One Million Visits

By Greg L | 12 December 2009 | Blogs | 16 Comments

According to sitemeter, we crossed the one million visits mark at BVBL this week.

1. Kevin C said on 13 Dec 2009 at 12:58 am:

CONGRATULATIONS BVBL/Greg!!!

I have to admit, I used to make this site my FIRST stop on the “web” but now I stop here LAST!!!

Reason being, there’s just too much GREAT “stuff” to look at.

When I stopped here first, I always felt kinda hurried to get on to other sites and didn’t spend enough time.

Now I take my time.

BEST site on the web !!!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Now, on to the NEXT million !!!

2. Old Soldier said on 13 Dec 2009 at 8:36 am:

Congratulations!

I agree with some of your posts… I disagree with some of your posts… but I always read your blog. It reports on many issues not otherwise covered elsewhere.

So, is this one million and two?

3. Johnson said on 13 Dec 2009 at 9:33 am:

Congratulations, Greg.

4. Freedom said on 13 Dec 2009 at 10:39 am:

Congratulations Greg….you perform a great service!!!

5. Ayn Rand IS Right! said on 13 Dec 2009 at 3:50 pm:

So what is the status on the suit?

6. Truth to Power said on 13 Dec 2009 at 10:10 pm:

Congratulations for a job well done!

7. CharacterCountsKris said on 14 Dec 2009 at 2:51 am:

Congratulatons! I enjoy getting insights here from locals who care and want the best for their community.

Now, will you consider a name change?

8. Just the Facts said on 14 Dec 2009 at 8:07 am:

Congratulations Greg!

When I moved to this area more than a decade ago I bought a subscription to the “News and Messenger” to keep up with events in my community. I was much disappointed in that this so-called newspaper reports based on the biases of its editor, and on promoting the interests of a small clique of “in-crowd” people in Manassas and Prince William County. I dropped the subscription a long time ago because I didn’t find the JM even worth the paper to line my cats’ litter box. Our Sunday subscription to the Washington Compost provides enough paper for that every week.

I appreciate very much the ability to come here and find out about the goings-on in our community that we would otherwise know nothing about. This is generally part of the trend in the US for people to get news from blogs and other alternative sources rather than the traditional media. BVBL’s one million mark is a testimonial to the great job Greg is doing for this community.

As an unsolicited plug for Greg - if you have video or Internet work you need done, contact him - www.beehivesites.com. BVBL won’t continue if he can’t make a living.

9. Greg L said on 14 Dec 2009 at 9:54 am:

A name change? To what?

After building this “brand” for about five years now, I can’t imagine any moniker that would be worth throwing my name recognition away.

10. K. Vonnegut said on 14 Dec 2009 at 12:27 pm:

Hi ho.

11. Riley said on 15 Dec 2009 at 12:31 am:

Congrats, Greg! We’re right behind you on Virtucon (being a little younger and all) as we’re about to top 800,000 visitors.

12. citizenofmanassas said on 15 Dec 2009 at 11:50 am:

Congrats Greg. One of the best blogs on the web.

13. Just the Facts said on 15 Dec 2009 at 12:44 pm:

citizenofmanassas - I’m glad we’re back in agreement on something!

14. wineplz said on 15 Dec 2009 at 3:36 pm:

and to think I thought I thought I was hot-stuff with 29k after 2-1/2 years. ;)

Congrats! Great job. I always check here for my local info.

15. Sanford Horn said on 18 Dec 2009 at 9:25 pm:

Congratulations. This is what happens when quality is recognized. And when you post my musings!