The Keith Fimian Minute

By Greg L | 3 March 2010 | Fairfax County, US Congress, Prince William County | 8 Comments

Here’s the first in a series of one minute videos by Keith Fimian where he discusses his campaign and the important issues he intends to address as the next Congressman representing the 11th District. I’m really looking forward to seeing more of these.

1. Dan said on 3 Mar 2010 at 12:04 pm:

I give the guy credit for this. Good use of You Tube. Wise to keep it to approximately a minute. So many campaign videos drone on and on and put everyone to sleep except the most ardent supporters. And they were going to vote for you anyway.

Fimian gets an “A” for this.

2. Freedom said on 4 Mar 2010 at 5:56 am:

Agree, Dan….and Keith Fimian gets an “A” for more than his “Minute” snippets; he also gets an “A” for “making it” as a successful businessman, vice a career in politics at the trough of taxpayer dollars. I know Keith personally; he’s not a “glitz and glitter, aren’t I great” kind of guy…he’s a common, ordinary, citizen who, like you and me, has been feeding the political careerists for too long.

I favor term-limits but politicians will never support that legislation; the only chance for term-limits is at the hands of the voter…and we’ve certainly had enough of Gerry Connolly already. Come November, Keith Fimian is the guy to limit Connolly’s term in Congress.

3. Dan said on 4 Mar 2010 at 10:04 am:

Freedom, I’m afraid I don’t agree with your characterization of public service as feeding at the trough of taxpayer dollars. I believe public service is a noble and important calling that should be honored.

Too often a broad brush is used to paint all politicians. They are not all the same. But they accurately represent the people who elect them. Some are brilliant. Some are just plain stupid. Some have integrity. Some are venal. Some are motivated by a sense of service and promoting the greater good. Some are all about themselves. In these ways they reflect all of us. And the greatest mistake is believing that either party has a monopoly on virtue.

Can’t agree with you on term limits either. That is what elections are for. If a representative is doing a fine job I don’t want a gimmick like term limits to keep me from voting to send him back for another term. And having no long serving members in Congress will only make us more vulnerable to the big business interests who already are able to buy so much influence. Sending in a bunch of rookies every couple of terms won’t slow those folks down one bit.

If Fimian wins this seat, does a good job and holds it for the next 18 or 20 years the rhetoric about “career politicians” will sound even sillier then than it does today. And trust me, it does sound pretty silly.

4. beantowngurl said on 4 Mar 2010 at 8:27 pm:

Problem is that often times a political party strangles the voters by supporting their insider candidate because the family has name recognition or their daddy was famous. Like the Kennedys …… and political opportunists like them. You need a Scott Brown or a Keith Fimian to get the seat back where it belongs. They don’t come along everyday. Nobody should make a career out of politics. It is the career politicians that have created all the problems. They get arrogant and addicted to the power and can’t keep their hands out of your pockets. Send all the party insiders and careerists home to get a real job.

There is no such thing as a rookie if they support and defend the Constitution, pursue limited government, and don’t spend more money than we have. Rookies may be the best candidates.

5. local gop said on 4 Mar 2010 at 10:16 pm:

“has been feeding the political careerists for too long”

So he decides to become that which he has a problem with?? Really?? Tell me you are smarter than that….

Unless he pledges to only remain in Congress for 4 years he is just another rich guy that wants to buy his congressional seat.

6. local gop's hemorrhoid said on 4 Mar 2010 at 11:59 pm:

Local gop should pledge to stop acting like a starry-eyed liberal and attacking Republicans who happen to be conservative far more than he has ever attacked the liberal democrats. Come to think of it, the only people local gop has ever attacked here are conservatives.

The only person to have taken up the challenge of running against Connolly when Obama was on the ticket was Keith Fimian. But to local gop he’s supposedly a “rich guy that wants to buy a congressional seat.” So much for those who actually put a ton of their own personal resources into the fight that year. I’ll bet local gop’s full contribution to that effort was nodding his head in agreement at Gerry Connolly’s robocalls.

Funny thing that every time a leftist wants to appear credible, they call themselves Republicans…

7. Freedom said on 5 Mar 2010 at 7:44 am:

Dan, sorry to burst your bubble, but my comments were really not intended to gain your agreement, but to state my view.

Public service is definitely a noble and important calling, no question. However, today, the governed has bestowed upon the United States Congress an all-time low approval rating, largely due to the arrogance of “I know best” political careerists who long ago forgot what it was like to be a common citizen. We see that glaring arrogance today re the health care debate. Knowing full well that the “represented” public is overwhelmingly opposed to the proposed health care bills, the pervasive attitude is “I’m in Congress, those constituents back home just don’t understand.”

Back to Keith Fimian, while I support Keith for Congress, I do not support him as a career politician. I would much prefer to see him elected, represent his constituents for two, perhaps three terms, and then relinquish his seat to another common, ordinary (and capable) citizen — perhaps you, Dan — while he returns to a career of producing. I happen to think that’s what our forefathers intended “representation” to be. …just my view.

8. Anon said on 5 Mar 2010 at 9:32 am:

I don’t think Keith Fimian is savvy enough to defeat Gerry Connolly. Connolly is a clever, clever politician who has a strong local base locally within his party loyal and within some local big business interests. I don’t like Connolly, and Davis certainly had his flaws before him, but I think Fimian is toast in the 11th. Fimian was always jetting off to other places to hit up his rich buddies. He doesn’t seem to have enough support to win here. I have my doubts that Pat Herrity could defeat Connolly. I will vote for whomever opposes Connolly and will decide on Fimian versus Herrity based upon their merits and what they tell me they will do at public forums, debates, and through other media. Defeating Connolly is the goal I care about.