Manor) after they got our order wrong, she said the counter people shrugged and said “They don’t even speak English back there, they mess this up all the time” with an air of total resignation that frustrated my wife.

40. BothPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToOurFears said on 27 May 2009 at 10:39 am:

“The owners are Christian, and there are no language issues. In fact they don’t seem to have an issue finding Americans willing to work at fast food restaurants.”

I don’t know about the one on Liberia, but as mentioned above at the new one on Sudley Manor apparently the whole cooking staff hardly speaks English.

41. Johnson said on 27 May 2009 at 12:15 pm:

…and now for even more ism. If a Hispanic dicriminates against another Hispanic because of their nationality, is it racism?

42. TedKennedysSwimInstructor said on 27 May 2009 at 12:58 pm:

We should boycott Martian Nohe’s Appliance Connection store also for the low cost deal he made with Hilda Barg to install a full size upright freezer in her bedroom so that she could store her full-sized ice sculpture of Corey Stewart that she likes to hump when the humidity exceeds 72% and when Frank Principi fails to get a second.

43. citizenofmanassas said on 27 May 2009 at 3:55 pm:

Both Parties,

I can only speak about the one on Liberia. I’m not sure if those two locations are owned by the same owners.

44. chameleon said on 27 May 2009 at 5:28 pm:

I’m a whole foods and harris teeter shopper…I know it costs more, but I gladly pay the higher price to avoid the scummy illegal aliens…well worth the cost.

45. Emma said on 27 May 2009 at 6:48 pm:

I believe they are franchises. The one on Liberia is owned by a very nice family., and the service is wonderful, and they do offer alternative healthy side dishes.

46. Anonymous said on 27 May 2009 at 7:40 pm:

I was only commenting about the one on Liberia - I’ve never eaten at the one on Sudley Manor.

47. NoVA Scout said on 27 May 2009 at 8:31 pm:

BTW, I re-read the post and couldn’t find the part about “traitors” or “treason”. these are capital offenses. Is there some espionage going on here or something?

48. citizenofmanassas said on 28 May 2009 at 5:40 pm:

Sorry, the post from “anon” on 05/27 was from me.

49. Anonymous said on 28 May 2009 at 9:33 pm:

NoVA Scout said on 27 May 2009 at 8:31 pm: Flag comment

Yeah, look for the guy with the newspaper in his left hand and a red rose in his lapel. The secret word is…….well, you don’t have the need to know. Sorry!

50. chickosee said on 29 May 2009 at 3:11 pm:

those anti-chicks need to be staying away from the chipotle :)

too much calories there, I’m sure they wont gist with their weight watchers programs or jenny craig

51. Wolverine said on 30 May 2009 at 2:33 am:

Logged onto a thread where the lead-in word was “traitors” and wound up with an internet subscription to the PWC Restaurant Critic Magazine. I especially liked that part about the cook running out the back door and vomiting. From now on, I think I’ll pack a brown bag lunch whenever I travel to Manassas!

52. Kathy said on 30 May 2009 at 7:52 am:

What about the people working at Embassy Auto Wash?

53. chameleon said on 30 May 2009 at 9:51 am:

not withstanding health reasons, I havent attended a mcdonalds or chipotle in some time due to the fact that it’s difficult to communicate with the workers. As far as being members of a gang, I hope chipotle can work that out.

I did order a pizza once at taco bell and got a burrito supreme, not sure if it was language or just plain stupidity.

not being racist at all, but I typically shop at places where hispanics dont, mostly because those places are cleaner, more friendly and I dont get accosted in the parking lot for money (like walmart in Potomac mills). I’ll go out of my way to patronize places where it’s more comfortable and friendlier..even it means significant travel.

54. chickosee said on 30 May 2009 at 4:33 pm:

some good news (sort of) from colorado…let’s hope this plays out in favor of the prosecutor and we see this spread across the country…it could be a VERY good thing.

55. Anonymous said on 30 May 2009 at 5:49 pm:

chameleon said on 30 May 2009 at 9:51 am: Flag comment

Good for you! I live in Manassas but drive to Warrenton to shop in the Walmat and Home Depot there. The ones in Manassas and on Liberia Ave. are filthy and hard to find anyone shopping in them that speaks English. Just a lousy environment to shop in and I am willing to drive a few extra miles to get away from it. Maybe if enough people did the same thing, their managements might wonder why the gringo clientel is dropping off.

56. Anonymous said on 30 May 2009 at 5:51 pm:

Kathy said on 30 May 2009 at 7:52 am: Flag comment

What about the people working at Embassy Auto Wash?

They are probably Embassy staff and have diplomatic status. :)

57. chickosee said on 31 May 2009 at 4:51 am:

ever tried shopping at the walmart in potomac mills? you get swarmed with people trying to beg money from you before you even can exit your car. a few weeks ago I went for some odd purpose and some hispanic guy who couldnt speak english (he had an index card asking for money in english he shoved in my face) jammed my door. I had to shove him out of my door way to exit the car, I asked him if he wanted “arrest” a few times and mentioned “polica”…he understood that and scurried away to pester some other person. I talked to a few people and they got a similar experience. I also shot an e-mail off to walmart in which I got no reply.

our government sadly has the power to rid us of these people but they dont, it’s all about having cheap slave labour and it’s just sad…there are so many people out there who would take those jobs

utterly sickening in my view.

58. citizenofmanassas said on 31 May 2009 at 8:34 am:

Surely if it is OK to shop and support a business based only on ethnicity, then is perfectly fine to shop and support based on the fact a company does not hire illegals.

59. chickosee said on 31 May 2009 at 1:08 pm:

guess it’s ok depending on what color you are. just like we dont have a white european history month yet everyone else get’s one. it’s a double-standard of course. If you say your shopping or going to a restauraunt at a white owned/patronized establishment your racist, however black people going to black owned places are just supporting their community. it’s nice how that works isnt it?

60. americangal4ever said on 31 May 2009 at 3:36 pm:

BVBL patriots.
    We collectively have shot down in state tuition for the states of :
    Arizona
    Colorado
    Oregon
    New Jersey
    and Maryland
    Do not despair We are doing quite well
    Somethings are coming up in Wisconsin
    we need you
    join www.alipac.us
    www.lastamericansstanding.us
    Alipac is a nationwide group bring your political might to alipac.
    Radio show on RBN network Sundays at 12-2am last americans standing show
    Limited seats are available for college Will your child be denied entry into college in the place to hold on to a seat for illegal aliens
    Parents it is up to you
    Omibus bill
    Get this out of the budget state wide
    Oppose the budget bill in Wisconsin
    Governor Jim Doyle (D) Wisconsin
    No instate tuition in the Budget Bill for this year.
    GET BUSY PEOPLE CONTACT YES EVEN IF YOU DO NOT LIVE IN WISCONSIN

61. chameleon said on 31 May 2009 at 5:06 pm:

I’ve been hardcore on the tuition thing..I dont think that illegals should have tuition assistance at all, in fact I think if they enroll at college they should be turned over to immigration.

Illegals getting in state is about the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of, of course the harpies would say “what about the doctor that could be in that bunch” I say “what about the doctor that could be in the other kid who was rejected in favor of a freaking illegal”

I think my argument makes sense, people please make those calls and e-mails fly….

62. Mr. Anon said on 31 May 2009 at 9:49 pm:

Drednot said on 26 May 2009 at 4:19 pm: Flag comment

Dred, I saw the same puking episode outside Tony’s Pizza in the Festival at Manassas location. My wife and I did the same thing; not going in there.

Can anyone tell me a restaurant other than Burger King and one Chik-fil-A where there are not illegals working?

63. chickosee said on 1 Jun 2009 at 1:38 am:

probably no restauraunts other than sit-down ones, at least there you can be assured your waiter speaks decent english. of course you cannot be assured of who/what works in the kitchen. logans in manassas seems to be pretty good.

64. Brian Leeper said on 2 Jun 2009 at 1:21 pm:

“for fast food, it’s kind of hard these days to get someplace where illegals dont roam.”

Take US15N to I70W to I68W out to US219N, just off I68W there’s an Arby’s where they speak perfect English.

It would appear to me that this issue seems localized to the metro area.

65. BothPartiesColludeAgainstUsAndMarketToOurFears said on 2 Jun 2009 at 1:31 pm:

“logans in manassas seems to be pretty good.”

That’s true but it’s sad that thay’s the exception rather than the rule.

I’d like to see a law proposed the enforces a surcharge on anyone who is ordering food in a language other than English - to discourage non-English speakers from driving through McDonalds and elsewhere and assuming that everyone speaks Spanish - which they currently do. Which in turn leads to an inability to stock the cashiers with people who don’t speak Spanish. American teenagers need not apply.

The opposite is currently true - McDonalds and others currently put Spanish ON THEIR SIGNS to create the impression of a bilingual fast food nation. Let’s put a surcharge onto that. Call it the “Spanish tax”.

66. chickosee said on 2 Jun 2009 at 4:15 pm:

i used to pick up an egg muffin when I drove to work, the lakeridge mcdonalds had a really nice older woman working there every morning, spoke good english, white lady…made it pleasant to go there and get a cup of joe and some food for the ride in. sadly I have not been back for awhile since I now work from the house.

i dont go to any fast food joints now, it’s sad to see our country go down the tubes and jobs that used to go to teenagers looking for college money are going to illegals who will accept a lower wage…

67. Greg L said on 5 Jun 2009 at 10:25 am:

Got this in my inbox today:

MCDONALD’S® ANNOUNCED AS TITLE SPONSOR OF THE 2009 NATIONAL COUNCIL OF LARAZA ANNUAL CONFERENCE |

Washington, DC—NCLR (National Council of La Raza), the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States, today announced McDonald’s as this year’s Title Sponsor of the 2009 NCLR Annual Conference, which will be held July 25–28 at McCormick Place West in Chicago, Illinois.

“We are delighted to have McDonald’s as this year’s Conference Title Sponsor. Their support and alliance, even in these tough economic times, will help contribute to this key event for the Hispanic community,” said Janet Murguía, NCLR President and CEO.

“At McDonald’s, we are honored to welcome and support NCLR in bringing its Annual Conference to our hometown. We applaud NCLR for its unwavering leadership and work to address critical issues affecting the Hispanic community,” said J.C. Gonzalez-Mendez, President of McDonald’s Latin America and a member of the NCLR Corporate Board of Advisors. The NCLR Annual Conference is the single largest gathering of its kind in the Latino community. More than 25,000 community organization leaders, activists, and volunteers; elected and appointed officials; members of the corporate, philanthropic, and academic communities; senior citizens; college students; and youth are expected to participate this year.

McDonald’s USA, LLC, is the leading foodservice provider in the United States serving a variety of wholesome foods made from quality ingredients to millions of customers every day. More than 80% of its 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by local franchisees. For more information on McDonald’s, visit www.mcdonalds.com or log on at any of the 10,000 Wi-Fi-enabled McDonald’s U.S. restaurants. Visit www.nclr.org/conference to learn more about the 2009 NCLR Annual Conference.

68. chickosee said on 5 Jun 2009 at 9:24 pm:

that settles it, guess mcdonalds is not on my menu anymore..ever.

NCLR sounds like a hispanic terrorist organization in disguise..anything called “the race” has racist written all over it.

69. chickosee said on 6 Jun 2009 at 4:52 pm:

tried the new KFC Grilled chicken today, it’s pretty good not sure about the health aspect of it but good.

they also spoke fluent english there, which was a surprise and a welcome one at that.

70. Anonymous said on 6 Jun 2009 at 11:13 pm:

BOYCOTT McDONALD’S NOW!!!!

71. Kathy said on 7 Jun 2009 at 7:45 am:

I have already made that decision to boycott all fast food restaurants who appear to have hired non English speaking employees, McDonald’s was first on my list. It is not that difficult to do, but I am not spending any more of my money to support non English speaking employees working in restaurants or stores.

72. Anonymous said on 7 Jun 2009 at 10:45 am:

In addition to boycotting those businesses that employ non-English speaking (and perhaps illegal aliens,) a letter to the corporate Hqs and the store manager indicating that their business will no longer be patronized by you or your family and friends. If enough letters were written, maybe, just maybe we could see some change. You have to hit the businesses in the pocketbook and let them know you are doing it until there is a change.

73. chameleon said on 7 Jun 2009 at 5:51 pm:

as I said previously,

I’ll be more than happy to pay more money to shop places where I get better service, where people speak english and where the places are clean and safe. This applies to eating establishments as well. If I have to suffer a bit of inconvenience or travel, I’ll do so. You wont catch me in a walmart around here, I’ll go to target where the price is higher but the place is cleaner.

wont find me going to anywhere on route 1….