Happy Halloween!

By Greg L | 31 October 2009 | Humor & Satire | 34 Comments

Yes, the wave of political correctness that crashed over the resolve of some retailers didn’t prevent everyone from enjoying these creative costumes!  Now, which one of these guys should I give the Green Card to?

1. Dave in PWC said on 31 Oct 2009 at 2:10 pm:

Greg,

Make sure you turn them over to Charlie Dean. Good job catching them.

2. Angelena said on 31 Oct 2009 at 2:13 pm:

Hi. I don’t know if I got my comment lost in one of the many posts. I’m just wondering why use Black Velvet Bruce Lee as your blog site? Black velvet, as far as I know is a mixed drink, and Bruce Lee is a symbol of Chinese nationalism. Why do you have that on your site considering Chinese people are just like Mexicans.

3. Greg L said on 31 Oct 2009 at 3:39 pm:

Angelina, just click on the “ABOUT BVBL” to the right.

4. The Patriot (Got E-Verify???) said on 31 Oct 2009 at 3:45 pm:

Angelena…don’t you have anything better to do? Why don’t you post some useful information….or…..are you just one of those liberals that asks a bunch of questions without providing any real data for serious discussion?

5. The Patriot (Got E-Verify???) said on 31 Oct 2009 at 3:46 pm:

Oh…now book those illegal aliens in the pic and deport, deport, deport!

6. citizenofmanassas said on 31 Oct 2009 at 3:51 pm:

Too funny.

7. James Young said on 31 Oct 2009 at 3:59 pm:

I’m not sure which costume is scarier, Greg: theirs, or yours? ;-)

8. es_la_ley said on 31 Oct 2009 at 4:09 pm:

I laughed for 10 minutes before I was able to type.

And that’s in front of the dais of the BoS?

That’s hysterical!

9. Kevin C. said on 31 Oct 2009 at 4:16 pm:

Angelena said on 31 Oct 2009 at
    2:13pm: “…considering Chinese people are just like Mexicans.”

WOW!!!

That’s about all I can say.

WOW!!!

The UNBELIEVABLE STUPIDITY of some people just leaves me SPEECHLESS!!!

I will admit, though, I DO have to agree with JY.

10. es_la_ley said on 31 Oct 2009 at 4:32 pm:

Kevin C. said on 31 Oct 2009 at 4:16 pm:

The UNBELIEVABLE STUPIDITY of some people just leaves me SPEECHLESS!!!

And they can vote! :-)

11. chuck said on 31 Oct 2009 at 4:32 pm:

I ended up getting ahold of the alien mask, I bought some orange coveralls online and stenciled “illegal alien” on the front and “dont taze me bro (in spanish) on the back” so far it’s a hit, however I certainly wont be trick or treating on the otherside of route-1 with it (unless I had some magic running shoes to go with it)

12. BattleCat said on 31 Oct 2009 at 6:03 pm:

That picture, given the “firestorm” over those costumes, is……AWESOME!!!!

13. anon said on 31 Oct 2009 at 6:28 pm:

Hey Angelena, Chinese are just like Mexicans? How is it in there in your bigoted little mind? Why don’t you go bother Charles Johnson and keep asking him why his blog is called Little Green Footballs? Got any more inane (or as you seem to think, provocative) questions to ask? Get lost.

14. Fran Kendrick said on 31 Oct 2009 at 8:22 pm:

to God, it was like being in a completely foreign land….the crowd consisted mostly
    of blacks and hispanics, all with one goal….to get something for nothing.

15. FED UP said on 31 Oct 2009 at 9:56 pm:

Toooooooooo funny! Love it!

16. sahdman said on 31 Oct 2009 at 10:05 pm:

Halloween is the perfect example of Obama’s America. Most of the kids don’t even say “trick or treat” anymore they just put out their bags. I did get lots of “happy halloween” so maybe thats the new saying.

Get the aliens back to area 51 and fire up the saucer. They gots to go!!

17. Anonymous said on 31 Oct 2009 at 11:42 pm:

Fran Kendrick said on 31 Oct 2009 at 8:22 pm: Flag comment

of blacks and hispanics, all with one goal….to get something for nothing.

Maybe they were waiting for obamarama to “appear” to give them their “something for nothing.”

18. Not Kevin C said on 1 Nov 2009 at 12:02 am:

Greg, sorry to be off topic, but what’s the latest on the arts funding scandal. I thought Corey Stewart was going to dissolve the arts panel, but it doesn’t seem like anything happened. What’s he waiting for?

19. Big Dog said on 1 Nov 2009 at 9:09 am:

Greg, that picture looks like it was taken in the Manassas
    Council Chambers and, at first, I thought you were getting an
    award from two city officials.

20. Bridget said on 1 Nov 2009 at 11:08 am:

How about we pass the plate to get Greg his very own custom velvet … Make-over Greg as Black Velvet Elvis with Aliens. Awesome:

21. Karla H said on 1 Nov 2009 at 1:03 pm:

“Chinese people are just like Mexicans” - Angelena

They are. Just as both are like whites, blacks, Indians and Eskimos.

No one here in their right mind has ever denied that.

The issue many people in this nation have is that some have broken into our country illegally, and then have gone on to rationalize their behavior.

22. Tillie said on 1 Nov 2009 at 4:51 pm:

I suggest Greg gives the green card to the one on his right. She (or he) definitely looks pregnant. We’d have a beautiful little alien anchor baby.

23. Fran Kendrick said on 1 Nov 2009 at 7:18 pm:

Please, Tillie! We have more than enough anchor babies, don’t you think?
    From the looks of the Halloween beggars last night at the mall, we are absolutely
    going to be a minority (if we haven’t already reached that distinction). Of
    course, once Obama comes out with his amnisty policy, we can certainly expect
    even more hoards of pregnant hispanic women. They know where their bread is
    buttered.

24. Kevin C. said on 1 Nov 2009 at 8:54 pm:

Tillie said, “…the one on his right. She (or he) definitely looks pregnant.”

Sad to say but now we may NEVER find out who the one on the right is. Not that we ever were.

No offense Tillie but, isn’t one of the questions that is SURE to get your face slapped, “Are you pregnant?”

BTW, anyone seen my STALKER (Not Kevin C) anywhere?

Ever notice how all the “NOT” screen names belong to the multiple personality disorder COWARDS?

25. Ayn Rand is Right said on 1 Nov 2009 at 9:22 pm:

Bruce Lee a symbol of Chinese Nationalism? Huh? What? He was a martial arts actor. And if all you know of “Black Velvet” as a mixed drink, then maybe you should quit working in the strip clubs. Black Velvet paintings are schlocky art expression… and a painting of Bruce Lee on Black Velvet is just plain cool.

26. Anonymous said on 2 Nov 2009 at 1:08 am:

Ayn Rand is Right said on 1 Nov 2009 at 9:22 pm: Flag comment

Won’t hold a candle to my Elvis one!:)

27. Angelena said on 2 Nov 2009 at 2:19 am:

Chinese… Mexicans… all immigrants.

28. Just the Facts said on 2 Nov 2009 at 9:17 am:

Not Kevin C - We had hoped to hear about the demise of the arts grants panel at the last BOCS meeting but nothing that I’m aware of has happened. Recall that this is the unelected panel that got nearly $200,000 of PWC taxpayer money, and gave $55,000 of it to Mark Wolfe largely to subsidize the Ballet School he and his wife run. The “Manassas” Ballet also paid $34,000 to an Annandale group run by some of Wolfe’s friends even though they receive taxpayer funding from both Manassas and PWC.

I’m disapppointed at efforts so far and hoping to hear some good news for taxpayers from Corey and the BOCS soon.

29. AlienNo. 1 said on 2 Nov 2009 at 9:44 am:

That’s it. I’m hittin’ the gym today!

It ain’t even breedin’ season for us aliens yet!

30. Citizen12 said on 2 Nov 2009 at 10:04 am:

Fran Kendrick said on 31 Oct 2009 at 8:22 pm:
    ” A couple of friends and I returned from Manassas Mall around 7:00 pm and I swear
    to God, it was like being in a completely foreign land….”

****************************************************************

Just be glad that “foreign land” you were in was not Detriot

Detroit has more targets in annual Devil’s Night arson battle

Thousands fan out for Angels’ Night in Detroit

31. Kevin C. said on 2 Nov 2009 at 10:12 am:

Angelena said on 2 Nov 2009 at 2:19 am: “Chinese… Mexicans… all immigrants.”

Mercedes… Kia… (Pintos, Gremlins) all cars.

Try making a VALID point.

32. Cynic said on 2 Nov 2009 at 12:30 pm:

Get the scoop on some real action in the real world - December 2009 issue of: SOLIDER OF FORTUNE - America’s Toughest Sheriff, Part III, page 14, by Dr. Martin Brass

33. Not SPLC said on 2 Nov 2009 at 4:43 pm:

My, my, what a picture! Nicest looking “aliens” that I’ve seen in these thar parts.

Greg, did the aliens steal you for nefarious experiments?

Big Dog- that was too funny!

34. Anonymous said on 2 Nov 2009 at 4:55 pm:

Angelena said on 2 Nov 2009 at 2:19 am: Flag comment

Chinese… Mexicans… all immigrants.

I prefer Chinese but hold the msg please! Mexicans give me heartburn (if you know what I mean.)