Next Saturday is Independence Day, and in addition to the usual barbecues and fireworks there’s an opportunity for you to join with hundreds, perhaps thousands of other Prince William County area residents to protest the outrageous behavior of Congress and the President of late. Fed up with taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens? Outraged with Gerry Connolly’s vote in favor of a massive tax hike scheme on energy this week, or his vote to bring Gitmo prisoners to Virginia? Send a message to Congress and the administration that we are fed up with socialism and have some fun at the Taxed Enough Already Party at the McCoart building from 1-4PM. Let’s have some fireworks before the fireworks start!
From the Prince William County VA Tea Party website:
WHERE AND WHEN
The Prince William County American Freedom Day Tea Party will be held on July 4th from 1 to 4:00 PM. Please join us at the McCoart Administrative Center, 1 County Complex Court, Woodbridge, VA 22192. The Center is adjacent to the Prince William Parkway. When entering the ending address be sure to use 1 County Complex Court, Woodbridge, VA 22192. Click here to get directions.
WHY WE ARE DOING THIS
We are committed to improving the lives of every citizen of this country. We hold these tea parties with the hope that our elected officials will understand that we cannot leave a legacy of debilitating debt to future generations. We must not permit our leaders to embrace socialist policies that could change the face of America forever.
Our volunteer base is growing daily as citizens have found a voice and renewed sense of hope. You too can make a difference. Sign up to be on our E-mail list.
Are you fed up with a Congress and a President who:
- vote for a $500 billion tax bill without even reading it?
- are spending trillions of borrowed dollars, leaving a debt our great-grandchildren will be paying?
- consistently give special interest groups billions of dollars in earmarks to help get themselves re-elected?
- reduce funds for our national security?
- have grown our 2009 budget deficit to $1.8 trillion, 50% of the total budget?
- run up trillions of dollars of debt and then sell that debt to countries such as China?
- want government controlled health care?
- refuse to stop the flow of millions of illegal immigrants into our country?
- cut death benefits to families of slain police officers and other public safety officers?
- call our brave military men and women potential terrorists?
- want to impose a carbon tax on your electricity, gas and home heating fuels?
If these issues concern you then you really need to participate in the next Taxed Enough Already (TEA) Party on July 4th from 1:00 to 4:00 PM.
PROGRAM & SPEAKERS
The Honorable Jay O’Brien, Master of Ceremonies
Nicholas Gossin, Reading of the Declaration of Independence
Matt Hawes, Vice President, Campaign for Liberty
The Honorable Bob Marshall, Virginia State Delegate
John Snyder, Public Affairs Director, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
John Hanson, Founder, Repeal Income Tax- July 12 Movement, Fair Tax Advocate
Ben Marchi, State Director, Americans for Prosperity
Jack Martin, Special Projects Director, Federation for American Immigration Reform
Gerald Adams, Healthcare Policy Director, Americans for Limited Government
The Tea Party on April 15th was terrific, despite bad weather. I will definitely be there for this one. Will you?
The opinions expressed here are solely the views of the author, and not representative of the position of any organization, political party, doughnut shop, knitting guild, or waste recycling facility, but may be correctly attributed to the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy. If anything in the above article has offended you, please click here to receive an immediate apology.