Jeanette Rishell Pads Resume For Campaign Cash

By Greg L | 31 July 2009 | Jeanette Rishell, 50th HOD District | 17 Comments

I guess when your whole campaign finance strategy seems to be dependent on raising money from outside your district, you have to go the extra mile to appear as a credible candidate to people who don’t know you.  Especially to California voters, it would appear.  Here’s a screenshot of the little advertisement Jeanette is running on a website affiliated with the University of California (which she didn’t attend), and lo and behold she has promoted herself from being an office manager at Carteret Mortgage into a full-blown “mortgage banker.”  Now that’s quite a resume pad, wouldn’t you say?

It’s not too surprising that Jeanette Rishell continues to demonstrate a seemingly pathological aversion to the truth.  From the outright falsehoods she got caught in by the local media last time she ran, to the willful misstatements underlying her misuse of copyright law that she’s engaged in today, Rishell always seems to have a problem telling the truth.  Especially when it is so incredibly easy to detect stupid lies like resume-padding in ads to potential campaign donors, it boggles the mind why the Rishell campaign would try a stunt like this.  Is she really going to lose that much money by admitting she was an office manager, as opposed to claiming to have been a mortgage banker?

This is the campaign that never seems to avoid an easily avoidable screw-up.  Can you imagine the gaffes that would happen if this person ever actually became a legislator?

Time for another entry in the poll…

1. Not Ilana Kaplan-Shain said on 31 Jul 2009 at 2:20 pm:

Wow! That IS a whopper! Let’s see, her first campaign wasn’t she a “special assistant to the company President” which is office speak for secretary…ahem administrative assistant. The next campaign, she promoted herself as a “special projects assistant”, which implies she was a part-time secretary. Now she’s not only a “political consultant”, she’s also a mortgage banker.

Lies, lies and more lies.

2. Gnarly said on 31 Jul 2009 at 3:06 pm:

Actually…this is the most serious error she has committed. Resume embellishments are VERY serious and she should drop out of the race.

3. PWConservative said on 31 Jul 2009 at 3:22 pm:

Ha! good luck finding Dem donors in Merced, The Central Valley is more Culturally Conservative than Kentucky. I was there recently, The Farmers had their water shut of by the Administration because of some endangered trash minnow, As a result the Unemployment is higher than Detroit because the farms are drying up and going bankrupt. Now a Impeachment drive would probably raise some cash…

4. Lil Dog said on 31 Jul 2009 at 3:23 pm:

I agree. Kinda like that admiral who got caught a few years back wearing medals he hadn’t been awarded. I think he ended up committing suicide because he could deal with the disgrace. Thing was, HIS resume didn’t need any padding. Rishell is something different. ZERO integrity. She came to my door a while back and flat-out lied to my face regarding her positions on taxes, education and illegal aliens.

5. A PW County Resident said on 31 Jul 2009 at 6:29 pm:

I am not sure what that UC Merced webpage is all about. You can click on her opponent tab and click on Jackson Miller and he has a similar page.

6. Greg Stiel said on 31 Jul 2009 at 9:15 pm:

Mortgage broker isn’t exactly an honest profession the way its been practiced for the last 10 years,

7. anon said on 31 Jul 2009 at 11:05 pm:

It’s not an ad. And I don’t see a donate button anywhere. Not even on Jackson Miller’s page.

8. Johnson said on 1 Aug 2009 at 3:53 am:

I wonder if the guy who mowed the lawn at the mortgage company was a “loan officer”? Still, lawn care IS an honest job.

9. Emma said on 1 Aug 2009 at 7:18 am:

Now THIS is significant, and I will be sure to challenge Jeanette Rishell when she shows up at my door to campaign. I will also ask what she meant by “tough on immigration” in her last campaign literature. Doesn’t she know that being “tough on immigration” means you are “anti-immigrant”?

I might even ask her permission to videotape her responses…

10. Pat,Herve said on 1 Aug 2009 at 7:37 am:

before you all go challange her, please find out who created the info on the page first (jumping to conclusions again). Her and Her Campaign *may not* have anything to do with the page or what was posted.

Someone else stating what here position is, is hardly inflating a resume.

11. Logical Thinker said on 1 Aug 2009 at 8:32 am:

I swear she looks like a space alien with big hair…maybe that explains the California connection…they have large deserts out there…big and open deserts northwest of Los Angeles where a space ship could hide. That’s it!!! That’s the connection!!!! I got it, I’m sure of it. Wait, is that her outside my window? I knew it…I KNEW it. She’s plotting my kidnapping by her alien friends….

Actually, she isn’t doing that, nor is she an alien…but she like illegal aliens…

12. Big Dog said on 1 Aug 2009 at 9:18 am:

At this point, I don’t understand the obsession with Jeanette Rishell.
    Her campaign was on life support even before the VEA pulled
    her plug by endorsing Jackson Miller. She is done.

13. Greg L said on 1 Aug 2009 at 9:30 am:

Big Dog, I’ve always had Rishell under the microscope during election season. But I would hardly say her campaign is over at this point.

She’s got four paid staff working the lists the Obama campaign developed, she is raising a tremendous amount of money, and as usual she is working hard knocking doors. I’ll bet when Virgil Goode was running at this point in the cycle, most folks figured he had it in the bag as well, as did Jerry Kilgore.

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings, and I’ll continue to let people know about Rishell right up until the election ends. I’ve always done that. I didn’t let go of Manes Pierre, either, and if anyone was a darkest of the dark horse candidates, he qualifies much more than Rishell.

14. smurf said on 1 Aug 2009 at 9:33 am:

what’s up with her hair??? it’s kinda crazy.

15. Anonymous said on 1 Aug 2009 at 12:51 pm:

The nerve! Someone who works as a manager in an office that provides mortgage loans from banks calling themselves a mortgage banker.

Protip: If you let your fingernails grow longer, it will make it easier to grasp at those straws.

16. Big Dog said on 1 Aug 2009 at 3:22 pm:

Greg, my concern is that your blog might garner her some
    “poor unfairly picked on woman” sympathy votes. As Rishell
    continues to fall behind, don’t give her an unintended push
    forward. And yes, a winning candidate always “plays until the
    whistle blows” AND avoids “macaca” stumbles.
    This clearly looks like another Miller win, let’s keep it that way.
    (FYI - Jackson helped to fund today’s Manassas City
    employee picnic - kudos to him and the other sponsors.)

17. Emma said on 1 Aug 2009 at 11:35 pm:

Pat,Herve, I think you missed my apparently poor attempt at sarcasm there. I don’t quite get why Rishell is such a serious threat. Jackson Miller has the VEA endorsement, and he has scored big points with his recent teleconferences. He’s clearly engaged and responsive to citizen concerns, and very popular from all indications. Rishell only comes across as clueless and out of touch. Why give her any ammunition? As Big Dog says, why risk the “macaca” moment when you’re running strong?