video production in Manassas and Prince William County

Dems: Ouch!

By Greg L | 12 November 2009 | National Politics | 17 Comments

Yeah, how’s that whole ramming socialized medicine through Congress thing working out for you, Speaker Pelosi?  And Gerry Connolly, are you paying attention here?

Here’s a good example of why this is happening:

… I am not fretting here about some remote and unlikely possibility. We are not speaking here of “slippery slopes” or in terms of “what comes next?”

We are instead objecting to a black-letter law spelled out for all to see in the very first piece of legislation you’re proposing.

Right out of the box. The state here — Pelosi, Reid, Obama — are claiming that they can imprison people for behavior that has never before even been hinted as being a crime, on the theory that such behavior constitutes unpatriotic economic behavior which is detrimental to the state’s balance sheets.

Voters are getting a good look at what Democrat control of government actually looks like, and man, it’s not pretty at all.

1. Johnson said on 12 Nov 2009 at 7:28 am:

Children acting up while the adults are not home. Mom and Dad Voter will be home soon, little Nancy and little Harry, Pack your sh!t.

2. Herndon Bob said on 12 Nov 2009 at 7:46 am:

Oh wait!!

It gets even better, next up after “Government Rationed Health Care” is amnesty for illegal aliens. I’m really looking forward to next November.

3. Dave in PWC said on 12 Nov 2009 at 8:02 am:

4. Kevin C. said on 12 Nov 2009 at 9:46 am:

MORE good news:

Dodd ratings slip again in new poll

HARTFORD — U.S. Sen. Christopher Dodd’s approval rating has declined again, and three Republicans would beat him in head-to-head matchups in next year’s election, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll.

My NEW favorite word: AGAIN

5. Just the Facts said on 12 Nov 2009 at 10:05 am:

I’m sorry to see Lou go and hope he can find another outlet to express his views. However, it’s long been an open secret that CNN President Jonathan Klein can’t stand Lou. Seems he finally succeeded in getting rid of him.

Of greater concern is the possibility of Lou running for president as an independent. As things are going now a Republican such as Huckabee or Romney has a somewhat better than 50/50 chance of ousting Obama in 2012 in a head-to-head election. Obama will certainly not win Virginia and several other states he got in 2008 in such a race.

Lou, running as an independent, would take away many more votes from the Republican candidate than from Obama. An independent Lou Dobbs candidacy would almost guarantee reelection for Obama. Speculation has it that Lou may run for the Republican nomination but his trademark is being an independent. To me it’s hard to see how he could credibly reverse that and align himself with one of the parties he has been railing against.

I know we’ll be talking about this issue as we approach the 2012 election so I’ll be the first to throw it out now. Defeating Obama in 2012 should be our main objective even if that means settling for a Republican who is not our first choice. At first glance, I like the prospect of a Lou Dobbs presidency better than one with Huckabee or Romney. However, Obama is the most disastrous President we have ever had and ANY Republican is preferable. We need to unite behind someone soon and focus on regaining the White House.

More media changes may be on the way also. The GE sell-out of NBC to Comcast is looking much more likely now. Brian Roberts, Comcast’s CEO, is focused on profit and not likely to allow the hard-left bias at NBC news and MSNBC, which has put both in the tank for ratings and profitability, to continue.

GE’s practices regarding NBC were oriented toward profit also, but in a different way. GE has made big bets on “green” technology and supports such nonsense as cap and trade. They stand to win big-time by Obama getting his environmental policies enacted. Thus, they created a “news” organization with the purpose of electing and supporting Obama. However, NBC has been pulling GE’s performance down for a long time. The proposed deal would give Comcast a 51% (controlling) stake in NBC and provide a huge cash inflow to GE. GE’s stock has been struggling as the broad market has recovered significantly since last March. Even Jeff Immelt, GE’s CEO, has to be accountable to his shareholders at the end of the day.

Comcast is involved with “diversity” programs, and has ties to La Raza and other racist organizations. However, they are just trying to sell cable TV and other products to those groups. They don’t have a huge financial stake in supporting Obama as does GE and are going to look at what they can do with NBC to return it to profitability. As everyone knows in the media business, that means increasing viewership and advertising revenue. One part of doing that, aside from providing programming people actually want to watch, is returning NBC and MSNBC to being news organizations rather than mouthpieces for Obama and the left. Goodbye Keith, Ed and Rachel!

6. Kevin C. said on 12 Nov 2009 at 10:06 am:

Dave in PWC said on 12 Nov 2009 at 8:02 am:

“We lost a voice helping us against amnesty last night. Lou Dobbs quit CNN, last broadcast was last night.”

I’m guessing he’s thinking about getting into (real) politics.

Anyone know where he lives and who he’d be running against (If I’m right, that is)?

7. Riley said on 12 Nov 2009 at 10:16 am:

I unequivocally state here and now that I will not support either Romney or Huckabee for President.

8. Herndon Bob said on 12 Nov 2009 at 10:20 am:

Kevin C

9. Just the Facts said on 12 Nov 2009 at 10:24 am:

Riley - my enthusiam for Romney and Huckabee is probably about the same as yours. Would you not chose a near certainty of electing one of them versus a greater chance of Obama being reelected? I’m open to ideas and suggestions but to me the most important task for Republicans in 2012 is sending Obama out to join Jimmy Carter where he can do more damage.

Give me a plan for defeating Obama with someone better than Romney or Huckabee.

10. Just the Facts said on 12 Nov 2009 at 10:30 am:

Correction”

sending Obama out to join Jimmy Carter where he can do no more damage.

11. Dave in PWC said on 12 Nov 2009 at 10:53 am:

Just the facts,

Why do you think that Lou will divide the vote? I wonder if he might win the majority as an independent.

I concur we need to get the Obamination out of office as quickly as we can to limit the damage he can do. I’m hearing that Harry Reid won’t survive next election, too bad about Pelosi and her district, we’ll never get her voted out. But perhaps she will become the minority leader in November 2010.

I’m hearing rumblings from my friends in the northeast that they are sick and tired of the same old thing from the dems and are already starting to mobilize the workers and volunteers to put candidates against the dems up in RI, MA, NH, CT. We shall see what comes of this.

12. Johnson said on 12 Nov 2009 at 10:57 am:

I’m sure that Lou will be able to find something to do. I hope that his intellect and talents can be utilized in the fight against amnest for illegal aliens. This crap has got to stop.

13. Just the Facts said on 12 Nov 2009 at 11:14 am:

Don’t get me wrong. I like Lou Dobbs. However, third-party candidates only succeed in getting Democrats elected. Even as popular as Teddy Roosevelt was, his third party candidacy got Wilson elected. Ross Perot got Clinton elected. Look at NY 23 this month. A second Obama term is just too much to risk on the unlikely prospect of even a good candidate defeating him on a third-party ticket.

Our immediate goal is 2010 and the Congress. Taking back enough seats in the House and Senate to neuter Obama legislatively would be great. However, presidents have powers to inflict harm on us (for example, executive orders) beyond Congress. Sweeping dems out of Congress in 2010 is important but does not end the danger of Obama getting more of his left-wing agenda enacted.

I hope sincerely that conservatives and Republicans, two groups that still include a large overlap, including me, won’t rally behind any candidate (Republican or third-party) who has little hope of ousting Obama.

14. Patty said on 12 Nov 2009 at 1:05 pm:

I’m tired of picking the lesser of two evils. I don’t like Romney and I don’t like Huckabee. I would hope the Republican Party can come up with a better candidate for 2012.

For now there are bunch of congressman that need to go. 2010 is around the corner.

15. Kevin C. said on 12 Nov 2009 at 2:29 pm:

Herndon Bob said on 12 Nov 2009 at 10:20 am:
    “Lou lives in New Jersey. Winning any election in that state would be hard for him.”

You think, maybe, Christie’s win might have perked his interest?

I just can’t imagine him leaving CNN without a DEFINITE plan.

16. Independant Voter said on 12 Nov 2009 at 3:52 pm:

If you want independant voters to vote Republican in ‘12, I suggest David Petraeus & Joe Scarborough. That’s a ticket Independants (such as myself) could support. The Democrats would love to see Palin, Huckabee, or Romney anywhere on the ticket thus assuring a win that could go to Repubicans if they have a “big tent” candidate. If you have any doubts about this strategy, think “Bob Mcdonnel” and his very inclusive, excellent campaign that worked for Virginia.

17. PWCtaxpayer said on 13 Nov 2009 at 3:16 pm:

Huckabee is a bigot. What he did to Romney is unforgivable in my book - and because of what Huckabee did - you remember he would not even call him a Christian - damaged Romney so bad that he cannot really be a player - and we need his (Romney’s) skills mor than ever not the Huck huckster playing music ! I still light candles for Gingrich to run, but he is going to need some good folks around him to keep his brain going, his ears open and his ego in check.