The White House Culture War

By Greg L | 24 December 2009 | National Politics | 23 Comments

What would Christmas be without an homage to Chairman Mao, drag queens, and The Obummer himself?  In the eyes of the Obama administration, apparently a holiday not sufficiently infused with “hope and change”, one would suppose.

I would never have thought Aldous Huxley’s imagination could have possibly underestimated what our future holds for us.

1. Anonymous said on 24 Dec 2009 at 12:41 pm:

I haven’t liked it when people have referred to our past president disrespectfully and even though I don’t like this president I think it says more about you than it does him when you call him names. Your site has gone from a site worth watching to basically just you being a big crybaby.

2. Greg L said on 24 Dec 2009 at 1:28 pm:

Question for readers: was the above comment from the talking points issued by moveon.org, Democratic Underground, Organizing For America or Socialism and Liberation magazine?

3. Old Soldier said on 24 Dec 2009 at 4:43 pm:

Cheap shot… you could make the same argument for either side. The “fringe” isn’t representative of either the right or the left. It’s only worth talking about if you really have nothing else to say.

4. let'sstartfromscratch said on 24 Dec 2009 at 8:31 pm:

Greg - you forgot one group - the anti group - that’s my vote for where anon must have crawled ….
    And I read the article about Nobama’s ornaments in the news this morning and almost hurled. But we shouldn’t be surprised should we? Afterall, he is a socialist … and more importantly, a “community leader”…..
    Thanks to him, we can kiss this nation good-bye.
    And, Anon, you better wake the hell up!

5. Anonymous said on 25 Dec 2009 at 5:42 am:

The ornaments in question were made by school children, not Obama nor the White House. The White House sent ornaments to various schools and asked the children to decorate them as they wished.

6. Cato the Elder said on 25 Dec 2009 at 8:18 am:

This is a very plausible explanation, because when I was in grade school it was my greatest dream to make an ornament featuring transvestites to send to the White House.

Moron.

7. Anonymous said on 25 Dec 2009 at 8:45 am:

I am not the one who corrected about where the ornaments came from but I am the one who said the name calling was ridiculous was not appropriate. Greg, it doesn’t matter who the post came from it is still a fact you are displaying low breeding and poor manners with the name calling. Crying “Well they did it too!” puts you right down there on their level.

I’m not sure where some of you grew up but my parents and grandparents would not be proud of me for acting disrespectfully to any president and would not have hesitated to correct my mistake in public. My dad said Carter was maybe the sorriest president we ever had but I NEVER heard him making up names or him.

Question for readers: Did Greg address his ill manners or try to divert it onto the person who called him on it?

8. Anonymous said on 25 Dec 2009 at 9:07 am:

Nice one. Pass the buck for this White House denigration of Christmas to school children.

Since Obama can’t make Christmas go away - instead he has chosen to denigrate and mock it.

Thanks for the transparency.

9. Anonymous said on 25 Dec 2009 at 9:07 am:

Thanks for the transparency.

10. Ron said on 25 Dec 2009 at 9:21 am:

11. Anonymous said on 25 Dec 2009 at 10:04 am:

Let’s claim the White House is denigrating Christmas and let’s ignore the ill mannered people who made so many of the middle voters sick of us. The only problem is there is plenty of proof that Greg did not gather all of his facts before claiming the White House is trying to “denigrate” Christmas. However, there is direct proof right here on this site that being ill mannered is OK because two wrongs make a right. As much as Obama is really doing wrong and all we can come up with is this?

Way to many of the people claiming to be conservatives and/or Republicans are neither. I claim to be conservative and by definition I support what I think is best in society and am leery of radical changes. Now why don’t some of you other “conservatives” tell me what is best about name calling?

12. Greg L said on 25 Dec 2009 at 11:59 am:

Oh, I’m such a horrible person for calling the President “Obummer.” Flay me with a wet noodle or two at least twenty times.

Cripes, for all the dismantling of our Republic by this buffoon, some so-called conservatives are more upset with the moniker “Obummer” than with his hell-bent dedication to turn the U.S. into some approximation of a socialist european country. Yeah, I take that criticism seriously, about as seriously as the following comment posted from the same IP address as the supposed “conservative” that kicked off this thread:

I mean if some of you guys are to be believed it is only Dems who don’t respond to their constituents. Were the posts you put up here actually posted by idiot left wingers or were they posted by right wingers for the sole purpose of getting people like you to repost them? You know, typical righty-looney stuff.

I swear the lefties must have put out a manual telling them to foist their talking points clothed in the thin and implausible veneer of “I am a conservative.” It’s the only tactic they ever seem to use.

13. Patty said on 25 Dec 2009 at 12:40 pm:

Mrs. F,

I’ve seen you call others names.

Mrs. F this is Christmas…a celebration of God’s gift to us….His Son. Jesus came from Heaven and came to us in the flesh. The God/Man, Jesus Christ, came to pay for our sins so that we can have life…..eternal life. Eternal life is this: that we can know God and His Son Jesus.

Please for your own sake…consider what Christmas is really about.

14. Dave in VA said on 25 Dec 2009 at 4:53 pm:

Interesting how people are quick to flay each other. We need to vote ALL the incumbents out in 2010 and then again in 2012 and 2014 until everything is cleaned out. Both parties have become beholden to lobbyists, corporations and PACs. Meanwhile Congress is the orchestra playing on the Titanic while it sinks. Quit getting wrapped in little things and look at the big picture; an economy that continues to sink, health-care that is poorly done, two expensive wars, etc. Locally we have traffic that doesn’t improve, unbelievably high property taxes, illegal aliens and more. Christmas decorations in poor taste, yes they are but we need to focus on more important issues.

15. Karla H said on 25 Dec 2009 at 8:37 pm:

“Interesting how people are quick to flay each other. We need to vote ALL the incumbents out in 2010 and then again in 2012 and 2014 until everything is cleaned out. Both parties have become beholden to lobbyists, corporations” - Dave in VA

1. Hear, here! I agree, Dave. Our system needs an enema.

2. Cyberspace provides the technology for us to say anything we want. If there are conflicts, Greg has always been gracious enough to say, “You folks work it out amongst yourselves.” As I’ve said before, I like that! All opinions are subjective. The right to voice an opinion is objective. It is an innate human right. A right that is not preserved all sites (not to mention any names ;^).

3. Greg has the guts to attach his names to all his posts. We all know who he is. He is not hiding behind a pseudonym. This is a well run site, with timely news, and boards that provide the ability for free and innovative thinking for all! Kudos to Greg!

16. Kevin C said on 26 Dec 2009 at 12:31 am:

Anonymous said: “I haven’t liked it…when you call him names.”

Anonymous (also) said:”… my parents and grandparents would not be proud of me for acting disrespectfully…”

Anonymous (also) said:”…basically just you being a big crybaby.”

So, Anonymous, WHAT do you think your parents and grandparents will think when they find out you’re a HYPOCRITE?

BTW, Anonymous (also) said, “My dad said Carter was maybe the sorriest president we ever had…”

So, would that make your dad a hypocrite TOO ?

With that said, I agree with Dave in Va, “We need to vote ALL the incumbents out…Both parties have become beholden to lobbyists, corporations and PACs.”

As I have said before, the problem is no longer Democrats or Republicans but POLITICIANS !!!!

It’s time we remind them just exactly WHO it is they are SUPPOSED to be working for !!!!

17. Wolverine said on 26 Dec 2009 at 2:48 am:

Where I grew up the folks would have been aghast if they had declared themselves in opposition to a certain piece of legislation before the Congress and a Democratic senator from Rhode Island stood up and stated that those folks must be part of the Aryan Nation or some other racist group. This on top of a Speaker of the House who seems to think that those who actively oppose her party’s political agenda are akin to Nazis.

Some people had better start shoveling the crap out of their own stables before they take others to task. Maybe these politicians ought to stop referring to the citizens “disrespectfully.”

18. Cynic said on 26 Dec 2009 at 1:17 pm:

Kevin C said on 26 Dec 2009 at 12:31 am:

“Both parties have become beholden to lobbyists, corporations and PACs.”

True. But, unfortunately, they supply the funds required to get them elected.

Trite, but the bottom line is: our Elected work for these lobbyists, corporations and PACS - not us!

These are the facts and why I favor a Timocracy - which we had back when the Country was founded!

19. Kevin C said on 26 Dec 2009 at 6:01 pm:

Not a criticism but a correction:

Actually, I was quoting Dave in Va who said, “Both parties have become beholden to lobbyists, corporations and PACs.”

GOTTA give credit where credit is due.

Cynic said, “our Elected work for these lobbyists, corporations and PACS - not us!”

Which is why I am in TOTAL agreement with Dave in Va who said, “We need to vote ALL the incumbents out in 2010 and then again in 2012 and 2014 until everything is cleaned out.”

Once again, it is LONG past time we remind these CROOKED, EGOTISTICAL BA$TARD$ who they are working for!

I’m tired of seeing them walk around with MY PIE on THEIR fingers!!!!!

20. Ron Homan said on 27 Dec 2009 at 9:42 am:

Dave is correct…Clean Sweep every year until the “politburo” is deposited on the ash heap of history.

21. Nancy Pratt said on 27 Dec 2009 at 2:47 pm:

The founding fathers would never have approved of “career” polititions. We should dermand term limits and clean our country up!

22. freshstart said on 29 Dec 2009 at 10:59 am:

AMEN, Nancy!!!!

23. Cynic said on 29 Dec 2009 at 3:30 pm:

Current system gives us nothing more than Stealth, Pseudo Fascism. This Stealth Pseudo Fascism is worse than Fascism present directly as such.