Local Stimulus For Illegal Workers

By Greg L | 19 January 2010 | Illegal Aliens, Prince William County | 24 Comments

Today might be the day Prince William County decides on the rezoning application for Avendale, which could quite reasonably be entitled “The 2010 Prince William County Employment Stimulus Act For Illegal Aliens.”  If we’re going to carve out space for a few hundred new homes in the rural crescent, a pretty bad idea in itself, we might as well make sure that notorious employers of illegal aliens such as Brookfield Homes and the subcontractors they use have the opportunity to slam in a few thousand of their typically undocumented “quality tradesmen” into the remaining residential properties in the county that are for sale.

I’d have thought this was a non-starter and hardly worth mentioning, but it seems a few on the Board of County Supervisors might actually think this idea makes a lick of sense.

1. Patty said on 19 Jan 2010 at 1:38 pm:

I don’t like it that they are going to put this up for a vote while John Stirrup is out of town. They should wait till he gets back to vote on this. This is not good - not good at all!

2. Patty said on 19 Jan 2010 at 2:30 pm:

I checked the agenda and Avendale was not on it. Chairman Stewart made an announcement that it was NOT to be voted on today and that something of that magnitude would be put on the agenda a week before the meeting.

I hear that someone who works for the News and Messenger started that rumor. I guess the mouth is bigger than the brain.

3. Reventon said on 19 Jan 2010 at 2:35 pm:

I first heard the rumor in Spanish.

4. anklenipper said on 19 Jan 2010 at 3:10 pm:

Look at the bright side, more money for illegals = more money spent at Best Buy for subwoofers! Economic stimulation at it’s finest…

Okay that was out of line but my windows rattle every time they roll by and it just popped out.

5. AnonymousMom said on 19 Jan 2010 at 4:17 pm:

Chairman Stewart proposed a resolution prohibiting development in the Linton Hall area until, at a minimum, two new elementary schools and one new high school are built and opened for students. That somehow morphed into fears that Avendale would be re-submitted and approved because concerns about school overcrowding would be addressed by the new school construction.

6. AntiReporter said on 19 Jan 2010 at 4:55 pm:

The rumor was reported on antibvbl - they started it.

7. AntiReporter said on 19 Jan 2010 at 4:56 pm:

As usual they claim “reliable sources” told them it was indeed going to be put on the agenda at the last minute by Stewart.

8. Patty said on 19 Jan 2010 at 5:11 pm:

AntiReporter said on 19 Jan 2010 at 4:55 pm: Flag comment

The rumor was reported on antibvbl - they started it

AntiReporter said on 19 Jan 2010 at 4:56 pm: Flag comment

Thanks for the correction AntiReporter. I’ll just modify what I posted earlier - Their mouth is bigger than their brain.

9. Bristow Bristling said on 20 Jan 2010 at 9:43 am:

Services:

In reviewing the Board Agenda for Tuesday and watching the Board hearing via stream, I see that PWC is now moving forward with the “Emergency Medical Services Billing Policy.”

PWC taxpayers already pay a fire levy tax for F&R services that other jurisdictions do not pay. Although I sent BOCS an email inquiry asking if the fee will replace the levy tax, I never received a reply. It makes me believe that we will end up with both.

In contacting neighboring jurisdictions (Fairfax and Loudoun) I found that their taxpayers are not burdened with this type of “double dip” even under the premise that the insurance companies will be billed. Need I say more on that other than - sure, right, uh huh and everyone using EMS has insurance to cover the costs ???

If the argument is that the fire levy is required to maintain services, then where is the police levy (they too are struggling with budget issues) and are the police going to charge a fee in the future for Emergency Services?

According to Chief McGee in his presentation, there will be a high start up cost and the billing will be administered by an outside source.

Mrs. Caddigan asked, “Where will revenue go? There was no answer to where the money will need to be spent…… Then why do this if there is no directed area that will use the revenue?

I cannot support this fee coupled with a fire levy tax plus our property taxes, etc. Just a thought… And yes, I have made the BOCS aware if my concerns.

10. Patty said on 20 Jan 2010 at 2:12 pm:

For those who like to start rumors about Avendale(re: to what AntiReporter posted), here is an article for you:

Get educated.

11. Kevin C said on 21 Jan 2010 at 9:48 am:

Bristow Bristling said on 20 Jan 2010 at 9:43 am: “Talking about the BOCS meeting, I am somewhat confused and dismayed over the Fire Department presentation on a Fee for Emergency Services.”

Just file it next to your LANDFILL USE FEE!

Something that was not approved until it was decided to stop ALL out of county trash yet tons and tons and TONS of trash still comes into our landfill (on a regular basis) from Fairfax County?

THAT’S what happens when “they” (BOCS) allow CROOKS (and IDIOTS) to run county departments!

In any event, you can REST ASSURED that until WE stand up to POLITICIANS and DEMAND accountability, they will continue to dig deeper and DEEPER into OUR pockets!!!!!

Bottom line is: Politicians don’t SOLVE problems, politicians FUND problems!!!!

*** *** *** ***

Perfect example of the CROOKS (and IDIOTS) running things: $17 of the Landfill User Fee is SUPPOSED to be set asside for recycling yard waste (brush, leaves, grass clippings, etc.) BUT, if you use a commercial trash hauler, which most people do, yard waste goes STRAIGHT INTO THE TRASH!!!!

So WHERE does the $17 go?

Doesn’t is SCARE you to know that a guy (Solid Waste Division Chief) who wasn’t able to coordinate LUNCH for 20 people (THIS I saw with my OWN EYES) oversees a MULTI-MILLION dollar budget?

12. I pay for taxes for this? said on 21 Jan 2010 at 11:58 am:

While we are busting on the county, here is something to think about:

The new county executive announcement was delayed for some reason from the Tuesday Board meeting.

Please any of you that personally know Board members, especially the good ones who listen to staff and citizens, kindly implore them to NOT go forward with the appointment of a certain rude to county staff, unprofessional, surrounds herself with a few yes people and discounts everyone else, and has no real qualifications other than working for the County for a long time candidate!

We County residents do not need more good old boy/girl appointments of people who are only marginally qualified to lead and in fact do not!

Check out your well paid department heads if you doubt this is what is going on, please Supervisors give us some new leadership, not more of the same!

No more OIT scandals, no more funny business with harassing/firing female employees, no more redundant departments doing the same thing on our dime.

13. Kevin C said on 21 Jan 2010 at 2:05 pm:

I pay for taxes for this? said on 21 Jan 2010 at 11:58 am: “…kindly implore them to NOT go forward with the appointment of a certain rude to county staff, unprofessional, surrounds herself with a few yes people and discounts everyone else, and has no real qualifications other than working for the County for a long time candidate!”

AS IF they’d listen.

Besides, if they DIDN’T “appoint” who you’re talking about, HOW would her HUSBAND who’s been a county employee “for a long time” get SEVENS on his evaluations, thereby advancing HIMSELF?

PWC Government is THICK with UNQUALIFIED RELATIVES of long time county employees!

*** *** *** ***

Does ANYONE really think that the BROTHER of the landfill superintendent, FRESH OFF THE PLANE from the Middle East, who could BARELY speak any English at all, was the MOST QUALIFIED candidate for a job in Environmental Services?

*** *** *** ***

Does anyone REALLY think that the EMOTIONALLY DISTURBED (don’t get me wrong, I’m ALL for hiring the handicapped) son (who could not even put his own BOOTS on) of a LONG TIME county employee deserves a FULL TIME, FULL PAID position of a county employee with ALL the benefits?

Especially when what the county REALLY does is provide ADULT DAY CARE for this individual while his mother works (her county job) and he waits for to pick him up from work?

AS IF tht’s not bad enough, because their schedules didn’t exactly co-incide, he had to wait a half hour for her to pick him up and he was paid a HALF HOUR OVERTIME EVERY DAY for the first few YEARS he worked for the county!!!

Can you imagine paying someone OVER TIME (with YOUR tax dollars) while he waited for his MOTHER to pick him up from “working” his FULL TIME COUNTY JOB that he is NOT the LEAST BIT qualified to have?

14. Cougar Mom said on 21 Jan 2010 at 2:53 pm:

I think “taxes” is refering to Melissa Peacor, whose was mentioned on the “anti this site” as the new county executive, her husband does not work for the county, Kevin is confusing Melissa with the current acting county executive who is another lady whose name escapes me who has a hubby who works for the county. Sounds like a real mess over there, glad I live in Manassas Park!

15. Greg L said on 21 Jan 2010 at 2:56 pm:

Peacor would be a disaster, but Susan Roltsch who is the acting County Executive is a well-respected professional who would probably do a fine job in the position.

16. Kevin C said on 21 Jan 2010 at 3:34 pm:

Greg L said on 21 Jan 2010 at 2:56 pm: “Peacor would be a disaster…”

I TOTALLY agree!

Peacor WOULD be a disaster! (and to think, we’re BOTH CT Yankees)

Speaking of which, do you know the DIFFERENCE between a Yankee and a DAMN Yankee?

And you’re RIGHT Cougar Mom (and Greg), I was confusing Peacor with Roltsch.

Hate to disagree with you Greg but I think Roltsch would be a DISASTER too!

The Board should have looked OUTSIDE the county for a new Exec!

Question: IF Peacor is under consideration for the PERMANENT position, WHY wasn’t she appointed Acting Exec?

Would she not have been MORE qualified, in SOMEONE’S eyes?

17. Just the Facts said on 21 Jan 2010 at 4:33 pm:

Peacor has been part and parcel of the scandals plaguing Prince William County. She was the architect of the cover-ups of the harassment and abuse incidents against female employees – someone had to clean up Ray Utz’ messes and Gerhart didn’t want to get his hands dirty.

Giving Peacor the County Executive job would be criminal. We have an opportunity to get some new blood in the County government and break up the incestuous good old boy/girl networks. I’m reserving judgment until I find out if this is actually true but if it is Corey has betrayed all of us – just a warning, not an accusation yet.

18. Arlo said on 21 Jan 2010 at 4:48 pm:

I hear that Corey is listening and reading these comments, Stirrup too, Wally is sensible, Nohe not sure what to make of him, Caddigan also a ?, they all know about elections in 2011, so call and email away and say to do the right thing and just say no to more of the same insider games, shovel time!

19. Kevin C said on 21 Jan 2010 at 5:25 pm:

Arlo said on 21 Jan 2010 at 4:48 pm: “…just say no to more of the same insider games…”

For all the GOOD it will do!

HOW do you think Tom Bruun wound up Director of Public Works?

I’m not sure how true this is but I heard he started out as an INTERN?

That was until (THREE DOLLAR) Bob Wilson “took him under his wing!”

THREE DOLLAR Bob Wilson had a LOT of “special” little guys working for him in Public Works!

Three of Bob’s “special little guys” showed up with him, EARLY on a Sunday morning, to an invitation only reception at the VMMA on Aden Road in Nokesville.

Can you IMAGINE how the S#!T would have flown if a (heterosexual MALE) department director showed up at a social function, on a Sunday morning, with three FEMALE employees in tow?

Chuck Colgan, Ben Thompson and John Jenkins practically BROKE their NECKS looking the OTHER WAY !!!!!

20. Just the Facts said on 21 Jan 2010 at 5:55 pm:

I hope Corey is reading these comments. I like him and still consider myself one of his supporters. Hopefully, these rumors about Peacor becoming County Exec are false and Corey never considered such a move. He is fully aware of her role in the sexual scandals in the County Government, and the documentation of Utz’ behavior and Peacor’s role, along with Griffin, protecting him. Corey has also received letters from one of our Republican elected officials in Richmond asking him to intervene on behalf of one of the female victims in Public Works. Peacor helped cover up this incident also and protect the perps. This problem is a cancer and not limited just to the Planning Office. So far, his response has been less than aggressive. He needs to seek to have Peacor and the other perps fired rather than promoted. ANY Supervisor who would seek to have one of the key players in these scandals promoted to the highest level of responsibility in the County Government would no longer be worthy of public trust.

21. Kevin C said on 21 Jan 2010 at 8:30 pm:

Just the Facts said (referring to Corey Stewart) on 21 Jan 2010 at 5:55 pm: “He needs to seek to have Peacor and the other perps fired rather than promoted.”

That’s not the way it works in PWC!

At least not from what I’ve seen, with my OWN EYES!!!

One of the reasons they (THREE DOLLAR Bob Wilson and Company) GOT RID of me (and I’ll admit that my TOUNGE, at times, was my worst enemy) was because of the MANY, PWC performance related, phrases I “coined.”

Remember back when they were looking for a new county seal?

I came up with the new MOTTO: “Prince William County, bending over backwards to accomodate the DEAD WEIGHT”

The REAL reason Wilson got rid of me was because he knew I was the ONLY one with enough BALLS to EXPOSE him for what he was!

A PREDATOR who used his position to prey on naive, ambitious young MEN!

*** *** *** ***

In any event, I hope the rumors about Peacor are FALSE!

Surely they MUST be, I really and truly cannot imagine anyone WORSE for the job!

They MUST be false??!!??

22. me said on 22 Jan 2010 at 8:13 pm:

A friend told me about this site, wow, I don’t know who Kevin is but as a former county employee and still county resident, (I took a job closer in and my home is for sale) I have to say he is right on about what goes on in public works and planning and transportation then and now.

Someone needs to check this out, members of the Board please ask about:

Spouses working for the county with high up spouses (construction services), hiring interns related to the stafff (landfill and environmental services and directors office), personal favors for constituents and rides for supervisors with county cars/gas to meetings and home (Jenkins and Barg and Principi and their constituents) firing a lady with cancer who was a whistleblower and harassment of females in general (environmental services and planning), staff taking county cars home to Stafford County (fleet) the hiring of personal friends and “pretty boys” of staff (public works director), staff leaving early to “work from home” (transportation) and questionale degrees of top staff.

Oh and I don’t vote for Peacor either, you will only get more of the above, this has been going on for years, partly why I left.

23. Kevin C said on 22 Jan 2010 at 11:31 pm:

me said on 22 Jan 2010 at 8:13 pm: “A friend told me about this site, wow, I don’t know who Kevin is but as a former county employee…I have to say he is right on about what goes on in public works…”

me said on 22 Jan 2010 at 8:13 pm: “…the hiring of personal friends and “pretty boys” of staff (public works director)…”

Everyone from the BOCS to the County Exec to Division Chiefs and so on down the ENTIRE line were BREAKING their NECKS to turn a BLIND EYE to what was known, throughout the county, as the “GAY SQUAD” running around with THREE DOLLAR Bob Wilson!!!!

*** *** *** ***

If I had a camera and got a PICTURE of THREE DOLLAR Bob and his three little BOYFRIENDS at the VMMA, that morning I talked about earlier, who knows WHAT department I’d be running today, instead of being RUN OFF my job by the (HOMO)SEXUAL PREDATOR Public Works Director, with the help of Paul Nichols who, as I said, didn’t have the GUTS or the DECENCY to stand up and do the RIGHT THING!!!!

THAT is why Paul Nichols LOST the election and his seat in the House of DELEGATES!!!!

He can BULLS#!T himself all he wants about WHY he lost but THAT is the REAL reason!!!!!

24. help wanted said on 23 Jan 2010 at 5:45 pm:

Who wants the job anyway, what a mess!