Ruttenberg Appeals

By Greg L | 24 July 2009 | Rack & Roll Scandal | 6 Comments

The News & Messenger breaks the story about David Ruttenberg’s appeal to the 4th Circuit in the Rack n’ Roll scandal telling Ruttenberg that they wouldn’t print it unless they released the information to him first, instead of here.  Oh, well.  At least they published a nice photo of a police officer pointing a gun at people after the judge ruled that pointing weapons at people never happened during the raid.

Ruttenberg’s brief contains statements from six people who were in the pool hall when the task force entered Rack ‘N Roll to begin the inspection.

One witnesses stated in Ruttenberg’s brief that the officers had “pistols pointed like they were going to shoot somebody.”

Another stated “I knew if I said anything to piss these guys off, I risked getting shot.”

Attorneys for the City of Manassas Park again referred to the security recordings,  which they said showed that no Manassas Park police officers “brandished or pointed any weapons during the operation.”

As for that whopper, you look at the picture printed in the article, and you be the judge.  The guy in the mask is holding a twinkie he spray painted black or something?  Or maybe he’s actually pointing a pistol at people.  You be the judge for now, at least until I am able to get more information for you.  The judge in the case ruled that it’s impossible this is a weapon, and refused to let the case go to a jury.  You might think otherwise, that quite possibly this is a weapon.

I’ll have more on this later after I have time to get through all the information I received tonight.  Stay tuned for some absolutelty unbelievable stuff.  Of course long time readers should be pretty used to that, after seeing stuff like “Let’s Go To The Video Tape #1“.  This case is nothing but the incredible, uttery insane stuff you would never think a local police department would stoop to, but the mountain of evidence demonstrates theyactually  did.

1. Anonymous said on 25 Jul 2009 at 9:46 pm:

How in the heck can a judge say there were no guns when there were? That guy is smokin something, and it aint legal.

2. Loudoun Insider said on 26 Jul 2009 at 10:30 am:

Why aren’t more people outraged about this??? And where the f are the feds???

3. FormerCOMemployee said on 26 Jul 2009 at 6:01 pm:

I have to say that I am usually 100% behind the police. But this whole saga has me really thinking something crooked is happening here. The PD using the ABC agents administrative inspection powers to conduct a raid is outrageous and thsi was clearly a raid. It is on the same line as the PD following a zoning inspector into a house for the purpose of finding drugs without a search warrant. This was clearly way beyond an administrative inspection by the ABC agents. I went along on several ABC agents inspection during my time in Manassas and never saw one conducted in this fashion. I have to agree with GL on this one, something is wrong here.

4. me-n-u said on 27 Jul 2009 at 7:53 pm:

I have talked to Dave and what he has to tell is just amazing. I too find it hard to believe that a police department would use the tactics they did to get Dave to leave.

This is the kind of stuff you see in th movies.

Hang in there Dave!!!!!!

5. anon said on 27 Jul 2009 at 10:12 pm:

Who is the judge/where was this latest decision made?

This craziness makes me wonder if the judge has some kind of connection that we’re unaware of.

Since my resolution isn’t top notch, is it possible that the black thing that looks like a gun is really a hand with a glove on it? Other than that, I can’t imagine what it could be besides a gun.

6. Brian Leeper said on 27 Jul 2009 at 11:20 pm:

The image is very low resolution. I believe it has been scaled down. The original image should be much sharper–Greg, you may want to see if you can get the original and post it. It should have at least 450 lines of vertical resolution(assuming the use of a standard TV camera). This image has only 190 lines of vertical resolution. Also the horizontal resolution is much lower–this image only has 300p but the original should have 720p (again, assuming the use of a standard TV camera) In other words, this image is less than a quarter of the size of the original. Any gun should be easier to see on the original.

“This is the kind of stuff you see in th movies.”

This is also the kind of stuff that makes you wonder what else is going on here that isn’t being talked about, at least not in public.