Illegal Alien Gets Tasered In Westgate

By Greg L | 30 July 2009 | Crime, Prince William County | 50 Comments

Prince William County Police investigated a noise complaint last Sunday and ended up tasering and arresting two people, one of whom appears to be an illegal alien.  Now the people who were causing the trouble in the neighborhood are in full grievance mode, complaining that they couldn’t communicate with the officers, despite one of the first officers on the scene spoke fluent Spanish, and that just because they were drunk, belligerent and uncooperative they shouldn’t have gotten zapped.  What a crock.  This attitude that everyone has to accomodate the behavior of persons of other cultures, no matter how many laws they happen to be violating at the moment, has got to end.  This is America.  We actually have laws and expect them to be honored.  Just follow them.

The Westgate neighborhood where this happened was overrun by residential overcrowding and a frequent target of MS-13 and Surenos-13 graffiti before the Rule of Law Resolution was passed.  Once that policy went into effect, the number of people moving out in the middle of the night carrying all the household major appliances with them was stunning.  Now the problems seem to slowly be returning, and residential overcrowding and other quality of life problems are starting to pop up again.  Incidents like this, where someone decides that they can unlawfully inconvenience as many neighbors with their behavior as they want and it would be wrong for anyone to complain about it, will without a doubt become increasingly common.

So when police get a call in this neighborhood, and it’s clear from the complaint we’ve got some cultural element at work here, the police know to respond with Spanish-speaking officers.  We shouldn’t have to make this kind of accomodation, but we do, and perhaps it’s a smart idea.  These officers end up spending a lot of their time educating people as to what the law is and handing out warnings, probably more than they do issuing citations and making arrests, from the look of the activity reports that get provided to the local neighborhood watch members.  We spend a lot of taxpayer money trying to accomodate boorish people who can’t seem to get it into their thick skulls that we actually respect the law here, and that if they don’t, eventually there will be consequences.

So police show up at this party to explain that there’s a noise ordinance.  The property owner is drunk and belligerent, and another person at the party decides to intervene and protect this guy from the police.  That sets the crowd into motion, threatening the safety of the officers.  So they get control of the situation with tasers, rather than firearms, arrest two people, and lo and behold one is still in custody days later while they clear up questions about her legal status.  Color me not so surprised when this kind of behavior ends up relating to illegal aliens, as I’ve seen it time and time again.

I’ve little doubt that Mexicans Without Borders is going to show up and march somewhere as a result of this.  If there’s an opportunity to play the ethnic grievance game, they want to be front and center.  They probably wouldn’t want to do this in Westgate, as they’ll likely get a rather hostile reaction from the neighbors who have to put up with these kinds of shenanigans day in and day out.  These folks are tired of the ethnic grievance game.  They just want their neighborhood to be safe and quiet, and are quietly applauding that the irresponsible behavior of some of the newer residents has finally resulted in some consequences, rather than another set of warnings that will almost certainly be ignored.

1. FED UP said on 30 Jul 2009 at 9:38 am:

Always the victims aren’t they.
    How pathetic.
    There is but one set of rules and EVERYONE needs to follow them!

2. anon said on 30 Jul 2009 at 10:04 am:

I’ts a simple thing, do what the police ask you to do and don’t argue with them. Those people took a simple thing of the police asking them to turn down the music and escalated it into a big issue. They may have done this on purpose for the publicity. It’s their fault things got out of hand, not the police. Of course, to start with they don’t care about their neighbors - and think nothing about blasting loud music all the time. Next time, maybe they’ll know better and turn down the noise when the police ask them to, instead of picking a fight. No doubt, this will be made to look like a big issue of police hostility toward Hispanics, all the liberal newspapers will print articles making the PWC police look bad, and we’ll hear more about how racist PWC is. All because a bunch of stupid people refused to comply with a reasonable request to turn down the noise. These people have to learn you can’t just disregard your neighbors. Now they are trying to make some kind of federal case of police brutality. How stupid.

3. Johnson said on 30 Jul 2009 at 10:20 am:

It’s their culture-the more drama, the better. No respect for other people, no shame, no integrity, no character.

4. Dave in PWC said on 30 Jul 2009 at 10:22 am:

PWDPD’s finest once again used good judgement and minimal force to control the situation and protect themselves. I’m waiting to see the whole video that the family recorded so it will vindicate our fine officers.

If you can’t speak the language suggest you learn it so you can get out of the shadows and join the rest of us, or just go back to your home country and take your anchors with you.

5. Not Chris P. said on 30 Jul 2009 at 10:40 am:

I was there. I heard the guy yell ” Don’t Tase me Ese’!”

6. Not Ilanna said on 30 Jul 2009 at 10:48 am:

When asked about this incident, Jeannette Rishell said “again, I don’t have all the facts, but I believe the police acted stupidly”. Then she said she’d like to invite the officers involved over for a “beer summit”. When asked by the crack MJM reporter on the scene what each would be having, Jeanette said the officers had requested Bud Lite, the perps Modelo Especial, and she, in celebration of her newly publicized status as a Filipina-American, would be having San Miguel Lager.

7. Anonymous said on 30 Jul 2009 at 11:00 am:

……..and LAFAYETTE thought she had cleaned up her neighborhood and got rid of that kind of scum. TSCHH, TSCHH. It didn’t take the “victims” long to run to FOX NEWS with their “sad” story.

Obama should invite all of them to join Gates et al for a beer tonight. He better stock up heavy with some dos x’s or corona. Don’t forget to turn up the music. It’s gonna be a long night! PARTY ON!

8. Anonymous said on 30 Jul 2009 at 11:01 am:

Deport em all! Round em’ up and head em’ out!

9. Anonymous said on 30 Jul 2009 at 11:10 am:

They’re Baaack!

10. Johnson said on 30 Jul 2009 at 11:30 am:

Maybe not for long….

11. Patty said on 30 Jul 2009 at 12:53 pm:

The party was out of control. I heard the music from my house which is a couple of blocks away. A few weeks ago I had called police about loud music coming from this same area.

The problem now is that there have been many homes bought by investors. These investors are renting out these homes to whoever and it doesn’t matter to these investor/landlords how many are renting. As long as money is getting into their hands they don’t care.

Zoning needs to enforce overcrowding ordinances.

The police did the right thing.

12. Johnson said on 30 Jul 2009 at 3:53 pm:

It seems that the highest foreclosure rates by zip code are Manassas, Woodbridge and Herndon, not necessarily in that order. Due to the high densities of illegal aliens, perhaps?

13. park'd said on 30 Jul 2009 at 5:01 pm:

It was so nice last summer after they all left. Traffic was great, overcrowding was improving, neighborhoods here in the park were looking much nicer. Now it appears they are back in droves again. What is drawing them all back? We are in the worst recession (actually a depression) since The Great Depression and yet I see more illegals now than I did at the height of the boom. Traffic in the park in the mornings is an epic disaster now and has been since around April. I seriously DREAD this fall after schools starts back up again thinking how bad traffic will be. We can’t rely on politicians to do crap and our homes values are still plummeting here in the park. It’s maddening and makes me want to pull my hair out. What is causing all the illegals to return??

14. park'd said on 30 Jul 2009 at 5:08 pm:

Johnson: I saw nothing there about rates except for a color code. The amount of foreclosure sales would have to be divided by the total amount of homes in the city to get you a rate. I can all but guarantee you that the park (20111) is at the top of that list or very near it and we all know why. Devastation doesn’t even begin to describe this place. It should be labeled a federal disaster area imho. No joke.

15. park'd said on 30 Jul 2009 at 5:19 pm:

Edit: I knew it. At the top right of this graph at the link below it says hardest hit zipcode is 20111 but it labels that zip as Woodbridge instead of Manassas Park. I would have bet money on this. This town is a disaster. disFN’Gaster. I want to know why we are not in the news here? Why is nobody shining the light on this town?? It always escapes the limelight for all of its shenanigans and it pisses me off. The media should be digging around this town 24/7 putting 2 and 2 together to determine why we are in the shape that we are in.

16. InTheNavy said on 30 Jul 2009 at 5:23 pm:

park’d said on 30 Jul 2009 at 5:01 pm:

“…What is drawing them all back?…What is causing all the illegals to return??”

They’re confident another amnesty is on the horizon.

17. HelpUsRidOfThem said on 30 Jul 2009 at 10:24 pm:

Is there any overcrowding ordinance in Prince William? There are quite a few dumpy flophouses that need to have the pressure put on so the problems will leave.

18. DPortM said on 31 Jul 2009 at 4:59 am:

I have spoken with neighbors in Westgate who had to listen to this drunken, loud party that day. It lasted for five hours before the police arrived. They were lighting off firecrackers throughout the afternoon. Their music was loud (they were using a loudspeaker) and the bass from the music could be heard inside houses two blocks away. According to the neighbors, the police acted properly and the perpetrators were completely in the wrong. The woman was screaming and hysterical.

19. anon said on 31 Jul 2009 at 8:08 am:

“The next day the occupants of the house were visited by Univision for an interview.”

I’m sure they portrayed it as a “nice quiet family gathering”.

20. wii said on 31 Jul 2009 at 8:27 am:

if you’re mad….go to numbersusa.com and donate!

21. smurf said on 31 Jul 2009 at 8:30 am:

were they sacrificing chickens or doing strange voodoo rituals :) wonder if the supposedly pregnant chick got deported yet?

22. anon said on 31 Jul 2009 at 9:18 am:

Maybe Obama can have them and the PWC police over for a beer and all will be settled….

23. Anonymous said on 31 Jul 2009 at 11:35 am:

Charlie Deane has gone out of his way on more than one occasion to get on the “good” side of the Latinos in this area. This is what his officers get in return. This is not the first case of PWC police officers being attacked by Latinos nor will it be the last.

24. Anonymous said on 31 Jul 2009 at 11:38 am:

park’d on 30 Jul 2009 at 5:01 pm: Flag comment

The are all awaiting the free ride aka amnesty! That is the only thing keeping them here.

25. Anonymous said on 31 Jul 2009 at 11:41 am:

HelpUsRidOfThem said on 30 Jul 2009 at 10:24 pm: Flag comment

Is there any overcrowding ordinance in Prince William?

None that are enforced.

26. Anonymous said on 31 Jul 2009 at 11:48 am:

27. Greg L said on 31 Jul 2009 at 2:13 pm:

Also interesting is that the release from the PWC Police Department identified Edgar Rodriguez as the “homeowner”, but a search on land rover doesn’t show anyone by that name owning property on Lafayette.

Anyone have the actual street address where this happened?

28. DPortM said on 31 Jul 2009 at 2:20 pm:

9628

29. Cynic said on 31 Jul 2009 at 2:41 pm:

Anonymous said on 31 Jul 2009 at 11:48 am:

“Isn’t it interesting to note that the “bright side” blog has completely ignored this subject. I wonder why?”

Because this subject does not fit the agenda of the three young ladies of the “bright side”.

30. Mando said on 31 Jul 2009 at 2:41 pm:

What’s with the loudspeakers? Why do they have to be so FRICKIN loud? I’ve had the same problem with a couple of houses near me. Ridiculously rattle the windows live concert obnoxious loud. I feel for those in Westgate because I know exactly what they are going through.

And park’d is right. I’ve noticed the same thing.

My guess is the illegal alien advocates did more to scare them off then the resolution itself.

31. Brian Leeper said on 31 Jul 2009 at 2:58 pm:

“What’s with the loudspeakers?”

Lack of consideration for anyone else.

32. Mando said on 31 Jul 2009 at 3:15 pm:

I agree, but my point was, why not outdoor speakers or regular speakers?

These are concert style loudspeakers. The sole point of this type of speaker is to play in decibel levels well above those of residential sound ordinances. It’s not just this instance in Westgate. I have houses around me that have the same damn things. It’s ridiculous.

I’m seriously seeing the tide coming back and I’m not sticking around this time to play in the water. It’s a damn shame.

33. Anonymous said on 31 Jul 2009 at 3:50 pm:

34. Mando said on 31 Jul 2009 at 4:06 pm:

I’m sure the music got turned down once things started getting crazy.

I know all about these “kid” parties as they have them quite often around me.

Most normal kid parties don’t involve alcohol and obnoxiously loud music blared through concert loudspeakers.

35. smurf said on 31 Jul 2009 at 4:43 pm:

nice how the youtube video only shows the “victim” side of the story, apparently the cops just showed up and tazed their a$$es. doubt that one bit, maybe they should have just turned down the music blaring out of their loudspeakers. If I were their neighbor, I think I would have tazed them far before the cops arrived. the real victims are their neighbors who have to put up with their garbage all the time.

36. Dave in PWC said on 31 Jul 2009 at 5:22 pm:

Well the property card shows that he is the property owner. It shows a three bedroom house with six rooms and 968 square feet. With that square footage how many people can he legally allow to live there? Of course he has an 88 sq foot shed as well, probably fit half a dozen in there all by itself.

37. Anonymous said on 31 Jul 2009 at 5:37 pm:

You forgot the basement, 418 square feet of it is finished. Probably a few beds are down there too.

38. notracist said on 31 Jul 2009 at 8:50 pm:

Well, i am pro-immigrant (those who abide the law) but, i am against police brutality, no matter what the legal status or race is.

Either i need glasses or i can not read english but, the footage home video contradicts in some way to the police report.

I live in a multicultural neighborhood: whites, black,asian, jews, hispanic, there is only one person on the street who calls police even for the noise made by a squirrel while jumping from one tree to another, i bet someone alike him drained his/her stress over this family, that’s not fair, i bet his/her loved canine was tired for a short walk that day.

I hope a deeply investigation will clear either the police department or the Rodriguez family, one of them was wrong. I hope justice will be served.

God Bless America and it’s multicultural population.

39. Brian Leeper said on 31 Jul 2009 at 9:13 pm:

You can clearly see the concert-sized loudspeaker at 0:56 in the video.

40. Mando said on 31 Jul 2009 at 10:29 pm:

“You can clearly see the concert-sized loudspeaker at 0:56 in the video.”

Yeah. Ridiculous. I mean is that really necessary for a kids party? Is crap like that necessary in a residential area? Seriously. It’s retarded.

“Also, there are neighbors who say that the party was not so loud as stated in the police report. If the music was so loud, how can we hear some kids laughing?”

Why the f would they have loudspeakers like that? Why not a boom box?

Try living next door to Nissan Pavilion.

41. smurf said on 1 Aug 2009 at 1:04 am:

from what I have read/heard, only one neighbor commented it was not loud in the paper, many more commented it was.

I’m sure it was not cranked when the cops arrive, the video does not show all. it’s pretty amateur stuff i.e. youtube.

why have loudspeakers? whatever happened to regular stereo speakers? WTF ever happened to common sense and communicating with your neighbors about parties and such? I had a party in my backyard once, I told my neighbors and I also told them if I was too loud for their tastes to please let me know (I gave them my cellphone number) and I would ensure I turned things down a notch. It’s called common sense and common courtesty and these people had none. This is the united states, not south america.

42. Anonymous said on 1 Aug 2009 at 9:55 am:

smurf said on 1 Aug 2009 at 1:04 am: Flag comment
    This is the united states, not south america.

That is why we have this kind of a problem. Back in the hills of Mexico there are no noise restrictions and anything goes. The louder the better. Then they come to this country and expect the same things they enjoyed in the third world still apply. When they are told it is not that way here, they take offense and the “macho” kicks in.

43. Citizen12 said on 1 Aug 2009 at 12:44 pm:

park’d said on 30 Jul 2009 at 5:01 pm
    What is causing all the illegals to return??

I would say that our tax dollars that were used to pay off all the “interest only” house notes helped. Now these homes are selling at a much lower price. Instead of many people needed to make the payment, they will have a “positive cash flow” with the same number of people. Just like the late night informercials have promised.

Top that off with the number of vacant homes still on the market there is more parking available than ever before. You can expect more than 6 cars per “family” with all the extra on street parking…..don’t forget those vacant house driveways as well.

44. es_la_ley said on 1 Aug 2009 at 2:44 pm:

The interesting thing about this story for me is that the dude was allegedly arrested for being drunk “in public” in his own back yard. I did not know that my back yard was a public area. So anything outside of your house (which I hope is still “private”) is a public area? Yeesh.

Let me propose a wildly hypothetical situation… You’ve had a few beers in your home. You’re not slobbering drunk, but you’re feeling really good. :-)

For whatever reason (assuming you haven’t committed a crime, of course), the police knock on your door and you have no idea why they would want to talk to you.

Police: “We’d like to talk to you. May we come in?”
    Homeowner: “Do you have a warrant?”
    Police: “No, but we’d like to talk to you.”
    Homeowner: “No warrant, no entry.”
    Police: “Okay then, could you step outside so we can talk?”
    Homeowner: “No, because I’ve had a few beers and you could charge me with being drunk in public. I choose to remain in my home. We can talk through the doorway.”

Would that fly? Hope so!

45. Citizen12 said on 1 Aug 2009 at 10:32 pm:

Virginia code

§ 18.2-388. Profane swearing and intoxication in public; penalty; transportation of public inebriates to detoxification center.

If any person profanely curses or swears or is intoxicated in public, whether such intoxication results from alcohol, narcotic drug or other intoxicant or drug of whatever nature, he shall be deemed guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor. In any area in which there is located a court-approved detoxification center a law-enforcement officer may authorize the transportation, by police or otherwise, of public inebriates to such detoxification center in lieu of arrest; however, no person shall be involuntarily detained in such center.

(Code 1950, § 18.1-237; 1960, c. 358; 1964, c. 434; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1979, c. 654; 1982, c. 666; 1983, c. 187; 1990, c. 965.)

Prince William County code

Sec. 16-14. Public intoxication.
    If any person is intoxicated in public, whether such intoxication results from alcohol, narcotic drug or other intoxicant or drug of whatever nature, he shall be deemed guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.
    (Code 1965, § 13.1-26; Ord. No. 01-17; 2-6-01)

Also - note definition 2-

Noise shall mean any steady-state or impulsive sound occurring on either a continuous or intermittent basis that annoys or disturbs humans or that causes or tends to cause an adverse psychological or physiological effect on humans.

Noise disturbance shall mean any sound which:
    (1) Endangers or injures the safety or health of humans; or
    (2) Annoys or disturbs a reasonable person of normal sensitivities; or
    (3) Endangers or injures personal or real property; or
    (4) Exceeds the applicable maximum permissible sound levels as they appear in the table in section 14-4.

Sec. 14-5. Prohibitions generally.
    The following acts are violations of this chapter:

(7) The playing of radio, phonographs, television, tape or disc players, musical instruments or drums, sound amplifiers or similar devices which produce, reproduce or amplify sound in such a manner as to create a noise disturbance.
    (8) Talking, yelling, shouting, screaming, singing, or any other form of human sounds produced by any person or group of people that creates a noise disturbance.
    (9) Playing, operating or permitting to be operated, any radio, tape player, compact disc player, loud speaker or other electronic device used for the amplification of sound, which emits sound within a motor vehicle being operated on a public street or alley, and which emits sound audible from outside the motor vehicle at a distance of 50 feet or more. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to motor vehicle alarms or other security devices, the emission of sound for purposes of alerting persons to the existence of an emergency, or the emission of sound in performance of emergency work.
    (Ord. No. 89-143, 10-24-89; Ord. No. 90-20, 2-6-90; Ord. No. 95-8, 1-10-95; Ord. No. 00-65, 9-5-00)

*****************************************************

I know my eye sight is not as good as some, but I did not read where any of the above apply ONLY to a certain segment of our population. But there are some who constantly argue that point.

46. DPortM said on 2 Aug 2009 at 6:59 am:

This article is important to what is happening today with Obamacare and illegal aliens:

Illegal Aliens and American Medicine
    By Madeleine Pelner Cosman, Ph.D.
    Journal of the American Physicians and Surgeons
    Volume 10, Number 1 - Spring 2005

The Seen and the Unseen
    The influx of illegal aliens has serious hidden medical consequences. We judge reality primarily by what we see. But what we do not see can be more dangerous, more expensive, and more deadly than what is seen.

What is unseen is their free medical care that has degraded and closed some of America’s finest emergency medical facilities, and caused hospital bankruptcies: 84 California hospitals are closing their doors. ‘Anchor babies’ born to illegal aliens instantly qualify as citizens for welfare benefits and have caused enormous rises in Medicaid costs and stipends under Supplemental Security Income and Disability Income.

By default, we grant health passes to illegal aliens. Yet many illegal aliens harbor fatal diseases that American medicine fought and vanquished long ago, such as drug-resistant tuberculosis, malaria, leprosy, plague, polio, dengue, and Chagas disease.

What is seen is the political statistic that 43 million lives are at risk in America because of lack of medical insurance. What is unseen is that medical insurance does not equal medical care. Uninsured people receive medical care in hospital emergency departments (EDs) under the coercive Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1985 (EMTALA), which obligates hospitals to treat the uninsured but does not pay for that care. Also unseen is the percentage of the uninsured who are illegal aliens. No one knows how many illegal aliens reside in America. If there are 10 million, they constitute nearly 25 percent of the uninsured. The percentage could be even higher…

For the remainder, please visit this link:

47. Black Saint said on 2 Aug 2009 at 8:22 am:

Come on be reasonable ask any Left Winger we need more diversity, the more Hispanics the better, if this means diversifying into a Third World Nation and a cesspool like the invading horde have proven they are only capable of building that is OK.

48. Anonymous said on 2 Aug 2009 at 9:51 am:

Anyone know where there are any baptisims today with musica caliente and mucho cerveza? Don’t forget to wear rubber soled shoes with all this rain we have been having. :)

49. anon said on 2 Aug 2009 at 4:16 pm:

Can’t you be in public while on your own property?

You might not be ON public property, but aren’t you still IN public?

For example, one be charged with “public indecency” - which is what it is called in some places - while still on your own private property - such as standing nude in your front yard.

50. smurf said on 2 Aug 2009 at 5:42 pm:

good call…what the whole nude thing! I imagine I would call the cops, especially if I saw a bunch of nude anti-chicks hanging out in the yard…yuck!!!