video production in Manassas and Prince William County

Taking The Fight To Them

By Greg L | 17 October 2009 | Arlington County | 7 Comments

Republicans are even fighting in deep-blue Arlington where Aaron Ringel is taking on a huge battle in the 48th District to unseat Bob Brink, the Chairman of the House Homosexual Caucus. If you know someone in this district, you need to call them today and not only get their promise to go to the polls and vote for Aaron, but send him a generous donation right away. Although Bob Brink is a twelve-year incumbent, his website doesn’t list a single accomplishment for him as a member of the General Assembly, but only those activities outside of him misrepresenting the 48th. Time to send him packing, and replace Brink with actual leadership for the 48th!

1. Northern Ox said on 17 Oct 2009 at 6:58 pm:

I’m hoping that Mr. Ringel’s campaign will answer a few questions I e-mailed to him last week. So far, the total lack of response is rather disheartening, and not really inspiring me to vote for him, regardless of my feelings about Del. Brink.

Or do I have to track him down at an event someplace to get simple questions about his positions on issues — which should be covered on his website, but aren’t — answered?

2. Anonymous said on 17 Oct 2009 at 7:10 pm:

OT, but the Washington Post openly displayed its contempt for rural Virginia in its Deeds endorsement.

The quote, “Despite his rural roots, Mr. Deeds has been ideologically flexible enough to support abortion rights; press for background checks on firearms buyers at gun shows; oppose displaying the Confederate flag on state license plates; and warm to equal rights for homosexuals.”

3. Sanford Horn said on 18 Oct 2009 at 2:42 pm:

Greg,

Thanks for posting the video and your support of my friend Aaron Ringel’s uphill quest to become the next member of the House of Delegates representing, in Aaron’s words, “the Fighting 48th” District in Richmond.

Aaron has been working non-stop to reach out to as many voters as possible and not just talk to them, but to listen to them - to hear their concerns. While I do not live in the 48th, (I live in the neighboring 45th and I hope readers from that district will vote for VICKI VASQUES on November 3rd) I do know how challenging that district can be.

But Aaron has a positive attitude, and does not back down from a worthy fight - he served in Iraq as a United States Marine, and now he is fighting for us at home in Arlington.

As for the concerns and questions coming from Northern Ox above, certainly I do not speak for Aaron or his campaign, however, having been a candidate for public office (twice) myself, I know the rigors of the campaign trail. If his website is shy of certain information you feel is relevant, call his campaign office and talk to his campaign manager - candidates rarely deal with their own websites - that’s not their job. As for specific questions you would like answered, again, I suggest you talk to his campaign manager to meet with Aaron at a specific event or let her know he has not responded to your questions and he can get back to you. Sometimes these things take time, especially when a campaign is basically a 24/7 operation. I know Aaron and you are not being ignored. I also know he will appreciate your support and vote on November 3rd.

4. Greg L said on 18 Oct 2009 at 6:39 pm:

Sanford,

I took the liberty to forward Aaron’s phone number and email to Northern Ox, since he provided his email address when commenting. Although I haven’t heard any response from him, I hope he took another pass at reaching out, as I am sure he would be successful.

5. Northern Ox said on 18 Oct 2009 at 8:14 pm:

As it turns out, for some reason I did not receive Greg’s e-mail with the phone number and e-mail for Mr. Ringel, but I did receive a reply today (Sunday) from Mr. Ringel’s campaign.

I’m glad the campaign has the time to reply to inquiries from voters. I certainly realize that running as a Republican in Arlington is an uphill fight which I’m sure is quite time-consuming. Then again, every vote does count - even mine.

Many thanks to the individual from Mr. Ringel’s campaign who took the time to reply.

6. NoVA Scout said on 18 Oct 2009 at 8:24 pm:

I did not realize that there was a “House Homosexual Caucus.” That surprises me for a number of reasons. Who is in this group? What is its purpose?

7. Sanford Horn said on 18 Oct 2009 at 9:34 pm:

Northern Ox,

Glad to hear you got a response from Aaron’s campaign; hopefully it was satisfactory. And, yes, every vote DOES count - no matter how hard the Democrats attempt to supress the absentee ballots of our fighting forces overseas.